Chapter 5

The Most Beautiful Moment

 

"So you're saying that you two have a project to work on?"

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

" And its a project on...History?"

 

 

"Uh-huh."

 

 

"As in a real project where you need to give in actual effort?"

 

 

" Uh..yeah.Are there any projects that don't require effort Hoseok hyung? Duh!."

 

 

" So you two are actually going to work on it? With two other people?"

 

 

*Sigh* 

 

 

" Yes Suga hyung.For the thousandth time YES!!"

 

 

" Hey! Don't call me that! You know I hate it when people call me that." Yoongi said as if a hole had just been punched to his pride.

 

 

"Are we supposed to like believe that? Like really!?" Hoseok asked in disbelief before a thought hit him."Wait! Are you guys doing something..illegal?"

 

 

" OH MY ING ABS!! Is it so hard to believe that we're going to work on a project!!?"

 

 

Jimin exploded at the dinner table, finally having enough of the stupid questions Hoseok and Yoongi had to throw their way. Since the start of their dinner when Taehyung and Jimin had told their hyungs and dongsaeng that they had to go out for the week to work on a group project, all they had been recieving were surprised looks and gaping mouths from the others with the thousand stupid questions from Hoseok and Yoongi.

 

 

" To answer your question it will be ING YES!! You guys had never given two s about projects and whatnot. Especially you Tae..."

 

Hoseok pointed at Taehyung who confusedly pointed at himself in question

 

" This is actually the first time I'm hearing you working on a project. And History at that? Its your WORST subject. DAEBAK!!" Hoseok's eyes widened in disbelief.

 

 

"Hey!! Just because I never paid attention to History....or... any other subject doesn't mean I'm really bad at it." Taehyung defended without much confidence." I just.....chose to not care.." Hoseok gave him the most dorkiest confused look ever.

 

 

" Come on guys! Give them a break. Why shoot their efforts of actually trying to put effort before they even try. After all,this is actually the first time they're even trying to give effort in trying to give effort." Namjoon coolly said as he took a sip of his water.

 

" Wait what? Can you repeat that Namjoon? I kinda got lost with so much trying and effort in your sentence." Hoseok confusedly look at Namjoon who was sitting two seats down, mumbling the words again to himself trying to understand what he meant but only recieving a ' Are you serious?' look from the other.

 

 

"Well, I think its  a good thing that you're actually trying to work on your studies guys." Jin smiled at the two like the proud 'mother' he was. "So who are your groupmates?"

 

 

"Nayeon and Yerin."

 

Taehyung replied showing his rectangular smile. An invisible blush on his face as he said Nayeon's name.

 

" I knew it!! It was too good to be true.Its because they're girls isn't it? So tell me..how hot are they that you're faking to put in effort? Have you pounced on them yet?" Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows at the two who looked at him with a face of disgust.

 

 

" Nayeon's nothing like that."

 

Taehyung unknowingly blurted out making the others look at him questioningly.Taehyung,acknowledging the weird atmosphere panicked.

 

" Uh..Uh..I mean...they're not like that.They're like.....royalty in our school." He gulped.

 

 

" He's right .Almost all the boys population in our school have a crush on them but they never show interest. Especially Yerin.I've never seen her initiating a conversation with others except Nayeon.They even called her 'Ice princess'." Jimin added,shoving a spoonful of his food in his mouth.

 

 

Throughout their dinner, Hoseok teased Taehyung much to the other's discomfort.Taehyung,unable to stand the teasing any longer without blushing,which he didn't even understand why, pulled Jimin up along with him,deciding that it was about time they head out to Nayeon's house where they'll be working on their project which further made Hoseok  .

 

 

" Good luck on working with your crush at her house Tae~~" Hoseok playfully cooed as the two left towards their garage with Taehyung loudly stating his deny.

 

 

*****

"Since we can choose any four, lets choose three average topics and one harder topic." Yerin suggested as they were all huddled in Nayeon's room.Compared to Yerin's room which was simple, chic and aesthetic white and black,Nayeon's room was cuter and girlier with lots of pink.The room was almost as big as Yerin's with a cozy feeling to it.

 

 

" Who's going to do the hard topic? It seriously can't be me...or Taehyung.We're really not that familiar with history...or any other subject."

 

Jimin stated mindlessly without a care as the two girls stared at them.Taehyung was slightly in panic mode again. For some reason he didn't want the girls to see them as effortless or...complete idiots.

 

" Whatever it is,we'll give it our best."

 

Taehyung gave them his strangely cute rectangular smile to which Nayeon immediately replied with her own cute bunny smile while Yerin sat there unfazed and Jimin,for the umpteenth time looking at him weirdly.

 

 

" Okay.Since Modern history is more easier,umm...Jimin,you work on the Korean Religion and ideology,Taehyung on Korean War and Nayeon,you work on the Japanese rule.I'll work on the Joseon dynasty." Yerin said as she looked at their textbook,skimming the contents and giving a final nod to the oher three.

 

 

"How do I even start on that?"

Jimin didn't even know how to start.This was his first time ever hearing the topic.If its about religion, then, was it Buddhist?Christian? Weren't there like different religions in Korea? He didn't really know. And if its about ideology, what the hell does ideology even mean?

 

 

" Wait.What does ideology even mean? Its the first time I've ever heard of the word and it sounds,complicated." Jimin questioned confusedly,furrowing his eyebrows.Taehyung seemed to be lost in confusion at his question while Nayeon looked at them amused.Yerin was trying really hard not to judge them.

 

" Ideology means a system of ideas or ideals.They're basically the ideas which forms the basis of theories and policies." Yerin explained in the most simplest manner she could think of. But looking at Jimin, he seemed to be more lost than ever.

 

 

" When did the Korea War started?"

 

 

Yerin turned to Taehyung trying to ask if he was joking but saw that the boy was actually seriously asking.She didn't know if the two were just messing around,or were they really...idiots? How could someone not know when the Korean war started? Especally when they were Korean!!I Sighing,Yerin turned to Taehyung who looked at her expectantly. If she must say, he looked like a 5 year old who was waiting for an answer from his parents who were asked whether he can have his candies before dinner or not.

 

 

"June 25,1950 -- July 27,1953." Yerin replied.

 

 

" Wow! It lasted for 3 years!!? That's long." Jimin exclaimed in shock.Fighting a war for three consecutive years was shocking to him.

 

 

" The Vietnamese war lasted for 19 years,5 months,4 weeks and 1 day." Nayeon said carefully as she tried to recall the exact numbers.By now Jimin and Taehyung were just gaping at their new found information.

 

 

" Okay.Why don't we start now.The clock's already struck 9.For tonight,why don't we just try to research as much as we can before its too late then we can start writing from tomorrow?" Yerin suggested to which the others agreed.They had to start now or their papers won't ever be finished on time with all the researching needed to be done. At least Taehyung and Jimin won't.

 

 

***

An hour into their work,the four were scattered here and there in Nayeon's room.Yerin and Nayeon were diligently researching and noting down important notes while Taehyung and Jimin seemed to get lost and lost in the number of names and dates and words,letting out an annoyed groan every once in a while.

 

" Hey kids! I've brought you some snacks.Catch a break for now or you'll exhaust yourself out." Nayeon's mom said as she entered the room with the two maids.Nayeon was like a replica of her mom,happy-going and cheerful.Sometimes,Yerin would think that Nayeon was really lucky to have such good parents and she always wondered how her mom could be so different from her brother, Nayeon's uncle.He was a businessman as well, inherited the family business, but he was understanding,loving and warm-hearted. She would even voice that out to Nayeon to which the other would reply,

 

" I guess.But hey, your parents love you just as much Yennie.They're just...tough?"

 

 

At the words snack and break, Jimin and Taehyung hurried over to the table where the foods were placed.

 

" Food!! Thank God! I thought I was dying from suffocation." Taehyung exaggarated earning a chuckle from the mom and her daughter.

 

" Thank you Mrs.Im ! "

 

He heartfeltly thanked her,showing Mrs.Im his signature smile like the good natured boy he was.Yeah right! Mrs.Im found the said guy standing next to her to be extremely cute and adorable and couldn't stop herself from cooing at him which Taehyung didn't mind at all.Jimin also stated his gratitude, never failing to smile at her and Mrs.Im cooed at the two adorbs.

 

 

"Aww~~ You two are just the cutest and fluffiest boys ever! Eat plenty,okay?"

 

The boys nodded vigorously at her. Although they would like the title manly and charming rather than cute and fluffy,who were they to oppose when they were given this much food!!? They were more than happy to eat up the whole thing.

 

 

" Yeah.Thank you aunty for taking the time to prepare all of these.We hope we're not being burdensome." Yerin politely said. Mrs.Im waved a hand at her.

 

" Shh Yerin.Of course you're not being burdensome at al! I'm actually glad that you guys are here.Its usually just you and Nayeon so its feels good to see new friends." Mrs.Im said as she patted the boy nearest to her gently who was stuffing cookies in his mouth.

 

 

***

After Mrs.Im left,the four took their break,spending the time to devour the snacks. Jimin,Taehyung and Nayeon happily munched on their snacks while Yerin ate just a little for the sake of it.Her appetite these days seemed to be at its worst.She was even loosing a bit of her weight but she didn't give much thought about it.It was probably her body getting overworked.

 

" So, why don't we take the time to get to know each other.We're group partners and we've been in the same class since last year.I think its about time we get to know about each other than just our names." Nayeon offered as she munched on her cookie.Taehyung looked at the cheery girl before him.Of course,he was more than ready to get to know about each other. Favourite foods,favourite colour, favourite movies, her ideal type, etc.etc.

 

" We've been in the same class since last year?" 

 

The three turned to Yerin with cheeks full of snacks,not uttering a word as they blinked at her until Nayeon broke the silence with a sudden nervous laugh.

 

" Stop joking Yennie.Ha-ha.Of course we have. Not like you don't know. Ha-Ha" She nudged Yerin at her side which only further confused the latter. Nayeon kew that Yerin was anti-social but, at least she could have tried to remember her classmates.

 

 

" Okay.So,where do you guys live?" Nayeon asked.

 

 

" Namyangjin. Its in the opposite direction from here." Jimin answered as he sipped on his orange juice.The two girls were surprised at his answer,especially Yerin.

 

 

" Wait,you live in Namyangjin? That's the same place as Yerin!!" Nayeon exclaimed in surprise.It was now Taehyung and Jimin's turn to stare at them.

 

 

" Yeah. We know. We often saw your car passing in the neighbourhood."  Taehyung said, more to the surprise of the two girls. " I guess you never go out much though,we never really saw you around." He added

 

 

" Uh..yeah .I don't go out much. I prefer staying indoors."

 

It was a lie. Maybe not completely but if she had the chance,Yerin would choose spending time outdoors more often than locking up herself  indoors.It was just that her circumstance,or more like father, didn't quite agree on leisuring around instead of studying or doing some work.

 

 

" So that means you live in the same neighbourhood as well?" Nayeon directed her question to Taehyug.Taehyung,for a minute got tounge-tied but soon recovered.

" Uh, yeah.We actually live in the same house. Jimin and I. Along with 5 other guys." 

 

 

" Really!!? You live on your own with your friends? That must be amazing." Nayeon exclaimed once again in envy.This girl never seemed to run out of energy.She could  surpass Taehyung in that field or maybe it was becauseTaehyung always seemed to be a bit nervous whenever she was around.Just a bit.

 

" Yeah.Jin hyung,Yoongi hyung,Hoseok hyung,Namjoon hyung and Jungkook.Jungkook's the one who got sick last time." Jimin told her.By now they finished eating and were just doing pep talk.

 

" Oh yeah! He was the one you mentioned before.The one who dance with you right?" Nayeon asked as Jimin nodded. " He's the maknae of our gang."

 

The first time he said the word gang,Nayeon and Yerin didn't think much about it.But now,the second time,they were curious about it since there were rumours flying about them being in a gang and whatever.While Jimin and Nayeon were exchanging words,two other people felt left out.We can't exactly say that Yerin felt left out since she really didn't have anything to say,but,Taehyung felt like Jimin and Nayeon were getting along quite well,too well for his liking.He wanted to talk with her enthusiastically as well but for some unknown reason he couldn't bring himself to.

 

" So,you guys are in a...gang?" Nayeon asked carefully.She had heard about the rumour but thought it was stupid since Taehyung and Jimin didn't look the type to be involved in gangs and gang stuffs.But after hearing them say 'gang' two times already,Nayeon was really curious whether it was true or not and surprisingly,so was Yerin.She suddenly seemed interested on the topic.Well,they always say ' Don't judge a book by its cover ' right?

 

" Well,yeah.We've been together since I can't remember." Jimin answered nonchalantly as the curiosity level increasd for both Nayeon and Yerin.He just admitted that they were in a gang right?With 5 other guys.And the two girls were sitting here,in Nayeon's bedroom,with two guys who were gangsters,doig project works,eating snacks and chatting.Were they scared? Hell yeah! Who knows what these boys had done.For all they know,the rumour about them having killed a man could be true as well.

 

Noticing the silence that now engulfed the whole room,Taehyung noticed Nayeon's expression.She seemed like she was having an inner turmoil and was fidgeting in her seat.She seemedcautious and...scared.And so was Yerin even if she hid her emotions quite smoothly,it was still evident from her looks.

 

" We're not in that type of gang....okay?" Taehyung hurriedly ensured lookig at Nayeon ad Yerin to see whether they have relaxed.Their expression was expected when rumours were flying about them and Jimin's vague answer did not help.He didn't know who spread the rumour about them being in a gang and killig a man but maybe that person can't all be blamed,after all,it was true that him and his group of friends were more like a gang since they tend to get in troubles and fights with other gangsters.

 

"What exactly do you mean?" Nayeon would have been surprised that Yerin asked the question if this was any other situation but right now,she too was full of curiosity and this was no time to be surprised by any other thing when in fact this whole talk right now was the most surprising thing ever.

 

" What I mean is,we know that there have been rumours flying around us about being in a gang and seriously I don't even know how that rumour starts..." 

 

" But you two just admitted that you were." Another surprise from Yerin which go unnoticed as she interrupted whatever Taehyung was about to say.

 

" Can you just let me go on and finish?" Taehyung whined cutely which made the corners of Nayeon's lips to lift up.Even if he did just say that they were in a gang,he was still really handsome and cute.Yerin nodded at Taehyung,asking him to continue.

 

"Okay.So,yes there are rumours flying and we admitted that it was true because we,as in us and our friends,we're more like a gang since we do get in fights with other gangsters,real gangster.For some unknown reason they seem to always pick fights with us.And of course,we're boys and we have our pride so we can't just let them do whatever they want.But we're not like those gangsters,in fact we're not gangsters,we're just...." Taehyung scratched his chin in thought.How was he supposed to exactly say what they were.He wasn't the best when he comes explaining things.

 

" We're a group that's like a gang only because we tend to get in trouble with the wrong guys." Jimin finished his sentence as he carefully said the words forming in his head.

 

" What about the rumour about killing a guy?" Nayeon asked quickly.If it was true that they were in a gang,could the part about the killing be true as well?She hoped not.Taehyung and Jimin were too good to actually kill someone even if they were in a group which was like a gang.This was confusing.

 

" No.That is abosutely and entirely wrong and is the most ridiculous rumour ever!!"

 

Nayeon was somehow relieved when Taehyung said that a bit worked up.She knew that that rumour was really stupid and agreed with Taehyung.So,these two were actually in a gang.Did she still fear them? Absolutely not.After all,it seems like they didn't get in troubles because they enjoyed it,it was actually because they got caught up with the wrong crowds.She took that well unexpectedly.

 

"You know,for some reason,even though your explanation was ty,I kinda get what you were saying." 

 

This time,all three of them were surprised by Yerin.It was surprising that she had actually understand them and she doesn't seem to be bothered by it unlike before.And she just said 'ty'.That had to be the most surprising thing for Taehyung and Jimin.They never knew that a girl like her who was elegant and polite and modest and first in their year could actually curse.They were surprised she even knew such words and looked at her like she had grown a pair of horns.Nayeon laughed out loud for three reasons.One,Yerin just said that she understood them which was surprising and she seemed to be unfazed by it.Two,she just cursed in front of the two idiots as Yerin secretly called them in her mind,Nayeon knew her too well,and three,Taehyung and Jimin had the most hilarious expressions ever when they heard a cuss word coming out from the ever perfect girl.They're probably shocked to their bones.

 

 

*****

 

Jungkook had been lying on his bed ever since after dinner.Lately,after his encounter with Got7 and the phone call,he seemed to have spend more time in his room,alone,than with his hyungs  or playing video games.For the past few days,he hadn't talked much to his hyungs and he knew that they were probably worried about him.He just couldn't help that he was so out of it.His mind had been clouded with questions after questions.Jungkook clutched his head as thoughts rang on his mind once again and memories of the past flashed before his eyes,haunting him.His chest tightened and his breath was irregular.He knew he can't keep everything to himself longer.If he does not seek advice sooner or later he was going to explode.

 

The clock on his bedside table read 11:30.Heaving a heavy sigh,Jungkook decided to get a glass of water.Walking into the kitchen,Jungkook found Jin on the kitchen counter,holding a cup of cofee on one hand and a book on the other.Jin,noticing the younger one's presence placed the book down softly on the counter and turned to Jungkook who stood before him,gulping down a glass of water.

 

"I thought you already went to bed.Can't sleep?" Jungkook found himself slowly nodding at his hyung's question.Jin sighed at the younger one who had dark circles showing his lack of sleep and how tired he actually was.

 

"Are you okay?" The question directed held more than just one meaning and Jungkook understood that.He wanted to tell his hyung that he was okay,just tired so that he wouldn't worry.But,he knew all too well that even if he lied,his hyung and the other hyungs would probably know that it was a lie and would be dead worried about him.Plus,he knew that he needed to get the heavy feeling off his chest sooner or later.And he chose sooner because seriously,it was eating him alive.

 

" Hyung.." His words came out like a whisper in the dead of the night.Jin patiently waited for Jungkook to continue.He knew it must be something big and troubling since it took this long for him to actually tell him,and from the distorting look of discomfort on his face,he was sure it was.

 

"What is it Jungkook? If there's something troubling you,just tell me.I'm here for you.And so are the others." Jin wanted to make sure that Jungkook knew that they were there for him.They had known each other since they were given a life in this world and had been together since day 1.They were brothers and they were a family.Jungkook took a deep breath and closed his eyes.It was actually hard to say anything and there was the familiar feeling sitting on his chest again.

 

"Hyung,do you remeber the incident with Got7 last week?" If he hadn't gone out that night,or if he had taken the other way home,the more crowded way home,would he have not encountered with them and would he not have been filled with this heaviness?He doubt it.Even if he hadn't encountered them on that day,there were high chances that he would anyway since they can always find him.

 

"I talked to Mark's uncle on the phone that day." He recalled the scene,every one of it.From the beatings to the old man's voice.JIn was confused about it.He didn't even knew that Mark had an uncle.But why was Mark's uncle involved?Before he could question Jungkook,the latter had started speaking which surprised him.

 

" He said he knew my parents and even asked if my dad had contacted me."

 

Jungkook took another deep breath.The next words he was about to say caused pain in his chest as he remembered Jung Hoon's words and his mother's pale skin and cold touch.

 

"He said that he was sorry for my loss and that mom was a great person.And also..." Memories of him holding on to his mother's lifeless body,crying out for her flashed in his mind.He felt his eyes stinging,teras threatening to fall but he blinked them away before they did.It was hard,but he was no longer weak.Jungkook took a sharp in take of breath and Jin was worried.He stood up and was about to go over to him but Jungkook's words made him halt.

 

" He also said that if his hand hadn't slipped,The bullet might've hit her shoulder and not her heart."

 

Eventhough the pain was still there,Jungkook felt relieved to have let out the words and talked about it to someone.It took all the courage in him to talk but he was glad he did.Jin was extremely confused by the younger's words.Bullet?How could she die from a bullet to the heart?She died in a hit-and-run accident.

 

"But your mom...she died in an accident." Jin softly said.Maybe Jungkook heard wrong.Or maybe they were just messing with him." Are you sure that's what he said Jungkook?" 

 

" Yes I'm sure hyung.I couldn't believe it either and even now I don't but,his words have been pondering in my head for these past days.I've been so confused hyung.He even said 'my hand.' " As much as he wanted for it to be wrong,he did hear him say it.Clearly and mockingly. " I just don't know what to do hyung." Jungkook sat on the stool as he wiped his tired face with his hand and ran his fingers through his hair. " These days,the memories just keep coming back,haunting me.And I couldn't even sleep at night from all the nightmares.I don't know what to do hyung.I don't know." His breath got shakier and shakier by the minute and Jin was now by his side,patting the younger's back,trying to calm him down.He was lost and confused as well so,he can't even imagine how much Jungkook had gone through the past few days he had shut everyone out and even right now.

 

"Don't worry Jungkook.I mean it.We're your brothers and we're a family.We will get to the bottom of this.Together.okay?" JIn soothingly rubbed circles to Jungkook's back.He was like his little baby brother and since he was the maknae,JIn can't help but to baby him all the time.Jungkook nodded unsurely.He knew he can count on them of course.But he doesn't know if he can fight through this pain again.Once was quite enough for him.

 

"We'll tell the others about this first thing tomorrow.So,for now,lets go to bed okay?You look tired." Jin asked as Jungkook nodded and slowly got up from his seat. "Don't worry Kookie.Trust hyung.Everything will be okay."

 

Jungkook walked up the stairs and to his bedroom,closing the door and letting his body fall on his bed.He was tired.He hadn't gotten much sleep lately from all the nightmares he had and the thoughts that swirled in his mind.But now,he was not alone.He had let it out and his hyungs were there for him.They were family.And he was going to do exactly what Jin had told him.He was not going to worry himself over something he was unsure.He was going to trust Jin and stop his worrying and just go to sleep.

 


 

I feel like this chapter was incredibly long but,I wouldn't write it any other way.

Enjoy it and please,please,pleeeaaasse  don't forget to comment.I want to hear your thoughts. :)