Episode 5

We Got Married (Special Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on WGM: (w­hile they are in the car)

Kyulkyung: "Chaeyeon, how did you feel when you were first casted on this program?"

Chaeyeon: "Well, I was very surprised as to why I'm chosen. Most importantly, I have no clue of who my wife would be, therefore very nervous."

Kyulkyung: "So when you discovered that I'm your wife, what are your thoughts and feelings?"

Chaeyeon: *playfully scratching her head before saying jokingly* "Sadly, I'm quite disappointed~"

Kyulkyung: "Are you serious?"

Chaeyeon: "HAHA of course not!”

“I was over the moon… you’ll see on the broadcast later."

 

-Studio surprise-

 

Bomi: "Oh… what is Kyulkyung doing in MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Centre)?"

Heechul: "Not to mention her being stealthy as well."

The scene starts off with Kyulkyung whispering to the camera of her being here to pay Chaeyeon a visit. The reason is very simple; it is because today Chaeyeon has been invited to take part in a filming of a special variety show called 'Celebrity Talk'. This is a variety show where celebrities are interviewed by two prestigious emcees on their career and social lives etc.

"I'm now going to decorate her waiting room beautifully. Hopefully I can succeed in giving her a great surprise when she is back. So… for now, shhh…" *winks at camera*

Today, Kyulkyung is going for the casual look by wearing a navy-blue top with a pair of denim jeans. It complements her natural dark hair, which makes her even more outstanding than usual. To complete the look, she wore a pair of black geek specs on her face. Talk about being a cutie. Finally, she is dragging with her a Louis Vuitton medium sized suitcase with who knows what she brought with her inside.

And so, she took the elevator to the fourth floor and walked along the narrow corridor and made a few turns here and there before finally reaching Chaeyeon's room. On the way there, she met a few other celebrity friends that are in the Korean pop group 'Seventeen.'  They are one of the biggest boy groups along side EXO and BTS. Kim Mingyu, who is the main visual was on the news in the past for supposedly dating Kyulkyung.  It caused a huge up-roar amongst the fandom, but thankfully Pledis did their jobs right and denied everything immediately because they found out the rumor was started by an anti-fan. It was not surprising for her to run into him at the broadcasting centre since he was an emcee for another music show.

“Oh, hi there Kyulkyung! What brings you here?” Jeonghan greeted positively.

Kyulkyung bowed to her company sunbaes, “Hello Jeonghan oppa and Mingyu oppa, I’m just here surprising my wife.”

Mingyu raised his eye brow, then remembered reading somewhere a few weeks ago, that she’s filming We Got Married and his face suddenly turned grey, “Ah right, your wife… How’s married life to uh what’s her face!  Is it Chaeyeon or whatever?”

Kyulkyung decided to avoid eye-contact with Mingyu because she sensed he was being rude. But she continued to smile radiantly upon hearing her wife’s name, “Yes that’s right, Jung Chaeyeon!” She repeated lovingly.

“Well congratulations, and we hope you have a happy marriage!” Jeonghan shouted and waved good bye to his hoobae.

“Thank you, see you later!” Kyulkyung replied, continuing to run towards Chaeyeon’s waiting room.

‘Phew, that was a little awkward.’ She thought to herself.

 

-Backroom interview-

Staff: "Why the sudden visit to MBC?"

Kyulkyung: "Of course to repay Chaeyeon for her spontaneous visit to my dorm the previous time? Haha! Also, I want her to see me as someone who can come up with surprises from time to time, not just a dorky girl group member." *Smiles*

Staff: “You had false dating rumors with Mingyu from Seventeen not too long ago, what was that like for you?”

Kyulkyung: “Difficult since he is like an older brother to me. We trained together for several years and it really shocked us all when we saw the news all over the internet.” *awkward look*

“I also thought my group might get a bunch of hate for it, but the public has done nothing but be on my side. Hopefully Chaeyeon knows it’s all fake too and that I’m only here for her.”

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyeon is seen backstage, preparing herself for the recording in studio 4 that starts in approximately 5 minutes’ time. She is wearing a lace baby pink long-sleeved dress with white stockings and heels. A complementary buckle belt is used as well.

The director then shouted, "In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 action!"

And so, while Kyulkyung is sneaking into the waiting room, her dearly wife is in the middle of a busy recording. She then arranged with Chaeyeon's personal assistant to try and stall for her, should her recording end earlier than expected. Hence, she started to make her preparations.

 

-Backroom interview-

Staff: "So how did your recording go?"

Chaeyeon: "Quite fine thank you! I got to meet some amazing seniors in the acting industry who were also invited to the recording, so it is quite an experience for me as well."

Staff: "Nice to hear then, any spoilers for the viewers?"

Chaeyeon: "Haha sorry I can't give out much information, but I can only tell you that a veteran actor, Song Joongki sunbae will be on the same broadcast episode as me."

Heechul: "Oh my god! Song Joongki! I'm so going to watch that episode!"

Jungah: “Sometimes I think of my husband as that man.”

The rest: "…"

The waiting room of Chaeyeon is quite big for a single person, roughly the size of a typical deluxe living room. It is furnished with a cream white L shaped sofa, white ceramic tiles and a pastel pink wallpaper. The room is quite empty though, only with that sofa with a water cooler at the side of it and a glass coffee table in front of the sofa.

To begin with, Kyulkyung ped her suitcase and stared at it for a moment before deciding what would be her next step. She first took out a white teddy bear that said ‘I love you’ on the stomach and placed it in the middle of the sofa. Next, she took out a packet of pink and white balloons and started to inflate them with a helium pump. When done, she attached silver strings with weight to the balloons to prevent them from flying about.

Afterwards, Kyulkyung begin to decorate the room with the balloons that she had just inflated, making the previously plain room into a brighter one. Just then, she received a call on her cell phone and dashed to the elevator.

 

Bomi: "Is Chaeyeon coming already?"

Sook: *bewildered look* "But why would Kyulkyung le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter