Episode 2

We Got Married (Special Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on We Got Married

While slowly approaching the Sakura tree, Kyulkyung seems to have a vague idea of who her wife would be already. Therefore, she sped up towards the enchanting young lady and asked her,
"A-Are you my wife?"

Surprised to hear her girl crush's voice, Chaeyeon quickly turned around and saw a beautiful young girl walking towards her. Chaeyeon was checking her out from head to toe, adoring her attractive face and casual style. She took a closer look at her dressing as she seems to have arrived in a rush.

- Long loose wavy hair.

-A tiny gold star under her left eye.

-A somewhat crumpled military cargo jacket over a white tee and black shorts.

-A pair of white adidas sneakers.

She hugged Kyulkyung immediately and whispered, "Kyulkyung, I'm so happy its really you."

This was the moment when Joo Kyulkyung lost all of her cool.

 

-

 

-Backroom Interview-

Staff: "So what's your first impression of your wife?"

Kyulkyung: "I was like…Wow. Beautiful." *grins*

"She's so much more stunning in person, I couldn't believe it."

"I think my cheeks were hurting from smiling too much."

Staff: "You must've been surprised!"

Kyulkyung: "Yes I definitely was!"

"At the MBC building when I first tried to look for my wife, I thought it might be Chaeyeon at first..."

"But then sadly, I remembered she had a press conference for her drama and I couldn't find her anywhere so I lost hope."

"Thank you PD-nim and writers, I'll take you guys out to dinner my treat!"

The staff in the room burst into laughter.

Staff: "Deal!"

"You really like her that much?"

Kyulkyung: "Well duh... I only wrote down her name as for who I wanted as my wife."

"Seriously, that moment when she turned around and immediately hugged me I was going crazy..."

"D-Did you see my face turning red as cherry tomatoes?" *laughs*

"I was tensing up so much, my heart felt like it was about to leap out of my chest."

"I felt like I needed to too."

 

-

 

Location: Han River

 

Kyulkyung really felt like it was a dream as well when it turned out Chaeyeon was her wife, and was delighted that Chaeyeon felt just as happy as she was to be hers.

Kyulkyung pulled away from the loving hug that Chaeyeon provided and bowed.

"M-My apologies, I'm very thrilled you thought it was me but..."

"The truth is..."

"I'm not your wife." Kyulkyung said bluntly as she lied, beginning her prank.

 

"What?" Chaeyeon was appalled and really confused as she heard those words coming from the latter. It felt like her world was turned completely upside down.

"B-But you just asked me earlier... 'Are you my wife!?" Chaeyeon recalled, as her face became more displeased upon hearing the news.

 

Kyulkyung was overjoyed that Chaeyeon's reaction was what she expected when she told her she wasn't her "wife." She began to smile a bit but hid it well.

"Yeah I know...your real wife was the one who told me to say that."

"And your wife is really awesome too by the way!" Kyulkyung explained happily, but Chaeyeon didn't seem to care who her wife was anymore since she just had her heart broken.

Kyulkyung pointed back to Nayoung who was standing at the van with Eunwoo watching them from afar.

The two members of her group waved at Chaeyeon.

 

"Hey, it looks like it's going really well for them!" Nayoung said, tapping on her dongseng's shoulder cheerfully.

"Unnie, I'm not so sure about that.. look at Chaeyeon." Eunwoo replied.

"S-She looks sad, doesn't she...?" Eunwoo claimed as she observed the situation, knowing what Kyulkyung was up to.

"Weird."

"Why does Kyulkyung keep pointing at us anyways?" Nayoung wondered.

"I think she wants us to come over." Eunwoo said.

Kyulkyung was gesturing for them to meet her wife so they could play along with her prank and coughed.

"Ahem..."

"So yeah, this is actually your wife." Kyulkyung stated, as her unnie and chingu walked towards the two.

 

"H-Hi there.. I'm Nayoung, nice to meet you!" Nayoung greeted as she spoke in a monotone voice.

"Hello Chaeyeon, I'm Eunwoo!"

"It's so awesome to have you as my my Sister-In Law!" Eunwoo greeted excitedly as she was about to dive in for a hug, but then Kyulkyung stopped her by smacking her hand onto her forhead.

"Oww!!!"

"What the fuhh..? I mean heck!?" Eunwoo yelled in pain, giving Kyulkyung the death stare and Kyulkyung was just smirking.

 

"Y-Yes... It's nice to meet you too."

"I'm a huge fan of your group by the way!" Chaeyeon replied with a light smile.

 

"Likewise." Nayoung and Eunwoo said in unison.

 

"Are you really... really... my true wife?" Chaeyeon asked Nayoung with a soft voice and raised eyebrow. 

She was still in disbelief.

 

Kyulkyung was on the side, trying to keep in her laughter as she watched the two engage in conversation.

 

Nayoung's eyes slowly widened as she realized Chaeyeon was actually asking HER that.

"Huh."

"What."

"M-Me.. your wife?"

"Uhhhh.... I don't know, am I?"

Nayoung sighed as she glanced quickly over to Kyulkyung who was obviously the jokester of the Pledis Girlz and realized what was going on.

She clenched her fists and thought about how she was going to torture Kyulkyung later on when they all got back to the dorm.

But then she forgot there were cameras around, and played along for the show.

"Yes that's right, I am indeed your wife." Nayoung stated confidently.

 

Chaeyeon looked even more upset when she heard the confirmation from Nayoung.

"O-Oh.. I see..." Chaeyeon quietly whispered, she could only gaze to the side where Kyulkyung's beautiful face was, who was staring at her and Nayoung with her dorky smile.

 

"You don't seem pleased that I-I'm your wife?" Nayoung asked, even though it secretly hurt her pride. Eunwoo was also trying to hold in her laughter.

 

"R-Really? I guess you can read me easily.." Chaeyeon chuckled nervously, she was being way too obvious and Kyulkyung was just loving every bit of it.

"I'm sorry, the truth is, I actually wanted my wife to be Joo Kyulkyung." Chaeyeon bravely said as she pouted and stared down at the ground.

 

Kyulkyung's smile reached her eyes, lighting them, causing them to crinkle at the the corners. In that moment, Chaeyeon was everything she had ever hoped for and needed when she saw how sincere Chaeyeon was.

 

The other two girls gasped again at how honest and upfront Chaeyeon was being. They were very proud of their Sister-In-Law for staying loyal to their friend and her real wife Kyulkyung, even though they misinformed her that it was Nayoung who was pretending of course.

 

Chaeyeon looked up and stared at the PD, writers and rest of the staff. "C-Can't we just change my partner..?" She asked with a cringey-cute voice.

The staff laughed and eye-balled Kyulkyung to let her know that the pranking has made Chaeyeon suffer enough.

Kyulkyung agreed and immediately leaped in-front of her cute and gullible wife, who had kept her head down.

"Cheer-up Chaeyeon-ah!!" Kyulkyung said with a huge grin, tilting her wife's chin up with her fingers so they were face to face. Staring into each other's eyes.

"It's me, I'm your wife." Kyulkyung said with laughter as she opened her arms wide. "Ta-dah!"

 

Chaeyeon's face lit up but received another culture shock.

"W-What!?"

"But you just said that Nayou-"

Kyulkyung interrupted her wife to explain.

"I'm sorry, we were joking..."

"When I first found out it was you, I needed a couple of more minutes to breathe and sync in with reality."

"I thought maybe pranking would help ease my nerves."

"I also wanted to see what your cute reaction would be like if it wasn't me..."

"I was completely satisfied by the way." She smirked.

"Do you hate me now?" Kyulkyung asked with puppy-dog eyes.

 

"No way!" Chaeyeon said as she felt completely relieved, her heart was stitched back together quickly.

"I could never hate you..." Chaeyeon replied innocently.

"I'm sorry as well for being dramatic."

A rose color slowly crept up Chaeyeon's pale face as she blushed ever so slightly, but beauty and happiness radiated from her smile.

 

Nayoung and Eunwoo looked at each other as a signal to leave them alone.

"I'm deeply sorry Sister-In Law for going along with this stupid prank!"

"Now I know you're not attracted to me haha." Nayoung chuckled.

 

Kyulkyung gave her a what-the-hell look.

 

"Yeah and by the way... you're soooo pretty Chaeyeon!"

"I'm one of your fans!"
"Kyulkyung is seriously the luckiest to have you as her partner!" Eunwoo shouted in jealousy, trying to make her friend look bad.

 

"Hey!!! I'm a great catch too okay?" Kyulkyung shouted back.

 

"Thank you Eunwoo.."

"But trust me, I'm the lucky one!" Chaeyeon giggled which made Kyulkyung blush.

 

"Nah you seriously hit the jackpot Kyulkyung-ah!" Eunwoo replied.

The girls gave Kyulkyung a hug as congratulations.

"Whatever, now shoo!" Kyulkyung yelled as she waved at them, when they were already walking back to the van.

 

"Bye girls, enjoy your first date as newlyweds!" Nayoung said, as she walked off.

 

"Goodbye!" Kyulkyung shouted while Chaeyeon waved to them as well.

Kyulkyung turned back to face Chaeyeon and noticed her wife was giving her the most serious face, trying to get straight to the point.

 

"Alright, Joo Kyulkyung." She said as she crossed her arms.

"You are 100% my wife correct?" Asked Chaeyeon.

 

Kyulkyung thought it was adorable how she still thought that the prank is on-going.

"Yes, I swear on my life... you are mine and I am yours!" Kyulkyung winked playfully with a smile.

This warmed Chaeyeon's uneasy heart.

"T-There really isn't another prank right?" Chaeyeon hesitantly asked once more, just to make sure.

 

"Why do you keep asking?" Kyulkyung pouted.

"Do you not want me as your partner anymore...?" Kyulkyung replied, suddenly there was an aura of grey around her.

 

Chaeyeon became aware of Kyulkyung's sad face and didn't want to ever hurt her, even though it would be a perfect opportunity to get back at her.

"N-No that's not it!" Chaeyeon said in a loud voice that could be heard from far away.

"The reason I asked that is because I just can't believe it."

"I'm lost for words..."

"S-So... just one more time, it's really you right?" Chaeyeon questioned, while being very happy.

 

Kyulkyung shyly nodded her head as she was satisfied with her wife's answer and Chaeyeon sighed.

"You're really cruel you know that?"

"But I'm glad it's still you." Chaeyeon admitted with a bright smile.

 

"I'm glad too, wifey." Kyulkyung responded with a similar action.

 

"No more teasing okay?" Chaeyeon instructed with an aegyo voice, pointing her finger at her wife sternly.

 

"Hmmm... I can't promise that!" Kyulkyung said, sticking her tongue out slightly and giggled.

 

Chaeyeon thought to herself, "Phew, she shouldn't be a bad wife I guess."

"Hopefully."

 

 

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter