When He Became Golden

Our Baby Bunny Golden Maknae

Jin’s POV

I woke up early as usual, I was getting ready to go out of our shared room to cook breakfast when I realized that someone is missing, our maknae. I was about to go out to look for him when the door opened and there comes our maknae, looking fresh which makes him look much more younger than he already is. “I assume you took a bath already?” I asked our Kookie with a smile. “Yes, Jin hyung I did, I hope you don’t mind?” he softly answered/asked. “Of course I don’t mind Kookie-ah, you woke up so early, did Joonie’s snoring bothered you, are you not comfortable in your bed?”I asked worriedly. “No hyung, I can literally sleep through anything, Namjoon hyung’s snoring did not bother me at all and I’m perfectly fine in my bed, I just want to shower earlier” he answered. “Where are you going hyung?” he added. “I was just about to go to the kitchen to cook our breakfast, want to help me?” I said. “I love to hyung” he excitedly answered.

We both went to the kitchen, Kookie is a good assistant, more than good actually, and he follows my instructions and perfectly executes them. Guess I found my kitchen buddy (only if he wants to be actually).

 

Yoongi’s POV

I woke up last given the fact that I am the only one remaining in the room. I was about to stand up and go out to look for others when I heard a faint conversation behind the door (‘who’s gonna wake him up Hobbie hyung? ’- scared voice of Chimchim , ‘Definitely not me Jimin-ah, I seriously still have hope for a better future don’t want to die young’- panicky voice of Hobbie, ‘Can I give it a try hyungs?, Jin hyung clearly instructed us to wake up yoongi hyung’ – soft voice of Kookie, ‘No Kookie, you can’t die young, you’re just 13 you even look like a baby and we haven’t travelled other planets together yet’ – the deep voice of the weird Taetae, ‘But Tae hyung, we can’t stand here waiting without even knowing when does Yoongi hyung plans to get up’ – soft voice of Kookie). Instead of waiting for them to finally decide, I just opened the door and been awarded by shocked faces of Hoseok, Jimin and V, and an awkward smile from the maknae.

 

Taehyung’s POV

We need to be congratulated really badly and Kookie must be awarded as soon as possible. Why? Because we just managed to come up alive after we planned to disrupt the precious sleep of our Yoongi hyung. All credit goes to the awkward yet still charming smile of our maknae. We’ve done eating breakfast as usual Jin hyung cooked and surprisingly he got help from Kookie. Jin hyung praised Kookie for being exceptionally good for a first timer and we praised them for creating a delicious meal but the maknae just modestly said that it was all Jin hyung and all he did was follow his instructions. But Jin hyung will not have any of it and invited Kookie to be his apprentice of some sort (kitchen buddy as Jin hyung love to call it) and of course our adorable Kookie immediately accepted the offer. I really wanted to volunteer because I’m still in the process of recruiting our maknae to be my buddy too but I know that Jin hyung will not allow me to enter ‘his’ kitchen ever again after the mess I and Jimin made the last time. But I am Taehyung, I can find a way of recruiting the maknae without entering the kitchen. I am laughing internally right now.

 

Hoseok’s POV

We are in our practice room right now waiting for our dance teacher, as usual I’m loud along with Jimin and Taehyung, Jimin and I are laughing to whatever Tae is doing. Jin hyung, Yoongi hyung and Namjoon are talking while our maknae is being his silent, shy self in the corner watching the three of us fool around, he smiles occasionally which is really so cute. When he smiles with teeth, he looks like a bunny but when he shy smiles he really looks like an angel. After few minutes of waiting, our dance/cheorography teacher, Sung Deuk hyung arrives. We all stand up and greeted him and he greeted as back, when Namjoon is ready to introduce Kookie to Sung Deuk hyung, he beats Namjoon to it when he automatically hug Kookie once he saw him and Kookie hugs him back with a smile on his face. What is going on? That may be the question in every members mind except for Kookie. “You know each other?” Namjoon is finally himself and asked the very question that everyone wanted an answer to. “Yes of course, Kook here is one of my best students” Sung Deuk hyung answered which brought up more question. “He’s one of your students? Where? When? How?” I finally asked. “Woaahh, too many questions but I’ll try to answer everything. Kook and I met, more or less two months ago, that was the time he was invited by Bang PDnim, and by the way if you don’t know Kook here was invited by 8 companies but chose to go here. When we first met, he had not tried dancing yet, he was awkward. Bang PDnim then decided to let Kook come with me to America to train for a month and then bang, after just a month, he can practically dance to every song of every genre.” Sung Deuk hyung lengthily responded. Our mouths are literally open the moment Sung Deuk hyung finished. “Waaaahhhh, that’s great, can you show us Kookie?” Chimchim is practically glowing of excitement while asking the maknae. “I’m not that good hyungs, Cher, you are giving me too much credit.” Kookie shyly answered. “Don’t be too modest Kook, you’re great, you know it, everyone who saw you dance knows it” Sung Deuk hyung said. “Please Kookie, show us, I love dancing too and they said I’m good and I believe them” I playfully said. “Ok hyungs, just don’t expect too much please” he finally gave in. Sung Deuk hyung was the operator, he started with a slow song, Kookie’s movements is on point, precise, powerful, passionate, I can practically feel the vibe and understand the song through his dancing. Hyung changed the songs a lot of times with different genre and Kookie was amazing with every song. I know in my heart and soul that I am a great dancer, but Kookie is entirely different species, he is a natural. We all clapped and showered our maknae with praises and the poor cute little baby is blushing.

 

Jimin’s POV

After the dance practice, we are all delighted with the fact that our Kookie is a great dancer, I am personally happy because, there will be an addition to our ‘dance line’, and Kookie is a revitalizing addition. We (Jin hyung, Taetae, Kookie and me) are now waiting for our vocal teacher while Namjoonie hyung, Yoongi hyung and Hobbie hyung are waiting for their rap teacher. Both teachers came at the same time. After the greetings, we immediately started the practice. The vocal line will go first, Jin hyung then me, then Tae and lastly Kookie. When it was Kookie’s turn, everyone (the members) was obviously excited to finally hear the singing voice of our maknae and our eventual main vocalist. He looks nervous, and while looking at him being nervous, I feel anxious all of the sudden but that feeling immediately washed away the moment he open his mouth and sing.

IU - Only I Didn’t Know

Jeongmal neon da ijoeotdeora

You really forgot everything

Bangapge nal boneun neoui eolgul boni

When I see your welcoming face

Geujeya eoryeompushi apaodeora

Then I started to feel vaguely hurt

Sae sal chaoreuji mothan sangcheoga

A wound that can’t heal itself

Nummureun heureujil anteora

My tears wouldn’t flow

Ibyeorira haneun ge daedanchido mothaeseo

Breaking up wasn’t even a big deal

Ireoke bojalgeo seobseoseo

Because it’s worthless

Joheon ibyeoriran geo, gyeolguk sesangen eomneun iriraneun geol

A pleasant goodbye, ultimately there can be no such thing

Aratdamyeon geuttae charari da ureoldul geol

If I knew I would have cried it all out then

Geuttae imi naraneun geon negen kkeuchieot daneun geon

By then you were done with me

Naman mollaesseotdeon iyagi

A story only I didn’t know

 

Sarangeun unieotdeora

It wasn’t love

Nae gyeote meolmuldeon shiganieosseul ppun

It was just time spent next to you

Ijeya euryeompushi al geotman gata

Now I think I know what it feels to be vaguely hurt

Wae neon mianhaesseo yaman haenneunji

Why you had to be sorry?

Naega neomu deultteosseonna bwa

Maybe I was too excited

Tteonaneun sunganmajeo gidaereul haesseotdani

You anticipated the moment you would leave

Eolmana ooseuwotdeon geoni

How amusing was it for you?

Joheon ibyeoriran geo, gyeolguk sesangen eomneun iriraneun geol

A pleasant goodbye, ultimately there can be no such thing

Aratdamyeon geuttae charari da ureoldul geol

If I knew I would have cried it all out then

Geuttae imi naraneun geon negen kkeuchieot daneun geon

By then you were done with me

Naman mollaesseotdeon iyagi

A story only I didn’t know

I don’t know what happened but I was teary eyed when he finished the song, when I look at everyone else, Hobbie hyung actually let few tears out and the rest looked like solemnly touched. Kookie is great. I don’t how angels really sounds but I’m betting my money that Kookie sounded like an angel singing, his voice is soft, soothing, emotional, he can bring out the meaning of the song through his voice. He is already this good and he’s 13, I know that by practice and as he gets older he will be much better than he already is. I have faith in my own voice that is why when we haven’t met Kookie yet and Bang PDnim told us that the new member is our main vocalist I was a little down but now I know why, he deserves the spot.

 

Namjoon’s POV

There are a lot of surprises for the day and it all concerns our Kookie, I thought his singing voice was the last of it but I was so wrong. When Yoongi hyung, Hobbie and I finished our solo rapping performance, our rap teacher called Kookie to do a rap. “Hyung, Kookie is from the vocal line” Yoongi hesitatingly said. “I know Yoongi, but he’s part of the rap line too as instructed by Bang PDnim. I haven’t heard him yet, that is why I’m asking to do a performance” our rap teacher answered. “But you did give him time to prepare hyung” Hobbie worriedly said. While they are having a conversation, the very subject of concern is already up in the center and silently waiting for instructions. I don’t really know what to expect, I heard his singing voice and it is soft, very soothing so I don’t know how will he do in rap. In the end of the exchange of statements, Kookie had to do his rap, yes, he was nervous but he did not complain for the spontaneous request/order.  And then he opens his mouth..

Epik High – Lesson 1 (Tablo’s Word)

Yeah, People, Attention

Education, Knowledge

Huh, yeah, I got something to say to my teachers

Genius is not the answer to all questions

It’s the question to all answers

Brothers and sisters

Come and listen

 

Do we learn math to add the dead sums?

Subtract the weak ones, count cash for great ones?

Do we multiply but divide the nation

Break down like fractions; send our sons away to die

Do we learn science in defiance of faith?

To make alliance with fakes for an appliance’s sake?

We ask for the real to make artificial intelligence

To make smarter kills of other’s presidents

Why do we learn history?

To fix stories for the guilty

Make angels look filthy and devils look milky

If the victor writes the books then what have we won?

Are we battleships of authorship a rich man’s guns

Do we learn to read to receive the lies, to deceive the eyes from seeing between the lines?

Do we use words to bring forth sticks and stones, to sing songs of hate that fill the streets with bones

Unseen or heard, a king with words

Tablo, lyrical assassin

Make me vision

Fopr better livin

Unseen or heard, a king with words

Tablo, lyrical assassin

Make me vision

I’m the truth

Is a day job more than self-slavery?

When were locked watching the clock impatiently

We sweat for the dollar bills, the checks, and the credit cards

But the dollar kills, breaks the necks of our inner hearts

If the police are role models for the righteous,

Why does justice depend on guns and nightsticks?

Mr. Officer, don’t punish me, with brutality

The streets got me singing Marvin Gaye off-key

Why do we need church to get to heaven’s gates?

Can holy water quench the thirst of those whose fates

Started in the wrong place with the wrong face?

Can the poor and the hungry survive solely on grace?

Can this rap game ever bring changes?

When MCs would rather floss a cross than be saviors?

Will I last in this game, be blasted with shame

Will I stand for my name and never blaspheme for fame?

Unseen or heard, a king with words

Tablo, lyrical assassin

Make me vision

Fopr better livin

Unseen or heard, a king with words

Tablo, lyrical assassin

Make me vision

I’m the truth

When Kookie raps, he change into someone confident, far from the shy boy he really is. When he finished, I have to manually close my mouth. Shock is an understatement; the boy is good, great even. I don’t know how he did it given the fact that he sings emotionally but he did it. He’s freaking good in rapping too. The next thing we know, we envelop our now back to shy maknae into a group hug. “That’s it, from now on, you are our golden maknae” I declared. And that ladies and gentlemen is the birth of our GOLDEN MAKNAE.

 

 

 

A/N: I don't have time to reread what I've written and with that I would like to apologize in advance for whatever mistakes. Thank you!