One

Within One Constellation

The day was significantly hotter than usual in Gaia. A bead of sweat trickled from a boy's nest of brown locks down to his plump cheek. He wiped it with the back of his free hand and looked up the sky, the same hand now shielding his eyes from the glaring orb above. It wasn't the sun no, for the Great Sun Kosmos died over a thousand years ago, which gave way to the real source of the blazing heat and the blinding light; Andromeda.  

A new Overseer of All has been elected and Andromeda has been celebrating for days now making the Sons of Sirius brighter than they usually were -- which was actually caused by too much wine, but the boy can not complain since business is booming for him. He walked quickly through the maze of people towards the port to catch the ship that arrived from the said planet. 

The young boy cursed under his breath, he really didn't like the heat and  preferred the cool breeze of the lake where they set camp for the month. It was not that much, but he preferred it over the cold and dark alley they came from. He and his gang of "almost" brothers were orphans who escaped from the horrible institution that was supposed to be their home. In Gaia, there were only two ways of living. To live as good as one can be and ascend to Andromeda as a Son of Sirius, or to indulge in the wicked ways of life until your heart turns as black as a shadow and descend to The Void as a Son of Nebula. Gaia is the in-between of the worlds, the Sons of Galaxias do not possess any power and was merely there for reproduction, an ability that the other two worlds lack, therefore Gaians take pride in their bloodline. They live in the belief that every Andromedan and Voidans were Gaians once and their fate lies solely on which family they came from, so one must understand that to be an orphan in Gaia would deem you an Unfortunate.  The young boy stopped and looked up at his chosen world.

 

"One day ... " he said as he started to walk again, eyes still gazing the promised world above, "I'll be up there and --" he was cut off by the body that bumped into him, sending his arse down the pavement.

 

"Sorry! I didn't mean to." a hooded figure hovered above him and offered to help him up. 

 

The fallen boy slapped the outstretched hand away and said "Well watch where you're going then, it's probably because of that hood over your eyes. " He stood up indignantly and brushed the dust off his pants, "How can you even manage this heat under that jacket are you thick in the --" his last few words were carried by the sudden breeze and his next ones were stolen by what was revealed by the wind.

 

The stranger's hood was no longer over his head and the boy immediately saw the shining emblem glowing on his forehead. A nest of golden hair rested on top of his head and his big round golden eyes glowed almost as bright as the emblem. The boy just stood there in perfect contrast of him messy brown hair, tired eyes and smudges of dirt on his face.

 

"You're an angel" he whispered.

 

"What?" the unhooded stranger was taken aback by his words. He looked perfectly human, and he tried his best to blend in with the crowd hence the hood to hide his ethereal light. Impossible. The word was whispered to his head. "You can see my emblem?", the stranger fumbled for the hood and drew it back over his head. "A Son of Galaxias was not supposed to see this." His words were true, among the Sons of the three worlds, those who live in Gaia does not have the Sight, it was both a gift and a curse. It gives the thrill of the mystery in meeting a stranger but it also made them blind from the truth, easy to deceive.

 

"Well A Son of Sirius was not supposed to be here either -- on these parts of the town rather, I mean even the Sons of Galaxias wouldn't want to be --" the ship horn cut through the air.  "I have to go." he started running towards the port but stopped midstep, turned to the stranger once again and shouted, "And by the way, I'm no ordinary human. I AM BOO SEUNGKWAN" he turned his back and slapped his bottom before disappearing into the crowd.

 

"Hello Seungkwan the no-ordinary-human, I'm Hansol" the stranger said even if the boy was already too far away. A curious smile painted on his face.

 

---

 

Seungkwan ran as fast as he can. He has to catch the ship or they'll be hungry for a month. Life in Gaia was hard for the Unfortunates. He came just in time to see men unloading the craters.

 

"Just in time boy!" An old man with too much fat and much less teeth noticed him and approached him. He did not look as jolly as Seungkwan remembered him to be. "I'm afraid we won't be needing the usual order," he took a deep breath before continuing "trouble is brewing and everything would turn to dust before our eyes" he patted Seungkwan's back full of concern before limping back to the ship.

 

It took almost an hour for Seungkwan to process what just happened. He ran from one ship to another to try and find customers who would order wine from him but they all rejected him away. He finally gave up and decided to walk home straight, not wanting to go back to the store empty-handed and earn a beating or two from the owner. 

 

He reached their tent as the sun kiss the horizon. The smoke of the bonfire rising up into the sky towards the first stars of the night. Through the rising smoke he saw a figure wobbling in the distance, branches and twigs cradled on its chest like a gnarly infant. It was a boy, a year younger than him, a wide smile ripped his face when he saw Seungkwan outside the tent. He ran as much as the weight of the branches would allow him. 

 

"Chan!" Seungkwan waved his hand above his head, the smile on Chan's face reflected on his own.

 

The boy reached him and settled the branches in a neat pile beside the tent. "So, are we having real food tonight?" he asked the older one in between puffs of breath. A bead of sweat trickled from his temples to his jaw, which was sharp and angular unlike Seungkwan's which was soft and rounded despite him being older. His smile dimmed a little bit when he saw Seungkwan's sad eyes. "It's okay," he reassured both of them, "Maybe Soonyoung has more luck tonight"

 

"I don't get it" Seungkwan huffed. "Andromeda is supposed to be still in party mode right now but no one ordered wine not even a single bottle" he sat down on a log near the bonfire, grateful for its warmth. 

 

"Maybe they want something harder?" Chan said while thoughtfully stoking the fire. His stomach grumbled loud.

 

---

 

Jeonghan opened his eyes expecting to be blinded by the afternoon light, the brightness in Andromeda never seemed to dim even at twilight. He braced himself for the assault but was met by darkness instead. Once his vision adjusted, he sat up and looked around. He was in a huge room, almost like a chamber although scarcely furnitured. The four-poster bed was at the center, to his left were huge double doors, two braziers blazed beside each door but it wasn't as bright as he was used to. To his right was a huge window, it was already dark outside but the two orbs illuminated the sky, one brighter than the other. Andromeda.

 

"Regrets?" Seokmin was leaning on one of the bed posters. He was from the waist up, symbols in black ink marked his chest and arms. Jeonghan can't help but appreciate the perfectly sculpted figure of the Dark King, but he didn't show it of course.

 

"So this is how you become A Son of Nebula? Lovemaking?" Jeonghan raised one eyebrow at the last word.

 

"Well, not really. I won't call this lovemaking, more like ... " Seokmin sat on the bed next to him,

 

"One ..." he moved an inch closer,

 

"Good ... " and another,

 

" ..." and another, until he can feel Jeonghan's breath against his lips.

 

Jeonghan did not flinch. He took it as a challenge instead and he was never a fan of losing, hence the reason why he's here right now. Never did he imagine submitting himself to someone, especially to a Son of Nebula but sacrifices has to be made. He took a deep breath and looked up at the sky again. "So what do we do now?" he asked as he leaned against the Dark King's chest.

 

"Prepare for battle of course ..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------A/N-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! It took me so long to have this fic updated partly because I'm busy with life and mostly because I wanted to do a really good job in writing this. It's like giving birth to a child wtf. I might edit this still but I just want to see if people would still be interested with the story haha. I really appreciate your comments and support thank you.

 

ALSO: I FREAKING SQUEEZED SEUNGKWAN'S HAND AND LITERALLY SCREAMED "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY SON" DURING HI-TOUCH WHEW!