Chapter Three

Descendants Of The Sun (Wonkyu Ver)

“Dr.Cho! Dr.Cho! Cho Kyuyeon!”

Instead of responding Capt.Choi, she mumbled incoherently “Dad...I’m sorry.” She cried in her unconsciousness. She curled into a ball and covered her face with her hands. “I am wrong... I am sorry, I am a bad son.”

“Dr.Cho? It’s me....its Capt. Choi.... don’t worry, no one is going to hurt you.” He gathered dr.Cho who was still sobbing in his arm. “It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m here.”

Gaining her conscious, dr.Cho finally aware of her surroundings.

“Hey, are you alright?”

Dr.Cho tried to sit up but Capt.Choi held her firm. “It’s okay. I have called the base; they will come in ten minutes to pick us up.”

Dr.Cho nodded weakly, she didn’t feel like talking to anyone, she just want to lie in the warm chest some more. When the car finally arrived, Capt.Choi took off his uniform to cover dr.Cho’s upper body and helped her walked to the car and let her rest her head on his shoulder. It was weird to see how weak dr.Cho with water, Capt.Choi learned that she hated water, probably got bad experience in the past. He had many questions in his head about what she said during her consciousness, but he saved it for later.

 

 

***

“Hey...” Capt.Choi said when he was welcomed to enter Dr.Cho’s room in medicube. “How are you feeling?” he said holding two cups of tea. They walked inside the room where there were two wooden chairs near the window.

“I am feeling better. Thank you for saving my live.” Dr.Cho accepted the cup and held it in his palms, the warmth radiated through his skin.

Capt.Choi sipped his tea while looking at the pale beauty in front of him “I didn’t know you have an issue with water. If I knew it, I’ll find other way to get us out from the situation.”

Dr.Cho looked through her eyelashes. She turned her head towards the window “I was just scared that I didn’t even hold my breath when we’re falling”

Capt.Choi waited for her to continue the story but she halted there and changed the topic immediately.

“Ah! I just remember...” she stood up and walked to the door, pulling a shirt from the hanger. “Your uniform.”

“Oh, yes.” He took it and folded it in his laps.

“Anyway Captain, when I got drenched...”

“Of course I saw it!” he said in excitement.

“What?!” Dr.Cho almost spilled the tea at the confession.

What did he see? Did he see my true self? Did he find out that I am not dr.Cho? Impossible....I still wore my shirt when the soldiers came.

“I saw it very clearly; your shirt was transparent when it got wet. But don’t worry... when the others arrived, I put my uniform around you so it was only me who saw it.”

“Only you? What did you see exactly, Captain?”

“Should I mention the colour you’re wearing at that time?” he giggled.

It’s a relief he didn’t see anything else “Yah! ert! You should cover my body since the first you got me out from water.”

“I was so worried about you to even care about it at that time. I pushed your chest to get you breathing but you didn’t. I thought I was losing you.” He contemplated then continued “But my kiss woke you up. Well, it was mouth to mouth breathing...” he giggled again

Dr.Cho blushed at the words but knitted her eyebrow at the realisation “are you expecting this conversation to turn into a romantic scene like in the movie?” she suspected

“I don’t! Whoa...dr.Cho...whoa...are you hoping to do something like that? Really? You want to do it now?”

“I don’t! What are you talking about!” heat crept to her cheeks and it made her nervous.

“I don’t know that you like me that much, doctor...”

“Alright, visiting hours is up. The patient need to rest.” Dr.Cho said while standing up. “You can leave now sir...” she pushed the captain to walk out from her room and Capt.Choi just laughed at her antic, he went out from the room with smile because the doctor just sent him the nicest goodnight. He held his cheek that just had dr.Cho’s lips a few second ago.

“Goodnight.” He whispered under his breath

Because of that accident, dr.Cho had to take a full day rest the next day. So when she finally got herself to work, she had to look at through the reports from the medicube staffs about medicine and their findings.

The team just found out that there is a village around here that was hidden from eyes, they moved around to places and slept in the tent. They found it out after checking the kid’s condition after got caught eating metal outside the camp.

They also found out that some of the kids were having bad stomach issues from eating unhygienic foods. So for two days, the medicube staffs, including dr.Cho was busy with the works that she hardly noticed the captain’s absence in the camp.

When she finally aware about it, she asked one of the soldier about Captain’s whereabouts. “Captain got a call” was all he said. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but worried. All his life he only got a few people he cared for, his family and his best friend. Then suddenly he felt such a strong bond with the captain, yet he knew it wouldn’t take them anywhere, because once he finished the mission, he would disappear.

“Dr.Cho!” Kyuhyun turned around to the source of voice calling, and he found Capt.Choi standing there with the same smile he liked so much, his heart leapt in excitement he never felt before. But Capt.Choi’s eyes told him something was not right.

“Captain?”

The latter walked hastily towards dr.Cho “I want to ask you for a favour.”

“What is it?”

Instead of answering, Capt.Choi coming closer then hugging dr.Cho instead; he had his arms around her shoulders very tight. Dr.Cho was too startled to do anything. He just let the handsome man hold her in his arms, she could hear the sound of heartbeats in their joint chest, and she was not sure whose heartbeats were the loudest.

What happened? Are you alright? Are you hurt somewhere? Are you in pain?

The hold lasted for a minute; Capt.Choi finally released her from the sudden tight embrace and was welcomed by a confused look from the latter.

“What is it?” she said groggily “Why did you suddenly hug me? Is something happened?”

Capt.Choi smiled weakly “I am not sure too, I only know it was the right thing to do.”

She knitted her eyebrows “Are you alright? Why are you-”

“I wasn’t. But after holding you in my arms, I feel better, a lot.” Capt.Choi touched the crook of dr.Cho’s neck. “Did you miss me?”

“Yah! Don’t just hug people all of sudden like that!” she jabbed Capt.Choi’s left chest

“Ah. It hurts.” He flinched and crouched down.

“W-whoa! Are you okay? I didn’t hit you too strong though.”

“Ah...hurts.” Capt.Choi said again while holding the part on his upper chest. He pulled his shirt and showed the bandage on his chest.

“Crap! Let’s get inside.”

Captain Choi was sitting on the patient bed facing the doctor who was examining his wound; it had blood stain in the white cloth. Dr.Cho took the bandage off and met a wet deep wound; it looked like the wound was taken care so hastily.

She cleaned the wound in silent “This was a gunshot wound. Did you remove the bullet yourself?”

“How do you know it is a ballistic trauma?”

“I am a doctor, I know.”

“Not every doctor knows what a gunshot wound looks like.”

“Well, I’ve seen this before. And from the depth of the wound, you got it from a close distance, less than ten meters, I supposed.” while kept treating the wound.

“Your knowledge about gunshot is very particular.”

Dr.Cho smiled and applied a new bandage on the wound. “It also makes me wonder how you got this wound.” She smirked, the fierce eyes Capt.Choi rarely seen from her. “This was a very close proximity gun fighting but it missed the fatal point.”

Capt.Choi stared intensely at the pretty doctor; he was left speechless by the doctor.

“By any chance, did you trust the wrong people?”

“Are you interrogating me, beautiful?” he smirked, lifting one eyebrow.

“Well, depends on how you see it...” she rested his back on the table next to the bed, gazing gently at the soldier.

“You’ve taken care my wound prettily.” He put back his shirt on and got off from the bed to walk closer to the doctor. “I should thank you properly.”

“That is my job. I have to make sure all the soldiers well taken care while they are serving the country.”

“All soldiers?”

“Yep.” Dr.Cho nodded

“Ah... I feel hurt a bit. Can I be a special soldier for this pretty doctor?” approaching the doctor closer and closer till their legs met.

Capt.Choi carded his fingers through her forelock while never leaving his gaze on the brown round doll eyes.

Kyuhyun knew he failed when he let the captain rested his palms on the sides of his face, titling it a little while his face came forward to join perfectly in their lips. Kyuhyun was on cloud nine that after their first proper kiss in the kitchen, they finally kissed again and this time both of them were ready to do so.

Kyuhyun never dreamed about loving, he was hard to accept people into his life, not after what happened during his childhood; he never dreamed to kiss someone, especially not so handsome and charming like the captain, not this way where his hands rested casually on the muscular back and their breath was so in sync. He never dreamed to have this amount of needs to touch, to feel love and be loved by someone who just walked into his life, changed his habits and made him wanted again.

Kyuhyun panted when they finally let go of each other, despite his unstable breathing, the urge to kiss the captain again was so huge, this time he didn’t resist. He pulled the captain closer and offered him a long passionate kiss. He was overwhelmed by the feelings, it was like walking above the cloud, everything was so bright and he was dazzled.

Kyuhyun was carried away by the way Capt.Choi indulging his lips with his warm tongue that he didn’t realize when that muscular hands started creeping inside his short pants and pulled something out.

Then suddenly the time stopped tickling...

“I wonder how a beautiful doctor like you going around carrying a knife attached in her thigh without hurting herself in the process. Very skillful aren’t we?” The kiss was forced stop with Capt.Choi’s hand pulling the small knife strapped to her thigh through her short pants. Even before dr.Cho reacted to what the captain did, the captain already moved the knife in motion cutting off two buttons of her white shirt. It revealed her clavicle and part of her chest, there was a series of numbers on her skin.

“What are you doing!!” dr.Cho’s perplexed face was palpable; she pulled her shirt together to cover his body. “What are you talking about? Why did you attack me!?” she backed away, defensive.

“You got nice skin and body, no wonder you could fool everyone, fake doctor.”

Kyuhyun couldn’t hide his surprise when the captain said that while playing with the knife that had been with him for years. He was too careless by involving feelings in the mission.

“What are you talking about? You just attacked a doctor with false accusation captain!”

“I’ve seen enough.” He said sternly, legs moved to a well-balanced stance, anger in his eyes. “I couldn’t wait it any longer to strip you bare, conman.”

Damn! I got caught! But that was hardly the thing he was thinking at that time, since when? How did he know? All these affections....were they fake? Just to get him to this point?

“Now, tell me where dr.Cho is?” Capt.Choi said, knife ready in his front hand.

Kyuhyun was too preoccupied with his own jumbled thoughts. He hardly paid attention when the captain moved forward about to attack him. He was knocked down to the same table where they just shared a passionate kiss less than a minute ago.

His own knife which was held by the captain placed just a millimetre away from his throat, ready to slice his skin.

“Answer me when I am still nice.” Capt.Choi whispered.

It was so hard for Kyuhyun to react brutally or fight back the captain while staring at those brown eyes; the same pair of eyes that made him felt loved.

“Since when?” he replied which made the captain smirked.

“For a quite some times. Uhm...was it when we fell to the sea? Ah I think it was.” He smirked again and it hurt Kyuhyun like a stabbing pain in his chest. He couldn’t control his trembling body from reacting to the fact that his first love broke his heart for the first time.

His eyes might give it away that Capt.Choi flashed a worried look just a second before he went cold again.

“Don’t be whippy about it, conman. It won’t affect me anymore. But I have to admit, your acting skill is excellent.”

Enough.

With his right foot, Kyuhyun kick Capt.Choi on his shin hard enough to make him moved back a little, even though he injured his throat in the process. That gave Kyuhyun a chance to fight back, empty handed. He was in the position with no options other than trying to avoid the knife attack with his hands.

Kyuhyun was pushed further and with his head knocked to the wall and the knife scratched his left arm, somewhat it distracted Capt.Choi for a millisecond and Kyuhyun used that chance to send his right kick which made the knife in the captain’s hand flew away. Both of them tried to retrieve the knife, but one person got it faster.

They stood up facing each other just less than three meters away, with Capt.Choi holding the knife in his front hand, while Kyuhyun had a handgun on his hands, pointing at the captain.

Kyuhyun smirked at the Captain who just lose his handgun from the holster “Don’t be too distracted, Captain.”

“Not anymore.” He returned the same smirk, playing with the ballistic knife. Capt.Choi had learned that the knife had a detachable blade that could be ejected by pressing the trigger just like how a gun works. “Now I wonder....with this kind of skill you had, what did happen to you that make you scared of water... kitten.”

Kyuhyun flinched at the words and he couldn’t hide his surprise.

Something happened when he saved me from the water and he lied about it

“You keep saying ‘sorry dad, I am a bad son’. I thought you might get an episode or nightmare...but you said it many times and very clear and also the tattoo in your chest, it was a code right?”

“You’ve known all along...” yet you played with my feelings. He gritted his teeth

“I was about to ask you at that time, but I was hesitant, so I tried to figure it out myself. Then that time I held you in my arms, the way you explained about shotgun wounds and this knife on your thigh.”

“Whatever you think. I don’t intend any harm here. I was just doing my job.”

Capt.Choi scoffed “I don’t buy it, now tell me where dr.Cho is and who the hell you are? Who is your boss? What’s your mission?”

“She is in a safe place. I am doing this to keep her alive.” His arm started trembling from the open wound in his skin; the blood kept dripping from it.

“You know I am good at hand-in-hand combat, you probably already looked it through my profile, so I suggest you to put the gun down, because I am sure even before you pulled the trigger, this ballistic knife would fly to your chest, break it open. And..... I don’t think you have enough strength to pull the trigger, judging by the blood in your hand.”

He threw the gun towards Capt.Choi. “Go shoot me or stab me. I will reveal nothing.”

“You know.... I will spare your live if you tell me where she is.”

“She is in a safe place.”

“Bastard!”

“Stop!” commander Kim burst in “It’s true. She is in a safe place.”

“Sir...I don’t understand. He is a conman.”

Commander Kim walked closer towards dr.Cho while taking off his coat, covered dr.Cho’s body with it and said “Go treat your wound and make sure no one notices.”

“Wait. Did you just let him go sir?”

“We should talk in my office, now.”

 

 

***

“He is an agent assigned by the president.”

“Agent?”

“Dr.Cho is working on something classified, to lessen the suspicion, someone had to be here as dr.Cho, that’s why agent 203 is here. Capt.Choi, you almost ruined the mission and made dr.Cho’s live in danger.”

“I don’t understand sir. How is this even possible? Are you part of the mission?”

“I am assigned together with agent 203, I can’t tell you more. I hope you stay silent about it until everything is back to normal. From now on, do not interfere the mission with your careless actions.”

“Yes sir.”

 

 

 

 

TBC

(just two more chapters for this fic)

regards

Serena H