No One But You

Lee Hi’s the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One But You

 

Jae Won didn’t expect to see Irene in the school grounds. The music festival is an open event but he was pretty certain that it was her who ended things between them. To put it in her own words they were not even together to begin with.

 

“Oppa!” She called out to him then clings to his arms.

 

“What are you doing here? And I’d appreciate it if you keep your distance from me,” Jae Won said as he removed her hold on his arm.

 

“Wae oppa? Didn’t you miss me at all?” She said.

 

“Not at all. Let’s be clear here. We have nothing to do with each other. Go and bug your boyfriend okay,” he said as he walked away.  He tried to catch up to Seung Yoon and Mino who was walking up ahead.

 

“You better settle things with her before Hayi finds out. You wouldn’t want Hayi to get hurt just because of Irene,” Mino said to his friend.

 

“Oppa! I’m not leaving here if we don’t talk,” Irene cried out.

 

Jae Won grabbed her by the hand and led her somewhere quiet without a lot of people.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” he said to her as he let her go.

 

“I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings back then. Let’s properly date this time,” she said.

 

“And what makes you think I still want to date you?” Jae Won retorted. “We don’t need to properly date. There is nothing between us. Go find someone else to bother.”  He turned around and was on his way to his pre-performance practice when Irene suddenly hugged him from behind.

 

“Shiro! I’m not letting you go. I’m sorry I made a mistake. I don’t like Se Hun anymore. I want my Jae Won-oppa back,” she declared.

 

He grabbed her hands and pried them off of him.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t feel the same way. I have a really awesome girlfriend and I’d appreciate it if you would just disappear from my sight,” he said. He walked away and hoped that everything will be back to normal. When he went back stage he immediately went to greet Hayi. She’s exactly who he needed to be with at that moment.

 

After their performance Hayi wanted to stay behind to support Su Hyun. He would have stayed with her but Mino motioned him to go out. He excused himself and told Hayi that they will meet after the program is over.

 

“She’s still here,” Mino said as he pointed at Irene who was waiting by the auditorium entrance with a couple of her friends.

 

“I can’t believe I ever liked that girl,” Jae Won said.

 

“Yup I didn’t really expect for her to be running after you. You were always the one chasing after her,” Mino joked.

 

“Not funny,” Jae Won said.

 

“You can’t let this go on. She might end up bothering Hayi. You know how girls are sometimes,” Mino cautioned.

 

Jae Won decided to just talk to Irene one more time to clear things out.

 

“Oppa you’re back. Your performance was really awesome. I just didn’t like the fact that you were looking too intensely at that girl you were performing with. I almost felt jealous,” Irene commented.

 

“Let me be clear with you. I don’t like you anymore. I realized just how stupid I was back then when I fell for everything you said to me and how you toyed with my emotions back then. It’s over. I don’t feel anything for you anymore. I suggest that you leave and bring your friends along with you. I’m sure you have better things to do.” He told her.

 

Irene tried to move towards him and he moved backwards. “You can’t possibly be serious. You told me that I’m the only girl for you. How can that suddenly change?”

 

“It wasn’t sudden. It took a while but I got over you. Just don’t bother me anymore. I don’t want my girlfriend to misunderstand. Just keep away from me,” Jae Won declared.

 

“It’s that girl, isn’t it? The one you and Mino-oppa were singing with. She’s the girl who stole you from me,” Irene hissed.

 

“Don’t even think about it. You touch a single hair on her head and I swear I will hurt you,” Jae Won bellowed angrily. “Don’t you dare bother her! I suggest you and your friends should leave before I call the school security. We don’t need any nuisance in our school festival.”

 

“This discussion isn’t over oppa,” Irene said before walking away.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Hayi wasn’t sure why she started crying.  So she saw a girl hug Jae Won and saw him again talking to the same girl. So what? Why was she bothered? She’s the girlfriend so what was she worried about? She dabbed her eyes with her handkerchief. Jae Won doesn’t look like the type who would cheat on her.

 

“Are you done crying? Do you want to talk about it?” Han Bin said as he observed his best friend. “I guess you really need me after all. As soon as we made up you suddenly needed a shoulder to cry one.”

 

“I’m doing much bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter