two

The Blonde Llama Next Door

It has been a week since Amber transferred to the building and Krystal was still on her apartment, not being able to go out since everything that had happened was still fresh. She groaned out of boredom and opened her TV.

Actress, model and idol, Krystal Jung is still on fire after her dating scandal with BIGBANG’s G-Dragon. His fans were mad because of GD liking a photo of her and when they were caught eating together in a café.

Her agency said that those scandals were nothing but a scandal and none of it was true. The two were just meeting for a CF and it was taken before their managers came. Fans still didn’t believe it putting Krystal on hiatus after the groundless bullying given to both of the idols.

She turned her TV off and looked outside, it was raining and she decided to check on her plants. She wore her coat and went her way to the tenth floor where the greenhouse was located. The elevator dinged, signalling for it to open revealing the greenhouse that Krystal loved. All flowers were blooming and the sun was setting making it more beautiful, and in the middle of the place was a bench with coffee table and chairs on the side with a water fountain. She looked at her flower bed which was adjacent to the bench and watered them. She was busy humming that she didn’t notice a raven haired tomboy coming in with a smile on her face.

“Ah, hello there.” She greeted Krystal who smiled back, “Mrs. Park also gave you a place here?” she asked, Amber nodded and said, “Yeah, she said that it serves as a bonus since it’s just us that were able to rent the expensive floor.” She explained, Krystal nodded.

“You don’t have any work today?” Amber asked Krystal as she laid her plant on the side and watered it and the others while Krystal sat on the bench and noticed the guitar.

“I know that you know about me being on hiatus,” she glared at Amber who just smiled, “sorry, I just thought that pretending to not know would be better,”  she then continued to water the remaining plants.

 

Krystal noticed what Amber was wearing; it was a white button up with a black tie, along with it was a badge. “You’re a pilot?” she asked, Amber smiled and nodded, “Took you long enough to notice,” she chuckled as she stood up and puts the hose back to its place and sat next to Krystal, taking the guitar on her lap.

 

“I work as an airline pilot, I sometimes VIPs and other stuff.” She said, Krystal nodded, “Who are these VIPs that you were able to ?”

Amber blinked, “Well, SNSD, BIGBANG, EXO, RED VELVET, 2NE1, Miss A, SISTAR, 4Minute—I forgot oh, the cute girls, what was their band—“Amber sighed as she tried to remember, “Ah, TWICE, I think they were called TWICE.” She nodded and looks at Krystal who was staring at her, “You actually escorted them?”

Amber nodded, “that’s an extra job for me, plus it’s a win-win situation, I get to be with famous people in Korea and got paid, some of them even have the guts to give their number—“ she laughed and looked away feeling embarrassed, “it’s not like I’m bragging or anything but—“ she was cut off when Krystal asked her, “Who? Who gave their number to you?” she smirked; she just thought that it will be fun playing with her unnies and dongsaengs.

“Uhh, SNSD’s Seohyun and Tiffany, 2NE1’s CL, Bora of I think she was from SISTAR and Miss A’s Suzy,” she sighed, “don’t make fun of them.” She looked at Krystal who she was able to read the intentions from the very start, “not that you’ll be able to stop me.” She smirked, Amber groaned, “Nah, I don’t really care. I didn’t text one of them though,” she played an A and said, “How about you? Are the news about you true?” Amber asked, Krystal frowned as she looked at the sky, it was dark and the stars are already showing, “Nope, those are just rumours. None of it was true, being in the KPOP world is really hard, you need to be accepted and have to be perfect at everything that you do in order to survive.”

Amber nodded in understanding, “That just ,” Krystal glared at Amber for ruining the moment, “I know, no need to rub it.” The raven haired tomboy laughed, “it’s just that why do you have to keep up with people’s expectations to survive? If your dream’s to be an idol then you should be fine with whatever you are, right?” she paused to strum some A and C’s, “I don’t think that it’s really necessary for you to be perfect in their eyes because if you keep on doing that, you won’t be able to enjoy your dream.”

She said as she looked at Krystal whose gaze was still on the sky, “Say Krystal,” she called, Krystal then looks at Amber and then she asked, “Are you even happy with the thing that you’re doing right now?”

What Amber asked to Krystal never left her mind that night. It kept her awake and even though her schedules continued, what the tomboy said was still bothering her. Is she happy? Is this her dream? To continue pretending to be perfect is this she wants to live with for the rest of her life?

She sighed. And after all the exhausting days of thinking and pondering, there’s only thing that she was sure of. And that is Amber Liu is the person that she needs to keep her sanity.