Branch

Zephyr
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

They reached Jisoo’s apartment without a word. 

 

Except for the part wherein Jisoo almost tripped while passing the last left corner on his way, the rest of the trip back home went by uneventful. Jeonghan eyed him up and down after that as if to check if he wasn't really an escaped lunatic. Jisoo could swear he saw the shadow of a smirk on the other’s face. He doesn't really have an excuse. It was after all a path he should have memorized by now and the area is well lit there should not have been any cause of tripping. Not in Jisoo’s case apparently.

 

He wished Jeonghan could have instead said something though.

 

He had never felt silence as awkward as that. Even if, judging by societal norms, bringing home a stranger are in all ways awkward but truth to be told Jisoo doesn't really think that. He actually finds Jeonghan fascinating in ways he can’t explain. Maybe it’s the regal-ness of Jeonghan’s aura despite the living accommodations Jisoo found him in, the alluring pride that he holds himself as if no one can shame him for anything, or perhaps it is the way Jeonghan eyes look at him with silent fierceness piercing through him making his mind go blank.

 

Upon entering his apartment he saw his boyfriend’s shirt (now ex, Jisoo isn’t that naïve right?) hanging lazily on the couch.  Oh joy. Of all things he could have had the decency to bring it with him, Jisoo thinks darkly.

 

 “Well I didn't expect this to be your style” Jeonghan says interrupting his thoughts

 

“What exactly?”

 

“The tattered shirt type.”

 

Jisoo can only stare back for a few seconds until regaining composure because seriously is that really the first thing a stranger would usually notice in a new house?

 

“Right. It’s for Halloween.”

 

“In December?”

 

“For next year.”

 

“Of course. If you’re going for the abandoned boyfriend type.”

 

Jisoo was stunned for a second, with his mouth open to say something but his words were stuck at the back of this throat. 

 

Before Jisoo can finally give a retort, Jeonghan quips, “it’s kinda big for a bachelor.”

 

“I didn't know there’s a specific t-shirt size for bachelors.”

 

“I was kinda referring to your apartment.”

 

Jisoo really wants to whack himself for being slow. “Ah. Well, I was trying to prepare for something permanent. But things don't really work out the way you want them to right? I mean... never mind. Let me just show you around the apartment..”

 

Jeonghan just continues to look at him while he was saying that unnecessary litany and was he about to spill his life story on a just moved in stranger of a housemate? 


Jisoo’s apartment is the fruit of his years of saving up including his work allowances, almost every day overtime and accepting several out of the country dealings. He bought it with the idea of having a family in mind and with almost everything furnished due to time restraints (except for a few additions that he had made himself).

 

The living room is fully adorned with glass windows and glass slide doors with the view of the outside gardens. The wooden floors with tatami inspired rugs surround the two grey couches and white chic coffee table facing the big flat screen television seemingly embedded to the white wall.

 

Just a few  steps away is the kitchen  with its cherry wood counters with eveything white; white paneling, white oven, white stove, and white coffee maker. The dining area is a simple bar type table with five high white stools  and dangling lantern lights.

 

The first floor bathroom shows a more eastern inspired design with a tall bonsai plant by the shower and a Japanese style sink  with bamboo dispensers and towel counter tops. 

 

 

“If there is any problem with this bathroom or if you want to use a bath tub you are free to use the second floor bathroom as well,” Jisoo says to Jeonghan in which the latter answers with a nod.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter