- Chapter 2 -

You are Me and I am You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae fell down on his fluffy mattress with a loud groan, his sore muscles cracking loudly. He had been out all day long… with what happened earlier in the day- the incident with his new car- Donghae had spent the good part of his day, first dwelling and over his ruin car and cursing that kid who had destroyed his car without having any sort of grudge against him… heck!! Donghae didn’t even knew who that kid was… as far as he could guess, that kid must live in the same neighborhood as Donghae’s but since he hadn’t had the chance to get out and get to know many people around him- just yet- thus Donghae couldn’t be sure where that brat lived.

 

But rather than ringing bells from door to door, he thought to take his car for a quick trip to workshop first, which played well in his favor because it turned out to be water removable spray, that had been used on his precious Maserati… much to Donghae’s surprise and happiness. He would admit that his anger had considerably tone down after learning that small piece of information… even if that thin face had kept popping in his mind; Donghae would say he didn’t felt as fumed as he had the first time he had seen the state his car had been in.

 

After getting that horrible and cringe-worthy phrase off his car, Donghae hadn’t wasted a single second before getting himself comfortable in his car and going on an escapade trip he had been looking forward to. And now he felt exhausted- content yet exhausted- returning home after this long day… now all he was looking forward to was sleeping off his exhaustion.

 

Thwack… thwack… thwack...

 

Donghae’s eye flashed open hearing that particular sound he had been hearing since day one he moved here… a quick glance at his wall clock showed him it was exact 9pm. Heaving a sigh he got off his soft sanctuary and moved toward his window… peeking out once and he was sure- just like previous nights- tonight was as still as other nights… not a single whirl of wind could be detected, yet the shutters of his attic were being open and shut on their own accords. This had been happening since day one but no matter what the guard says… Donghae was not willing to agree on his believes about ghost or any such nonsense… because how can a ghost be so punctual to let him know about his presence at exact 9 every day?!

 

Donghae had thought, multiples times, to make a quick trip to the attic and check out the matter but the thought of those yucky and creepy eight leg monsters- a.k.a Spiders- always makes him reconsider his plan… because, DUH, spiders are definitely scarier and cringe worthy than ghost. Suddenly Donghae came to a standstill, his eyes slanting in suspicion with his head still stuck out of his wide open window… he blinked his eyes to make sure what he thought he was seeing was actually there. When his eyes could still make out a thin string attached with his shutter… his eyes followed the string from one end- the one attached to his shutter- to the other end, which surprisingly seemed to lead to the attic of the house next to his and Donghae could swore he saw a shadow moving behind the small window of his neighbor’s attic.

 

“What the…?” Donghae mumbled under his breath, confusion splashed across his face.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

“Hyukkie?” A sweet and cute voice drawled out, making Hyukjae to sigh in annoyance before his mere minutes younger twin came to flump in his lap, making Hyukjae to withdraw from the essay he had been working on. Eunhyuk wriggled in Hyukjae’s lap, finding a more comfortable position, as his arms came to wrap themselves around Hyukjae’s neck with a deep pout playing around his lip.

 

“Now what Hyuk?” Hyukjae muttered, putting his pen on his study table before latching his hands on Eunhyuk’s waist, to keep the younger from falling down.

 

“Mr. Kim accused me of cheating in Physic’s quiz… he said mine and Gale’s answers matched... like all the answers.” Eunhyuk whined, pretending to act cute in front of Hyukjae, but the latter just threw a small glare at his twin. “And since I was sitting just behind Gale so Mr. Kim said I might be the one to cheat.”

 

“And did you cheat?” Hyukjae asked cautiously.

 

“Of course, I did.” Eunhyuk scoffed… a little smugly. “I have already flunked my last two quizzes… and already been given a warning, I couldn’t possibly not cheat to pass in this quiz.”

 

“But Hyuk, I taught you all the basics just last night,” Hyukjae cried in frustration.

 

“Really? I am sorry but I wasn’t paying attention…” Eunhyuk grinned sheepishly but his smile faltered seeing Hyukjae’s disapproving look. “But that’s not the point here… the main thing is, I told Mr. Kim that I didn’t cheated.”

 

Hyukjae pinned his twin with a baffled look that clearly said, ‘WHY?’

 

“So, Mr. Kim said he would take mine and Gale’s quiz, once again, tomorrow but in his office so he can observe us closely.” Eunhyuk told his twin, rather calmly.

 

“Umm… okay… so?” Hyukjae inquired, quite not getting what his twin was hinting at.

'

“SO?! So, obviously, you have to go and give that quiz instead of me and ace it to prove that I have full knowledge of the subject,” Eunhyuk shrugged like it was no big deal.

 

“Wait, WHAT?” Hyukjae all but shouted, his eyes ballooning out in surprise before a snigger of disbelief left his gapping lips. “And why would I do that?”

 

“Because you love me and can’t see me failing or else Mr. Kim would call Mom and Dad and get me in trouble by accusing me of cheating.” Eunhyuk explained, calmly.

 

“You did cheated, that’s not called an ‘accusation’,” Hyukjae pointed out. “And beside, maybe some scolding from Mom and Dad would do you good.”

 

Eunhyuk gasped dramatically as he jump off Hyukjae’s lap, standing between his legs Eunhyuk’s hands came down to latched on his twin’s shoulder, towering over the slightly elder twin before he muttered, voice lacing with hurt, “You can’t be that cruel, Hyukkie… just imagine what would happen if Mr. Kim had evidence of my cheating… the school would struck me off, mom and dad would disown me and most probably kick me out of the house… I would be forced to live with street rats until some gang would recruit me in their group… and I would be forced to hurt innocent people just to abide by my gangs leader’s orders and do drugs all day and night… and one day the police would catch up with me and kill me… and I would be drowning in my own cold blood in some dark alley… but remember one thing Hyukkie, it would all be just because you didn’t help your own twin- flesh and blood- in the time of his greatest need… what kind of brother are you?” Eunhyuk’s long dramatic act came to an end with him heaving loud- pretended- sobs, clenching his eyes shut and looking away in pain.

 

Hyukjae could only gap at Eunhyuk, hardly believing the wild imagination Eunhyuk has laid before him but he mentally applaud his twin for having this crazy imagination before h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter