Where it all started

Lee Hi’s the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where it all started

 

The classroom is always rowdy especially during free time. His buddies are especially prone to fan girl attacks which increase the noise volume in their classroom to the extreme. So he roams around the school to find a quiet spot. With his headphones around his neck and his favorite black baseball cap on his head he walks the hallways until he finally saw an empty Music room. Jung Jae Won finally found a quiet place to sleep. He fell right on the leather coach on the other side of the wall from the piano. He sat up and pulled the room door open just so he would know if someone is coming. He was resting for a good few minutes before he heard hurried steps then a soft thud from the door closing.

 

He slowly opened his eyes to peek. It was a girl he has not seen before, at least not from his year, he guessed she’s probably a junior. The said girl who was seemingly unaware of him started singing.

 

“Let me hold your hand…. Again and…. and again… I want you to comeback… I want you to love me again…”

 

She sang really well. In fact she sang better than some of the most talented girls in his class. He wanted to shift to his side look at her better unfortunately the leather coach made a squeaky sound which caused the girl to stop singing. She turned to face him her eyes wide in surprise to find an unsuspecting audience behind her.

 

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t know someone was sleeping here. I’m so sorry for disturbing you,” she profusely apologized as she bowed her head.

 

Jae won couldn’t help but smile. She’s not just a good singer she’s also very pretty. The girl has fair skin, dark brown hair. She has beautiful hazel brown eyes behind her round rimmed glasses, has a cute nose and beautiful pink lips.

 

“It’s okay. You can continue practicing. I’ve got this,” he said as he put on his headphones. He motioned her to continue. He lay back on the coach and closed his eyes and covered his face with his baseball cap. He didn’t play any music though instead he just listened as the girl practiced her song over and over. He didn’t mind listening to her sing the same two songs the whole time. In fact he wouldn’t mind even if she just hummed. Her voice is music to his ears. He did steal a few glances and admired his music room guest.

 

A whole hour has passed and they heard the school bell ring. It’s already 10 minutes before classes start again.

 

“Thank you for sharing this music room with me,” the girl said then bowed again before leaving the room.

 

Jae won sat up and smiled. Despite being robbed of the time for nap he still had a pleasant time listening to his mystery girl’s singing. He stood up and run out the room as soon as he realized that he didn’t even get her name.

 

 

He saw her on the walkway towards the annex school building. He ran fast to catch up to her then he stood in front of her and blocked her way. He held out his hand to her.

 

“I’m Jung Jae won from Senior A class,” he introduced himself half panting.

 

“I know who you are, I mean all of the school knows everyone in your class,” she replied shyly.

 

“You still haven’t introduced yourself,” he said with his hand still extended to her.

 

“Oh” she muttered before she took his hand for a hand shake.  “ Hayi, Lee Hayi from Junior B class,” she introduced herself.

 

“Hayi! What a nice name. Now I know the name associated to that beautiful voice,” Jae won said. “I’ll see you around!” He happily ran off. He looked back and waved goodbye before heading back to his class.

 

Hayi couldn’t hide the blush on her face in fact she started fanning her face with her hands because she can feel the sudden warmth of her cheeks. She continued walking back to her class whilst staring at the hand that she used when she shook hands with Jae won

 

This isn’t their first meeting though. She accidentally saw him perform in one of those underground rap battles. She and her best friend Kim Su Hyun went to see Kim Han Bin, her best guy friend and Ji Won, Han Bin’s best friend and Su Hyun’s ultimate dream boy perform. Since it’s their first time participating in the event the girls decided to cheer for them. Her other roommates Katie and Jisoo also came with them but the unnies however were fangirling over their classmates who are also participating event.

 

That’s where she first met him. Jung Jae Won. He was up against Kim Han Bin, her best friends and childhood friend. She was utterly confused as to who she will cheer for during their match because they were both good. Jae won or One as they called him has a bit of an edge over her friend his delivery was strong and his flow was really good. B.I or Han Bin, her best friend stammered a little in the beginning but he eventually got his flow however the judges favored the former.  Jung Jae won was the winner of that round. He actually did really well until the semi-finals where he was eliminated by Song Mino, who was last year’s winner.

 

Ji Won or Bobby as he would like to be called got to the finals and when he did a faceoff with Song Mino for the title the result was a draw. It was quite unprecedented because he’s a first time participant.

 

After the competition Hayi went with Su Hyun, Han Bin and Ji won to their favorite s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter