Episode 1

We Got Married (Special Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A time and place when Produce 101 never occurred.

 

Location:  MBC Meeting room.

 

Producers and writers of the popular virtual reality show "We Got Married," have been talking for several hours to diverse candidates that may be eligible to be cast as part of the next couples that will appear on the newest season.

Famous actors, actresses, comedians and of course idols are being informed of the new format.  Instead of the typical and traditional partners where it is male being the husband and female being the wife, what they would like to do is a special edition this time that will break the barriers of K-pop and Korean television. The bright idea is to basically pair up females with other females and males with other males to teach the general public that love is love, no matter what the gender!

Ever since it was announced, every single female and male working in the entertainment business were dying to be on this show because it could make or break their careers. They knew clearly that the ratings for this season were going to soar insanely high.

All the big companies such as JYP, SM, and YG etc. were doing all they could to bribe the staff. But that didn't faze the producers because what they were looking for was real genuine people that would fit and match together well.

 

Interview room

One of the top rising stars is presently sitting down and having a discussion with some of the MBC producers of We Got Married.

She's constantly getting praised for her lovely looks and has sung for OSTs and had several roles in many dramas. She also does various CFs which helped make a lot of profit for her terrible company MBK who's been working her non-stop.

This beautiful idol is none other than Jung Chaeyeon.

Usually when K-pop celebrities are about to hit big, the next obvious routine is to get on We Got Married to boost their high profile.

But the main reason she wanted to appear on this show was to relax and have fun for once.

 

The producers and writers in the room greeted and thanked Chaeyeon for showing up.

She replied with a pretty smile that shined like pearls, "No worries at all!"

"It's a pleasure to be here."

 

A Female Producer in her late 20s starts off by asking her simple questions.

Q: What is your favorite food?

"Strawberries. I'm literally obsessed!"

"Sometimes I really can't go a day without having them." Chaeyeon giggled while wearing a childish grin.

Chaeyeon grabbed a large box from the side, which came from I.O.I Cafe and took out 2 strawberry lattes, handing one of them to the PD.

"Here you go." Chaeyeon delivered across the table politely.

 

"I don't really like sweet stuff." The PD responded.

"But... I'll drink it since it's a gift coming from you!" 

"Thank you hun."

 

"Trust me PD-nim, I think you'll love it!!" Chaeyeon exclaimed.

 

The PD took a sip and smiled.

"MmMmm.. It's actually very delicious."

 

Chaeyeon was definitely earning some brownie points.

The PD continued to ask questions.

 

Q: What is your ideal type?

"Hmmm.."

Chaeyeon thought to herself for a bit before answering this one.

"Um."

"S-Someone that I can lean on most of the time since I'm the type that is usually clingy."

"That person hopefully can make me laugh or smile easily and just make my day much better." Chaeyeon explained shyly.

 

Q: Do you still want to be on the show even though you won't be getting a husband?

"Yes, very much!!" Chaeyeon yelled, then suddenly covered with both of her hands in embarrassment.

The PD was shocked by her excitement.

Chaeyeon coughed.

"I-I'm sure my fans would prefer me dating a woman instead of a man."

"Oh sorry, I meant marrying..obviously." Chaeyeon explained, saving herself from looking way too eager to get casted.

 

Q: Are you attracted to women in general?

"D-Do I have to answer that..?" Chaeyeon's cheeks flushed to the color of scarlet and squeezed her legs closer together.

"No you don't have to if you don't want to." The PD giggled.

"My apologies, if this question was too persona-."

Chaeyeon unexpectedly interrupted the PD.

"No that's okay, uhm actually I think all women are goddesses, they're so pretty.. I like that they're much softer, and smell way nicer than men."

 

Q: So.. what do you actually think about our new changes?

"I think it's very interesting and refreshing!"

"Because... It hasn't really been done before right?"

"So I'm glad to be on this positive journey with everyone if I am chosen." Chaeyeon responded enthusiastically.

 

Q: I see, that's great to hear. Did you have anyone special in mind that you would like to share this possible journey with?

" Y-Yes..." Chaeyeon said nervously, biting her lip while staring down at her feet.

 

"That's fantastic!"

"Please write down a list of possible female names you would want as your partner and we might surprise you with one of them."

"But like you said earlier if you are 'chosen' to be on the show of course." The PD informed the eligible girl.

 

"R-Really..."

"I get to choose who I might be paired up with!?" Chaeyeon asked while shocked with a feeling of thrilling happiness tingling her heart.

 

She promptly wrote down only one name.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon bowed 90° angle and the female PD thought she was one of the sweetest kids in the business that she had come across so far.

 

"Thank you kindly for even considering me as an option to be on the show!"

"I really hope to hear from you guys soon."

"And even if I'm not chosen, I think what you guys are doing is very awesome." Chaeyeon smiled brightly and gave a thumbs up.

 

The producers and writers all waved goodbye and smiled back.

"Again, thanks for coming in Chaeyeon, we'll give you a call soon." The PD said with honesty.

 

After Chaeyeon left the meeting room, she ran quickly with her manager to the van so she could race to another schedule where she'll be filming a Burger King CF with her girl group DIA.

As she sat in the van and buckled her seatbelt, suddenly her jaw dropped as she noticed her gorgeous girl crush and also what journalists called her visual "rival" outside of the dark tinted van's window entering the MBC building.

"Oh my f-cking god!" Chaeyeon squealed as her eyes enlargened making her eyebrows raise in surprise.

"What on earth is she doing here!?!?!?"

"C-Could she possibly be here for the interview as well...?" She questioned to herself.

Her heart began to beat rapidly then suddenly it started to sink when she noticed there was 9 other girls following her as well.

"No way.. that can't be it, she's with her group members!" She sighed with depression.

"Ughh, they're probably here to film something else." Chaeyeon sulked as she did not want to get her hopes up even though she secretly wished it would be nice if the mysterious girl became her wife since she was in fact her ideal type all along.

 

The manager sat in-front of the driving seat and did a shoulder check, then noticed her staring out of the window pouting like a baby.

"Uhm.. Chaeyeon-shi."

"Your face looks really weird."

"Is there something the matter?"

"Who are you staring at?" He questioned while being concerned.

 

Chaeyeon came to realization that she was looking oddly and quickly changed her sad expression to a happier one easily thanks to her actress skills.

"Ah, it's nothing at all Oppa!"

"Haha..."

"Please just drive."

 

A couple of minutes later the other gorgeous young girl ran quickly into the meeting room.

She was the visual center of her girl group where she attracted many female fans which was incredibly rare for female idols to do.  She has booked many cfs and photoshoots as well like Chaeyeon and always made headlines for her sweet personality whenever she was on variety shows.

"Ahhh!!"

"My sincere apologies for being tardy PD-nim!" The girl cried looking terribly upset.

"I know it's still not an excuse, but we were filming Weekly Idol next door and the random dance play took us forever to finish since there's like 10 of us and we messed up mainly because of Eunwoo."

"I'm so ashamed and deeply sorry!!!"

The girl apologized once more.

The producers and writers in the room laughed as they thought it was very cute and innocent to see how sorry she felt even though the young girl wasn't even that late.

"Oh look who it is, PRISTIN's Joo Kyulkyung!"

The female PD took Kyulkyung's hand and shook it firmly, and the young girl shook back as a sign of respect.

"It's alright, calm down Kyulkyung-ah!"

"You were only 2 minutes behind you know." The PD said smiling at the pretty hectic girl.

 

"I still feel terrible though..." Kyulkyung pouted.

 

"Don't."

"We're very glad you could make it, I'm a huge fan of your group!"

"Now, please have a seat." The PD said pointing at the leather chair.

"And here have a strawberry latte." She suggested to try to make her feel better.

The PD pushed forward the drink in-front of Kyulkyung since Chaeyeon had bought about 50 of them for the staff and other interviewees beforehand.

 

"Oh, this is my absolute favorite drink!!"

Kyulkyung took a big sip and captured joy with her bubbly and beautiful smile.

"Thank you... how did you know?" Kyulkyung questioned as she tilted her head.

 

The PD suddenly had a bright idea to see who she could pair up and smirked pretending like she bought it personally.

"Hmm.. just a lucky guess."

"Let's get started shall we?"

 

"Yes!" Kyulkyung nodded delightedly.

 

-

 

-2 weeks later-

 

A camera man and a few other We Got Married staff entered a waiting room of MBC's Music Core.   The room where DIA members were waiting to be on standby.

"Hmm, what's this?" Cathy asked as the PD of WGM that passed her a red envelope.

 

To: Jung Chaeyeon

Congratulations! You have been selected as the one of the new couples of We Got Married! You will have to go and find your wife who is also a visual in her group at this building, MBC, she is also your hoobae from school who is resting at another waiting room for Music Core.

You have only one hour, good luck!

-PD of WGM

 

"What!?"

"I'm actually going to be part of We Got Married!?"

"YES!!!"

"Oh my god... Unnie!!"

"Ottoke!?" Chaeyeon asked frantically.

 

"Kenchana... Take a deep breath!" Cathy replied.

 

"Congratulations chingu, aren't you happy!?" Eunji shouted from the corner.

Chaeyeon was looking utterly delirious.

"Now, the clue said that your wife is also a visual and even your junior at SOPA!"

"Who could it be?" Baek Yebin asked curiously.

 

Suddenly, the noisy DIA member calmed down and wondered who is currently promoting that is also a visual and her junior at school.

All signs pointed towards her.

"Please, please, please let it be Joo Kyulkyung." Chaeyeon prayed.

 

Location: PRISTIN's Waiting Room.

"Kyulkyungie..?"

"Oh my god Pinky!"

"You are the one!!!" Nayoung shouted enviously after reading the letter handed from the PD.

 

"Ya are you serious!?" Eunwoo said as she jokingly kicked Kyulkyung in the leg.

"What the f-ck."
"You're like younger than me, and yet you are the first to get married!?!?"

 

"Hey, stop that, we're only a couple of months apart idiot!" Kyulkyung shouted as she beat Eunwoo back in the arm.

"Ya!!!" Then Eunwoo and Kyulkyung started fighting AGAIN...

 

"Tom and Jerry, can you girls please quiet down!"

"The priority is to find who is Kyulkyung's new wife and our new sister-in-law right now, isn't it!?" Nayoung reminded the girls the decent stuff...

 

"S-Sorry you're right.." Both of the girls apologized at the same time.

 

"Congrats babe!" Minkyung said with a bright smile as she hugged Kyulkyung from behind.

 

"T-Thank you unnie." Kyulkyung replied shyly.

 

"Look, It states that she's also a visual too!"

"You lucky son of a brat!" Eunwoo yelled out of jealousy.

 

"Why don't we ask go and ask Gugudan?"

"Since they are our best friends!" Kang Yebin suggested as she read the card from Nayoung's palm.

 

"Good idea!" The girls yelled in unison.

 

Location: Gugudan's Waiting Room

"Oppaaa~"

"Oops."

"I mean Unnieee~"

"I need your help!!!" Ky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter