Chapter 3

Village Boy

 After Mark left Jackson did the same. He no longer saw the need to shower since he had already gotten a good wash when he fell into the river.

When he got back to the flat he changed into some sweatpants and a hoodie. He felt a little lightheaded and therefore went to take a little nap.

Jackson slowly opened his eyes. He had a major headache and his bones were aching. He made an attempt to sit up on his bed but failed to do so. It was then when he noticed a towel on his forehead.

-What the...

-Ka-Yee! You're up! Thank God you're better.- Mark said while entering the room with a tray in his hands.

-Mark? What are you doing here?- Jackson asked confused. How long had it been since he was knocked out?

-Well you see...I told grandpa about you being our new neighbor and he insisted that I invite you over for lunch. But when I knocked on the door no one answered. I then...kind of...well came in to make sure you were okay. You were coughing nonstop and I figured there was something off. When I walked in the room you were sweating bullets and saying incoherent things. And well I did what grandpa taught me in case he ever got a fever. By the way, I made some soup. Eat it while it’s still warm...it'll make the fever go down.

Jackson kept looking at the brunette while he was saying all this.

No one had ever cared so much about him--not even his parents.

-You need to sit up so you can eat Ka-Yee. Here, I'll help you- Mark said while helping the Hong Kong native up.

-Thanks...

Jackson grabbed the spoon and started eating. The soup was actually really good.

-So Ka-Yee...what made you move here? I mean out of all places?- Mark questioned while grabbing a chair and setting it next to Jackson's bed.

Jackson's eyes widened and he abruptly stopped eating. The question caught the Hong Kong native off guard. He hadn't really thought about what fake life he was going to invent for himself. It had to be something credible...something that wouldn't make Mark or his grandpa doubt him.

-I really don't have anywhere else to go Mark. My parents died when I was still a little boy leaving me alone with my grandmother. I lived with her until she became ill and passed away. I have no one...not even a home because the place where I lived was repositioned. I was thrown out into the street. It wasn't until I heard a woman talking about selling her old flat that I finally was able to find a place to live. My grandma had left behind a small amount of money and I used that to buy this place. I figured that I wouldn't have to pay for extra things like I would if I lived in the city. And here I am...trying to make it out alone- Jackson said while faking a small sigh.

-I am so sorry to hear that Ka-Yee. I totally understand you... Isn't it crazy how we have so many things in common? But don't feel sad. Now you are not alone, you have my grandpa and me now. We can become friends if you like - Mark said while smiling shyly.

Bingo! You have just fallen into my trap Mark. Who would have thought that I would come up with such a good sob story that hit the nail right in.

-Are you serious? Of course I would like to be your friend. In fact we can become the best of friends!- Jackson said excitedly- Oww-- he groaned once he realized that although he was faking his life story he was not faking his sickness. His body still ached and his head still throbbed.

-Well we can start by getting to know each other- suggested Mark.

Of course Mark...enlighten me. Make it easier for me to succeed.

-----------------------------------7-------------------------------------

That day Jackson learned many new things about the brunette. It had been about a month and Jackson was getting impatient. No matter how close he had become with Mark, he still hadn't been able to make any other move. Right now he was sitting by the river watching mark play around with his dog coco. Even if he didn't want to admit it, he was feeling fond of the brunette. However, he was afraid that growing so close to Mark would delay or even spoil his plans. So he decided to store his feelings deep inside where not even he could sense them...like they weren't there.

It was then that he remembered what his father told him. "If its necessary make that boy fall in love with you"

That's it Jackson--that's exactly what you are going to do.

The Hong Kong native smirked as he approached Mark who was still playing with the dog.

Just as he was about to approach Mark, the brunette playfully ran in an attempt to get away from coco. He hadn't seen that Jackson was close and therefore ran into him causing both boys to crash and fall.

*****Double Update Today!****

So I hadn't updated for a while due to lack of time but I decided that I had put this story off for so long. 

Updates will become more recent. I promise!