- Chapter 3 -

You are Me and I am You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae’s large hand came down on the flat of the young boy he still had slightly bend down, courtesy of his other hand tightly clasped on the said boy’s nap.

 

“If you don’t stop stirring, I will spank you again,” Donghae warned in a serious voice as he frog marched the young boy to the house next to his own. The boy’s parents should be informed first, Donghae concluded, even if he wanted nothing better than to spank the boy to his heart content but Donghae didn’t wanted to be sued, latter on, for use of violence on an underage, if the school bag slinging from the boy’s arm was any indication of his age… even if the boy looked easily 18 or 19, he had a hint of matureness and responsibility in him. Responsibility?! Donghae scoffed mentally.

 

Donghae didn’t lost a moment in pressing the doorbell- rather angrily- as soon as he had climbed the small steps up to his next door neighbor’s front porch and in less than a minute- in which the boy he hand in his grip had cried out ‘I am innocent’ at least 10 times, irking Donghae to no extent- the door was thrown opened and the middle age woman standing in the door way had let out a surprise filled gasp as soon as her eyes fell on Donghae and the boy he was manhandling at that moment.

 

“Hyukkie?!” The woman cried out. “What happened?”

 

But before Donghae could have the luxury to tell her what exactly had happen, another voice joined their little group, when a man no more than fourty five came to stand behind the woman, his eyes zeroing upon the young boy.

 

“Is everything alright, sir?” The elder man asked with utter politeness, even if his strong gaze that had passed over his son was anything but polite.

 

“I am afraid the answer would be no, sir.” Donghae made sure to be as polite as the other, not wanting to make a bad impression on his neighbors. “Your son has been vandalizing my property for last whole week.”

 

A silent look was passed between the man and woman before they stepped away to make way for Donghae to enter… piss as hell he was, Donghae still frog marched the young boy in, not caring if his parents were watching or not.

 

.

 

.

 

“I am really disappointed in you, Lee Hyukjae,” The head of the family, who had introduced himself as Lee Hyuksoo, a banker, said while pinning his son with a serious look… strong enough to make the boy to lower his head in shame and gnaw at his bottom lip. “Wasn’t it enough that I have to face such problems because of one of you and now you are joining that side too, huh?”

 

“But dad I didn’t do anything,” The boy, called Hyukjae, mumbled with a pout, making Donghae to scoff loudly.

 

It hadn’t taken more than five minutes from the moment Donghae’s neighbors had made him sit in their well-furnished and well-kept living area that Donghae had recited a whole list of their son’s wrong doings… he had even dared enough to mention the suggestive and inappropriate phrase that had been sprayed across his new car’s back window… and to Donghae’s much dismay and disbelief Hyukjae had the balls to deny each and every one of Donghae’s accusations.

 

“I actually have evidence… my CCTV captured your face,” Donghae informed for their benefit, hoping the boy would finally realize it was useless to lie.

 

“No, that’s not what he meant-” Hyukjae’s mother started but she was silenced when Mr. Lee’s hand softly landed on her knee, wordlessly telling her to let him talk.

 

“Actually there is something I would like to be clear about… are you sure you saw Hyukjae destroying your property?” The man of the house asked somberly and Donghae could only stare in disbelief… wondering if the man was trying to save his son from Donghae’s wrath or something.

 

“Of course, I am sure.” Donghae exclaimed confidently but the elder man just shook his head slightly.

 

“What I meant to ask was… are you sure it was Hyukjae… this Hyukjae with his hairs falling down on his forehead or a Hyukjae with spiked up hairs.” Hyukjae’s father asked, in a rather calm stance.

 

Donghae fought deeply to stop himself from rolling his eyes in annoyance… these people were seriously those kinds of parents who highly favor their children… Donghae knew a lame excuse would soon be thrown in his way. But just to humor them Donghae thought back to the time when he had watched his CCTV videos… even with considerable thinking he was not sure whether the boy he had seen had bangs covering his forehead or spikes… then with a jolt Donghae remembered the first day he had moved here… the boy that he had seen standing outside his house after his house’s doorbell had rang loudly… he was 100% sure the boy had his bangs hanging down.

 

“Yes… I remember clearly… he had his bangs hanging down,” Donghae said, looking dead in the elder’s eyes and highly aware of Hyukjae shaking his head vigorously.

 

“No Dad I swear-” Hyukjae started.

 

“Enough,” Hyukjae’s father’s deep voice sent a ripple of shudder, even down Donghae’s spine… he could more or less guess why Hyukjae was trembling like a leaf now. “I was already angry enough after receiving your report card of monthly assessment from your school just an hour ago… and now this happened.”

 

“W-what d-do you m-mean?” Hyukjae stuttered, looking slightly confused. “M-my monthly test went w-well.”

 

“Really?” The father mocked. “Getting 2 out of 50 in Math is called doing well, huh?”

 

“W-w-what?!” The shock and bafflement was clear on younger’s face. “B-b-but h-how…?”

 

“And we also received a note from your home-room teacher complaining how you didn’t performed any of your head boy duties yesterday,” Hyukjae’s mother chipped in, her small eyes reflecting the disappointment she felt. “And also how you tripped a student in the hallway, for absolutely no apparent reason and didn’t bother apologizing either.”

 

“Yesterday…?” Hyukjae breathe out, rising a palming to rest on his forehead. “But-”

 

“If you don’t mind, I have many important things to attend to,” Finally Donghae let out in an annoyed voice… because seriously! The small family of three had completely forgotten about him while dwelling upon the fact how their dumb prankster of the son was failing in school… like hello! Donghae was still here, waiting to be given a green signal so he could punish the young boy on his own.

 

Just then a merry whistling sound was heard invading the room… Donghae perked up and turned his head toward the staircase… only to stop breathing with his eyes ballooning out rather comically as he stare at the face he believed he had become quite familiar with but the only problem was he felt like he was seeing double. Donghae’s eyes moved from one slim face adoring small eyes and plump lips to the other identical looking face… there was just one fine detail that could tell apart the two identical beings and that being their hair styles… now Donghae understood what Mr. Lee had been trying to say earlier but that still didn’t made this bizarre situation any better.

 

If only Donghae wasn’t so shocked and zombified to see a replica of Hyukjae standing frozen in the middle of staircase then he wouldn’t have missed out on one crucial detail… of how Hyukjae’s twin’s eyes were as wide as saucers and how the younger had gulped painfully before looking away in somewhat guilt…

 

.

 

.

 

Eunhyuk wanted nothing better than to fled the room while he still had the chance because no one other than his y neighbor had seen him yet… but a few words of his father’s grave speech made their way in his ears, making him to stop short.

 

“… you are grounded for next two weeks and you are to reflect upon your wrong doing… I would be expecting a well written apology once you have realize the graveness and depth of your actions… moreover, you are to bide by any punishment Mr. Donghae would deem fit to be inflicted upon you, is that understood?” The twin’s father said, sternly looking at Hyukjae.

 

“Two weeks?” Hyukjae cried out and Eunhyuk could understand how miserable that could be… his father had inflicted same punishment on him at least thrice by now. “And written apology?”

 

Intrigued and curious as to what exactly was going around, Eunhyuk noiselessly came down the rest of the stairs and came to stand beside his twin, only to earn a sting eye from the said twin.

 

“I used the same method on Eunhyuk and look how much he had improved… he aced his Math and Physics’ test… and,” The father of twin’s squinted his eyes at the report card in his hands. “Well… he barely passed in Korean Language and History while flunking rest of the subjects… but all in all, it’s a huge improvement.” The man of the house exclaimed before bestowing a special small smile on Eunhyuk, which had the latter fidgeting slightly. “And Eunhyuk’s conduct had started to improve as well… your home-room teacher said yesterday he helped a new transfer student by showing him around and making him feel at home.”

 

“Wait,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter