If Only [JEONGCHEOL]

Once Upon A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A big thanks to 13121648, 2762809, ijb1996, BloodLineDeath, sweetpoisonz, AngAng13, Yellin710, kimtaeismybias, rosita1004, meaniedx, princessOrihime, Azucarita, lanasakura1, OathDark, miejie, cheonsaJH, realELF, Kpopasia4eva, Arwilein, charelle, nopnop25, zyx1004, slothhoney1004, TofuTurtleHime2468, dira226, Sebong45, chagunseunghyun, Fruiter, punkin07, KyungHae, Caratlovr, Paluina8991, Cerra101, abvictory, Parkdyobi, Llamaber_28, Yeahiknow9321, lovely_kamiki, yahmeh, bellamoon17, Levi1314, blueberrytrain, KiM_HaNnAa88, dkyume, KilaKila, Akiralemon, DBSJgenie17, shelikeithot, Dianis06, nevuru, Haengbok09, mille0402, Feli123, paulisinia, soexpensiv, inimeg19, naem906, Oh_Pauline, jinseventeen, EUNKYEBIN, Vantablack, hrdhny, Yoon_1004, IonaLenz, Jihan_Soongyutrash, Ushiarii, Exo_Hunhan_Fangirl, unjeonghan, nurhusnamustafa, XiaoYuNan, ShiningDiamond4ever, lolhaka, Chuyiem0904, prb815, randomperson9671, jeonghan1995, TheEvilBlob, MiyukiJung, blue_eyed_diamond, Rei0303, geekcentral4eva, ryosuke93, ichigotea, PP_Project, _InspiritDongwoo and Jane1710 for subscribing! Special love to Haengbok09, MiyukiJung and _InspiritDongwoo for upvoting!!

Sorry if I accidentally left your names or something-- please tell me if I did! Okay, here I am presenting a non-fluff story. 

Pairing: Jeongcheol
Rated: T
Warning: GS!Jeonghan, GS!Doyoon, GS!Seungkwan

They said, first love isn't always the first person you kiss or the first person you date. Your first love is the person you will always compare everyone to. He or she is the person that you will never get over, even when you have convinced yourself that you have moved on.

People always ask, “Do you still like him?” Or, “Do you still remember her?”

Honestly, the other will answer: I don't really know. But I do know there's something about that person that I cannot let go.

Sometimes, first love also bring the first heartbreak...which is meant to be unforgettable.

***

Year 2014, 16 years old

“Sometimes, it's impossible for a guy and girl to remain as best friend...”

“Morning, Do...” Yoon Jeonghan almost dropped her biscuit when she saw a bruise on Doyoon's cheek as the girl entered her class. “What happened to you?!”

“It hurts...” Doyoon winced as she felt for the sting on her face.

Jeonghan used her leg to pull a chair towards her table and inspected Doyoon's cheek. “What did you do?”

“A girl from next door...what's her name again-- Ching Chong? Ching Chung? Ahh...whatever. I got a kick from her suddenly.”

“...Kick?!” Jeonghan's eyes widened. “Is...Is this about the tennis club captain again?”

Doyoon shrugged.

“Aish...gotta look for some ice.” Jeonghan mumbled, her brown pony swerved as she stood but Doyoon stopped her.

“It's okay, Han-ah.” Doyoon fixed her bob hair and grinned evilly, “You do know how my attitude is right? I will make sure that pay twice the pain she inflicted on me. It will be a waste of time to deal with cheap species like her. I abused her verbally. She will be sure to be traumatized for years.”

Jeonghan only let out a resigned laugh when she saw the girl cracked her fists. “Okay, okay. You're the queen.”

“And I have already informed the teacher about it. She will get her share soon.”

The two only laughed with Doyoon still holding her bruised cheek until something cold pressed on other cheek.

“You're here already?”

Doyoon and Jeonghan looked up to see Seungcheol pressing a can of cold soda on Doyoon's cheek.

“Seungcheol...”

Seungcheol smiled, flashing a dazzling dimpled smile to the girls. “Morning.”

“Didn't you get this from your basketball fans?” Doyoon asked. She glanced at several girls who looked at their direction and they're whining something about buying the soda drink for the basketball member.

Jeonghan pulled another chair to let Seungcheol to sit as she teased the other boy, “Will it be alright, ace Seungcheol?”

“Doyoon's cheek looks more severe.”

“Ahhhh~ Seungcheol-oppa is really sweet...” A girl whined.

Jeonghan let out an amused smile as she watched Seungcheol pressing the can attentively on Doyoon's bruise.

Their parents knew each other and they're best friends since high school. So, Seungcheol, Doyoon and Jeonghan were already close for more than ten years.

“Awwww, Seungcheol-oppa is sooooooo sweeeeet~” Jeonghan teased.

Doyoon giggled, “They're still looking at you, Seungcheol-opppaaaaa~”

“...” Seungcheol rolled his eyes.

Frank, beautiful, brave and very popular among students especially boys in the school-- that's Doyoon. Seungcheol was the gentle but sometimes cold basketball ace of their academy while Jeonghan-- she could be said the girl who was fairly normal among their circle of friendship. The trio was a balance of nature where no one overlapped each other and thinking about it, sometimes Jeonghan was a little proud of their small family.

“Ah, Jeonghan, Doyoon-ah, my parents will be out today. You two can come over for dinner. Mom cooked curry.”

The girls looked up at Seungcheol for a moment and then at each other. “Really...?”

“...Yeah...”

A bright grin formed on Doyoon and Jeonghan's face. “COLA! WE NEED COLA!”

“Fried chicken!”

“PIZZA FOR SUPPER!”

“DVD!”

“...” Seungcheol cleared his throat when he saw the two girls already sweeping every snacks they could see on the rack into the basket. “Hey...you'll get really fat, do you know that?”

“NOW LET'S GO FOR THE DVD!” Doyoon cheered excitedly.

Jeonghan only laughed as she switched the heavy bags from her left arm to her right one. Ahhh...too heavy. That's what you get, Yoon Jeonghan-- you're just lying down on your bed 24/7 and now you can't even carry a-- eh?

She looked at Seungcheol who took the plastic bags from her hand, “It's enough. Let's go. I'm hungry already.”

He flashed another smile at Doyoon and Jeonghan as he lifted the bags easily and started walking.

“Tsk...showing off.” Doyoon mumbled but a shy smile formed on her lips.

Jeonghan pressed a hand on her own chest and then slowly, a small smile spread on her face.

***

DOYOONIE: What?! You're not going to school? Are you alright?

seen by Seungcheol, myself

Jeonghan took a deep breath and rubbed her reddened nose with a crumpled tissue. She moved her fingers to type a fast reply;

ME: Caught flu... now suffering from fever and cough...

seen by Seungcheol, Doyoonie

DOYOONIE: Told you not to play in the rain!

seen by myself

DOYOONIE: Aish, just take a good rest, okay? We can get the notes for you.

seen by myself

ME: Kay~ Thanks. Good night. ^^

seen by Seungcheol, Doyoonie

Jeonghan placed her phone on the night stand and blew her snot into a new tissue. “I hate getting flu.”

“Jeonghan-ah...”

“Neee?” She answered with her croaky voice and saw as her mother popped her head in.

“Sleep early, alright?”

“Hmm...”

.

.

.

Tok! Tok! Tok!

Jeonghan stirred from the disturbing noise that had been floating in her hearing since few moments ago.

Tok! Tok!

That must be just a dream...

Tok! Tok! Tok!

Jeonghan groaned. “Don't disturb me.”

Tok! Tok!

“AISH!” Jeonghan finally sat up. She's going to scream at whoever who was going to disturb her from her sleep but she then realized the noise wasn't from her door.

Tok! Tok!

She immediately turned to the direction of her balcony and--

“Seungcheol?!” Her eyes widened.

The boy who was crouching in front of her glass pane rolled his eyes boredly. There was a white plastic bag of stuffs next to him. He pointed at the glass that was sealed and demanded Jeonghan to open it.

Fumbling with her blanket, Jeonghan quickly got down from her bed and went to her balcony. All sleepiness that had been consuming her dissipated.

“Aish finally.” Seungcheol breathed when Jeonghan slid the glass open as he stood and lifted the plastic bag.

“Why...Why are you here?” Jeonghan asked with her nasal voice, still shocked from the appearance of her childhood friend at-- she glanced at the clock-- 12.30 in the midnight!

What's he doing here so late?!

“There are cough drops, fever pack and some flu pills. Go to the doctor if it still persist.” Seungcheol mumbled as he handed the plastic bag to Jeonghan.

“Huh...?” Jeonghan was still confused.

“Go back to sleep.” He said softly as he flicked Jeonghan's forehead. “You need good rest.”

“Se-Seungcheol...”

“Good night.” Seungcheol smiled at the girl before ruffling her long hair. He walked to the railing and leaped down out of a sudden, totally terrifying Jeonghan.

“Be careful!”

When she rushed to the railing, she saw Seungcheol was already landing safely on the ground and got on his bike.

“See you.” Seungcheol winked and cycled out of her house.

“Aish that guy...” She opened a cough drop and ate the lozenges quietly, smiled as she savored the sweet minty taste from the candy.

.

.

.

The next day, Seungcheol was punished for sleeping during lessons and Doyoon was so astonished to see a good student like Seungcheol would sleep through classes.

A guy and a girl can be just friends.

***

Year 2015, 17 years old

“Awww...” Doyoon sulked as she tried to make sure that her eyes weren't tricking her. She glared at the name list over and over until she finally gave up and let Jeonghan and Seungcheol to step forward to find their own name.

“Wow...we're in the same class, Jeonghan-ah.” Seungcheol exclaimed as he spotted the other girl's name at the end of the list.

“Andd...” Jeonghan trailed off. Her eyes searched for Doyoon's. “...you're amazing, Doyoon! You got into class for the advanced students! You did really well!” She cheered happily, grabbing Doyoon's hands. The boy smiled as Jeonghan's eyes brightened while Doyoon was still upset for whatever reason she had and he promptly placed his hands on Jeonghan and Doyoon's.

“We all did well.”

“I don't want to be separated from you guys...” Doyoon sighed, pushing a strand of, now long hair behind her ear.

“We're just a class apart.” Jeonghan smiled. “You can come over during breaks. We will be going for breaks together.”

“Ahhhhh...I'm jealous. You get to spend more time with each other...!”

Jeonghan was taken back by that mere statement and secretly, she glanced at Seungcheol who looked helpless at Doyoon's lament.

Her heart was beating so fast suddenly, she didn't know why that she had to press a hand on her heart to make sure it wouldn't jump out so suddenly.

Jeonghan felt her own cheeks heating up.

What's wrong, Jeonghan-ah?

You wouldn't have...

...towards Seungcheol...

...eh? No, no!

Shouldn't be!

Shouldn't!

...Right?

“Promise me, we will still be reeeeeealllllly close even if we're not in the same class anymore?” Doyoon held out her lithe hand.

“Of course.” Seungcheol placed his larger one on hers.

Jeonghan quickly followed and smiled.

Even if she had fallen for that person...

...she will keep it in her heart.

Because it's okay.

She appreciated the times all three of them spent together.

***

Jeonghan regretted that she slept late the night before.

She shouldn't have given in to the temptation of devils to finish a Korean drama in the entire night and now be drifting off in classes while the lessons were on.

She shouldn't have.

Now she's suffering in the fiercest teacher's lesson. It would be hell for her if she was caught dozing off...

Jeonghan let out a yawn and slumped onto her table. I want to sleep...

The time was going ever so slowly and it's still an hour before they could be released for break.

She glanced at Seungcheol who was sitting next to her, paying attention to the teacher in front and sighed.

If only they would let her sleep for a moment...

If only...

“Jeonghan-ssi?”

If only...

“Jeonghan-ssi?”

Aish she felt like giving a tight slap to that...

...wait.

Jeonghan quickly opened her eyes to see the lady teacher standing before her, looking down at her through her spectacles with her sharp eyes.

Did she just sleep through her class?!

“OUT!”

Oh !

Jeonghan wished she could find a time machine and rewind the time.

“But...But...”

“GET OUT!”

“...Yes...” With a heavy heart, she went to the washroom to fill a bucket of water. She didn't see Seungcheol's eyes on her back when she closed the door and made her way to the toilet alone.

“I shouldn't have slept...” Jeonghan wailed. “I shouldn't have slept...”

“You shouldn't have stayed up so late.” A voice added.

The girl almost spilled her pail when she heard a familiar voice behind her. “Seungcheol?!”

The guy yawned wearily and grabbed another bucket.

“You...You...are punished too?”

“She caught me zoning off. I couldn't answer her questions.”

Jeonghan looked at the boy with astonishment.

“Kajja. She will be expecting us to be there with the water.” Seungcheol said casually, carrying his pail with one hand. “Let's not get more punishment.”

“U-Uh...” Jeonghan nodded. She lifted the pail difficultly with both her hands and was about to walk when Seungcheol suddenly took the pail from her hand, carrying it with his other hand.

“Let's go.”

But at one point or another, they will fall for each other...

***

Jeonghan looked at her watch and screeched. “Ah! Doyoon and Seungcheol must be waiting for me!”

She was a little late after helping a teacher to his office and she had promise with her childhood friends to go to the book store together today.

Must hurry up!

She ran into the alley and was about to turn when she heard an angry voice.

“Ah! I hate her!”

“Who?”

“Jang! That Jang Doyoon!”

Jeonghan stopped. Doyoon?

“She didn't even respond when I kicked her! She even cursed at me! That !”

She peeped from the back of the wall and watched as the two girls stopped in front of a class.

Isn't that Ji Won? Jeonghan blinked. ...So she's the one who kicked Doyoon...

“That nerve of her-- she seduced my boyfriend first!”

Jeonghan gasped from behind the wall. Should she say something? Like... It's not Doyoon's fault but it's your boyfriend who wasn't loyal?

Ani, ani, that would just cause Jeonghan to die unnaturally.

Or should she say something like...

Doyoon is indeed beautiful. But you should believe in yourself. Be confident-- your boyfriend will only look at you--

Ani. Jeonghan would die even worse.

What about--

“Do you even know what she said?!”

Jeonghan snapped out of her nonsensical thought.

“What?”

“She said she has someone that she loves!”

Jeonghan felt her stomach dropped.

What?

Doyoon fell for someone?

That's...surprising.

Why...Why didn't she tell me?

Jeonghan grasped her own heart.

What if... What if...

She walked to her class slowly, with heavy heart and saw Seungcheol who was talking to Doyoon.

“There you are, Goddess Yoon! You took too long helping a mortal!”

Jeonghan let out a soft laugh at Doyoon's grunt. “Mian, mian.”

“You also took to long to be here, Doyoon-ah.”

“That's because the boys have been bothering me!”

“You should just tell them you're not interested or something...”

“They won't listen.”

What if...

Jeonghan chuckled at Doyoon's scowl.

“Let's go.” Seungcheol said finally as he took Jeonghan's bag from her chair and passed it to her.

...she fell for that person...?

.

.

.

“Ahhhhh-- they have got good books!”

“En.” Seungcheol nodded his head as he carried his and Doyoon's plastic bags full of books.

Jeonghan nibbled on her melon bun, watching the two conversed in front of her.

If Doyoon really fell for him...

“The smell of books is really divine. Especially fresh out of wrappers.”

Seungcheol laughed.

...they look perfect for each other.

Jeonghan unconsciously grasped the wrapper tighter.

.

.

.

“Seungcheol-ah, can you go home first? I have some girls' talk with Jeonghan~ I got some good gossips today!” Doyoon said suddenly as they reached the junction going to their house.

Seungcheol glanced at Jeonghan who looked equally puzzled before nodding and passed Doyoon's books to her. “See you tomorrow then.”

Doyoon has something to talk to me?

They continued walking after separating ways with Seungcheol. The atmosphere between was unknowingly tensed and chilly.

“Jeonghan-ah.”

Doyoon stopped.

“Eh?” Jeonghan looked away from her reverie. “Yeah?”

“I don't know how to say this but...I hope you are not hurt.”

Jeonghan's heart beat faster. “Ye-Yeah?”

She looked at Doyoon's solemn expression on her beautiful face.

“I like Seungcheol.”

Sleek and simple.

“What about you?”

Jeonghan felt herself almost falling from her consciousness. What's going on? Why did Doyoon suddenly say something like this?

“What...about me?”

“Yeah.” Doyoon was still maintaining her calm face but Jeonghan could see there was a wave of nervousness in her eyes. “What about you? Do you like him?”

“I...I...” Jeonghan didn't know what she should respond to the other girl. “Seungcheol...”

What should she say?

“...I don't like Seungcheol...” That left faster than she should rationalize in her mind.

Suddenly, Doyoon's face melted into something more cheerful and she grasped Jeonghan's cold hands. “Ah! Is that so?! That's good--! I...I was so afraid!”

Jeonghan forced a laugh. “You're overthinking!”

“Ahhh...I want to tell him that I like him but...but I'm so shy!”

Jeonghan let out another louder forceful laugh. “Here I thought you're the brave Doyoon!”

“Heyyyy!”

The one that Doyoon likes...

...is really Seungcheol...

“But I'm not going to tell him that first. I hope it's the true feeling in my heart. Not just some admiration or whatsover... Jeonghan-ah, you will help me right?”

Who's Jeonghan to refuse when Doyoon was smiling at her so brightly like that?

Here she thought she's the one valuing their friendship and keeping her own feelings for Seungcheol. Doyoon had admitted hers.

What about Jeonghan?

“You should never keep secrets in your heart! You have to be confident!”

She remembered Doyoon once told them that.

...Jeonghan...she was just...

...was just...

I was just running away.

Maybe temporarily...

***

Year 2016, 18 years old

It's Valentine's Day.

There were a lot of them who were expecting chocolates from their most beautiful student council member, Jang Doyoon but sadly-- dreams were just dreams.

It was an expectation to be crushed by the said girl.

“Do...Doyoon-ssi...can...can I have your chocolate?”

“Doyoon-ssi...will you accept my chocolate?”

Jeonghan chuckled when the girl was immediately flocked by most of the male students in the school once they entered the school compound. She stepped aside as the boys crowded Doyoon like a cackle of hyenas.

“GO AWAY! ...ARGHHH-- JEONGHAN-AH! HELP ME!”

It's a sight to be seen at every Valentine's day in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter