Three

Within One Constellation

---------------------------------------------------------------------A/N-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

So I just have to put some sort of a warning here before  you read this chapter. If you're not comfortable with character death or some gory details you might not want to read further. I just really have to include that part because it was necessary for the story, but trust me it's not that bad. I also want to say thank you once again for each and every beautiful person who upvoted, subscribed, commented or simply read a paragraph or two. I appreciate all of you. I know this fic is freaking confusing and that's why I feel grateful to all of you who were interested. You guys made me feel that I wasn't alone in the world. (haha cheesy)

 

I am also open to suggestions, or maybe questions? If you have any, just leave a comment here and I'll try my best to answer them or you can talk to me at twitter (@cheonsakyeom).

 

♥♥♥

 

Two men stood outside an abandoned building, watching the chaos in front of them. The door of the bar across the street flew open and two men stumbled outside. Fists flying aimlessly due to their drunken state. Inside was much worse, chairs, bottle and other things were flying around, and the smell of alcohol, sweat and pride hung heavily in the air. Curses were thrown here and there, like lyrics of a horrible background music. 

"Are we really going to wait until one of them dies?" one of the men said. 

"Murder is always the worst sin of all Jun, and I was also looking forward to some bloodshed tonight" he smiled at the man named Jun, his sharp canines glinting in the moonlight.

"Oh yeah! I forgot who you were before you descended, Mr. Mingyu the Mass Murderer" Jun replied, each word laced with sarcasm.

Mingyu was about to say something wise to him when he noticed a group of men walking towards them. He recognized them in an instant and he started to walk away trying to yank Jun with him but it was too late, his eyes were already glued to the young boy leading the group. Blond curly hair, a head shorter than Mingyu, slim built but with fierce eyes. His Mark blazing gold on his forehead.

"Minghao," Jun whispered. Everything hit him all at once, memories flashing before his eyes in quick succession. This was the curse every Son of Nebula bear. Unlike the Sons of Sirius who ascended to Andromeda fresh, pure and innocent, Voidans retain their memory and the most vivid of them all was their last one — The memory of how they died.

"What are you two doing here?" Minghao said when his group approached the two, but he didn't have to ask, one quick glance to what was happening across the street and he already knew the answer. Mingyu caught his eye movement and smiled "That has nothing to do with us," he pointed towards the chaos, more men were pouring out of the club to the streets and to Mingyu's delight, he saw a pool of blood near the door. "We were just passing by, but you know us, we always love a good show, so we decided to stay and watch."

Minghao knew he was lying but did not say a word about it. Instead, he said, "You can not interfere with their fate."

"And neither can you angel, so what are you doing here?" he waited for an answer but the other just glared at him. Interfering with the life of a Gaian was against The Law. No Andromedan nor Voidan may kill a Gaian. They also can not influence their decisions and choices, Gaians must function in their Free Will alone, but Voidans always found a way around this rule. "Come on Jun, it's boring here, let's go somewhere else" he yanked Jun's arm harder this time and both of them started to walk.

 "Things are about to change my dear angel boy, you better report that to your new Overseer," Mingyu said without looking back. 

---

Jun stared ahead, letting his feet (or more like Mingyu) drag him away. He thought that the pain he was feeling was the worst torment possible. He remembered it clearly as if it happened just yesterday. The first time he met Minghao, an Unfortunate who was employed by his family to work as their houseboy. Jun's family was very influential in their part of the town, running the biggest gambling den, and so he always knew that he will end up in The Void when he dies. He grew up watching his parents throw away money as if they were leaves that fell from a tree. He watched them torture people to extort money and take away everything they own if they will not pay their dues. Everything in his world was dark, not until he met Minghao. All of the boys his age was afraid of him and never even meet his eyes, but this golden boy looked at him and smiled as if he was a delicate flower, beautiful and must be loved. He never let Minghao out of his sight after that, they always stick together, which changed him bit by bit. All the darkness in his heart was chased away by his light, by his love. He taught him how to be polite, to be kind, and how to respect others. There was a small part in him that started to believe he could change, and he could be good and ascend to Andromeda with Minghao, but that small hope in him was shattered into pieces when one day, he went home and found Minghao's body swimming in a pool of blood — his blood. His parents realized that Minghao was influencing him and decided to end it right then and there, without having a second thought. "Just a silly little Unfortunate, we can get you a new one" his father had said. Jun's body went rigid, he sat there cradling his lifeless body against him. 

"Get away from him!" his mother had ordered, but he didn't move an inch, he cried and cried until he noticed the gun lying next to Minghao. He knew then what they were planning, they will tell him that he took away his own miserable life but Jun knew better. He reached for the weapon, pointed it at his own temple then  —

BANG!

"Jun!" Mingyu caught him before his knees hit the ground. "Sit down you little weakling," he said as Jun slumped down on the ground leaning against the side of a brick wall. He squatted in front of him so that their eyes met "There. Feeling better?"

Jun did not answer. He just took deep breaths before he said "You're right. Murder is the worst sin of all."

---

"You!" Seungkwan exclaimed. His face was a mixture of recognition and shock. It was one thing to bump into someone like him in town, but it's another to see a creature like him rise out of the lake. Especially this lake, it's an unmarked one, a nameless lake that only a few Gaians knew about, which was the reason why they chose to camp out here. 

"Isn't it a bit rude to greet a stranger like that?" the man said as he settled down beside him.

"Isn't it a bit rude to walk around like that?" Seungkwan snapped back. He might've been rendered speechless by this adonis but he will never miss an opportunity to sass anyone who sasses him. "Besides, you never mentioned your name to me, so how would I know what to call you" Seungkwan's plump cheeks turned pink and he tried to hide it by pretending to look at his shoes.

"Hansol," the gorgeous boy said. "My name is Hansol," This made Seungkwan look up and their eyes met. Brown staring at gold, and gold staring back just the same. They stayed like that for a heartbeat before Seungkwan leaned closer. Hansol's heart started to pound against his chest and his breathing was cut short. He closed his eyes and braced himself for what's about to come. 

"Your feathers," Seungkwan whispered.

"My um what?" Hansol opened his eyes and saw the boy reaching his hand out to one of his wings. He reacted without thinking and flipped his wings closer to the boy. 

"Your feathers, they're nice and soft and ... dry," Seungkwan said as he each feather ever so softly. "You just came out of the water didn't you?" he looked up at Hansol once more and his eyes were full of curiosity, Hansol found it amusing.

"Stop smirking like that," Seungkwan said pulling his hand away from the boy's wings. "I hate it when people look at me like that like I'm stupid or something."

"No sorry I didn't mean to" he was apologetic but he still kept smiling "You just looked so beautiful when you're curious like that. I bet you have a lot of questions for me, right?"

"Hundreds" Seungkwan breathed out. He found it hard to speak after being complimented like that. He was always fascinated with the creatures of the Other Worlds. He had bumped into some Andromedans or Voidans from time to time but they didn't know that Seungkwan has the Sight, and he would not dare start asking questions about them. Soonyoung warned him to be very, very careful with letting his secret out. He said it would do him more harm than good. Hansol was the only one aside from his brothers who knew about his ability. If he will be honest, he was scared for some time after they first met. He didn't know anyone who was like him and he didn't know if it was even legal for a Gaian to have the Sight.

"Our wings are enchanted that way," Hansol started, "We're always ready to take flight and to fight, water doesn't make it wet and useless"

"What does?" Seungkwan asked before he could stop himself, but Hansol didn't seem a bit offended to be asked about their weakness.

"Blood." was his answer. 

For the second time that night, Seungkwan didn't have any words to say, and was grateful to Hansol when he broke the tension that was building up. "So. That answers your first question. Now, what's next?"

The wind blew then and the chill of the night air started to seep through Seungkwan's clothes, he realized just then that Hansol was still half-. "Where are your clothes?" 

Hansol let out a small laugh "Is that your next question?" he shook his head and reached for the robe draped over a low hanging branch of a tree above them. He pulled it over his head, covering his upper body and concealing his wings. "And I thought that you will be giving me the hard ones."

"Shut up." Seungkwan said, but he wasn't finished with his questions yet "What are you doing here in Gaia, or to be more specific what are you doing in that lake?"

"I was swimming, of course, we don't have lakes like this in our world so I go here to take a swim from time to time."

"Be serious!" Seungkwan warned him but not unkindly.

"I did take a swim!" Hansol said, but he saw that Seungkwan was serious. He knew that it's unwise to trust a stranger right away but there was something in this boy that compelled him to. "I am a Watcher and I was taking my watch. I saw someone running this way and there was nowhere for me to hide so I went to the lake. Only I heard a sad melody, beautiful, but sad, and then I saw you."

"I did notice more Watchers than usual going around lately," Seungkwan said more to himself than Hansol. "The merchants at the port also mentioned that trouble is about to come. What's going on Hansol?" 

Hansol's reply was cut by the roar of a thunder and then, there were voices carried by the wind. "Seungkwan! Seungkwan where are you?" the voices called out. Seungkwan immediately recognized to whom those belonged to.

The two of them stood up, Seungkwan started to run towards his brothers but Hansol caught his wrist "Seungkwan, I have to go. It was a pleasure to spend time with you and I hope we'll get to do it again" he drew the hood of his robe over his head and ran towards the trees.

"Seungkwan! We've been looking all over for you!" Chan said, panting between each word.

"Let's go home now. A storm is coming" Soonyoung held out his hand for Seungkwan and the younger took it. 

Somewhere in the distance, Seungkwan heard the sound of wings flapping.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------A/N-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is un-betaed so forgive me. I'll edit this once I have time again.  Hope you guys like it!