three

The Blonde Llama Next Door

It has been two months since Krystal last saw Amber. It’s not that she was searching for her, she wasn’t but what Amber had asked her never left her mind. She still doesn’t have an answer but she’s eager to search for it. In the two months that she didn’t saw Amber, a lot of things had happened. And one of them was her dating her label mate, Kai. It’s true. The two of them are dating and it has been months now but ever since their dating news came out, she became distant to him. She even wondered why but it seems that her mind is still occupied with Amber’s question. Are you even happy with the things that you’re doing right now?

Krystal sighed as her sister came out of the room who sat next to her. “Kai will pick us up, why are you still sad? You two haven’t seen each other for months!” she exclaimed as she patted the younger Jung’s back and she smiled at her older sister, “must be it, unnie, I haven’t seen him in months, I miss him.” She said and she wasn’t lying, she did miss her boyfriend—or that’s what she thought.

Someone knocked on the door and Jessica stood up as she opened it and hugged the man who smiled at her, “Noona,” he said, “Where is Soojung?” he asked, Jessica pointed to Krystal who was sitting on the couch, with a firm nod from the older sister, Kai went to Krystal and hugged her. Jessica smiled at the two and was about to close the door when the door across Krystal’s opened revealing a familiar face.

“Captain?” Jessica muttered, this caught the attention of the lovers and Krystal saw Amber got out from her room wearing a suit. Amber was wearing a brown floral button up (the floral design were roses) with matte red tie, navy blue blazer and slacks with a pair of brown Sperry Topsider loafers. Her hair was now blonde, and on her left lapel was a head of a white rose.

“Ah, Jessica,” Amber smiled, “Fancy seeing you here.” The older Jung nodded, “I didn’t notice that it was you, and you’re looking good.” She said as she looked at Amber from head to toe, “And the same goes to you,” Amber said as she locked her door and peeked in Krystal’s room, “seems that you guys are heading somewhere,” she smiled, “Is it to Suzy’s wedding?” she asked. Jessica’s eyes widened, “How did you know?”

Amber chuckled, “Because I’m going there too.”

=--

“Unnie, how do you know Amber?” she asked her Krystal, they were on their way to the area of the wedding. It was Suzy and Lee Min Ho’s wedding and it was a private one where close friends of the two were invited.

Krystal and Jessica sat next to each other while Kai was on the front seat with their driver.

“You should know that it was a first of me to see Seohyun fight one of her unnies because of Amber,” Jessica shook her head as she laughed at the memory. Krystal’s brows furrowed, Seohyun-unnie? But she respects the unnies!

“How’s that?” she asked but then she remembered the last conversation that she had with Amber. Oh wait, they did give their number to Amber.

“Seohyun really likes Amber,” Jessica started, “It was when she escorted us to Thailand for our Music Video shoot,  it all started when the pilots took their rest at one of the areas in the beach.. Amber was there standing as she was reading a book, it was Seohyun’s favourite and the two of them talked and I guess it was the reason why Seohyun likes her.” Jessica stated as Krystal listened, “Everyone in the group knows about Seohyun’s crush—but it’s not just Seohyun who has a crush on the captain, Tiffany also grew a crush on Amber.” She laughed, “so the two of them argued, because why would Tiff like Amber when she has a boyfriend, and Tiff argued back that it was just a crush—it was really, really complicated… so the two ended up giving their numbers to Amber and the first one who Amber texts will win—“Jessica was about to continue when Krystal stopped her, “But-- no one received a text from her.” She smiled knowingly as her older sister nodded, “Amber sure is savage.”

Krystal laughed, “Apparently, it’s not just SNSD that was caught by Amber’s charm, and there were also girl groups that gave their number to her.”

Jessica tilted her head, “How did you know?” Krystal opened her phone to view her SNS, “she told me, we talked about it one night when the two of us saw each other in the greenhouse.”

The older Jung nodded, “I see.”

=---

It was the reception night and Krystal was bored to death. Jessica was with her group, Kai was also with his and no one in her group made it because they were busy. Amber was also nowhere to be found and she sighed, “Now what do I do?” she asked to herself when someone sat next to her. She saw who it was and she smiled.

“Hey,” Amber smiled at her, “How is it so far?” she asked, Krystal looked back at the reception area and frowned, “not fun. I am definitely not having fun.”

They were now on the beach as they sat on the rocks facing the clear view of the stars and sea.

“How about you?” she asked the blonde tomboy who drank a canned beer and glanced at Krystal before fixating her gaze to the beautiful sea in front of them, “so far so good, I guess.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, Amber then sighed, “Nothing, parties aren’t my thing—I just came here because I just thought a new change of scenery would be nice.” She smiled as she played with the sand and drew circles. Krystal stared at Amber, she notice how well defined Amber’s jaw was, how her nose perfectly fits on her face and she saw how lonely Amber’s eyes were. It felt like Amber’s on a search for something unattainable, for something that she can’t comprehend but just felt like it.

“I know that I’m really good looking,” Amber then looked at Krystal who blushed. “But please, stop staring at me—I’m not good with gazes.” She winked at Krystal who looked away and laughed nervously, “I was just—I was just mesmerized, you know.” She started, she doesn’t know why but she feels comfortable around Amber. Even though that this was like—their third conversation, but those conversations were deep, it felt like talking to a shrink.

“I was just mesmerized how playful you were at first but then you’re this deep-“ she said as she tried to explain but the words came out as bull—well that’s what she thought when Amber smirked at her and it was a first for Krystal’s heart to skip a bit at the small action of Amber’s lips.

“Was that supposed to be a compliment?” she asked, Krystal doesn’t know why Amber’s voice became husky, why it became so—seductive.

“Yes, it was a compliment.” She said as she recovered herself from the intense gaze Amber was giving her, and still was.

“Thanks—“she smiled as she looks at the stars, her other hand was still playing with the sand while the other one was on her lap. “The reason that I’m like this was maybe because I read a lot of books.”

She smiled in understanding, “I know what you mean,”

“I know that you do.”

She doesn’t know what Amber meant by that and she got her confused once again. “What do you mean?” she furrowed her brows at Amber who chuckled, “You figure it out, it’s not that hard.” She removed her coat and puts it around Krystal’s bare shoulders, “You shouldn’t be here for too long, it’s getting cold—er.” She finished her sentence as she took her can and left Krystal again in her thoughts.

“Why does it feel that you got me hooked under those long and slender fingers of yours, Amber?”

==-

A/N- TOP FLY AMBER IS THE BEST VERSION OF AMBER. LIKE WHAT THE FUUU SHE WAS SO CLOSE TO HER DREAM (HER DREAM BY THE WAY IS TO BECOME A PILOT OR TO BE ABLE TO FLY A HELICOPTER OR ANY TYPES OF AIRCRAFT BUT DAAAAAMN, WHYD SHE STOP)