Unfinished Fate [GYUHAN FT JEONGCHEOL]

Once Upon A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Hinted Gyuhan ft Jeongcheol 
Rated: T 

“You actually made a good choice of cafe, Mingyu-ah... You're a regular here?”

Kim Mingyu smiled as he sat at a chair opposite of Jeonghan's and took the menu. “Nope. I'm just good at instincts.”

Jeonghan feigned a vomit.

They had just returned from the fansign and Mingyu complained of being hungry again despite already taken dinner with their manager. Seungcheol was drop dead on his bed after the meal while the rest of the members were glued in front of the television, leaving only Mingyu and Jeonghan in the room tending to their own entertainment.

“2 sets of dinner plater, please and a bottle of soju.” Mingyu smiled at the waitress and the girl blushed at his mesmerizing smile before taking the menu quietly and placed their orders.

Jeonghan shook his head at the giant, “Why do you have to flirt, huh? You're threatening gender balance in this world.”

“Wae hyung? You can't not admit that I'm good looking, huh?”

Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

Their soju reached first and Mingyu immediately took a sip.

“Don't drink too much, Gyu-ah. You're too heavy for me to carry all way to our dorm.” Jeonghan scolded.

“Ehhhhhhh! I have lost some weight okay! In no time I will definitely be lighter than you!”

“We can make a deal. You can transfer some muscles to me. I need to look bigger.” Jeonghan murmured as he observed his own small frame and then Mingyu laughed.

“BUAHAHAHAHAHA-- No, hyung. You'll look really weird. Nope. The current you is fine.”

The other tried to kick Mingyu under the table but he's fast enough to miss Jeonghan's attempt and laughed even more at Jeonghan pouting face.

“Well, you're still growing. And you're already very tall. Just wait when you can't control your growth. You will definitely beg to stop growing.” Jeonghan sipped his soju and sulked.

The maknae laughed again but this time, it's softer and his eyes were set on the other man who was scowling while drinking his glass while the yellow bulb above them flickered for a moment. A melancholy gush washed over Mingyu's stare.

Jeonghan who noticed the other's eyes looked up and frowned, “What?”

“Hey hyung...”

“...?”

Mingyu diverted his eyes to the table.

What's wrong with this brat? Jeonghan was dumbfounded at Mingyu's sudden change of demeanor.

Mingyu gulped another mouthful of soju and then he looked at Jeonghan's confused face. “I...was sort of reminded by a story I was told in my past...”

“...Story?”

“Are you interested?” Mingyu smiled. He put down his glass and then the same waitress came and placed their food on the table.

Jeonghan's mouth watered at the sight of the fried chickens in front of him and he quickly grabbed a fork before nodding at Mingyu. “Let's eat first.”

He watched Jeonghan pierced a piece of the fried meat and dipped it into the sauce that came with the bucket before putting the chicken into his mouth.

“Maa! ...--Ya! Why are you not eating, Kim?!”

Mingyu sipped another glass of soju and then he sighed deeply, ignoring Jeonghan's demand for him to start eating his food. “I want to tell you a story.”

“You can tell me after we eat.”

Mingyu stared at his hyung flatly.

“While we eat?”

“...”

Jeonghan rolled his eyes again. “Aish. You're really stubborn! Fine, fine. I will listen to you. What is it?”

Mingyu sighed. “Long, long ago...there was a prince of the vicious demons from Hell that was summoned to the heaven to negotiate to stop the war between Hell and Heaven so that both of them could work together to balance the world. As so, Hell will be gifted an angel from the Heaven as a vow of pacifying. He would be betrothed to the prince and maintain this sacred alliance for the sake of the Earth. The angel was God's favourite. Initially, this prince was a little reluctant to the marriage, however, Hell King was a man of his words. And so, this prince, who was aloof and distant ever since his birth was betrothed to the angel. Heaven and Hell swore to their Mother Earth to stop their war and worked together.

Speaking of the angel, he was a very beautiful creature; the most beautiful being that even the cold prince had to admit-- he's flustered by the first smile that the angel gave him on their first meeting. Every day, they would meet at the pavilion built by the heavenly knights at Heaven and the angel was so loving that he would always smile at the cold prince, taking him to the heavenly garden and played pipa for him.

“You don't like my song?” The angel once asked the prince sadly when the prince didn't seem to have his expression changed eventhough angel tried his hardest to please the demon.

Looking at the angel's teary eyes, the prince was a little afraid and touched angel's hand with his cold fingers.

“I love it.”

And then, as usual, the angel would smile sweetly at the prince and continued playing his song for the demon. Day by day, moons begone, the prince found himself slowly falling for the angel. His eyes softened whenever he looked at his angel smiling up at him; whenever his angel would be frowning as he complained his boredom to the prince and whenever his angel was lying his head on the prince's laps, taking his leisure nap. His desire for the angel became an unhealthy obsession.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter