Chapter 1

The Most Beautiful Moment

A long chapter ahead for my dear readers.I really hope and pray that you don't find it boring.


 

Sunday mornings, especially in winter are usually spent sleeping in, catching up on the sleep that you've lost for the whole week, cozying up in the warm bed until your body aches all over from sleeping too much, and until you can't contain your hunger any longer. It is a day you spend for yourself by enjoying the quiet and peacefulness by just lazying around, covered in blankets, a cup of hot chocolate in hand and watching your favourite movies, or just by simply doing nothing at all. Well, that's how we usually spend our Sundays, unless, you're Park Yerin of course.

 

It was a chilly day in the month of February and to top it all, it was a chilly Sunday morning. But Yerin being Yerin, had already gotten up at 6 a.m, a routine that she had practiced for years. No matter how tired and sleep deprieved she'd be, she'd always be up and about at 6 in the morning. She couldn't really help it, it was already edged in her system. Of course, being the daughter of Park Yoochun, one of the most powerful businessman in South Korea, founder and C.E.O of Yoo Enterprise, owning almost half of the best luxury hotels and resorts in the country, 50 private buildings used for multifarous purposes, several stores and involving in many other businesses, you just don't have time to laze around. Even if she did, her father would make sure that his children would make the best use of their time by giving them loads of paperwork. And adding to that, her mother Kim Sohee is the C.E.O of a high fashion industry. No wonder,they were so high up in the social status that they just don't give a about people below them, much to Yerin and her brother's distaste.

 

Wearing a pair of black skinny jeans ripped across the knees, an oversized sweater and a muffler to keep herself warm, a pair of brown boots topped with a beanie and a sling bag,letting her chocolate brown hair flow down its natural waves, Yerin grabbed her phone, car keys and purse before heading downstairs and entering the kitchen, greeting her family who were having their breakfast.

 

"Going to the orphanage again?" Her father asked, not lifting his eyes from the newspaper he was reading.

 

"Yes dad. Sunday's the only free time I have to visit the orphanage." Yerin replied, taking a sip of her mixed berry smoothie and politely dabbing with her napkin.

 

"Do you want me to drive you there Yennie?"

 

"No, its okay oppa. I'll just take my car." Yerin replied to her brother who nodded in agreement."Okay. If you say so."

 

"Sweetie, why do you always have to go to that place every Sunday? Its not like its benefitting us in any way."

 

Oh boy. Here we go again.

 

"I told you Mom, I like going to that place. Its refreshing. And I really enjoy spending my time with the kids there." Yerin replied in a monotonous voice, stoicly munching away her breakfast,a little ticked off that her mother would always think it was unnecessary and unbenefitting to go to the orphanage. Unlike her parents, Yerin does not think that everything revolves around social status and wealth.

 

"I think its for a good cause actually." Her father spoke up, setting aside the newspaper and taking a bite off his plate. The siblings looked up at their father, a bit surprised that he'd actually say that it was for a good cause.Until..

 

"It gives off a vibe that we care about the people even at the grassroot levels of the society which, is quite benefitting for us actually."

 

There it is.

 

The siblings inwardly rolled their eyes. Of course, what were they expecting, that their father actually cared about the orphans? Hah! In your dreams! He was as cold and ruthless as the winter storm.

 

"Excuse me. I'll be leaving first then."

 

Finishing off her breakfast, Yerin dabbed for the last time, got up and bowed to the elders, signalling her leave. Her father nodded in approvement while her brother sing-sanged a "Bye Yennie~Have fuun~".Also, she could hear her mother's faint shout

 

"Don't get to close to those orphans Yennie. I don't want you to catch some disease and come home sick. Alright?"

 

 

"Gaawwdd!! What are they? Freaking Ebola! They're just kids. Adorable little kids who needs someone to love them. GAHH!"

 

Yerin inwardly groaned, stepping out of the kitchen, and into a door, leading to their garage which was a huge and enormous space, could probably fit a whole apartment.Ten extremely expensive and so ing amazing cars were alligned. And when we say ten most expensive and amazing, believe me, they actually are. It was one of the perks of having a father who is a business typhoon having shares in several renowned car companies.

 

The family each owned two cars besides owning two other cars, a black Range Rover and a Rolls Royce as a family car. Bogum owned a Lamborghini Veneno in silver which was his 'baby' and a Pagani Huayra BC in sleek black. Her dad owned a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita in black and red and a Bugatti Chiron in midnight blue, while her mom owned a Ferrari F430 and a white Bentley convertible. Yerin herself owned a Lykan Hypersport in black and a limited edition Bugatti Veyron in matte white which was a gift from her parents when she turned sixteen. Yerin and Bogum never liked to boast or show off their family's wealth but, they were at least grateful that their parents got enough money to throw around for these beauties. Cause come on, seriously, who wouldn't love and want these ing babies.

 

Choosing the most simple out of the ten, she hopped into the Range Rover, started the ignition and drove off to the orphanage. On her way, she decided to stop at one of the stores which sold various kinds of toys. Yerin was amazed by the amount of toys that were alligned in the shelves in different aisles. It always gave her a feeling of excitement and nostalgia. She walked along the aisle where many stuffed animals were arranged and thought hard on what she should buy for the kids. It was what she had always done when she went  for a visit to the orphanage. Sometimes she'd get them toys, sometimes clothes and sometimes delicacies. Seeing the looks on the children's faces whenever she brought them things was worth it. It always made her happy and energized. After having decided on what to buy, she began placing  the things on her cart. The people around her were looking at her with surprised looks on their faces when they saw the amount of toys she placed on her cart.Of course, buying toys for 60 children was not so little. After placing the final one, she decided to leave for the counter when she suddenly remembered.

 

"Ah! I wonder if they have it here."

 

Yerin searched the aisle for her favourite plushie.Not finding it in the current aisle she was at,she wandered off to another where she found that one specific stuffed animal alligned in the cornermost shelf.

 

"There it is!"

 

She dashed to the corner and took one of the Rilakumas placed in the shelf. She had always loved it since she was a little kid and had made a kind of collection as a hobby. Looking at the plushie reminded her of her childhood. She loved the Rilakuma plushie so much that she would drag it wherever she went when she was little and her father would always snatch it away from her whenever she was being punished. She would bawl her eyes out so much because of it and her brother, unable to hear his sister's cry, would secretly enter her room and secretly bring her the stuffed toy. He has always been the greatest brother to Yerin and is always soft towards her, and Yerin was, and is always grateful to him.

 

 

***

After buying toys for the children and a Rilakuma for herself, she started off again towards the orphanage. After driving for about 15 minutes, the tall buildings disappeared and the houses stood at least a few feet away from each other. Driving up a small hill, the car finally came to a halt and stood in front of a wide piece of land where an old building stood in the middle. The children were scattered around the field, playing among themselves which immediately brought a smile on Yerin's face.

 

"Aedul-ah~~! I'm here~~"

Yerin sing sanged as the children turned towards her and began rushing to her side. They really loved it when their favourite noona and unnie came for a visit.

 

"Eonnie~!You came." A cheery girl with ponytails who was about 10 years old came running to her and hugged Yerin, not able to contain her happiness.

 

"Yumi-ah,are you that happy to see me?"

Yerin chuckled happily as she pinched the girl's cheek. The girl nodded with a bright smile and soon the other children came running, engulfing her in a hug. She always loved this kind of energy that she recieved from the kids. It was refreshing and warm.

 

"Kids! Look what I brought for you guys~"

Yerin opened the trunk of her car where the stuffed toys were placed in paper bags. The children jumped in joy seeing that their noona and unnie had bought them gifts again. A chorus of cheers and thanks could be heard from even afar.

 

"Omo!! Yerin you came. I'm so happy to see you."

One of the wardens who was a kind ahjumma came and hugged the said girl. Everyone in the orphanage including the wardens were always happy to have her around. She was always welcomed warmly whenever she visited the orphanage.

 

"Yes ahjumma. I'm glad to see you too."

 

Yerin replied, her smile never once faltered since the moment she arrived. Mrs.Choi, the kind warden was like a second mother to Yerin.She had always treated her kindly as if she was her own daughter and Yerin really liked that. Yes, she does have a mom, a mom who gave her everything including the things she never needed and asked for and yes , she love her mother eventhough she sometimes gets on her nerve and can be a handful. But what her own mom failed to give her was the kind of motherly warmth that radiated from Mrs.Choi. Maybe the kids were unfortunate that they didn't have parents or family who would smother them with love and affection and material things, but, they were lucky to have someone like Mrs.Choi and the other wardens who looked after them like their own.

 

 

***

Sunday was the day that Yerin always looked forward to the most in a week. She loved spending time with the children and so do they. She read them story books, played with them and even had a little puppet show with the plushies she bought for them. When it was time for lunch, Mrs.Choi and the other wardens prepared them a hearty meal with the food Yerin had bought.

 

"I'm really grateful that you care so much about them Yerin-ah." Mrs Choi softly said as the two watched the children eating their lunch heartily.

 

"Thanks to you they get to eat delicious foods. Its not always everyday that these children get to taste food other than the plain ones they get here. With no proper funds, we don't have enough money to fill their stomachs with proper food."  

 

Mrs.Choi sighed in pity as she watched the children who had wide smiles plastered on their faces. Eventhough it was hard living in the orphanage, these lovely children were always cheery, looking after each other like a family. Of course, they were the only family that they ever had.

 

"Don't worry ahjumma. I really love these kids and I would do anything to help them. Maybe...I can get my father to fund the orphanage. I'm not sure if he'll do it but, I promise you, I'll try everything I can to make him agree."  Yerin smiled at the ahjumma whose face was filled with hope and gratefulness towards the young lady. She was not confident that her father would agree to it at all, but, she wanted to at least try and do everything she can if it was for the sake of the kids.

 

"Thank you Yerin. Thank you." She squeezed Yerin's arm lightly and smiled, looking back at the kids, a spark of hope for them in her eyes.

 

 

 

"Eonnie, can we go and get ice cream. Pleeasee~"  Yumi pouted at Yerin, causing her to laugh at her adorableness.These kids were killing her with their cuteness.

 

"Of course. What flavour do you want?"

 

"Chocolate! Chocolate's the best." Yumi happily chirped, bringing a smile once again on Yerin's face. She thought back and realized that the time that she would smile the most in her busy life was when she was with these kids. She hardly smiled this bright when she was at home or any other place. The only people who had seen her smile this bright other than the people here in the orphanage were her brother, her cousin Nayoung and..him.

 

"Okay.Kids! Who wants some ice cream~?" Yerin shouted at the kids who cheered in delight.

 

 

Since the ice-cream stall wasn't that far from the orphanage, Yerin, Yumi and four other kids, Jihoo, Hyejung, Hyeri and Minho decided to walk to the store. The little kids happily jumped up and down thinking about what flavour they should get. On their way, they passed a small playground where kids were playing and running about. Jihoo suddenly stopped walking and turned to the playground. Suddenly, he gasped, his eyes wide in shock and horror.

 

"Yumi! Noona!"  

The  little boy with a missing tooth called to the two girls who were walking a few meters ahead. The two turned their heads towards Jihoo upon hearing their names, including Hyejung , Minho and Hyeri.

 

"What is it Jihoo-ah?"

Yerin asked, slightly tilting her head and looked at the boy who had an expression of shock, worry and horror evident on his face.

 

"Noona! Its hyung! Chanwoo hyung!"

Jihoo shouted as he pointed towards the playground where a group of boys huddled around another boy, probably 11 years old.

 

Confused, Yerin turned to where Jihoo was pointing at and squinted her eyes. She tried to see through the group of boys to have a clear look at the one who looked like he was getting beaten up. Upon seeing his face clearly, Yerin's eyes widened in shock and horror.Chanwoo was getting beaten by a group of boys. His face was distorted as he clutched his side, tears streaming down his face

 

 

*****

Jungkook was walking down the streets of Seoul, hands in his pockets and headphones in, his bruises were healing and were almost invisible. He had been restricted to go out of the house, an order from Umma Jin, since he needed time to heal before his school starts after a week. Being in the house for the whole week, Jungkook felt like he needed some fresh air and quietly sneaked out while his hyungs were busy playing video games.

 

Walking down the road, Jungkook thought on his life. When school starts after next week ,he'd finally be a high school student. He wondered how his life as a high school student will be. After the incidents that happened to his family, and getting caught up in fights, the students from his previous school would always talk about him. He knew about the rumours that'd fly around about him and his family, about him being in a gang. Well,yes he was in a gang, with his hyungs and yes they do get into fights, but all for the right reasons and not like how they percieved him to be. His classmates feared him, he could feel it whenever he was around them. But he didn't mind being feared, that way no one will try to approach him. He didn't need unwanted attention and fake friends when he had his hyungs who would do anything for him. He didn't need anyone else, not even his family. His hyungs were all he needed. But, a small part of him wished that high school would be different. Though he didn't mind the rumours and the stares, he can't deny that they sometimes made him uncomfortable.

 

He was so lost in his thought that he didn't notice that he was walking in the path where skyscrappers were no longer visible and instead ordinary looking houses were standing, few feet away from each other. Looking around his surroundings, Jungkook found that he was unfamiliar with the place.He hadn't gone to this part of the city. Having walked for a while, Jungkook felt himself getting tired since his body hadn't completely healed and looked around in search of a place to sit. Spotting a playground a few feet away, he dragged his feet and began to walk towards it.

 

Reaching the playground, Jungkook found a bench near the swings and hurriedly  sat on it, relaxing his legs and stretching them up. He didn't know how tired he was until he sat down and let out a yawn.

 

"I wonder if the hyungs had noticed that I'm gone." He mumbled to himself and checked his phone. There were no missed calls or messages from any of them.

 

"Guess I still have some time left then."

Jungkook stretched his limbs, propped his arms at the back, putting his weight on it and looked up at the sky. The sky looked dark and gloomy.

 

Dark and gloomy. Just like my life.

 

Just as the thought crossed his mind, Jungkook heard a large grunt, followed by a voice that sounded like it was weeping. Looking to his side, he saw a group of boys,probably 12-13, beating up another boy who looked a bit younger than them. The group was huddled around the boy who was laying on the ground, taking turns kcking him at his sides. Seeing the look of hurt and the tears which were streaming down his face, Jungkook felt his heart clench and got up from his position.

 

"Hey! Stop it! What do you think you're doing?!"

 

Jungkook shouted at the group who spun their heads, immediately stopping their actions. Jungkook knelt besides the little boy and asked if he was okay.The boy slowly nodded, hurriedly wiping the tears off his face. Jungkook held the boy tenderly by his arms and helped him up. He didn't really know how to calm a person who was crying, let alone a young little boy, he wasn't even that good with kids. He panicked a little on the inside. Having no other choice, he cleared his throat and knelt in front of him.

 

"Don't cry okay. I'm here now. Boys shouldn't cry so easily you know."

He tried calming him down but the boy was still silently weeping which caused him to panic more. What was he supposed to do?

 

"If you promise to stop crying, I'll buy you some ice cream. Okay?"

Jungkook queried, praying that the boy would agree and stop crying. He let out a sigh of relief when the boy finally stopped crying and gave him a shy and adorable nod.

 

"You're such a girl Chanwoo. No wonder you don't have any parents." One of the boys who beat him up laughed at him, followed by his friends.

 

"Yeah! You're such a crybaby. We don't play with girls Chanwoo." Another piped in as the others snickered and made a joke out of him.

 

Jungkook was getting ticked off by what they said. How could 12 year olds say something like that. He was getting ticked off by 12 year old boys now. Just great ! He looked at Chanwoo who held his head down, trying hard not to let another tear fall.

 

"Its okay Chanwoo-ah. Don't listen to them okay." Jungkook cooed and patted the llittle boy, trying his best to not let him cry.

 

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY YOU IMBECILES?!!!"

 

Jungkook quickly spun his head around and saw a girl around his age, standing in front of the group of boys, arms crossed and anger evident in her face as she glared at the little boys in front of her. Behind her were five other children who had the same expression as her.

 

"Noona!"

Chanwoo exclaimed in glee when he saw Yerin standing there, arms crossed and with an expression he had never seen on her face. Fury. Jungkook turned to Chanwoo with a confused look.

 

"Noona? Do you know her Chanwoo?"

 

"Yes! She's Yerin Noona."

Chanwoo happily replied to him. Jungkook looked back at the girl who had the most adorable angry expression he had ever seen. Wait wait wait! Just Wait! Adorable? Really Jungkook??nononono.Scratch that.

 

"I said.." Yerin started, taking a deep breath and emphasizing each and every word 

 

"What.the.hell.were.you.punks.doing.to.Chanwoo.?"

 

"W-e.....we were just....playing with him." One of the boys quickly spoke up ,lie clearly evident in his face.Yerin snickered at the boy.

 

"BULL!"

 

Jungkook's eyes were now wide as saucers and his jaw dropped. This girl had just cursed, in front of the little boys. 12 year old boys. The group were just as surprised as Jungkook. They were now contemplating whether they should run and hide or not but their feet were frozen due to fear.

 

"H-e....he....asked us if he could play with us and w-e...we told him no .H-e...he kept on asking and we were...um.... annoyed so we beat him up...a little." One of the boys hurriedly piped in, afraid of Yerin who was throwing daggers at them, earning a few groans from the other kids.

 

"And why won't you play with him?"

 

Yerin asked calmly, voice so soft it came out as almost a whisper. Jungkook was slightly taken aback by her soft voice. He watched the girl in front of them and took the time to clearly look at her face. She was pretty. No, beautiful. With her long brown wavy hair, smooth and white skin, big eyes which were sharp but had a gentleness to them and red pouty lips, he swear she was prettier than the girls in his previous school. He was only brought back to the world after the words left the lips of one of the boys from the group.

 

"That's because he's an orphan! He don't even have parents. Why would we even want to play with someone whose parents don't even want him?!"

 

Loud gasps were heard from behind Yerin.Jungkook looked at the boy in shock while Chanwoo hid his head behind Jungkook.And Yerin? That was the last straw for her.

 

"That's it! Go die now you er!"

 

And with that Yerin grabbed the boy who had pushed her last button, taking him by the ear and twisting it hard. The boy was crying in pain as his friends looked at him with tear filled eyes, afraid of doing anything.

 

"Take that back! Take that back now!" Yerin yelled as she grabbed the boy by his hair this time, making him cry even louder.

 

"What's wrong about being an orphan huh?! At least he's nicer than you !  Apologize now !"

 

Yerin still held onto the boy's hair tightly. The boy couldn't even speak as his words came out in cries. By now,people around were watching them with weird looks on their faces.

 

Everything happened so fast in the blink of an eye that Jungkook had no time to react. By the time he was aware of what was happening,the girl had grabbed onto the little boy's hair who  was crying out in pain and a few people were watching giving weird glances.Jungkook stood up and held Yerin's hand,begging her to let go of the boy.

 

"Please let go. You're hurting him." Jungkook tried to pry her hands off but she surprisingly had a firm grip.

 

"Okay. I reaallly think you should let go. People are watching you know." Jungkook eyed the small group of people who were watching, curious as to why a young lady was yanking on a little boy who was crying. But Yerin still had no intention of letting the boy go. He really pushed her button. The little devil!

 

Meanwhile, Yumi, Chanwoo, Jihoo, Minho, Hyeri  and Hyejung were  quietly watching the scene before their eyes. They were a bit taken aback by Yerin's outburst since they had never seen this side of hers.

 

"I think noona's really mad." Jihoo quietly said as the others nodded.

 

"I'm scared. What if eonnie hurts him?" Hyejung asked, not wanting her eonnie to get in trouble.

 

Chanwoo looked at his noona and at the boy in her grip, feeling guilty that his noona had to hurt the boy because of him and softly called

"Noona"

 

Jungkook looked at the side and saw the surprised and concerned looks on the 6 children and sighed a heavy sigh. " If I had known this would've happened, I wouldn't have came out. "  Giving a final try, Jungkook turned to Yerin one last time and gently held her hand which was still firmly gripping on the boy.

 

"Yerin-ssi,  Please stop. The kids are watching. Do you really want them to see their Noona beating up a kid? What will they think?"

 

Yerin finally let go of the boy and sighed, much to the relief of Jungkook. She turned to the group of devils boys and gave them a death glare,

"If I ever see or hear you bullying Chanwoo, or any of the kids at the orphanage, consider yourself  D-E-A-D "

she said, ending the last part with an action of her thumb slicing her neck, signalling them that they were dead. The boys hurriedly ran off peeing their pants in fear.

 

Yerin turned to Chanwoo and knelt in front of him, inspecting his face and body

 

"Chanwoo-ah are you okay? Did they hurt you badly?"

 

"I'm okay noona. Hyung helped me before they could hurt me more."

Chanwoo replied with a toothy smile and looked at Jungkook who smiled back at him, feeling sorry for the little kid. Yerin turned to him before quickly turning back to Chanwoo.

" Chanwoo-ah, if the boys ever bully you again,tell noona,okay?" The little boy nodded rapidly and smiled at her. Even though he had a few cuts, he was still so adorable.

 

Seeing the two interact, Jungkook was reminded of someone. Someone who was no longer near him. He really missed that person deep inside his heart but would never admit it. An unknowing smile was stretched upon his face for a minute until Yerin stood up and faced him.

God, she's really beautiful. WAIT! What the Hell Jeon Jungkook?!! Pull yourself together man. You've seen better. It's because you're sick. Breathe in. Breathe out. Okay!

 

"Um.."

Yerin really couldn't find her voice. She had just embarassed herself in front of a stranger, by picking a fight, with a kid. God!Just take me now!!  

 

" Thank you. For helping Chanwoo earlier."

Yerin finally spoke in a soft voice barely audible. Jungkook swallowed hard,

 

" Uh..it was nothing.I'm just glad he's okay now."  he croaked. Seriously Jeon Jungkook. You are soo not the guy that your classmates feared right now -_-

 

" Hyung! Why don't you come with us?"

Chanwoo happily chirped, a toothy grin on his face as the other kids followed suit and asked him to join them.

 

" Ne oppa. You should come with us." Hyerin,Yumi and Hyejung ran to his side. Seeing their smiles, Jungkook almost agreed when he suddenly remembered. He looked at his phone. 12 missed calls and 7 messages. He opened one of the messages under the name 'Jin Umma' and gulped.

 

Jeon. ing. Jungkook

Sneaking out now are we?

If you don't get your back here asap

I'll break your bones and make them into a soup!

 

 

"I'm really sorry Chanwoo-ah. But hyung's gotta go now. Maybe next time?"  He smiled at the little boy who nodded.

 

" Okay hyung. But you have to pinky promise you'll visit."  Chanwoo held out his little pinky towards Jungkook. Jungkook as well held out his pinky to him before stopping mid way

 

" On one condition. If those boys ever bully you again, just hit them back okay? or.." Jungkook looked up at the girl standing beside him who was intently watching the two " Just tell this noona and she'll beat them up again." Jungkook chuckled at Chanwoo who gave the same response. The other kids were also lightly chuckling seeing the funny look on Yerin's face

 

"Okay!"

 

And the pinkies were intertwined.

 

"YA!"

 

Yerin shouted in disbelief. Just a moment ago this guy was telling her about not beating up kids in front of them and now he's telling Chanwoo to call her if he gets bullied again, just so she could beat them up.

 

" Un-ing-believable!"

 

She muttered quietly to herself which apparently Jungkook heard, earning her a chuckle as he stood up.

 

"So, I guess I'll see you guys later." He said to the little kids in front  of him, ruffling their heads as they chuckled. He turned to Yerin who was watching from the sidelines,

 

"See you too" he smiled and waved at her then left. Just being with the kids livened up his mood. Or...was it just the kids?

 

 

Yerin watched at the disappearing figure, mind completely blank until the kids' calls to 'hurry up' brought her back. She went back to the orphanage with the kids, and explained what had happened to the wardens and the other kids who came rushing when they saw Chanwoo. The sky was getting darker as it was getting late and she finally bid goodbye to the kids. Driving back, she thought about the event that had happened and laughed at herself. She seriously cannot believe she had picked a fight with a 12 year old. Wait till her brother hears this? He'd be rolling on the floor like a buffalo, laughing his hearts out. Her mind wanders off to the boy whose name she never caught. There was something oddly fimiliar with his dark yet soft eyes. She found them to be quite mysterious and interesting.

 

 


A/N

Okay 1st Chaps up! Soo..how was it?? Good? Bad? Boring? Let me know it in the comments. It was written in a rush since I really wanted to update.So there might be many mistakes.Hope you guys look past it for now.i'll fix it later since I really need to sleep rn.I'm barely awakeHope you enjoy it.(although it might be a rubbish chapter.uuughhh)fml <3