five

The Blonde Llama Next Door

She sighed as she thought about the weird feelings that she felt when she’s with the blondie. She doesn’t hate it, but it makes her confused. Does she like Amber? But what if she does? What difference would it make? Is she willing to make a gamble? She’s already at the peak of her career she can’t just--- she was cut off with her thoughts when her boyfriend called. She smiled at him. Ah finally, a distraction.

--==

It was 2 AM when Krystal decided to go out since she ran out of ramen and other food supplies to eat. She checked at her clock once again and thought that it was the perfect time to go to the nearest convenience store which was just next to her apartment building. She locked her room but was taken aback at what she saw inside the elevator.  There was Amber Liu. Lying flat on her stomach, she was wearing a white shirt with black coat that runs to her knees and faded jeans with black Nike Roshe shoes.

She puts the elevator on-hold and tapped Amber’s cheeks, the blonde tomboy slowly stirred. “What floor is this?” she asked, her vision was blurry and her world was spinning but she could make out the beautiful image of Krysal. Beautiful she thought.

“We’re in the ninth, come on,” She said as she took Amber by the arm making her stand up, she puts Amber’s right arm over hers and started walking towards the blonde tomboy’s room.

“I’m fine here, thanks.” Amber said as she smiled at Soojung who removed her arm and sighed, “Sorry for disturbing you, just had a rough night, take care.”

Krystal doesn’t want to force herself since the two of them are just mere acquaintances and she doesn’t want to be involved in Amber’s life so she nodded and went inside the elevator and left the blonde tomboy who was waving at her as she made her way to the elevator.

=-- But she couldn’t stop herself from worrying.

By the time she came back, bread and mangoes on the bag while the other one has hangover soup ingredients and meds but what caught her attention was Amber sitting up. Her body was leaning on her door as she dozed off to sleep. The younger girl sighed and approached Amber who smiled as she opened her eyes.

“Ah, hey,” she greeted her. She can see things clearly now but she can’t move her body, it felt like it was too heavy for her and she also couldn’t feel a thing. She feels so lightheaded.

“Hey there too, seems like you weren’t able to open your door.” Krystal said as she glanced at her door and back to Amber who smiled sheepishly at her, “turns out that I left my wallet and keys at the soju house that I went to, but I was lucky that the owner called and told me to just drive back tomorrow, to get them.” She explained as she closed her eyes.

“I just can’t let you sleep there.” Krystal said, she was considered as the Ice Princess in the KPOP world but that doesn’t mean that she has a heart that is cold as ice.

“Why thank you,” Amber bowed and chuckled, “I’m sorry for being a burden, Krys.” She said as she looks at Krystal in the eyes and didn’t notice that their faces were only a meter apart.

“Sure, come on.” She stood up and at the same time avoiding Amber’s gaze as she tried her best to hide the blush which was caused by Amber’s longing gaze, she offered her hand at Amber who took it; They walked towards Krystal’s apartment in silence. She slowly laid Amber on the couch and took some clothes for her; apparently Kai’s clothes were the only thing that she thought that would suit Amber.

“Here, you can change here, I’ll be in my room.. just call me if you’re done changing.” She said as she offered Amber the clothes but the tomboy shook her head, “Nah, I’m fine with these,” she removed her coat and smiled, “I just need some sleep, is all… I’ll be fine tomorrow.”

Krystal nodded, “Very well then,” she was about to walk away when Amber grabbed Krystal by the wrist and said, “Can you at least stay?”

The raven haired girl blinked, “Why?” she asked as she sat on the floor, Amber’s hand was still holding her wrist, “I don’t know why but I don’t want you to leave me, Krys. You’re like an enigma wrapped in a pretty ribbon of obfuscation leaving me as a mess.”

Krystal tilted her head, “there you go again with your poetry, why are you drunk, Amber?” she asked, she couldn’t just believe that Amber would get drunk for no apparent reason. For months that she’s known her, she’s someone who thinks things carefully and is sceptical. She doesn’t do things out of impulse and would always think first before deciding or doing something. That is probably the reason why Soshi-unnies decided to hook her up with Seohyun-unnie.

“I drank to feel things,” she said, “I drank to be able to feel, again. Because it felt like I’ve been numb for a long time that I haven’t been able to experience painful things.” She said, “but I don’t know why what’s with you that I feel something different.” She then tightened her hold on Krystal’s hand as she intertwined her fingers with hers, “I think I like you, Krystal Jung.”

Krystal blinked at the confession, “You—what?”

“I know that you’re straight and all since you’re dating Kai but, I know that I’m not the only one who feels something weird whenever we’re together.” She stared at Krystal’s eyes who were looking at the ceiling, “Why can’t you look me in the eyes and tell me no?”

Krystal doesn’t know how to response at Amber’s attacks. It is true. She does feel something whenever she and Amber are talking or even with just eating, or watering the plants. She doesn’t feel like this with Kai or any other people that she hangs out with, just with Amber.

She had accepted that she likes Amber but what she can’t do is date her. She’s not worried about her own future but what stopped her from telling Amber the truth was the future of the people around her. Her manager will probably be reprimanded by her company, her group, the shame that her family and sister will face and how it will affect her as a being, the harassment and thinking about all of it just because of a certain Amber Liu frustrates her.

“I’m not going to tell you no because it’s true,” she gathered the courage to look Amber in the eyes, “Yes, I like you. But I won’t let my feelings be a hinder to achieving my dreams. I won’t let my feelings control me, I’m sorry, Amber. But even though I like you, I just couldn’t let myself be with you because of the people around me.”

Amber nodded in understanding, “then—let it be like that. Don’t let them know, I’m not asking you to date me. What I’m asking you is to return my feelings,”

Krystal blinked, What’s that supposed to mean? There she goes again!

Still occupied with her thoughts, Amber’s cold hands took her back to reality when Amber cupped her cheeks and kissed .

What Krystal felt that time was full bliss. It was different when she was with Kai or with any other actors that she kissed. She felt like flying, she felt like she was high. Amber made her feel euphoria.