Chapter 7

The Most Beautiful Moment

A pretty long chapter ahead to kinda make it up for the absence. :D


 

It had been so long since Yerin had a time to free herself from her busy schedule and go visit the children at the orphanage.Her schedule had been so hectic lately with school and her parent's company that she didn't have any time to take a breath.Also,there was that group project she had which only added more to her stress thanks to Nayeon,Taehyung and Jimin who chose to have fun rather than actually doing their work.If she hadn't suggested,more like demanded,that they do their work at the library on Saturday and Sunday,she was sure they'd never finish their work on time with the three engrossed in stupid video games and with her,the only one doing the work.Now that it was over and the work was submitted on time,she can finally be less stressed and was actually hopeful that they'd get good marks on the project.

 

 

Like the usual schedule on Sundays before she got extra busy with school,the car was driving down the road Yerin was all too familiar with.The buildings became lesser and lesser and she was getting more excited by the minute.She hadn't seen the kids in so long and she could hardly contain her excitement.Plus,her brother decided to tag along and drive them which added more to her excitement.Bogum hadn't met the children since he had more responsibilities as the older one and had less of a free time than she did.So,she was excited that her brother got to finally meet the  little adorable people in her life.Also,she had yet to thank him for keeping his promise and talking with their father.Though in her opinion it wasn't hard to just say a simple 'Yes',consideration was as good as anything when it comes to their father.All thanks to Bogum.Indeed,she may not have the best,most loving and caring parents in the world,but at least she had the most wonderful and amazing brother anyone could ask for.And of course,she would never say that out loud to Bogum.The man sometimes can be full of himself.

 

 

" Don't you think we bought too much stuff?" Bogum was surprised when Yerin decided to buy,you could say a feast  for the kids which could probably fill their stomachs for at least half the year.He was a little concerned that they might've bought too much.They were children,not animals.

 

" Trust me, its not too much.You'll be surprised how much the kids can eat.It's actually really incredible." Yerin laughed as she recalled just how much their little bellies can take up.They may be small,but their appetite wasn't.

 

" Oh,oppa?" Yerin called as Bogum replied in a hum.

 

" You know,to thank you for keeping your promise and actually getting 'The Rock' to consider,do you want to get dinner on our way back,my treat." Yerin showed an innocent glee. Bogum,as if he hadnever been treated and like he was so freakin touched by her words,grabbed his chest with one hand and gasped out loud dramatically. " Omo! I must have saved a country in my past life.Our little Yerin is actually going to treat me to dinner? Me!?Wow!!" 

 

Yerin laughed hollowly and rolled her eyes. " You're disgusting oppa."

 

Bogum just showed her a goofy smile. " And you just called dad 'The Rock'."

 

 

As the two shared their brother-sister moment,the car came to a halt when they reached their destination,a place Yerin was all too familiiar withYerin giddily hopped out the car and ran forward,calling out to the kids who were running about on the widespread field before the building.Seeing their favourite noona whom they haven't seen in so long,the kids came rushing to her as soon as they saw her and almost toppled her over.

 

" Eonnie!!!!" Yumi hadn't seen her eonnie for so long that she started to tear up as she hugged her.

 

" Ya~~ Yumi-ah,why are you crying? Hmm? Are you that happy to see me?" Yerin softly asked as she wiped away the little girl's tears.She chuckled at the cute girl and her heart clutched as she saw her quietly sobbing as well as some of the others.She didn't know that they would miss her this terribly.

 

" Why didn't you come visit us eonnie? I thought- I thought- Eonnie has forgotten about us." Yumi quietly sobbed in between her words.Yerin hugged Yumi and the kids as she also got teary eyed.

 

" I'm sorry.Eonnie was just busy I couldn't come visit you guys.I reaaally reaally missed you guys too." Yerin cooed at the kids who gave her innocent smiles behind their glossy eyes.

 

" Really Eonnie/Noona?" They asked in unison

 

" Of course~~ Your my favourite people~~Come here all of you." Yerin smiled as she gave them group hugs.The kids giggled and laughed in utmost happiness.

 

" Aaand! I've bought you guys something." The children's eyes were wide out of curiosity. Yerin went to the back side of the car,helpiing Bogum who was quietly unloading the stuffs.

 

" FOOD!!" She yelled as the children jumped in joy.Their eonnie/noona never failed to visit them without bringing something.Yerin watched as the children jumped in joy.It was amazing.Now she was convinced that food was really something that excites people and not just Taehyung and Jimin.She lightly chuckled at the thought of them.

 

" Are you that happy to see them?" Bogum came and stood beside her.He had never seen his sister this happy and excited and he was happy that he got to see her this way.He hadn't seen this side of her since they were kids.Growing up,it was always studies and work and he had seen Yerin more stressed and overworked than he'd seen her happy and excited.

 

" Yu-p! Aren't they just the most adorable thing oppa?" Yerin's eyes gleamed in happiness.Bogum lightly chuckled. "Of course they are Yennie." They truly were.Eventhough it must've been hard living in a rundown orphanage,the children were still able to smile happily.It was the best decision he made to free his schedule and tag along with Yerin.He got to see her beloved sister happy and enthusiastic,also,now he saw why she was so fond of them.They were just little adorable creatures.

 

 

***

" Noona! Look!"  Chanwoo came running towards Yerin who was chatting away with Mrs.Choi and Bogum and some of the other workers.

 

" Whoa Chanwoo! Is that a new toy?" Yerin asked as she took the toy in her hand and examined it.It was like a robot thingy? She wasn't really good with boys stuff and toys.

 

" Yup! Its Optimus Prime noona! Isn't he cool? Jungkook hyung gave it to me on my birthday!" Chanwoo proudly told his noona.He had always loved the Transformers and he was ecstatic when Jungkook had gifted him his favourite character on his birthday.From then on,he declared that Jungkook was his favourite hyung in all the world.

 

" Birthday?" Yerin was confused for a second until she suddenly remembered.It was Chanwoo's birthday last Tuesday! She had totally forgotten about it,all thanks to her busy life.Ugh!

 

" Oh My God Chanwoo!! I'm so sorry.I forgot about your birthday." She felt like she was the worst noona ever. " I didn't even get you a gift.Please forgive this stupid noona of yours Chanwoo."  Yerin bowed as she sulked.She was sure that she would never be Chanwoo's favourite noona again since she didn't even remember his birthday until he bought it up but surprisingly,cute little Chanwoo only giggled and hugged her. " Its okay noona.I still love you." He showed her his toothy grin and Yerin cooed at his cuteness." Besides,I already got the best gift from Jungkook hyung." There it was.He just said the best gift.No matter what she did,it probably couldn't surpass that Optimus Prime dude.By the way,who was this Jungkook hyung Chanwoo was talking about.As far as she could recall,there was no Jungkook working here.

 

" Who's Jungkook hyung Chanwoo? Is he someone you know?" In her head,she claimed that this Jungkook guy was her rival.He had won Chanwoo's heart and who knows,maybe sooner or later he may win over the other children and she would lose the position of favourite eonnie/noona to him.Tch.Bastard.

 

" Yes.Don't you remember him noona? He was the one who saved me when the other kid's were bullying me.Hyung comes here often.He visited us yesterday too and bought us ice creams!"  Chanwoo happily chirped.

 

Yerin wrecked her brain and tried to recall.The one who saved him? Then,she remembered the incident.Ahh~So Jungkook was his name.He remembered the mysterious guy,and also the embarassing scene where she was beating up a kid.But wait! He didn't actually save Chanwoo,it was her who even went as far as beating up 12 year olds.She pouted.

 

" Did the other kids bully you Chanwoo?" Bogum asked Chanwoo.He was shocked to hear that.From what he saw,Chanwoo was a really adorable kid.Why would anyone bully him? Chanwoo vigorously nodded.

 

" They bullied me because I don't have any parents.But they don't anymore.Yerin noona beat them up for me."  Bogum was surprised that the little boy was not at all troubled by the fact that he was bullied by the other kids because he was an orphan.And was also downright shocked when he heard that Yerin,his little sister had beaten up the kids that bullied Chanwoo.He laughed and rolled llike a buffalo at the information,earning a pout and a little glare from his sister as well as confused looks from the children who were happily eating their food and light laughs and chuckles from Mrs.Choi and the other workers.This was exactly why Yerin decided not to tell him about the incident.He would never let her live it up.

 

 

*****

Standing before the entrance of Dongjoo Hospital,Jungkook contemplated on whether he should enter or not.Jin had told them clearly that his mom did die from an accident.There was even a report file as evidence.But even so,Jungkook was still bothered by it,maybe even more than before.More questions were forming in his head and he believed that seeing Jin's father and hearing it on his own was something he needed to do.Working up all the courage he had,he stepped foot inside the large building and went up to the receptionist.

 

" Excuse me miss.I would like to see Dr.Sangwoo.Is he here?" 

 

" Yes he is.Did you make prior appointments?"  The receptionist asked as Jungkook shook his head."  He knows me.I'm a friend of his son,Jin hyung."  The receptionist then nodded and showed him the way to the office which was on the topmost floor and Jungkook thanked her for the service.

 

 

Riding the elevator,Jungkook felt his heart racing.He didn't know why he was so nervous.Maybe it was because he was about to talk to his friend's dad regarding his mom's incident one on one,or the fact that this was the same building that his mom was taken to after the accident,the same building where she had died.Reaching the 15th floor,the elevator opened and Jungkook was met by the doctor's office as soon as he stepped out.Walking up the door,Jungkook took deep breaths,in and out to calm himself.

 

" Come on Jungkook.You can do it."  He encouraged himself.After a minute of taking time to calm himself,he finally found the courage to knock at the door.

 

*Knock Knock Knock*

 

He waited for the response.

 

" Come in."

 

Jungkook twisted the knob and opened the door.Jin's dad was sitting on his chair behind the desk,looking at a patient's file.Hearing the door open and closed,he looked up from his paper thinking that it was one of the staffs and was surprised to see that it was Jungkook.

 

" Jungkook! What a surprise! What are you doing here son?"  Sangwoo warmly welcomed Jungkook with a hug.He hadn't seen the boy for months since he himself was a busy man.He felt that he had grown quite taller than when he saw him last.He resembled his dad a lot in his features and vibe,a cold exterior but was actually soft and warm on the inside.And when the boy smiled,he had that same smile as his mother's.

 

" Hello uncle.How are you?" Jungkook asked as he took a seat on one of the sofas in the office.The office was quite spacious.

 

" Ah yes.I'm doing fine.How about you? How's your new school?Jin told me you're going to the same school as Taehyung and Jimin.Seoul National High huh? Isn't it one of the best high schools in the country? I'm really proud of you Jungkook.I'm sure your parents are too." Sangwoo was warm like a father.He was a really good friend of his dad and mom,and so are the rest of his hyung's dads.They treated him like their own and he really appreciated that.

 

" Thank you Uncle.The school's actually really nice.Besides,Taehyung hyung and Jimin hyung are there." He might not have made other friends,but,who cares when Taehyung and Jimin were there.

 

" I see.That's good to hear.So tell me,what exactly brought you here son?"  Sangwoo had a hint as to why he was here.The same reason his son was here a week ago.He was calm on the inside but was actually quite nervous on the inside.

 

" Um,actually uncle,its about...my mom."  Jungkook found it hard to talk.He don't know why but he was feeling so heavy at the moment. " Jin hyung had shown me the reports on her....death."  He gulped. " I just,wanted to make sure uncle."

 

Sangwoo heaved a deep sigh at the younger's words. " Jungkook,I don't know why suddenly you and Jin are asking about all this.But,I'm sure.Your mother did indeed die from the accident.Because of the hit from the car,there was a brain hemorrhage and an internal bleeding.We did everything we could but,the conditions were too severe."  Sangwoo's face darkened as he explained,recalling the memory of having to operate and witnessing the death of a friend who was also the wife of his dear friend.

 

Jungkook stayed silent for a moment,absorbing all that Sangwoo had just said.Although it was something he had long known,to hear it again from the doctor himself at the hospital where she died,it was not so easy.He took a deep ragged breath before saying the next  words carefully.

 

" Uncle,do you.....happen to know a guy named Yeon Jung Hoon?"  He was not going to bring him up but since he was the cause of his troubled mind and since he seemed like he knew his parentss,maybe Jin's dad also knew him.There was a possibility.

 

Sangwoo,on the other hand was shocked to hear the name,it was evident on his face and Jungkook didn't miss it,eventhough he hid it as soon as he showed it.Sangwoo cleared his throat and composed himself quickly.If Jungkook wasn't so quick to catch it,he would've entirely missed the nervousness present on the old man.

 

" No,I don't think I've heard of the name.Why do you ask Jungkook?"  Although he didn't look like he was that curious,he was.He was shocked to hear the name out of the boy's mouth.How could he possibly have known him?There was no way he would know the guy,unless....

 

Jungkook stopped himself from saying anything about Junghoon.He knew,from his actions,that Jin's dad knew him but for some unknown reason denied.So,he wasn't sure if it was best to lay everything out and decided to not talk about it.

 

" Oh.Nothing important.Its fine uncle."

 

Sangwoo wanted to press on.He knew there was something else but he decided not to further question him.He mustn't let the boy know that the subject had piqued his interest.

 

" Alright.I see.I'm sorry  to tell you but I'm really not familiar with the name Jungkook."

 

Jungkook knew that he was lying and it confused him more.Why was he lying? It meant that he did know Junghoon.So he must know the history with him and his dad? Why couldn't he just tell me?

 

" I see."

He sighed.It seemed like he wasn't going to get much today. " I guess I better go now.You must be busy uncle."  Jungkook stood up  and decided that it was time to take a leave.Although he wanted to stay longer until he got something out of the man,he couldn't keep him from doing his work.

 

" So soon? Don't you want something to eat before you go?"  It was so like of Jin's dad to treat them to something to eat whenever anyone of his son's friends/friends' sons visit him.Maybe Jin got his love for food from his dad.

 

" No.Its okay uncle.Besides,Jin hyung's probably waiting for me.Sunday's always a 'group bonding time with food ' according to him." Jungkook and Sangwoo laughed.It was so like Jin to include food in almost everything.

 

" Well then,be careful on your way home son.Say hello to the others for me."

 

" I will uncle.Goodbye."

 

 

***

After bidding Jin's dad goodbye and riiding the elevator,Jungkook was tempted and pressed 13.His hands were getting sweaty and his heart palpitated.The elevator opened on the 13th floor in no time and Jungkook could not find the strength to step out the elevator.He didn't know if he was ready.It has been 4 years but the feeling was still the same.Finally stepping out of the elevator,he slowly walked down the halls.The floor contained private ward rooms for the VIP's.It was quite luxurious and pricier as compared to the normal wards.He took small hesitant strides as he walked down the familiar hall and finally stopped at a door.

 

He remembered.He remembered how he felt that day,4 years ago when he found out that his mother had been in an accident.He remembered how devastated he was,rushing through the halls and into the room.Thankfully,the room was unoccupied at the moment and he slowly twisted the knob.Everything was the same.The same white walls with the same white floor.The same smell of disinfectant.The same white bed.The chair,the sofa,the desk beside the bed,the large flatscreen,the sunlight from the large window,everything was the same.Except that his dad wasn't here,his hyung wasn't here,and his mom wasn't here lying on the hospital bed,pale and cold.

 

He slowly marched up the bed and stood a meter away.He looked at the bed as memories flashed before his eyes.Feelings of devastation and sadness washed him up again and he was taken back to that day 4 years ago,where he witnessed his mother's dead body,where he hung onto her,crying and begging her to come back.He took a sharp intake of breath as a tear slipped from his eye and tried to hard to control himself.He took deep breaths and closed his eyes,like he always did when he felt his emotions getting the best of him.

 

Opening his eyes,he sat on the chair beside the bed,where he had sat 4 years ago and touched the soft fabric,smoothing out the creases.

 

 

" I don't know what's happenning mom.I thought everything was going well these days.I thought that I was finally okay now.But,all these things are happening and,I,I don't know if the fact that you died in an accident is true anymore.But,I promise I'm going to find out.Mom,I miss you.I miss you.A lot."

 

 

*****

Nayeon was in her room,watching 'Letters to Juliet',a large tub of strawberry flavoured ice-cream sitting on her lap.It was one of those sappy romance movies that she loved but at this particular moment,she couldn't bring herself to focus on the movie as she sulked and sigh from time to time.She was supposed to go out with Yerin and have fun at the amusement park,something they never got to do often since Yerin was always so busy.But now that she could finally have a free time of her own,Nayeon had planned out the whole day for the both of them.It was supposed to be a fun filled day for the two.But unfortunately,Yerin had told her that she was going to visit the orphanage with Bogum since she hadn't seen the kids in forever.It was an epic plan fail.She had looked forward to spending a girls day out with her bestie-slash-cousin but instead,here she was,alone in her room,watching a movie which she didn't understand a thing going on since she hadn't been paying attention.

 

 

She sighed for the umpteenth time that day and gave up on watching the movie.Sometimes she wondered what it was like to have siblings.She was an only child and it could get quite boring and lonely sometimes,especially when Yerin would be too busy to hang out.At least Yerin had Bogum.He was the kind of brother any sister could wish for.And she envied her for that sometimes.Yerin may not have the most attentive and loving parents but at least she had Bogum.And friends? When it came to friends,the only friend she had ever had was Yerin,minusing Bogum and he-who-must-not-be-named.Since she had always been attached at the hip with Yerin since they were toddlers,and since Yerin never made any effort to make more friends,she decided not to as well.Yerin was all she needed ayway.Besides,she had seen the looks and the acts of the other girls towards her.They were all filled with envy and hatred because of who she is and the wealth she possess thanks to her parents and that is just something she will never understand and clearly,those kind of people were not the ones she would get involved with or befriend.They didn't even know her really.

 

 

Taehyung and Jimin were quite fun to hang out with.She had known them since their first year and had always found them as fun people to hang out with,not to mention that she might have a teensy bitsy crush on Taehyung which of course,was not known to Yerin.He was just really handsome and adorable and a really fun person.He may be in a ' gang ' but he was actually a really good person.Jimin too.It must be really nice of them to live with their friends.She envied that too.Thinking about the two idiots,she wondered what Taehyung was doing right now and decided to text him.Maybe this will get her out of her boredom.Hopefully.

 

 

To Taehyung :

Hey Tae :D What'cha doin?

 

She hoped it wasn't too weird that she texted him out of the blue.They had exchanged numbers among the four,her,Taehyung,Jimin and Yerin( although on Yerin's part she did it so reluctantly) but they had never texted each other unless it was for the project.And that was already over.But,in a matter of seconds,her concerns were lifted when she got a reply from Taehyung.

 

From Taehyung :

Just helping Jin hyung in the kitchen.We're baking cakes!! ^-^

 

Nayeon chuckled at the text.Can't he just stop being so adorable even when texting?She stopped herself and mentally scolded herself for fangirling.

 

To Taehyung :

Wow! I didn't know you could bake Tae.Baker Kim Taehyung ;)

 

Ugh! That emoji at the last was soooo not necessary.Now he was going to think that she was this really weird girl who uses emoji at every end of her sentence.Just great Nayeon.Just great.

 

From Taehyung :

Its torture in here!! I'm being scolded every second for messing up.Save me! T-T

 

She couldn't help but laugh out at his reply.From what Taehyung and Jimin had told her,this Jin guy was like a mom and a control freak,especially when it comes to kitchen and food.She couldn't contain her laughter when she thought of how much scolding Tae must've been in at the moment.

 

To Taehyung :

Maybe its for all the times you complained and talked bad about him for being a control freak.I pity you really.Karma can be quite a (>U<)

 

Nayeon giggled as she got up from her sofa and plopped down on her bed.

 

From Taehyung :

You're a meanie Nayeon.I'm hurt (T^T) Anyway,what are you doing right now?

 

It surprised her that every reply from him,funny or not seemed to get her all giddy and smiling.But she couldn't care less.

 

To Taehyung :

I was actually supposed to go out with Yerin but got stood up and now I'm watching a movie alone while she's out with her brother having fun. :(

 

 

From Taehyung :

Wow! I'm surprised she actually had the time to like,go out.

What movie are you watching? :)

 

 

To Taehyung :

I know! And that's why I planned this whole day out and we were supposed to go to the amusement park.(T-T)

Letters to juliet.It seems like a nice movie but right now,its boring as ! (-_-)

 

 

Nayeon thought that she was being a little too whiny,but,it just comes so naturally talking with Taehyung.She could just be herself and talk and whine about this and that and he would never mind.Because he's that way too.

 

From Taehyung :

Okay.That's it.Just got hit by a wooden spoon.I'm out.

Umm..do you..perhaps..in a way...still want to go to the amusement park??

 

Nayeon felt her heart thumped.And again.And again.She didn't know why she was half nervous and half excited when Taehyung asked her the question.Of course she still wanted to go to the park.It was only around 12.But was she going with him and Jimin? Or...was it just her and Taehyung?

 

To Taehyung :

Really? With you or with you and Jimin?

 

Nayeon felt her heart racing as she waited for the reply.She counted in herhead the seconds that passed by.1....2...3...4...5...6...

 

*New message*

 

From Taehyung :

Um...yeah...

Just the two of us.If you want to.

Do you want to?

 

She squealed and jumped up and down on her bed,rolling on her bed as she screaemd in joy.Hearing her,her mom came inside her bedroom.She was confused as to why her 17 year old daughter was rolling in her bed like a pig and at the same time squealing and screamig.

 

" Honey.Are you okay?What's going on? I thought you were supposed to hang out with Yerin?

 

Nayeon got up at the sound of her mother's voice.Jumping up and down in excitement as she came by her mother's side.

 

"Yerin had to go to the orphanage.BUT! I'm going to the amusement park with Taehyung~!"

 

She squealed once again,but this time,her mother joined her.

 

"Really!!??? So are you two dating?Is he going to be my son-in-law?"

 

Nayeon stopped jumping and squealing and gave a look at her mom.She was acting like a teenager.She was acting like her.Which  have WEIRD screaming all over her.

 

" No mom.We're NOT dating.And No he's not going to be your son-in-law.Stop squealing like a teen."

 

Her mom dropped on her bed at the news.She seemd disapponted and it confused the hell out of Nayeon.

 

" But why? He's adorable and he's really handsome.Why can't I have him as my son-in-law?"

 

Okay.Now she was acting like a little kid throwing a tantrum with her folding her hands and pouting.What was she even?This woman.

 

"God mom! Keyword.Friends.F-R-I-E-N-D-S.Get it?" Nayeon huffed and sat beside her mom,copying her actions.She too felt a bit disappointed at the word friends.Of course,it was just this tiny crush and nothing more she had towards Taehyung but why she felt disappointed? She didn't know herself.Maybe it could be the fact that she didn't know if she was considered a friend to Taehyung.

 

" Okay! You better get ready.Never keep your man waiting.Now go get dressed." Her mom pulled her up and shooed her towards her closet.

 

" He's not my man moom~~!" She walked towards her closet unenthusiastically.She didn't even know what to wear.She had never really gone out with a boy.Theo,the guy she met in New York was the only one.

 

"Shush!You never know what might happen~~" Her mom cooed as she helped her pick a dress.A least her mom looked like she knew what she was doing so she put the whole 'choosing a dress' thing in her mom's hands and went back to her bed,checking her phone.Seeing that she hadn't replied to Taehyung,she quickly shot up and punched in her reply..Dafuggg!!What if he thought that she didn't want to? Oh God!You're such an idiot Nayeon!

 

To Taehyung :

Of course I'd love to Tae :D

 

She sat there,a nervous wreck.What if he had already decided to do something else? What if it was too late?What if he didn't want to anymore?Then it'd be so awkward.

 

* New message.*

 

From Taehyung :

Okay! I'll wait for you there at the park.Meet you there in 30 Nana :D

 

 

"OH MY GOD!!! He just called me Nana!!"

 

She was now squealing again.This was the first time Taehyung had called her by her pet name and it was like getting the taste of heaven and she was feeling all electrified.She hurriedly went to her closet and wore the dress her mom picked out for her which seemed just perfect.Right now,Yerin ditching her was like the best thing ever.She had to thank the girl later for it.

 

 

*****

 

 

" So,where exactly is Taehyung hyung?"

 

Jungkook asked as there was no sight of the said boy anywhere.The group were having a 'group bonding time' as Jin liked to call it,watching Fast and Furious 7 with chips,chocolate cake and coke.Jungkook was actually enjoyng the moment right now.He loved Fast and furious.Too bad that Paul Walker was no longer here and the chance of him meeting the legend some day was not going to happen anymore.Also,he loved chocolate cakes.And just hanging with his hyungs.

 

" He's ditching us for a girl.He's having a litle date with his crush.That lucky ."

 

Hoseok filled him on the part, making funny gestures of two people kissing with his hands and the group erupted in laugter at the thought of Taehyung actually going out on a date.It was weird.

 

" You should've seen his face when Nayeon texted him.I thought he was hyperventilating." Jimin laughed heartily at the flashback to which the others joined as well.Seeing Taehyung in that state was new and hilarious.He had always acted like a professional when it comes to girls whenever he talks about them when in real fact,he had never had a girlfriend.Never.

 

 

The group decided to leave their current subject on hold and started concentratig on the movie.It was thrillig and exciting to see all he cars flying around,especially that part where they were dropped off from the air.Like whoa! That was EPIC! 

 

" Man,Luda's jeep is sure a beauty.I wish I could go on a date with it." Yoongi commented.He was fascinated and in love with the modified Jeep Wrangler.He could care less about girls if he could have that.

 

" Nah.I'd still choose a girl over a car anytime." Hoseok opposed with a satisfied sigh and got a pillow thrown at him by Namjoon.

 

" Keep your junior in your pants Hoseok."

 

The others laughed again at Namjoon's words and at Hoseok's hilarious horse face which semed offended.

 

 

***

"So,how did the meeting with dad go?" Jin whispered to Jungkook.The younger one had told him about his decision to meet with his father and he was curious as to how it went.

 

" He told me the same thing." Jungkook sighed.Now that the subject had been brought up,he was reminded of the meeting and how Jin's dad had denied knowing Junghoon and the part where he went down to memory lane.

 

"I asked him about Yeon Junghoon." 

Jin was surprised that Jungkook had chose to tell his dad about Junghoon when he said he didn't want to tell them yet.

 

"Really?You told him everything?" He questioned.

 

"No.Not everyhing.I asked him if he knew a guy by the name."  Jin nodded at his words.Yes it was better to not tell him the whole thing as of right now.

 

Jungkook sighed a heavy sigh which earned Jin's attention more as he looked at the younger who seemed to be troubled,again.

 

" He told me that the name wasn't familiar.But,hyung,I could clearly see that the was lying." Jungkook turned to Jin who seemed surprised.

 

" Really?Why?" Jin,of course didn't doubt Jungkook.The boy had a keen sense of observation.This Junghoon guy obviously knew Jungkook's parents so it was possible that his father knew the guy as well since their parents had known each other since they don't even know.

 

" He seemed surprised,shocked even when I said the name.But of course,he hid it as soon as it came but I saw it.And he seemed a bit jitty you know." Jungkook confessed what he saw.How Jin's dad had been surprised when he said Junghoon's name and how he seemed a bit unsettled after.Something about it felt strange to him.

 

" Why would dad lie about it?" Jin thought of reasons why his dad would lie but came up with none.He was just as clueless as he was when he thought of why Junghoon told Jungkook that his mother died from a gun shot.This whole thing was now geting wierder and weirder and more confusing.

 

" I don't know.I just have this feeling that there's something that I don't know.That we don't know." Jungkook heaved as sigh as he clutched more on the pillow.Jin nodded at his words.He knew what he meant.He felt it too.The two sat there,once again in silence,watching the movie play out but their minds were somewhere else.

 

 

*****

Going to visit the children and having a luxurious dinner with her brother,Yerin felt like it was such a great day.Days like this were rare for her and so she felt contented.She had a great time spending her day with the children at the orphanage.It had been so long since she felt refreshed and energised,something she always felt whenever she went there and she was sure it was the same for her brother.He seemed to have enjoyed himself being there and playing with the boys.He had always adored kids so it was natural that he looked at them like they were his little brothers and sisters.The kids seemed to like him as well seeing that they followed him around the whole day.

 

 

She still felt bad that she forgot about Chanwoo's birthday although the boy did say that he didn't mind.If she hadn't been so busy and hadn't forgotten,she would have taken a time in her schedule to throw him a birthday party.Not to mention that there was someone else the little boy could have favoured more than her now.The one who had visited them often while she was being a busy body.The oe who had gifted Chanwoo a toy which he adored so much on his birthday.The one who bought that Optimus Prime.Jungkook.She knew it was childish but she had this teeny tiny feeling of rivalry deep deep down inside.But then again,she was grateful to the guy for visiting and spending time with the children while she couldn't.At least someone besides me care.

 

 

Sitting on her usual spot,about to do the works that sat on her desk,awaiting her,she took out her phone and decided to call Nayeon.She felt bad that she had to ditch her and owed her an apology.

 

" Hey Yennie~~"

Nayeon answered.

 

" You seem cheery.Anything interesting?"

She knew that Nayeon was always cheery but at times when she stood her up,she would always throw a fit so she was surprised that she wasn't.

 

" Hmm....well...depends on how you define interesting~"

Okay so now she was being a smartass.Something was definitely up.Was this her new way of making her feel guilty?It could work.Probably.

 

" So Yennie,how was your day at the orphanage?" Nayeon questioned before Yerin could ask more about her day.

 

" It was great Nana.I had a great time with the kids and I felt so bad that I couldn't visit them earlier.They were crying and I was teary and all.I just missed them so much." Yerin told her about how much fun she had with the kids,including Bogum,not forgetting to mention a certain person who bought Optimus Prime for Chanwoo. " I mean,he gifted him his favourite character.How in the world can I compete with that when I forgot his birthday? I hope Chanwoo doesn't choose him over me." Yerin whined childishly earning a scoff from the other line.

 

" Come on Yennie.It was just a toy.And its not a competition.You're being ridiculous right now."

 

" I guess."

Yerin decided it was safer to just agree with Nana on that one because hey! Chanwoo did say he still loved her."Anyway,I'm really sorry I had to bail from our little date.You don't even know how bad I felt,and feeling still right now." It was so rare that the two girls get to spend some quality girl time and Yerin felt terrible that she had to cancel the whole thing.But what could she have done,she just missed the little creatures so much.

 

" Its okay.Don't worry about it.I mean,you had a great time with the kids and I had the most absolute,fantastic,most wonderful day.So we're even."  Nayeon said dreamily.Now Yerin was curious as to why Nayeon was acting so weird.She would always throw a tantrum like a little kid whenever Yerin had to cancel one of their 'little dates'.

 

" Okaaay.Thanks? But its weird."  She confessed.  "Why?What's weird?"  Nayeon sounded confused and yes she was.

 

"You're not salty about me bailing which is a first.And,what exactly did you do,all by yourself that you had 'the most absolute,fantastic,most wonderful day'?"

 

Nayeon was tounge-tied.She did wanted to tell Yerin that she had a date with Taehyung.But wait,it wasn't even actually a date.It was for her,but not for Taehyung,couldn't have been.And,she didn't know what she was feeling towards him exactly,like,was it just a crush,or did she just only like him,or was it more than all of that.

 

" Well...you know...I watched ' Letters to Juliet?' "  She was afraid that Yerin would catch on her unconfident self but luckily she didn't.  

 

" Tch.You and you're sappy romance movies.I don't even know why you like it.Its just all too cheesy-and-eww-it-makes-my-teeth-rot.Ugh."  Yerin was not the most biggest fan of romantic movies....or romance.Could be because she had no time for such thing in her busy life which seemed to be a problem for almost about anything.Regarding friends,having fun,her life and love life.

 

" Yeah yeah whatever.Oh,I..um...gotta go."

 

Yerin tought Nayeon was being weird again.She was always,always,the one who calls her up most of the time and when they talk she could go on and on for hours talking about anything from spending a vacay in wherever to the polar ice-caps melting.And now,she suddenly wants to get off the phone,15 minutes into their call?What in the hell!!?

 

" Its only been 15 minutes.You're strange." Yerin sounded suspicious and she waas even more suspicious when Nayeon fumbled on her next words.

 

" Well,you know...umm..yeah..I've got to..you know...go help mom clean up the dishes.Yeah." Nayeon silently breath out in relief once she finished her sentence and hurriedly spoke her next words before Yerin could ask more and end their conversation. " So,goodnight Yennie.See you tomorrow."

 

" Huh?Oh Good-"

 

*Beep/End call/*

 

Yerin furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at her phone in her hand confused.Did she just hung up on her? Did Nayeon just hung up on Yerin? The answer is Yes! She ing did.

 

" That little hung up on me." She mumbled in disbelief and in her head,thoughts of ways to get her back for it already forming.Now,if you're wonndering why she was so salty about being hung up on,it was one of the things that Yerin hated the most in the universe.Like seriously,would it hurt to wait for the other person's response? Would you die from a disease or something like non stop vomitting or  ting if you waited for the response? Hell NO! It was impolite and disrespectful and plain rude.Thoughts of hanging Nayeon upside down on a ceiling was interupted by a knock.

 

" Oh hey Yennie." Bogum greeted as he entered her door,wondering why his sister looked like she was planning on a murder. " Why the long face?" 

 

Yerin watched as her brother plopped on her neat bed like he did everytime he entered.Couldn't he just sit on the sofa? Or just normally sit on the bed? Why did he always have to throw his body onto her perfectly made and neat bed and mess the up?

 

" Nayeon just hung up on me." She deadpanned.

 

" Really? She's a savage! I like it!" Bogum laughed at Yerin as she glared at him,not finding it one bit funny.Seriously,it wasn't.

 

" Not only that,she just ing outright lied to me!! Can you believe it!!?? She suddenly needed to help 'her mom clean up the dishes'. Like whaaattt???" She bursted at her innocent brother who seemed so uninterested.She couldn't believe Nayeon ing lied.She never did.She hung up on her and lied.There was seriously something she didn't know and needed to find out.But first,she had to deal with the sloth in her bed right now.

 

" So.Anyway.What's up?" Yerin asked as she sighed heavily.She hoped it wasn't because there was another meeting the next day.

 

" We've got a meeting to attend tomorrow." Bogum said carelessly as Yerin sulked.Luck was not on her side.

 

" When?How long? Do we have to skip school?" Oh no,school was definitely one of her least favourites places but it was far better than being in a boring meeting.

 

" 9 -11 in the morning.We don't have to skip classes the whole day.Dad told us to attend the afternoon classes." Bogum informed.

 

" Can I not go?Pleaasee~" Yerin did her best puppy eyes and a pout earning a snort from her brother.

 

" Not a chance sissy.If I have to attend that 2 hours meeting with boring,stinking sock people,The Hell I'm not doing it alone." Bogum smirked victoriously.There's was in no way he was going to suffer alone while Yerin was off the hook.

 

" You're a jerk.A mean and ugly one at that." Yerin hated business meetings.Like come on,she'd have to sit in a closed off room,for two whole ing hours,with old and boring stinking sock people,like Bogum said.

 

Bogum laughed evilly as he got up and stretched his arm out while walking out the door.

 

" Whatever you say Yennie.You love this jerk.By the way,I'm the most handsome guy I know.Don't kid yourself." He wiggled his eyebrows as he closed the door,Yerin all the while showing a disgusted face.

 

Yerin pulled her drawers and took out the familiar white bottle with the small white pills and gulped down several of them before attending to her work.She looked at the bottle which was already half empty.She seemed to have taken the pills more than usual lately but didn't really care.On a low-key,she was super stressed these days.She put the bottles back in its place and heaved a deep and heavy sigh before returning to work mode.

 

 

*****

Sangwoo was getting ready to get home in his office.It had been a hectic day as usual with so many patients needing to be attended.Throughout the day,he could not get his mind off of Jungkook's surprise visit.His questions and enquiry about his mom's death.And especially Yeon Junghoon.He wrecked his brain the whole day,searching for answers as to how the boy knew the person's name.If he knew his name,it was likely that he knew the said person.Had Junghoon went to visit him? If so,then it was not good.At all.

 

It would only make sense as to why Jungkook and his son came to ask about Eunhee's death.Junghoon must've told him something.And he needed to find out what? And why? As for the second question,he might have the answer to it.Putting on his coat and taking his briefcase,Sangwoo walked out of his office and towards the elevator.

 

Once he was inside the elevator,there were no one else as it was a bit in the later part of the night,he fished out his phone and punched in a number.The ringing echoed in his ear and after the fourth ring,a man picked it up.

 

" Sangwoo hyung,how unlikely of you to call me this time of the night.What's up?" The man sounded like he was a happy-go lucky type from the sound and weight of his voice.

 

" Daehyun,there's something important we need to discuss.Get the others to my house as quickly as possible." The tone in Sangwoo's voice sounded dead serious and might've freaked out the other man on the line since his happy-go-lucky tone changed to one that matched Sangwoo's.

 

" Hyung.What is it? What's wrong?" Sangwoo didn't know how to put the words out and heaved a heavy sigh as the guy waited paitiently on the other line.

 

" Jungkook knows about Junghoon." Sangwoo swore that Daehyun's heart stopped at the moment as his did when Jungkook mentioned him. " I'm sure Jin does and I believe that the other kids do too.I don't think the truth can be hidden any longer Dae." 

 

On the other line,Daehyun was silently panicking.He didn't know what to say or think.All he knew was that this wasn't supposed to happen.Or at least not until later.Much,much later.Everything was about to get messy from this point on and he hoped it doesn't have to.

 


 

I'm back guys.Sorry it took so long for me to update.Got super busy with college like they literally gave us assignments since the first day.Can you believe that!!???

Anyway,hope you guys enjoy and I know its already the 7th chapter and the two main roles hadn't really met again.But don't worry,a psychic told me that they miiiggght in the next chapter ;) And things are about to get down and dirtyyyy.. :)