A Summer Story [JEONGHAN-CENTRIC]

Once Upon A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jeonghan-centric (Continue reading to see the final pairing >:D) 
Rated: T 

Today, it’s summer.

Bobby discovered, chasing after someone was after all, very difficult. Especially that someone was also an idol.

From another idol group.

A guy.

Very good-looking, and by good-looking, Bobby meant ethereal.

Had the most beautiful, sweet smile.

And had a lot of unpaid bodyguards.

Yes, that one last point was the main point.

It all started with ISAC. Bobby was the captain of making friends in IKON and by the meant of it; he really enjoyed making friends. It’s then he met Yoon Jeonghan; the angel of Seventeen from ISAC and shared a few talks with that guy. From an exchange of hand shakes, it became talks, smiles and finally they even shared the same joke.

Yoon Jeonghan was laughing so hard at some joke Bobby cracked and at that time; Bobby guessed he had fallen in love.

It’s not that Bobby had no experience pursuing someone; he had his first puppy love back in middle school; he dated a few times back in high school and he also had a relationship when he’s a trainee but all those ended very fast. He even did many revisions on Google just so he could be very prepared; he may not look like it but Bobby had great potential to become the teacher’s favourite.

However; Yoon Jeonghan was an odd.

Pursuing him was extremely difficult.

Not that Jeonghan was playing hard to get.

He’s just very hard to get.

This was because of his subtle but extremely protective members. Especially those five.

Today, Bobby was going to share his experience pursuing Yoon Jeonghan and the human obstacles he had to overcome.

Before starting his story, let’s get familiar to the setup of Bobby’s experience first. IKON and Seventeen promoted in the same time for their latest comeback and this would mean meeting up whether coincidentally or not in the resting room, outside the resting room or even at the rooftop.

At that time, it’s the Inkigayo promotion and Bobby was holding a few sandwiches in his hands. Well, we all knew about the legendary Inkigayo sandwiches, right? The root of every idol’s love life? The flower of every budding romance? The Love to every Scenario? And the Oh to every My, right?

He didn’t mean to accidentally planned to pass by Seventeen’s resting room and seeing Yoon Jeonghan lying down comfortably on the couch while watching s acting dumb.

Bobby decided to become a man and started a very cheerful greeting. After all, Google said it’s the man’s gesture to start a relationship, right? “Hello!”

“A-Ah! Hello, sunbae-nim!” Seventeen jolted up altogether to bow to the rapper and Bobby swore Yoon Jeonghan was very cute when he immediately stood from his slouching position to greet him.

“Hey! Easy, easy—I was just passing by and thought it’s good to greet. Let’s be friends!”

Seungcheol was bowing in embarrassment, probably because a sunbae came to greet them instead of the other way round and kept bowing profusely while Bobby laughingly patted him on his back.

“Here, a token of greeting.” Bobby offered the sandwiches in his hands and although they’re not enough to accommodate to the thirteen of them; Bobby thought as long as it’s enough to reach the target of his sandwich. He gave out the sandwiches to a few of them who reached out their hands and then, “And this is yours, Jeonghan!” He grinned when he saw the flustered, embarrassed face of Jeonghan as he received Bobby’s sandwich.

“Thank you, sunbae. I will return your favour one day.”

“Hey, hey, take it easy!” Bobby patted Jeonghan’s shoulder and bowed at the rest of them before leaving the resting room with a heated face. Okay, the beginning step was complete!

And Bobby got a good feedback when there’s a new number messaging him at night.

[Good evening, sunbae. This is Yoon Jeonghan. Thank you for the sandwich!]

He swore on Jinhwan’s cute height, Bobby was rolling on the bed with a big smile. He thought he’s going to have a smooth walk after this; he even imagined it; but he didn’t know, many potholes were waiting for him on the road.

Namely;

1) Hoshi

This leader of Seventeen’s performance unit looked really harmless on the first glance. He’s that typical smiley hoobae that people would find easy to hang out with but charismatic when he’s serious. What Bobby didn’t know was; Hoshi was a dangerous person when it came to Yoon Jeonghan’s affection. What Bobby didn’t know was again; Hoshi was deadly critical when it came to questioning Jeonghan’s favouritism towards the other member.

He’s a fighter for Yoon Jeonghan’s affection.

Bobby tried to make it subtle but he had been appearing in front of Seventeen’s resting room so constantly that Jinhwan began to question if Bobby had decided to sign a contract with Pledis and became Seventeen’s fourteenth member and Hiphop unit’s fifth member.

“Hyuuuuunnnnngggg, let’s visit them!”

“Again?” Jinhwan gave a very displeased face not because he didn’t like visiting others but he just didn’t like the thought of bothering other people. But knowing this shameless person in front of him; especially when he’s very persistent and stubborn, Jinhwan’s smart brain began to suspect.

But Hanbin beat him to it: “Are you interested in one of the them?”

At that moment, all heads snapped to look at a very flustered Bobby. “W-What? I’m just being friendly.”

“Friendly my . Don’t think I don’t know how you’re eying that 95 liner guy. Yoo…Yoo Jeong-what?”

“Yoon Jeonghan.” Bobby unconsciously muttered to correct Junhoe.

At that moment, he regretted it very much at that stupid grins on s’ face.

“I…..”

“Jaa, let’s go then! I’m also very interested to meet Jihoon over some business.” Hanbin clapped his hands and then the rest of them also stood.

They all flashed Bobby an evil smile.

At that moment again, Bobby knew he ed up.

Finally, he gave a defeated roll of his eyes but he didn’t say anything and followed them dejectedly out of the room. Seventeen’s room was next to Astro’s which was just a corridor away from IKON’s. They appeared in front of the boys who were playing around with each other and as usual, Jeonghan was either slouching or lying down. There’s no in between.

“Sunbae!” Seungcheol was the first to greet when he saw the entire IKON members were standing in front of their door with a huge, friendly smile; except for Bobby who looked genuinely annoyed.

“Hi! Thought it’s good to greet!” Hanbin grinned at their flustered face; probably still not used to be friendly with the seniors. “And bond.” He gave a suggestive leer at the still annoyed Bobby and being the good comrade he was, he pushed Bobby into the room first followed by the rest of IKON.

Bobby greeted the others first and then he turned to smile shyly at Jeonghan who’s also smiling at him. “Hi.”

Jeonghan was still smiling and bowed because he really didn’t know how to react. Listen, he’s not a good socialite and by this, it meant he’s an introvert. He didn’t know how to be not awkward with a stranger because considering Bobby was a sunbae to him; Jeonghan was definitely anxious.

“How’s the sandwich?”

“Eh?”

Jeonghan looked at Bobby’s flustered face then laughed and nodded with his crunched nose; “It’s good. As expected from the legendary Inkigayo sandwich.” He looked back to find his couch and sat, gesturing Bobby to do the same. “And thank you for the phone number. You could have just asked, hahaha.”

Seeing this green light, Bobby wasted no time and quickly grasped the invitation. He sat next to Jeonghan and began opening a few random topics which were well-received by the other guy.

“So, are you excited for your stage later?”

“Well, I will be lying if I say I’m not. We will show Carats our sensation!”

“Heeeeh,” Bobby grinned in a form of challenge to Jeonghan; “We will as well~”

Jeonghan let out another laugh.

The rapper wouldn’t deny that he’s smitten by Jeonghan’s wrinkled eye-smile and crunched nose when he’s doubling in laughter. He’s about to open his mouth to say something when—

“Jeonghannie-hyuuunnnnng~”

Both of them turned to the leader of the performance unit who’s standing in front of them with a big grin on his face.

“Please show me your killing part. I need to see if you’re doing it accurately.”

Jeonghan raised his eyebrow. “I thought I showed you?”

“I need to make sure, hehe. You know me, right?”

The angel let out a ‘haha’ and bowed at Bobby in apology which the rapper reluctantly (but he didn’t show on his face) waved it off and followed Hoshi to the corner of the room.

At that time, Bobby was a little frustrated because they’re parted by work (Junhoe and Hanbin unhelpfully cheered him up while laughing to themselves) but when he saw Hoshi turned his head to give him a smirk, Bobby was taken back.

Now he knew.

This summer, Bobby found pothole no 1.

2) Dino

Ahh, this maknae. Seventeen’s matured and more serious-like member compared to the rest of his crackhead members. But that’s not the point.

The point was:

Bobby easily found Jeonghan on MBC rooftop. That’s because Chanwoo said Dino said whenever Jeonghan was missing; he would be spending his rest at the rooftop.

And the truth it was, Bobby saw Jeonghan was lying down on the wooden bench while he’s playing on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter