- Chapter 4 -

You are Me and I am You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Just this once,” Eunhyuk pleaded as his hands reached up to make Hyukjae’s bangs to stand up straight, a poor replica of Eunhyuk’s handsome hair style that he had worn just a few minutes ago… now Eunhyuk’s hairs were lying flat on his forehead.

 

“I told you I won’t do that anymore,” Hyukjae reminded his twin… again… before giving a deep pout and returning his hairs on their original place. “And I would appreciate it if you stop pestering me so much.”

 

“I am trying to help you,” Eunhyuk pointed out while planting his hands on his narrow waist and huffing in annoyance.

 

“By dragging me in this stinky smelly boy’s washroom, while we are supposed to be in our Physics class?” Hyukjae raised his brow at Eunhyuk’s goofy smile before scoffing loudly.

 

It was their third period going around, at school, but Eunhyuk had dragged his elder twin all the way to the boy’s toilet- at the end of the hallway- and asked him, or more like, told him to switch roles for their next class, which would be the ever dreaded Math’s class. But after what had happened just yesterday, Hyukjae was reluctant to play around with his twin sibling anymore.

 

“I am not failing another of my Math’s class… I don’t want Mr. Cho to think badly of me.” Hyukjae explained his dilemma to his evil twin, who being the jerk he was just rolled his eyes at other.

 

“Oh please… failing a couple of test won’t make Mr. Cho lust any less after your flat ,” Eunhyuk pointed out, quite shamelessly giving a generous pat to Hyukjae’s said flat to emphasize his words. “Just think about all those late night private tutoring sessions you can get… and think about all those sweet nights you can unleash all your iness to seduce our nerdy teacher…”

 

Hyukjae’s cheeks colored in scarlet red, leaving him biting his pink plush lips as he thought over his evil brother’s suggestive words… a small part in him- the demon and lustful part- couldn’t help but imagine the scenario Eunhyuk had just described while the more rational- and bigger- part reminded Hyukjae about all the moral values his parents had taught him and all those Sunday morning sermons he had attended.

 

“No, no, no…” Hyukjae shook his head harshly, trying get rid of the wicked images in his mind. “I won’t do it… I would find some other way to get closer with him. I won’t let you take my marks just like that.”

 

Hyukjae declared decidedly before he turned around to march out of the suffocating washroom but the grip on his wrist stopped him.

 

“Okay fine,” Eunhyuk growled impatiently. “I didn’t tell you before but two weeks ago I got a warning from Mr. Cho, he told me my overall result of Math was below 40%, meaning I was failing badly… he said if I didn’t stabilize my percentage in next two tests then he would kick me out of his class and I would have to repeat the senior year. But I really don’t want to do this, Hyukkie; I wanna graduate with you and go to college with you…” Eunhyuk’s eyes grew wider and sadder as he gazed at his slightly elder twin. “Please, Hyukkie, you are my only hope…”

 

“You wanna go to college?” Hyukjae asked incredulously. He didn’t know what shocked him more… Eunhyuk saying he wanted to go to freaking college- when Hyukjae very well knew Eunhyuk has no such plans- or Eunhyuk going to such a length to lie about going to college. He must really want to pass his Math’s, Hyukjae established, but too bad Hyukjae was not feeling generous today. “Well… I don’t know…”

 

“I would give you a special powder that would help you get those red-fake-blood strains out of our hot neighbor’s front porch in just few minutes rather than hours,” Eunhyuk tried the last straw, that is, trying to bribe his elder twin. “Your punishment is due today, right?”

 

Hyukjae stilled for a moment, his small eyes blinking blankly before he pulled out his hand, palm raised, silently asking to be given the said powder because Hyukjae knew, Eunhyuk being a Chemistry genius had created such a portion that it was next to impossible to get rid of the strains permanently, so if he could get an aid then who was he to turn down the good offer.

 

A gleeful smile spread across Eunhyuk’s face as he fished out a small red bottle from his backpack and move to put it in Hyukjae’s stretched palm but Eunhyuk kept a firm grip on the bottle as he muttered, “I have a physics test on next Monday, Mr. Kim said he would take test in two groups and your group would be giving the test in the morning while I am in the group that would give test in the evening… you would give my test as well, right?”

 

Hyukjae dangerously narrowed his eyes at his evil twin, but otherwise kept his lips pursed, making Eunhyuk’s smile to widen as he finally let go of the bottle in his hand before pouncing on Hyukjae.

 

“I swear, you are my most favorite brother, Hyukkie!”

 

“I am your ONLY brother, Hyuk,” Hyukjae pointed out, sighing in dejection.

 

“Yeah, whatever, but I still love you,” Eunhyuk exclaimed cheekily, making Hyukjae’s pursed lips to be tilted upward ever so slightly.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

Donghae’s eyes were fixed on the back of the boy that was bend down, scrubbing vigorously at the blood red strains, and even after much trying… nothing… absolutely nothing was happening… Donghae didn’t felt even an ounce of attraction toward the young boy… all he was feeling was pity for him. Donghae had already figured out that Hyukjae might be paying for the deeds he had indeed not committed… but by the time Donghae had realized that, the damage was done and twin’s father was asking him what punishment he wanted to bestow Hyukjae with.

 

“You know,” Donghae started, jolting the young boy up, making him to turn and gaze at Donghae with curiosity. “I already realize you were telling the truth and you were not the one playing pranks on me… and I gathered, you tripping some student in your school was also something you were not responsible for… Eunhyuk pretended to be you to do that, right?”

 

Hyukjae’s eyes widen comically, as he took in Donghae’s words… not uttering a single word himself… he was too shocked to say much.

 

“Now, I feel sorry for landing you in this punishment,” Donghae muttered, his face sheening with a hint of guilt.

 

Suddenly, Hyukjae snorted indignantly, “Don’t feel sorry… knowing Eunhyuk, even if he was caught and given the punishment he somehow would have emotionally blackmail me to do it instead of him.”

 

“And you would have… because you love him, huh?” Donghae tried testing, hoping some light to be shed on what he had seen yesterday… he possibly can’t come out and flat out address that topic thus opted for subtle hints.

 

“Of course, I love him,” Hyukjae said rolling his eyes but his voice held a tint of affection in it. “We are two beings produced from a single zygote… we are practically the same person… it’s impossible to not love him, unconditionally.”

 

Yeah, but being born from single zygote mean being same flesh and blood… you should love each other but not in way, Donghae mentally scoffed. But before he could say anything further another voice, amusement filled voice, join their conversation.

 

“Hello people, what’cha doing?” Eunhyuk asked, in a cute voice, with his head perched on his folded arms that where placed on the small wall separating Donghae’s house with his neighbor’s. Turning his head toward the voice, something twisted in his guts when Eunhyuk’s mirth filled eyes moved from his twin brother to Donghae, clashing with his gaze dead on.

 

“What do you think I am doing… cleaning the mess I created,” Hyukjae spat back and his words made Donghae to break his eye contact with Eunhyuk… thankfully… and fixing it on an imaginary spot on his jeans. Even if from outside Donghae looked calm and collective but internally he was a screaming mess… because same thing that happened yesterday was happening again… Donghae felt an indescribable feeling toward the second twin, which- quite surprisingly- was not resentment, something Donghae believe he should be feeling, but it was more like a pleasant twist and turn in his stomach, especially knowing Eunhyuk’s eyes were on him made this feeling intensified.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter