The Rain (2)

The rain

Jungkook: "How many more streets before we get there? My legs are killing me. You said your house was near school, THIS ISN'T NEAR AT ALL. LET ME REST. My legs are killing me for real."

Me: "It is near! We've just walked 3 streets, 2 more to go! Come on, you'll get to rest too when we get there!"

I said patting his back softly.

Jungkook shook his head and chuckles.

We just continued walking until we've reached the second to the last street.

As we were on our way the last one, I noticed the sky is completely in clouds and tiny drops of water started falling.

Me: "I'm sorry. Jungkook, its drizzling. Lets hurry up."

I said pointing at the sky.

Jungkook looks up and nods. 

We walked as fast as we could, but suddenly the drizzle became stronger, luckily, we found a small shade.

Jungkook: "I didn't bring an umbrella. What's going to happen to us now? We might get sick. You might get sick."

He said scratching his head.

I can see my street from here. We should run. 

Me: "JUNGKOOK WE SHOULD RUN BEFORE IT POURS. COME ON." 

I said running first. I looked back, Jungkook was alittle far. I turned to where I was running and continued to run and run. I started to lose my breath. But it didn't matter I just continued running. I ran and ran. (DASHI RUN, RUN..)

And finally, we have arrived to our destination. I rushed to the door and opened it. As I opened it I threw my bag to the couch. Good thing I placed our project in my bag, it didn't get wet.

Me: "Jungkook, we're lucky, the proj—"

As I turned I was surprised to see no one behind. The door was still open and the rain started pouring.

Oh no, Jungkook, I should go after him. He might get lost in this rain. He must be so tired. I'm so insensitive! 

I sighed.

I quickly took an umbrella and ran outside looking for him. I ran to the last street we stayed at.

I went to the shade that we last stood by.

Jungkook was no where to be found.

"JUNGKOOK WHERE ARE YOU?" I shouted.

There was no reply.

"JUNGKOOK, I'M SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU. KOOKIE, I'M HERE."

I shouted again, and still there was no reply. I couldn't find him. I felt my heart weaken, I felt like crying in frustration. 

I called out his name twice. And for the last time. Then suddenly, someone pushes my umbrella from behind, making the rain pour over me.

"What the—"

I turned around and saw the missing boy in the rain.

Jungkook: "I'm here." 

Jungkook was smiling.

Me: "JUNGKOOK, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I WAS WORRIED, I THOUGHT YOU GOT LOST IN THE RAIN. WHEN I ARRIVED AT HOME I THOUGHT YOU WERE FOLLOWING ME, WHEN I TURNED AROUND YOU WEREN'T THERE."

He raised his head and spreads out his arms feeling the rain, laughing.

Jungkook: "Lets enjoy the rain, shall we?"

I stood there shocked by his reply. This kid. I took the umbrella and closed it as it shut, I held on to it tightly.

He turns to me.

Jungkook: "Let all your worries out. Its raining. Enjoy it. Come on. You don't need that."

He says pointing at the umbrella.

I looked at the umbrella and thought for a second "I'm already wet, why should I still carry this around?"

I placed the umbrella down and went to Jungkook.

We stayed under the rain for awhile. We enjoyed the rain as it poured. Just like the shallow little children that we used to be, we played under the rain and laughed. 

I wish everyone could experience this. 


Jungkook: "Lets play tag!"

Me: "But its just the two of us."

Jungkook: "Tag, you're it!"

He says poking my shoulder without even considering what I've said. I laughed at him and played along. This reminds me of those days when we were just playmates. He always suggested that we should play tag. The kids liked him alot, everyone would join in. Its his favorite game I guess.

Jungkook, I wonder, do you still remember those days? 
Those days when we were still small?
Those days...

I asked these questions to myself.

...