Girls & Greetings

Don't Forget Your Shades

 

"Girls......girls..."
 
"Heechul hyung, you sound like a total ert." Hyungsik covered his mouth as the chanting stopped and Ze:a's Heechul came in with a dreamy face.
 
"Ommo! We're going to pair up with girls on the runway! Everyone, breaking news~!" Kwanghee ran in behind Heechul, pushing the man walking before him and they both crashed onto the floor, one on top of the other. Hyungsik rolled his eyes in annoyance.
 
"Yeah...breaking news." He echoed while trying not to make too much movements as his stylist noona busied herself to tie the knots on his traditional hanbok.
 
Minwoo laughed at the sight of his silly group members. He was all set to hit the runway, while wondering who would his model partner be. His thought was distracted by a hand tugging at his sleeve.
 
"M...Minwoo-ya..."
 
"Oh...hyung, are you excited about getting to model with female partner as well like Kwanghee hyung and Heechul hyung?"
 
The man who was older than him by about nine months gulped and shook his head nervously. "I.....I don't.....feel well."
 
"Hyung! Don't you try to get away again?! You did it last time! You're not running away this time!"
 
"Who's running away?" Kevin joined them with a sly grin. He was holding a traditional hat in his hand, and already had his ivory coloured garb on.
 
"Taehun Hyung!" Minwoo exclaimed a little too loudly, drawing attention from the others in the changing room. To other Ze:a members, this wasn't a new information though. Taehun had always been a little too afraid of female species, although none of them quite remember when did he start developing the fear. 
 
"Taehunnie......just relax....you had a girl buddy some years ago right?"
 
He didn't expect that Kevin would remember. It was something he revealed by accident and after that. he made sure to be more careful in not mentioning her ever again to anyone.
 
"You know....I think, we need to take Taehun to the doctor. Gynophobia is no small matter."
 
"G...guy...no....what's that?!" Dongjun cringed at his failure to pronounce the strange English word.
 
"Fear of women."
 
"Ommo!! My Siwannie is the smartest!" Kwanghee gave a thumbs up. Seriously, nobody but Siwan would bother to talk scientific craps, and whenever Siwan taught them a new term, nobody remembers it anyway.
 
"Uhm, guys...so I've went to talk with the organizer, and we're going to walk the runway with Kara sunbaenim and Rainbow sunbaenim. Be sure to behave okay." Ze:a's leader, Junyoung walked into the room with his tired eyes and a folder in his hand. The briefing session just now with the Designer and other representatives had worn him out.
 
"Why no Sonyeoshidae?" Dongjun's complaint went unnoticed as the other members were busy gushing over the news brought by Junyoung.
 
"I'm nervous! What if I trip down and embarrass myself?"
 
"I think Jaekyung would suit me."
 
"I'm just happy there's girls."
 
""Ya, ya....kids, behave yourselves. Don't bring shame to our group and company." Junyoung scratched his head in anxiety at his groupmates' hyper excitement. It's not a common situation for them to be working together with female idols, and if they screw up a rare chance such as this, the very little opportunities they're given would decrease even more. He shut his eyes and sighed, not able to stop the noisy excitement. 'Maybe I should go greet sunbaes first? Or should I let these monkeys know who they'd pair up with first?'
 
"Don't worry. I'm all set to charm the ladies." He opened his eyes to see Heechul nodding confidently while patting on his back as if trying to convince him. 
 
"Heechul-ah, that's what I'm worried about."
 
"What?! I'll make Ze:a proud in front of our seniors. I just hope....."
 
"What?" 
 
"Just tell me my partner is not Park Gyuri sunbaenim."
 
"And why is that?"
 
"She's scary. Other than that. I'm fine with anyone." He puffed his chest proudly.
 
"Is she really that scary?" They both turned to Siwan who didn't even lift his head from his personal notebook he carried around to almost everywhere. "Aish...but according to my research here, I should be partnered with either Hyunyoung sunbaenim from Rainbow or Seungyeon sunbaenim from Kara or Gyuri sunbaenim from Kara."
 
"How did you come up with that?" Kevin asked, puzzled.
 
"He just look for the shortest girls." Heechul replied cooly. "He does that all the time."
 
"Aish....these kids...okay, everyone shut up. I'm going to let you know your partners now." The room went silent the moment Junyoung finished giving out his order.
 
"Kevin hyung with Kara's Goo Hara, Dongjun with Kara's Nicole, Kwanghee hyung with Kara's Kang Jiyoung, Heechul...." He paused, trying to contain his laughter that was about to erupt, "with Kara's Park Gyuri."
 
"What? Nooooo...."
 
"What about us, and you, Junyoung hyung?" Taehun glared at Minwoo for asking such a question. He didn't need a partner. No, he'd rather not have one. He didn't mind being alone on stage. In fact, he preferred it.
 
"Yah....I haven't finished. Minwoo will be with Rainbow's Yoonhye, Hyungsik, you with Rainbow's Noeul, Taehun..." 
 
Taehun felt his head started spinning around. He wished he could just ran away. He wished somebody would come and save him from listening to the thing he dreaded the most. He glanced at the door wistfully, when he noticed a fairly familiar faced lady in orange and purple traditional hanbok peeking inside their changing room. Her eyes met with his and she started to wave at him, signalling for him to come at the door. Taehun groaned inwardly at the realization that he was caught. Refusing to give in, he feign ignorance and pretended not to see her.
 
Having no other choice, she knocked on the door, causing the whole room to focus their attention to the doorway where she stood sheepishly. 
 
'Aish...that jerk......causing such humiliation....why couldn't he just come....' She felt a pair of arms pushing her inside the room. In her moment of embarrassment, she almost tripped down on her hanbok but manage to find her bearing before she made a bigger fool of herself, and she had also forgotten her groupmates that trailed behind and pushed her inside the room just now. She looked helplessly at her Unnie to start the greeting.
 
"Hello. We're Rainbow. I'm Noeul, This is Yoonhye, and this is Hyunyoung. We will be working with you on the runway we heard. So we come to greet Ze:a first." One of the three women who had just appeared bowed and waved a hand awkwardly to the room filled with mostly young men in hanboks who appeared totally gobsmacked at having their seniors coming to their changing room to greet them even though Rainbow is just their senior by a couple of months. It wasn't their choice to come to Ze:a's changing room anyway, but their elder members who would also participate in the fashion show, namely Woori and Seungah had both forced them to go and be friendly to their juniors. After all, respect is highly regarded in the lessons they had been taught before debut. In fact, it's one of the qualities DSP artistes were well known for- their sense of respect, humility and manners.
 
Hyunyoung had no choice but to follow suit and forced a smile when she noticed her two unnies had given their perfect greetings to Ze:a, even though she's still bitter at that one guy who obviously pretended not to see her and caused her mini-humiliation in front of the whole room. 'Aish...I'm so going to report to Jisook unnie. She's the only one who would be on my side, and not the boys' '
 
Ze:a members immediately returned a 90 degrees bow at their three seniors who surprised them with the visit, feeling slightly ashamed that they didn't go to greet the girls first.
 
"We're Ze:a." They said together in unison, before letting their leader continued "I'm Junyoung, Ze:a's leader and I apologize for the trouble it took Rainbow sunbae to come visit us. The boys were about to go pay a visit to your room." He motioned Kwanghee who was by then stood next to him and Kwanghee started to introduce himself, followed by other members. 
 
"I'm Taehun." He bowed, after saying out his normal introduction line, while avoiding eye contact with any of the girls, as usual, and oblivious to the grimace that started to emerge on one of the girls' face.
 
'Don't tell me that ugh......unfriendly jerk is going to be my partner?'
 
 
---
 
 
 
yeah..it might look kinda cliche now...but trust me.......i hate cliches.....so you'll have to read the next chap to know whether it'd be what you thought it would....anyway, thanks for reading~..sorry for my poor language....n lackings....