four

The Blonde Llama Next Door

“Hey,” Amber greeted Krystal as she got out of her car while the Jung got out of her van along with her manager. Krystal first saw was the expensive car Amber came out with, it was a black matte Mustang GT.

“Hello—you have a nice car.” She said as they both were headed to the elevator as the manager drove off.

“it’s a gift from the company, I really can’t say no to them.” She smiled sheepishly, “Have you eaten?” Amber asked Krystal who shook her head, “Only had a light meal, you have something in mind?” she asked. She doesn’t know why she wants—secretly wants Amber to have something in mind for the both of them.

“I can cook for you if you want.”

With that Krystal smiled the brightest that day and it was the fastest response Amber got from certain someone as she smiled back.

=-

“It’s not that much but please do help yourself,” Amber said as she laid the plate with steak and corn and the other one was a Caesar salad with a bucket of champagne on the table and two wine glasses.

“This looks delicious,” she said as she ate a piece and ate another one, “It definitely is delicious,” she smiled as Amber poured her champagne and started eating. “How are you these days?” Amber asked Krystal who gulped her food and answered her meekly, “I’m fine, I’ve been busy with our group’s promotions but we got lucky since the company decided to give us a week’s break to relax before our concert.” At the mention of their concert, Krystal immediately fished out a VIP ticket from her bag and gave it to the blonde tomboy who smiled at her, “It’s for you, if you want to.”

Amber chuckled, “Of course, thank you.” She said as she received the ticket and they continued to eat in silence when Amber asked, “Krys, what are the pros and cons of dating an idol?

Krystal blinked as she almost chocked on her food, is she seriously planning to date an idol?!

“Why’d you ask? You finally texted someone?” she asked, but she doesn’t understand why it feels—odd. Odd for her to tease Amber about going out with someone when it feels fun compared to how she felt when she friends.

“Well,” Amber smiled nervously, “I have an eye for someone now and she asked me to watch a musical with her, I like her and I would like to try things with her but you know,” she then frowned, “you know how hard and how same- relationships are still not accepted here, I’m afraid to ruin her career especially when she’s a member of Korea’s Number 1 girl group.”

Krystal blinked and gasped, “Is it Tiffany or Seohyun-unnie?”

Amber laughed, “No, she doesn’t even sees me that way.” She sighed, “she only sees me as a friend and she keeps pushing me to ask Seohyun on a date.”

The younger Jung furrowed her brows, “who is it then?”

“Taeyeon.”

Krystal Jung nodded. She doesn’t understand why she’s feeling down all of the sudden; the taste of the delicious steak became bitter, became—unwanted. She doesn’t feel well all of the sudden but decided to continue so that Amber wouldn’t think that she’s weird or something---like being jealous.

“I understand why you like Taeyeon-unnie,” Krystal smiled as Amber looked at her with shining eyes, “but you should know that she’s seeing someone,” Amber frowned at what she had heard. “And about your questions—there are no pros in dating an idol, all of them are cons.”

Amber looked at her as she raised a brow, “Why?”

The raven haired Jung sighed, “You get criticised for everything that you do.” She paused to drink her champagne, “a lot of people, especially the fans will think that you betrayed them and will hate you for that,” she then sliced a bit of the steak and continued, “it’s really hard to date openly especially with an idol, your work will be cut off since some staff will be worried about your status because you’re dating so you can’t film a kiss scene or any romantic stuff anymore.”

The blonde tomboy nodded in understanding, “And it will be a lot more worse if the fans will find out that an idol is dating an ordinary person.” She then scoffed, “not just an ordinary person but is also a girl.” She then drank her share of champagne, “I’m sorry for asking you this question, Krys. It’s probably hard for you to cope up with things like that especially after your news came out.”

Krystal shrugged, “Not really, I got used to it anyways.” That was true, she got used to it and she didn’t feel anything at all. Because her mind was all about Amber’s questions that left her dumbfounded.

“And thank you for telling me that Taeyeon’s dating, you saved me from embarrassment.” She laughed; Krystal looked at Amber and asked, “Are you planning to ask her out?”

The blonde nodded, “Yup, but then I realized that she’ll gonna ditch me so that I’ll end up going alone and Seohyun will take the wrong idea and will end me up liking me more.” She sighed when Krystal laughed, “It definitely sounds like what unnie would do,” she continued laughing, “Yah, don’t make fun of me!” Amber whined.

==

It was after that event that Krystal knew about Amber more. She was 2 years older than her, she grew up in Los Angeles and it was just a few miles away from her hometown, San Francisco. Amber moved to South Korea to become a pilot since she was designated there or—here. Amber prefers hugs than kisses, she has an older sister who loves to travel. She used to be in a church band, she played the drums and guitar there. She also sings for fun and she promised Krystal one day that she’d sing for her. She actually went out on a date with Seohyun and even though Seohyun was Amber’s type, they just didn’t click…which made Krystal happy? She doesn’t even know why she feels that way. But seeing Amber on her concert made her realize things.

Amber Liu made her happy. Happy. Happy.

Finally, she has an answer to Amber’s first question.

---------------------------

A/N- THE PHOTO'S A SPOILER FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER