Santorini

Parallel Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jimin is not the person to be head over heels for someone. He likes being independent, not being chained to someone else.

He has been in love only once in his life.

A love so strong it the air from his lungs leaving him breathless, so strong made his heart race out of his chest, and his brain go blank at the sight of him, at the sound of his voice. 

Jimin was so in love he was ready to sacrifice everything he had planned in his life to be with that person. And he almost did. 

 

Two years before, in a country far from the one he came from, Jimin lost himself in someone else, and it was truly the best moment in his life. 

The boy's name was Min Yoongi. Jimin fell for him the exact moment they met. 

He still remembers the moment he saw him outside that tall building in Vancouver, sporting bright blond hair and ripped jeans, smoking a cigarette alone. Their eyes had met and Jimin hadn’t been able to make that sharp, deep gaze leave his mind since then. They met again, by chance, ordering a coffee at Starbucks, recognizing each other.

That was when they talked for the first time. And that was when Jimin fell in love with Yoongi's strong soul, his fine brain and his sharp charisma. 

It was born as noting but a wonderful friendship, but the more time they spent together, the more they became unable to be separate.

Jimin has never been the kind of person to do relationships. But he did, with Yoongi. 

It was born so naturally, them meeting for breakfast, Yoongi smiling lovingly at Jimin holding his favorite caramel macchiato in his hands when he arrived punctually late. Spending their days together, lying on the grass in the park, looking at the sky. Yoongi treating Jimin for dinner, for a beer. And then, ending up in Jimin’s bedroom, thirsty of each other’s touches.

Yoongi had made love to Jimin, and that had been the first time for both. Not because they hadn’t had the chance before, but because they hadn’t found the right person. Yoongi was his first, and after him there has been no one else. 

He learned how to ignore other people’s judging stares when they held hands in public, how to give without asking anything back, how to depend on someone else, how to handle the weight of a relationship. That’s how Jimin learned how to love, and how to be loved.

Yoongi was two years older, more experienced, more toughed up. He had lived a hard childhood, with parents that were never satisfied, an abusive father, and economic problems. He had had to take care of his brother by himself, deciding to give up on a prestigious and expensive university, in order to give more opportunities to his little brother. He didn’t have any close friends, because the relationship with his father had made him unable to trust people. Yes, Yoongi was much more toughed up than Jimin, a silly spoiled child. Yet, somehow, Yoongi looked at him like he was the most precious human being in the world.

Yoongi didn’t care about Jimin’s mood swings, about his complaints and tantrums. And Jimin had learned to treasure the other like he had never done before. 

Their love was made for movie screens. It was so perfect, so pure and genuine, Jimin was sure he could have lived of that for the rest of his life. If he had Yoongi, then he needed nothing else to be happy. He couldn’t picture his life without the other anymore. He found himself imagining a house on the top of the hill, with big windows and a lovely patio, the two of them cuddling on the sofa. 

 

——

 

Outside is raining, it’s a cold afternoon, despite being Summer. 

Yet Jimin doesn’t have chills. His arms are wrapped around the older’s neck, fingers tangled in his hair, leaving small ghosty kisses on his long pale neck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter