Chapter Two

Descendants Of The Sun (Wonkyu Ver)

“Listen. I don’t know, okay... Well, he is so damn fine, his whole body is like a sculpture, you can help but staring at that chocolate abs...his perfect pointy nose and his thin lips, that earnest smile, oh my goodness... also he keeps staring at me like...you know the feeling right? it annoys me so much.”

“Are you drunk?” came Max’s reply.

“No, no...of course no, you bastard Max! Yah!”

“Kyuhyun.... you are an agent, a trained killer, why are you suddenly acting like a school girl blabbering about their crush? Is this the time for me to help you with your love life. I’ve been waiting this moment since forever. Kyuhyun, I am your friend, I will help you to solve your love affair with that guy.”

“You don’t help at all. Gonna hang up. “

“Wait wait.”

“Bye.” dr. Cho was welcomed by a smirk she’s been quite getting used too. “How long have you standing there?”

“Long enough to hear....can help but staring at that chocolate abs.” The captain replied coolly.

“C-Captain Choi?”

“Yes”

“Listen....It’s not like what you heard, you know...that.... I...uh...you...I mean, you really have a good body and...” Kyuhyun saw the changing in Capt.Choi’s expression and realized something. “Wait....” Damn it! I didn’t say his name though just now, he probably didn’t know it was him I was talking about.

“Sorry? You’re....talking about... wait that he is so damn fine, his whole body is like a sculpture, you can help but staring at that chocolate abs...His perfect pointy nose and his thin lips, that earnest smile.... was about me?” his surprise followed by his laughter and it made Kyuhyun’s face became as red as a tomato.

Kyuhyun just stared at the still laughing man, suddenly wanted to disappear from the earth right at that very second.

“Whoa... dr.Cho sure has a great taste for liking me.”

“W-wait...I didn’t say I like you!”

“I am okay with that, I am really okay.” He said teasingly and laughed again making Kyuhyun pouted. “That friend of yours must be really curious about me right?” Capt.Choi then took dr.Cho’s phone and took a selca with it. “Just send this to your friend so they will know how handsome this sculpture is.”

dr.Cho then looked around, annoyed and embarrassed at the same time. She then clutched her phone and run away from the captain.

“She is weird, but she’s so pretty. I like weird girl.” The captain muttered happily.

 

 

Kyuhyun kept cursing all the way to his room; he never felt such embarrassment before. Capt.Choi just couldn’t be more annoying than he already was. When Kyuhyun reached the bedroom, he jumped and covered his face with the pillow.

“How will I survive here?” he mumbled “Ugh... but, thinking about it....... Capt.Choi knows me as my sister, so.....” he smiled widely  “I don’t need to worry right?  Since I’m not staying forever. Once I finished my mission, my sister will take care all of this mess.” He blew a relief sigh...

“But how can I meet him tomorrow though? Ah....” he hit his head a few times and pouted. “I’m gonna dieee...”

After some minutes blaming his mouth for talking too much, Kyuhyun decided to take some nap and hoped that after waking up the previous incident was just a dream so he can move on with his life, unless it was not.

When he woke up, he felt his body was heavy, he wobbled his legs down to the floor and started walking outside his room.

“I need some liquor” he mumbled to no one in particular.

He jogged a little on his way to the kitchen because it was raining. He opened the door to the kitchen in hope to get some alcohol to ease his mind but was welcomed by a handsome company who was about to pour some wine to a glass.

Capt. Choi smiled and put the bottle on the kitchen counter.

“Sorry, I’ll go.” Kyuhyun spoke.

“It’s fine. It’s better to have company while drinking alcohol. Besides it’s raining now.” He smiled again, the smile that did many things to Kyuhyun’s heart.

Kyuhyun’s legs moved on its own to where Capt. Choi standing. Great! Even my legs start to disobey me Kyuhyun thought.

Kyuhyun stood resting his back on the kitchen counter rather awkwardly, he suddenly remember of what happened during the day and heat crept to his cheeks again, thankfully the Captain was taking another glass from the cupboard for Kyuhyun. He poured it in the glass while smiling at Kyuhyun.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun mumbled and drank it in one go.

“You drank pretty well, dr.Cho...”

“Good wine is heaven.” Kyuhyun beamed, holding back his fan girl’s smile towards the man before him that started his way to stand across each other and enjoyed staring at Kyuhyun drinking his wine like he was a painting. “Why don’t you drink yours?”

Capt.Choi sighed “I actually can’t drink during work. Besides I feel like drinking already seeing you drink beautifully like that.”

Kyuhyun almost choke at that word but Capt.Choi’s next move startled him more.

“...and I feel like drinking the wine with my own way.” Capt.Choi took one long stride towards Kyuhyun who was still holding the glass in his right hand. Capt.Choi held the sides of his neck, titled his head a bit and moved forward slowly till their lips met.

Capt. Choi could feel how thick and moist dr.Cho’s lips were, they were warm contrast to the cold weather that surrounded them.

It wasn’t a passionate kiss, but the kiss sent shiver through entire Kyuhyun's  body that it felt like it was his first kiss all over again. Maybe it was his first kiss, with feelings. He usually kissed during missions on his way to get information from the mark; he never felt it; he never wanted to feel anything. Feelings are inconvenient things for him, for his job, he didn’t need feelings, he thought.

Kyuhyun could feel his legs were getting jelly and he knew he couldn’t control himself to stop what they were doing, so he let the glass in his hand drop to distract Capt.Choi. As expected the sharp and fast captain caught the glass before it fell down to the floor that forced him to break the kiss.

Capt.Choi stood up again and looked at dr.Cho who was staring at him, utterly speechless, he could see a flash of weary in her eyes, the horror in her face was so palpable, but it was just a second before her face became stiff again.

“It’s late.” Was Kyuhyun said before leaving the kitchen and Capt.Choi with all his feelings shattered on the floor.

After the kissing incident, Kyuhyun always tried to avoid Capt.Choi as much as he could. No matter how much he thought it would be good for him if he could get close to the captain for his disguise, he couldn’t risk things for he was borrowing his twin’s identity.

Dr.Cho was washing her face on the bowl near the medicube, when she felt someone was watching her from side. She stood straight and found a smiling captain just two feet away from her.

Slightly taken aback by Capt. Choi’s presence, she said “Ah...you scared me.” With face still wet and a bit messy hair.

“Are you avoiding me, dr.Cho?”

“Me? No...” she said nonchalantly, while wiping away the water from her face, her strands still blocking her eyes.

Seeing that, Capt.Choi came forward and helped dr.Cho wiped away the strands on her face, tucked them behind her ears. That action made dr.Cho blushed, she turned her head away and muttered “It’s fine.”

“About the kis-”

“No, it’s....just don’t talk about it. It never happened.”

Capt.Choi seemed taken aback by it  “W-what? But  I mean it.”

“No. It was a mistake. Sorry, I need to leave.” She said walking away from the captain, but was held back by the captain on her wrist.

“Why are you like this? I know you feel the same. Did you dislike it?”

“You were wrong about me, I am not that someone who you want to have relationship with.” Her face was calm like the ocean, but her eyes were fierce tried shielding some great emotion inside.

“Did you just make a decision for me? Why didn’t you let me judge it myself?”

She shook her head weakly and sighed “I’m pretty sure you didn’t want to know, even.” She paused. “Anyway, I don’t feel the same, Captain. Sorry.”

Capt.Choi watched dr.Cho’s back getting far away from him, amused. “She’s so mysterious. It entices me more.” He smiled.

 

 

***

It was the first time for dr.Cho to visit Captain’s office, only because there was no other way for her since she needed to borrow the car to drive to town.

“What is it for dr.Cho?” Capt.Choi said on his seat, he was amused that dr.Cho came to see him in his office.

“I needed to transfer money to the leasing company, it seemed like there is no cash machine around here.”

“Well.... you are right. But the town is a bit far from here, and you don’t know the way to get there.”

Ha! You think? I already studied the road.

“It’s okay...I will-“

“I’ll accompany you. Out of people here I am the one who understands the road the most.”

What! “But...”

“It’s my job to make sure all medicube members well taken care while staying here.”

Dr.Cho looked at him annoyed.

“I won’t do anything stupid.” He chuckled

 

 

***

They got inside the car; before buckling himself, Capt.Choi helped dr.Cho with his seatbelt.

“I can do it myself.”

“This is what a gentleman should do when they ride with a woman, especially a pretty one like you.”

“Didn’t you tell me you won’t do anything stupid just now?”

“I didn’t do anything stupid, just merely stated a fact.” he grinned ear to ear

She looked away and muttered “stubborn” under her breath

“Yes?”

“No nothing...” she smiled “Ah...there is a lake around here...” trying to change the subject.

“It took almost an hour to get there. If you want, we can go there after this.”

Dr.Cho regretted it as soon as the offer came. “Well...I have works to do in the camp.”

“Yes.”

 

It took three hours to get dr.Cho’s business done and came back to the camp. Kyuhyun knew the captain was taking another road at the checkpoint, but he didn’t ask for it would be too obvious that he knew the road pretty well. The captain only stopped the car when they met the coast.

“Just some minutes.” Capt.Choi said and got out from the car, approaching the Yacht crew to rent a boat. Dr.Cho was wavered a bit when he saw Capt.Choi hopped in the boat, she then got inside the boat with the help of Capt.Choi, with slightly pouty lips.

The atmosphere changed when they reached the other side of the coast where they met a big shipwreck in the lips of the beach, covered with sands and white stoned. Dr.Cho was suddenly eager to get off from the boat and excited about the shipwreck.

“Wah pretty...” dr.Cho commented “This was a very big ship how did it end up here?”

“It was a long time ago... come here! Let’s look around.” Capt.Choi said from inside the shipwreck.

Capt.Choi took one of the stone from the shipwreck and said “People say, if you take the stone from this place, you will come back here again.”

“Really? How come the stones are still here if people keep taking them?”

“Because when they come back, they return the stone to its place.”

Dr.Cho nodded. “What are you doing?” looking at Capt.Choi who was trying to break the stone into halves.

“Take this.” He said, giving dr.Cho half of the stone. “I’ll take the other half with me.”

“Wait why?”

“So you can come back here with me.”

“Who said I want to come back here with you?”

“Because I am the one who shows you this place. Remember, you can only go back here with the stone I have for it won’t be complete if you only have yours. It’s the same with me too, I can only go back here with you.” He ended his words with an earnest smile.

“I never promise anything.” Dr.Cho hissed but kept the stone inside her purse. “Let’s go back. It’ll be dark soon.”

They came back to the coast and get inside the car with a happy feeling, Capt.Choi kept glancing at dr.Cho who was trying to get used to the attention she got. Capt.Choi was too immersed in the view beside him that he didn’t see that there was a y traps in the side of the road. The tire hit the y trap, caused their car to wobble furiously to the sides, it only stopped in the edge of the clip, with the front tires hanging in the air.

Capt.Choi glanced at dr.Cho and was relieved when he found dr.Cho was alright.

“Are you hurt?”

“No, I’m fine. Are you?”

“Me too. Dr.Cho, I don’t think this car will bear both of us for too long once I release the brake.”

Dr.Cho nodded in agreement. “We need to get out.”

“We have not time for it either. On my mark, take a deep breath, we’ll going down to the water.”

“What?”

“There’s no other way. It’ll be fine, you’ll be fine.” He reassured. “I'll start counting. One...two...”

Dr.Cho could only nod weakly, he didn’t hate height or pain...he had no problem with falling, gunshots, blood.......he just hated one thing.....

“Three.”

 

water

 

It took a millisecond for the car to meet the water, the same time the airbag deployed. their surrounding suddenly went mute, dr.Cho's mind gone blank like she was just hit by a thunder, she fainted. Capt.Choi was fast enough to gain his conscious and jabbed the balloon with his knife to get them out of the car.

Capt. Choi swam across the other side of the car and opened the door, taking the fainted dr.Cho out. Reaching the lip of the ocean, Capt. Choi let dr.Cho unresponsive body down on the sands.

He pushed her chest with both hands a few times, but still got no response from the doctor, he pumped harder and gave -to-mouth breathing, only by then that her chest rise and she started to cough, throwing out water from .

“Dr.Cho! dr.Cho! Cho Kyuyeon!”

Instead of responding Capt.Choi, she mumbling incoherently “Dad...I’m sorry.” She cried in her unconsciousness. She curled into a ball and covered her face with her hands. “I am wrong... I am sorry, I am a bad son.”

 

TBC

(angst chapter is on the way)

 

regards,

Serena H