Getting Closer... Growing Apart part 2

Lee Hi’s the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting Closer... Growing Apart part 2

 

As soon as the school bell rang signaling the end of their last subject, Jae Won immediately stood up grabbed his notebook and headed out to the music room.

 

“Hey! Let’s go together,” Mino called out to him as he immediately gather his school bag and followed his friend. He finally caught up with his buddy.“Yah! I told you let’s go together. I don’t l know exactly where we’re supposed to meet up with Hayi,” he told him.

 

“The music room with the piano of course,” Jae Won said. “Oh have you started writing your rap part?”

 

 “It’s almost complete,” Mino replied. “And you?”

 

“I haven’t started. I need some inspiration to start writing verses,” Jae Won replied. They made it to the room and they were greeted by Hayi, Bobby and Han Bin.

 

“You guys could have waited for me,” Hannah said as she appeared behind the two seniors.

 

“So I guess we can start working with our group,” Mino exclaimed, he, Jae Won and Hayi stayed by the window while Bobby, Han Bin and Hannah decided to stay on the other side of the room by the couch. 

 

Mino and Hayi started to practice together while Jae Won started working on his rap.

 

“Let’s move to the other room to practice,” Bobby suggested.

 

“Why we can just stay here and work on our own,” Han Bin refuted.  

 

“I agree with Ji Won. Let’s go to the other room I think it’s vacant too,” Hannah said and made her way out of the room. Bobby followed her and Han Bin reluctantly did the same.

 

The other group was enjoying their own practice that they didn’t notice Bobby’s team leave.

 

Whenever Jae Won isn’t writing a verse he would look up at Hayi who was doing a really good job singing the chorus. He couldn’t help but smile in admiration. Mino was also doing one hell of a job with his rap. Jae Won was determined to make his rap verses stand out too.

 

A week has passed and their first practice. Mino’s group already finished practicing and will just be working with Bobby’s group on their last practice before dress rehearsal. Bobby and Han Bin are also participating in the joint dance number so their schedules are full.

 

The Music club was holding a meeting to touch base on the activities for the music festival.

 

The main music room was filled with music club and dance troupe members as well as other club representatives who will take part in the festival. The room was filled with chatter and music from some groups practicing when the music club president and his crew finally arrived.

 

 “Wow I guess everyone came to attend the meeting today,” Seung Yoon commented when he saw the Music room full. “Everyone please take a seat or stand at the back if there aren’t enough chairs.

 

Seung Hoon, Mino, Jae Won, Jin Woo and Tae Hyun brought chairs from other empty music rooms to provide seats.

 

“Is everyone settled? “Seung Yoon said. “Let’s begin the meeting.

 

Hayi was a little under the weather. She was seated at the far corner of the room near the window with her friends. They all asked her to go to the school clinic first but she refused because she really wanted to attend the meeting. She also secretly wanted to see Jae Won. They concluded their practice sessions a few days ago and will only perform again in the dry run which is a day before the actual performance the next day.

 

Hayi searched the crowd of people and finally saw him. He was with his group of friends standing by the door. She feeling a little dizzy but she managed to smile at him then everything went black.

 

 When Hayi opened her eyes she was lying on bed in the school clinic.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” It was Jae Won.

 

“Sunbae what happened?” Hayi asked as she tried to seat up. Jae Won immediately went to help her.

 

“You passed out. I was worried you were smiling at me and then you suddenly you closed your eyes and leaned to your side as if you fell asleep. I ran across the room to get to you. They probably all think I’m a lunatic,” he commented with a chuckle.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Hayi said.

 

“Don’t be. I was worried. Take care of yourself. We can’t perform without our main singer,” Jae Won reasoned trying to sound nonchalant.

 

“Hayi!!!” Su Hyun came running in. “Are you ok? The meeting just ended.”

 

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Jae Won said. “Take care of yourself ok,” he said before leaving.

 

After making sure that their senior had left Su Hyun immediately hugged Hayi and giggled.

 

“Jae Won-sunbae was so cool. He cut through the crowd of people to get to you. I didn’t even notice you fainted but he did and he was right across the room. He even carried you on his back. I wanted to go with you but he said I should stay in the meeting and that he’d look after you until it’s done,” Su hyun recounted. “He’s like a knight in shining armor. Of course Bobby-oppa is still better but today Jung Jae Won was really cool.”  

 

 "Of course he is," Hayi agreed with her friend. She tried to get up from the bed.

 

"But Bobby is serving detention at the library for the next few days so much for being a model student,” Su Hyun said  as she’s a little preoccupied with his crush. “You shouldn't stand up. Rest some more. The doctor said you're running a fever and to stay in bed. You wouldn't want to miss your performance with your prince charming would you?"

 

"Hayi-yah, are you okay?" Han Bin said as he came running in.

 

"I'm okay silly," she replied. "I just need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter