Day 1: Sleep, sandwiches and Music

Roadtrip!!!

Becca opened her eyes and shifted, sitting up straighter. She had been leaning against the door, sleeping soundly. Some fabric fell off her upper body and upon further inspection, she recognized it as one of Jungkooks bomber jackets. She turned her head and looked at the boy.

“Hey” he whispered quietly, smiling at her. She smiled back and looked at Maya, who was sleeping in the back. Looking back at Jungkook, she reached over and grabbed his hand. He squeezed it before letting go and putting it on the wheel again.

“You were cold so I put my jacket over you. You forgot your own again didn’t you?” Jungkook said after a moment of silence. “Yeah, I did” Becca said, putting his jacket on and snuggling into it for extra warmth. “How long has she been sleeping?”

Jungkook looked at Maya’s sleeping body in the rearview mirror. “About two hours. You slept for about three” he answered.

Becca nodded and got her phone out, checking for messages. She realized the other members had called her multiple times and figured they had called Jungkook and Maya as well. She decided to call Namjoon, knowing he would either put her on speaker and talk or not.

Jungkook parked the car, making her look up from her phone. “Pee break” was all Jungkook said, getting out of the car. Becca chuckled and got out of the car as well, stretching a bit. “You go ahead, I’m just gonna call Joonie back” she said, keeping an eye on the sleeping girl in the car.

Jungkook gave her a thumbs up and ran to the public restroom the gas station had.

“Becca where the are you and why is Jungkook not here, he has schedules you know that” was the first thing Namjoon said as he picked up.

“Relax, we’re out. We’ll be back after eight days” she said.

“What??!!” six different voices yelled. So he had put her on speaker after all. Becca sighed.

“PDnim gave Maya and me the okay to take Jungkook on a road trip, especially since he was admitted to the hospital a while ago. He agreed that Jungkook worked too hard and that he should get some time off. He said he would tell you” Becca explained, smiling at Maya, who had just woken up and stumbled out of the car.

“Right, we haven’t heard from him yet, but that may be because it’s early. I can trust you two to take care of him?” Jin asked.

Becca wrapped her arm around Maya’s shoulders and let the girl lean on her. “Jup, I aced my martial art classes, we’ll be fine” she said.

After a bit more of reassuring, she hung up and kissed Maya’s cheek. “Morning babe” she whispered. Maya grumbled back, muttering about chicken.

“We’re not having chicken for breakfast” Jungkook said, handing the both of them a couple of sandwiches he bought at the gas station. Maya immediately tore her package open and wolfed her chicken sandwich down.

Becca thanked Jungkook and dug into her chicken and bacon sandwich. Jungkook smiled and watched the two girls eat messily. He dug into his own sandwich and finished before the girls, throwing the trash away and made his way to the driver’s seat.

“Wait no kiss for me?” Maya pouted. Jungkook rolled his eyes, but backtracked and kissed her nose. “Good morning babe” he said softly, getting into the car. Maya climbed back into the back, smiling happily. Becca jumped up and down and shook her legs, before she got in as well.

 

////

 

“What even is this music?” Jungkook groaned, the loud club music blasting from the speakers. Becca grinned and turned the volume up when a particular drop she liked came up. “This is the Chainsmokers performance at the Ultra Music Festival 2016” she yelled over the music.

“I’m kinda liking this a lot” Maya yelled, jamming out to the music with Becca.

Becca flashed her a thumbs up and laughed, jamming out to the drop. Jungkook groaned again and was tempted to hit his head on the wheel. His girlfriends had interesting music tastes.

“How long is this even” he asked. “An hour” Maya yelled, checking Becca’s phone for other songs.

“Oh wait, this one seems nice” she said, clicking on the song. Becca immediately perked up when she heard the opening notes. “Yes”

This song was an instrumental only, no lyrics were sung. The beat was gentle, soft piano notes thrown in. Jungkook bobbed his head to the beat, liking it. “This is nice” Maya said, sending the song to herself.

Becca smiled sadly, staring out the window, watching the world run by. Jungkook threw a quick glance her way and silently rested his hand on her thigh. Becca intertwined their fingers together. Maya was silently fangirling in the back, snapping pictures of the two in front. They were so cute.

Just as the song came to its end, Becca looked back at Maya and smiled into the camera, giving Maya the best picture of her girlfriend yet.

 

////

 

“I need sleep” Jungkook groaned.

“There’s a motel” Maya pointed to the side of the highway. Jungkook immediately drove that way. Becca giggled and got out of the car as soon as it was parked. “I’ll go get us a room, be right back” she disappeared inside the main building.

Jungkook sighed and looked back at Maya, a tired smiled gracing his lips. “You okay?” she asked, gently rubbing his neck. He hummed in agreement, closing his eyes and relaxing under her touch.

“Cute”

They looked up. Becca grinned while holding her phone up. “I got us a room, let’s go” she said, grabbing some bags. Maya got out and grabbed the rest. Jungkook silently followed them.

Becca led them to the room she had gotten and Jungkook collapsed onto the bed. “ing finally” he exclaimed, closing his eyes and drifting off.

Becca and Maya grinned and dropped the bags. They silently made their way back out and walked to the grocery store nearby, going to buy some much needed snacks and drinks.

 


A/N: 

Songs mentioned in this chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2KOULJJtk (This isn't really a song, but more of a peformance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCJD-SXdDM 

Hope you enjoyed the story so far!!