Scary Noona & Fake Moustache

Don't Forget Your Shades

"Heechul-ah~ ppali come out. Practice~!" The leader of Kara wiggled her index finger, signalling him to come out of the packed room. Some of the people inside the waiting room glanced at the woman who gave the command at the room's doorway while the others ignored her and continued doing their business, either practicing their walk or doing other unrelated things. Heechul clutched his hands on Siwan's arms, shaking his head with an exaggerated grimace, while the latter continued to concentrate on his laptop, ignoring his bandmate, still feeling bitter that he didn't get to pair with any interesting female idol like his other bandmates with his height being the excuse. He was very sure Dongjun is much shorter, and he got to be with one of the most popular girl. Not fair at all. There were three girlgroups- Kara, Rainbow minus Jaekyung who had other schedule it seemed, and even their same-company senior, Jewelry, totalling to 15 girls, and he couldn't even be paired with one.

 
"Siwan hyung....I don't want to follow her. What if she torture me?"
 
Suddenly Siwan got an idea. He turned to face the younger guy.
 
"Well, if you want I can sacrifice and be her partner instead. Anything for you...." He stood, ready to grab the chance, but Heechul pushed him down on his seat again. 
 
"I think I'll just go.....no thank you, Hyung."
 
'Bastard. He was just pretending to be so scared of her just to make fun of me because I don't even get a partner.'
 
 
"Hyungsik, right? Do you think we should perform some gestures...you know...on stage?"
 
He returned a clueless look at the tall, slender young woman with bright eyes. The starting time for their fashion show had been delayed on a last minute notice because some of the VIP guests could not make it on time. And since their stylists were done with their makeup and hair, the fashion designer had come to ask their favour to practice and spice up their runway walk just to make the show brighter and cheerful instead of the usual boring runway walk. Any gesture or ideas would be fine as long as it shows off the beauty and warmth of hanboks to culture and society.
 
"You know.....like.....linking arms or anything..." Noeul didn't plan to be so aggressive on the young boy, but she couldn't help the jealousy at seeing her groupmate, Yoonhye, happily practicing with her really cute runway partner. They seemed to be actively trying on different gestures like doing heart signs together, bowing to each other, and just now they linked arms. That explained Noeul's random suggestion even though she wasn't really planning to copy her dongsaeng's gesture. It was just an example since her partner looked so lost.
 
"Oh.....well, I think it's up to you, Noona."
 
She felt like she had just died inside. 'Why do I have to partner with this kid? Aishhh.....he doesn't show interest at all. Yoonhye and Hyunyoung are so luck.......where's Hyunyoung?' She glanced, worried that their maknae could not be seen anywhere inside the room while her partner was chilling at a corner, with his sunglasses on.
 
'What a weirdo.'
 
----------------------
 
Hyunyoung stomped into girls' changing room and scanned through the sea of people for her target. The stylists unnies were still busy helping Kara's Nicole, Hara and Jiyoung with their hair and makeups because her Kara sunbaenims were late due to their other schedules. She immediately charged forward once she had found her target, who was reading a story book at one of the dressing table, ignoring her other two Rainbow unnies who were so into their chatting nearby.
 
"Jisook unnie!!!" She cried and cuddled the elder girl who appeared just as young as herself.
 
"Ya, don't disturb me. I'm reading. Go practice with your partner."
 
"Unnie.....I can't."
 
Jisook lifted the book away at the strange response she received from the young girl whom she regarded as her own little sister. She took off her reading glasses.
 
"Who bullied you?" 
 
--------------------
 
He gazed at his bandmates who were all too busy with their own partners to entertain him anymore. A few seconds ago, Kevin who had been accompanying him had left to discuss about his gestures with Kara's Hara. He was relieved to be left alone without his partner around, but he knew that moment would end soon when the show begin. The thought dreaded him.
 
'Or maybe....I can ask to change with Siwan hyung, since he's upset he didn't get to partner with the girls. That's it.' He grinned at his brilliant idea. Siwan would be happy to be partnered with a girl, especially the shortest one, and he would be glad to be freed from having to be paired with a girl. Win-win situation. He stood from his place, to deliver the good news to Siwan.
 
"Kim Taehun ssi?"
 
A female voice. Right behind him. He fell back onto his chair in shock. If only he was a few seconds faster, he'd have manage to run for safety. 
 
"Hello^^." She waved with a friendly smile and pulled the chair next to him. "So....oh, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Kim Jisook from Rainbow. Surely you've seen my face on TV right?"
 
He bowed weakly without an answer.
 
"So..how's practice for the runway going?" She wanted to just ask that question but cancelled it before it escaped her lips. She replaced it with a smile instead, eventhough he would rather stare at the empty white brick wall.
 
'Weirdo.' She thought. 'I guess Hyunyoungie's telling the truth after all.'
 
 
*flashback*
 
"I even went to him to ask if he's ready to practice after he had caused me that humiliation unnie. But you know what he did once I made my way to him? He ran away. He freakin' ran away! He made me look like a freakin' murderer or or some person with horrible disease, Unnie....I don't want to walk the runway with him. Why don't we exchange places?" Hyunyoung pleaded with a genuinely upset face, no puppy face like she would usually make when she wanted something. She was fuming in rage. 
 
Jisook could totally understand where she was coming from. Hyunyoung, being the shy person she is, would never initiate any conversation with strangers, what more strangers who embarrassed her once. But she knew to draw the line between her shy-ness and work. That was why she bothered to try talking to him again.
 
And what did he do? Run away? For what reason, seriously?
 
'Looks like it's the job for Detective Jisook.' She smirked to herself.
 
"Yah, what's with that evil look?" She frowned. How come Seungah always manage to see her secret expressions? 
 
"Yah, just let her be....our smart Jisookie has a plan, doesn't she?" Woori pinched her cheek. Her group members always treat her just the way they treat Hyunyoung - like a kid. Either they're not aware of her 'abilities' or they just find her too cute to resist. 
 

*flashback ends*

 

 

 

"So....why are you wearing sunglasses inside here? You're not wearing that on stage are you?" She boldly poked a finger to his shades. Appalled at the distance between her finger and his shades, Taehun backed away, frightened at her clueless aggresiveness.
 
"Just....just because." He stuttered the weak answer after seeing that she's not pulling back her finger from his shades.
 
"You know....I think you'd look better without that thing." She tried to pulled off his shades, to his horror. He jumped from his seat but couldn't run away since her seat blocked his way. He was cornered.
 
She stood up and smiled. "Oh, you want to go practice with my Hyunyoungie now?"
 
Taehun thought hard at the question. He didn't want to practice his walk with any girl. But if he said no, God knows what this Jisook girl would do next. Suddenly he saw hope in the form Park Sul Nyeo, the designer of the hanboks they're modeling. He meekly pointed at the designer, hoping the girl would back off. She did, to his relief....for that moment.
 
"Ommo, Park Sulnyeo seonsaengnim." She ran like a child and bowed to the elder woman who smiled and patted her head. While the two ladies had their conversation, Taehun took the chance to relocate himself away from any corners of the room. He chose the place next to Siwan, now recallling his earlier intention of changing partner, he knew he needed to be quick but Siwan was too into his internet surfing. He didn't have the heart to disturb his frustrated friend, though he himself would be glad to be in Siwan's shoes, not literally. 
 
"Are you going to say something or do you plan to just stalk me from there, Taehun?"
 
"H...hyung, how did you know it's me?" He was dumbfounded. He could swore he didn't see Siwan turning his head or moving his eyes at all.
 
"What do you want? Why are you not practicing?" He asked, still engrossed in his own activity.
 
"Uhm.....Hyung, do you think....do you want to change place with me? I mean....you can have my partner...."
 
"No."
 
"Why not? Hyung..." He shook Siwan's shoulder with his aegyo expression. Taehun knew nobody could resist his cute attack, especially, not s.
 
"Sorry Taehun. Your aegyo won't work today. Because we want you to learn to be more comfortable with girls, and today is a good practice opportunity. You shouldn't be scared of girls, Taehun. That's a sickness."
 
'I'm not scared of them.' He answered silently to himself. He didn't feel the need to explain himself to anyone. Especially not when nobody would believe it.
 
"Kim Tae Hun!! There you are!" The Jisook girl popped out of nowhere and landed next to him with her ever excitement and hyperness, that he didn't even had time to jerked himself out of another shock. Park Sul Nyeo joined them and both him and Siwan bowed at the respectable fashion designer.
 
"Jisook here told me she was sad because she didn't have a male partner for her segment on stage. So maybe you boys could practice with her a little just to kill time."
 
"I want to practice with Taehun!" He looked at her in horror.
 
-------------
 
When they're finally alone by themselves inside the empty room next to their waiting room, after a lot of pushing around by Siwan, Hyungsik and Minwoo to force the guy in shades into this room, she decided to get down to the core of the problem. It was the conclusion she made after listening to Hyunyoung's story and after actually seeing his odd behaviour.
 
"So......do you want to practice with me or not? Just be honest." She finally toned down her hyperness and acted serious.
 
He shook his head just slightly, as she had expected.
 
"Is it for the same reason you refused to practice with Hyunyoungie?"
 
She let him take his moment when he gave no response. After a couple of moments, he nodded, still in his very small movement. She nodded in satisfaction before proceeded.
 
"Can you tell me why?"
 
He shook his head, glancing at the door every now and then, thinking of a way to run out. 
 
"Why couldn't you tell me? It's not like I'm telling anyone. Promise, I'll keep it a secret." She raised her left hand in the I-promise gesture while pressing her right hand's forefinger on her lips. Yet, he still didn't give the answer she was looking for. In fact, he didn't give any answer this time.
 
"Is it because I'm a girl?"
 
Still, he gave no answer, not even a slight movement as a hint.
 
"Okay fine, wait here." She ran out. Before he could even breathe a sigh of relief, her head popped in back with a threatening glare. "And don't you dare try to run. Hyunyoungie is guarding outside. You don't wanna be in another awkward situation with her, trust me dude. Wait for me okay?!" She ran off after ending her threat with cute gesture.
 
'What the hell? I'm not scared of girls...but this noona might change my mind. How could the boys let this happen to me? I've always take care of them and when it comes to me...they dragged me to this scary noona. Should I get help from Jewelry noonas? *stares at handphone*.......no, they'd be just the same like those kids.'
 
"Anyeong! Taehun ssi. How are you doing?" A failed faked deep voice entered the room and he saw a girl obviously dressing up in a male all black suit and a fedora, complete with a fake moustache waving at him. It was a bad attempt at disguise if that was ever her intention. She looked almost exactly the same as before minus the change in her clothes, the fake mustache, her light brown hair that were now tied in a loose pony tail and the oversized men's shoes she was dragging her feet in.
 
"I'm Man Ji Sook, not Kim Ji Sook. But the man version of Ji Sook." She extended a hand at him, and pushed it further when he didn't respond. He shook the hand after getting the hint that he had no other choice.
 
"That's better. Good boy. Now, you can start your story. Tell me..... why do you wear shades all the time? Don't tell me just because. I'm not buying it."
 
'Uhm......'
 
 
 
-----------
 
 
guys//girls...i'm surprised n touched at the response n i enjoyed reading the comments. thank you so much n i hope you'll keep it coming~if that's not too much to ask for. i'm surprised out of the fics i write this one receive the best reponse...lol. i'm bitter for siwan but happy for taehun...xD..he is so underrated n deserve more attention n love.
anyway, just so u know....jisook is not a noona to taehun. n truth is hyunyoung/jisook aren't my favs in Rainbow n i don't even follow the group that much besides listening to their songs n watch some vids sometimes...,so i don't really know much abt them....but i like Rainbow n i'm enjoying writing jisook's character for this chap....xD n seonsaengnim is also a respectful way to address older ppl....not necessarily meant teacher.
n while we're at it...i was surprised when i learned yoonhye actually paired with minwoo at the show(because for the past few months i only know  the pairings involving kara minus gyuri whom i just learned same time with rainbow members for the same reason, it was hard to find their pics)....i don't know why but i have a fondness to pair those two in my fics...xD
 
ps: n i just noticed..i started both chapters with Heechul scene...lmao. random. n unintentional.