PROLOGUE

Within One Constellation

A hooded figure walked upon the dark, trying to hide his brightness as much as he can. He pulled his cloak closer and took a deep breath, white knuckles tapped the oak doors before him. It opened by itself and the cloaked man stepped inside a great hall, at the center of it was a throne made of pure shadows and the man sitting on it looks like he was sitting on a wisp of thin black air. He put down the hand he used to wave the doors open and raised the other lazily as a greeting to the cloaked man. A playful smile was on his lips.

"I reckon the results weren't as good as we've expected?" he said as he stood up from his throne.

The other man took off his hood and the other occupants of the room hissed at the sudden intense light emanating from him. The creature was gifted with an astounding beauty. His head was crowned with long silver hair that seems to be the source of light but the creatures of the dark knew that it was him, his entirety was light itself. He spoke with a soft drawl "Actually I knew this would happen and that's why I came here. Looks like we have to do our backup plan Oh! Great Dark King of The Void Lee Seokmin" the last few words were uttered with pure sarcasm.

Seokmin laughed, his teeth was as bright as the light from the other man which made him look otherwise from the title he was just given. "Aren't you going to bow down to me then, Almost-Overseer of All-Yoon Jeonghan?"

The man named Jeonghan hissed at the insult and said between his teeth "Don't push my patience."

"Stop calling me that then, DK is just enough" his smile looked bright but commanding. He walked towards Jeonghan and put his hands on the man's shoulders. Slender fingers made their way down the man's back, towards the point just above his waist. Jeonghan let out a cry of pain mixed with anger but he did not say anything.

"Out. All of you" Seokmin barely whispered but all of his servants heard him and shadow-travelled out the room.

"So to start our backup plan" Seokmin began as he removed Jeonghan's cloak "we need to get you tainted first."

...

"There you are."

There was a flutter of wings and a small body landed on the balcony. "Lazying around on the first day of job?" he said to the man leaning on the parapet, his back on the cheering crowd below. 

"Jihoon" he said when he saw the source of the voice. He took a deep breath and pulled Jihoon closer, today's events were draining him down.

"Seungcheol" Jihoon responded as he patted his head. "What are you worried about?"

"I'm worried for Jeonghan" he said after a while. He stood up straight again and walked towards the balcony. Just a few hours ago he was only dreaming about this moment, being on top of the castle looking down all of Andromeda. He never thought he would feel this way, burdened and not the least bit happy.

"You worry too much about everything. Maybe that's why you were chosen as the Overseer of All" Jihoon stood next to him, their wings touching, lightly moved by the breeze. He felt Seungcheol tensed up so he put a hand on top of his.

When the Council of Elders announced to the Three Worlds that Seungcheol was chosen as The Overseer of All not everyone celebrated. Jeonghan was furious. Every Son of Sirius knew that Jeonghan has been working hard to become the Overseer, but he and Seungcheol were equals to almost everything but one. They were both strong, wise and beautiful beyond compare but as great as his ambitions were, Jeonghan's patience was short, so it wasn't to anyone's shock when he stormed out of the castle right after Seungcheol's name was called.

"I'm sure it wasn't that, but I trust the Council" Seungcheol sighed.

"And you should trust yourself. I have to go, I just wanted to make sure you're okay." Jihoon squeezed the hand of the Overseer before flying off of the balcony. Right after he left another pair of wings fluttered by but it wasn't as soft as the angel that just left. It was frantic, more like in a hurry.

"Seungcheol!" the angel shouted, he landed ungracefully, almost stumbling on his wings "I have a bad news!" his expression said it all before he even uttered the words.

"First day as The Herald and you're already giving me a bad news Jisoo?" Seungcheol said calmly even if he was dead nervous inside. 

"Jeonghan shed off his wings" Jisoo said and he looks like he was about to cry. A desperate plea was present in his voice. To shed off one's wings means abandoning Andromeda. Seungcheol knew very well where Jeonghan was headed to and what he was about to do.

"So it's starting" was Seungcheol's only reply.