Prologue

The Most Beautiful Moment

 

"! He's getting away!"

 

"Quick! What the hell are you doing?! Catch him. NOW!"

 

 

The sound of hurried footsteps echoed in the still night as a bunch of men ran down the dejected part of the city chasing a person who had escaped. Like an animal after its prey,they pranced down the dim litted road,eyes scanning every corner in hopes to find the escapee,but to no avail.The guy was no where in sight.

 

Jungkook was panting hard as he ran,as fast as his injured legs could carry him,trying to lose the guys who were chasing after him.He could hardly catch his breath and his sweat was rolling down his forehead,mixing with the now dried bloods on his face,making him wince in pain as it burned once in a while when the salty sweat got in contact with his cuts.From the amount of cuts and bruises he got,he knew that if he let himself get caught,those punks wouldn't be so kind to him.Jungkook found a small alley where he could barely fit himself and ran towards it, going in as much as he could.He could hear his heart racing against his chest as he was holding his breath,fearing that they would find him.

 

He didn't know how the event had turned from walking home after his dance class to being suddenly pushed against a wall,getting beat up till he bled and now hiding in a small alley,hoping that the punks wouldn't get to him.He could hear the men shouting as they came running after him, angrily beating their bats against the steel fences along the road,spewing out curses. To his luck,the men failed to notice him and ran past his hiding spot and down the dark road.

 

 

***

Finally losing them, Jungkook let out a breath of relief and staggered his way down the road, taking a different turn. His legs were barely holding him up and his body felt sore and numb all over. He could really use a hot bath and some of the soups that his Jin hyung used to make whenever he came home in this kind of situation. Reaching the livelier part of the city, Jungkook could feel the weird looks people were throwing at him while some were trying to keep a good distance away from him like he was a walking disease. Even though getting beaten up until he was soaked in his own blood was something Jungkook had grown used to, people giving him judging stares and a look of distaste was something he clearly didn't like and could never get used to. He felt sick to his stomach.

 

Jungkook bitterly snickered at them and kept his eyes downcast, pulling up his hoodie and covering himself. Seriously, an injured teenager is walking and instead of trying to help,which even if they offered Jungkook would gladly decline, they were only either judging or avoiding.But Jungkook could care less about what these people thought of him. All he wanted right now was to get home in one piece and turn in for the day when he remembered how worried his hyungs must have been.

 

"!..the hyungs' totally gonna sack me for this."

 

He muttered and laughed dryly as he thought of his hyungs who were probably dead worried about him. He can't contact them now since his phone had died long ago.

 

Lost in his deep thought,Jungkook did not see that the traffic lights which signalled green had now turned red and began crossing the street. Suddenly,a beam of light was directed towards him and all he could hear was the massive honking of a car and people gasping and shouting words he couldn't really make out. Jungkook turned his head to his left where the source of light was coming from and felt his heart stop. The world fell silent for a minute as the car halted with a loud screech, forcefully throwing the passengers in the car up front.On reflex, Jungkook had crouched down in front of the car which was only a meter away, his arms thrown over his head, waiting for the impact. When he felt nothing, he slowly lifted his head and used his left arm to block the light coming directly at him which was somewhat blinding his eyes.

 

"What the hell is your problem?!! Are you insane?!!"

 

A middle aged ahjusshi stepped out of the car, shock and anger clearly evident on his face. Jungkook, woken from his trance finally stood up and faced the man in front of him.He could see from the corner of his eyes that a small crowd had formed around them, making his stomach churn in an uncomfortable way.

 

"Honey...calm down. Please."

 

A woman stepped out from the passenger's seat and stood in between his raging husband and Jungkook who looked like he was about to throw up being surrounded by judging stares.

 

"Are you okay young man? You're not hurt are you?"

 

The lady asked as her eyes scanned Jungkook up and down, a look of distaste on her face when she saw the bruises and blood on his face.

 

Feeling self conscious, Jungkook pulled at his hoodie, hoping to hide his bruised face better and bowed slightly

 

" I'm really sorry sir. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings."

 

Jungkook lift his head and gave a glance at the car where a girl, probably his age,and a guy who seems slightly older with curious eyes were seated. He turned towards the girl for the second time as she was staring right back with an unreadable expression. Jungkook finally lifted his gaze to the couple before him, giving them a bow and one last apology before fleeing the scene.

 

 

***

Now walking on the familiar road, he felt relaxed seeing his house standing at a distance. He stopped in front of the gates and stared at the large building in front of him. He let out a deep sigh before walking past the large iron gates and up the driveway. Just as he was about to open the door to the mansion, the door suddenly swung open.

 

"Where the hell have you been?!" 

 

A voice shouted at him making Jungkook jump slightly, worry evident in his tone.

 

"God..Taehyung hyung,please keep your voice down."

 

Jungkook irritatedly brushed past the bright red haired guy who was wearing an expression of shock when he saw the cuts and bruises on Jungkook.

 

"Oh My God!! Jungkook! Are you okay?" A guy in pink apron came towards Jungkook, brows furrowed in worry as he lifted his chin, scanning the cuts and bruises.

 

"I'm fine Jin hyung.Nothing out of the ordinary."

 

Jungkook faked a smile and plopped down the couch, wincing when he felt pain rushing all over his body. Just then, four other guys came running down the stairs and into the living room.

 

"....Maknae-ah are you okay!? What happened?"

 

"I'm fine, Hobi hyung. Those punks suddenly came at me out of nowhere and decided that it was okay to beat me up with a baseball bat." Jungkook replied bitterly as he recalled the scene, putting an arm over his tired eyes.

 

"Those bastards! You should've called for us Jungkookie. God! They got you pretty bad."

A slightly shorter guy with greyish brown hair came near him, somewhat enraged by seeing how beat up Jungkook was and felt his blood boil.

 

"Suga's right Jungkook. You should really call for help when you're in this kind of situation. You never know  what they might do to you."  

Another guy who had been standing in the corner, leaning against the wall frame who somehow seemed slightly authorative than the others piped in, looking annoyed as much as the others.

 

Jungkook sat up and sighed, leaning his head on the backrest. "I'm sorry Namjoon hyung.I just wasn't really expecting 9 armed guys to come at me."

 

"That's the point Kookie! These guys aren't just some thugs.They're gang members for 's sake! You can't just fight them off yourself. If I hadn't skipped class today none of this would've happened."A short muscled man with a cute face said somehow guilty as he sat down next to Jungkook.

 

"Its not your fault Jimin hyung.Besides, any of those guys would come after me any chance they get. Its not really something I can run away from."Jungkook sighed tiredly as he kept his eyes closed, hoping the throbbing pain from his head would stop anytime soon.

 

"Okay. That's enough for now guys. We'll talk about this tomorrow. Kookie-ah, you go and wash up. I'll bring you some soup and painkillers."

 

Jin said, eyeing the other guys to stop pestering Jungkook who looked dead tired.The others could only agree though they were reluctant to only because Jungkook looked like he needed a long rest and besides, going against Jin's words could lead to an angry Jin, especially when it involves the maknae, and angry Jin was like an angry mother hen. And what happens when mother hens get angry, you don't really want to think about it.

 

"Thanks Jin hyung. I could really use your soup right now."

 

Jungkook smiled innocently at Jin who gave him a hum and a motherly smile. Standing up,Jungkook had his gaze fixed on his feet.

 

"And hyungs,I'm really sorry for always putting you through this.I promise I'll be more careful next time".

 

Jungkook mumbled and fumbled with the hem of his hoodie, feeling guilty for always worrying the guys.He looked like a little boy who got scolded by his parents for getting into a fight with other kids over some Ironman toy.

 

"Its okay Jungkook. We just don't like you getting hurt and beat up almost everytime. And besides, its not like none of us had never came home looking like either,so, you don't have to be sorry."

 

Taehyung cheerily piped in and crushed the maknae in a side hug, making him wince in pain. Taehyung quickly let go and his face filled with terror and eyes at the brink of tears.

 

"OH MY GOD!! I'm so sorry Jungkook. Are you okay? I didn't break your bones did I?What should I do?"

 

Taehyung panicked and was whimpering like a puppy, he was always the best at overreacting. Jungkook laughed at his hyung's silly act soon followed by the others. Give it to Taehyung for always lifting the group's mood whether intentional or unintentional.

 

"Go now. You need all the rest you can get. School's already starting in a few weeks and you've got to get better before that. Now shoo!!" Jin ushered the boy up the stairs and into his room where Jungkook finally stripped down to have his long awaited relaxing bath.

 

 

Leaning against the bath tub, he could feel his sore muscles getting slowly relaxed under the warm water. Laying there, eyes closed with the only sound that could be heard coming from the silent drops of water falling from his fringe, fragments of his past and present flashed in his mind. It was at these moments when he was alone with nothing but his thoughts , though he wish he wouldn't always, would think back to his past, which was never delightful just as the present state he is living in.Jungkook let out a shaky breath and chuckled dryly.

 

"My life sure is ed up huh?"

 

 

*****

Mr. Park gritted his teeth and gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white. His wife beside him was trying to calm him down while his two children at the back looked like they couldn't care less.

 

"Seriously, kids these days are just insane! If they wanted to commit suicide why not put a bullet through the head or something instead of showing up suddenly in front of a running car as if they're trying to take someone down with them."

 

His two children who were gazing out the window snapped their heads towards their father, quite taken aback by his choice of words.Clearly they knew that their father was a strict and cold person who never really had the most gentle words but, what he just said was a bit too much. His son furrowed his brows in dislike at his father's words.

 

"Dad, how can you say that? He just might have been a bit careless, not actually trying to commit suicide."

 

"Oh come on! Bogum, from the cuts and bruises on his face I'm sure he was a good for nothing punk born out of a good for nothing people. Tch.I'd understand if he had wanted to end his life. Better being dead than stay alive and be useless. "

 

Mr. Park spat and scoffed while Bogum was clenching his fist, not liking how his father would always be so quick to judge people like he knew it all, especially someone he had never had any encounter with.

 

"Honey, you should calm down now. Thinking about those kind of people is a waste of time and energy. Thank God our children aren't like that."

 

Mrs. Park piped in as she gently  patted  her husband's arm, soothingly rubbing it in hopes to calm him down. Bogum sighed and turned to his younger sister , an annoyed expression on her face as she gazed out the window. She had always hated how her parents were always so quick to judge people and how they regard people below their class as despicable.

 

 

The car slowed down when they reached the richer part of Seoul. The buildings were huge with massive compounds, clearly showing off their wealth. The car drove past the large gates and up the driveway before it came to a stop. Men, dressed in black hurriedly came at the doors and opened the car doors, bowing in respect as they did so until all four of them were out of the car.

 

 

" I'll be going to my room now."

Yerin said, wanting to  be excused so that she could finally get out of her formal attire and heels which were killing her. She was never really comfortable with formal clothes and killer heels. She was more comfortable with a pair of jeans and sneakers, which of course her mother never really adored.

 

"Ah yes. You two must be tired. Anyway, dinner with the Jungs turned out great, especially since we have the perfect daughter and son. I'm sure they were jealous that we have such amazing and perfect people as our children." Mrs. Park chuckled proudly as her husband nodded approvingly.

 

"Yes it was great. I'm sure our business deal will be finalized soon." Mr Park dryly chuckled, motioning one of his men to take his briefcase.

 

"You two should head up now. I'm sure you've got paperworks to finish and I expect them at my desk by Friday." Mr Jung walked up to them, hands in his pockets as he sternly spoke to his children in an authorative tone.

 

"Yes father."

 

The two of them replied and bowed to their parents, bidding them goodnight before heading up to their respective rooms.

 

 

***

The day had been hectic as always  with attending meetings and having dinner with the Jungs. After washing up and changing out of the uncomfortable clothes to more comfortable ones, Yerin sat at her study table where stacks of paperworks were sitting. She sighed as she looked at the work in front of her and leaned against her chair, closing her eyes for a second. She thought back on the day's event and took a deep breath when she suddenly thought of the boy who was almost run over by her father. She remembered his intense eyes and his pale complexion which was in contrast with the dried bloods along his sideburns and on his lips. Sure he looked ed up, but everyone is. Why was her parents always so quick to judge? A sudden knock on her door made her forget about the mysterious boy.

 

"Tired?"

 

Bogum asked as he sat on his sister's bed, taking the stuffed animal from her bed and placing it on his lap. Yerin replied with a hum as she turned her chair,facing her brother.

 

"Don't stress yourself too much Yennie.You know its not good for you." He said in a worried tone as he shifted his gaze from the stuffed animal to his sister who was tiredly sprawled out on her chair.

 

Yerin scoffed at her brother's words. "How can I not when our father is the great Park Yoochun who have no room for mistakes." She retorted sarcastically.

 

Her brother let out a soft chuckle and placed the animal back on the bed. "I'm serious Yerin. Besides,your school starts again in 2 weeks. You'll need more time to focus on it. Why don't you just hand me over your paperwoks?" He asked in a serious tone,resting his elbows on his knees and clasping his hand together.

 

"I'm fine oppa. Besides, you have uni to attend too." Yerin sighed and sat up straight, folding her arms on her chest.

 

"Well, I'm sure I can manage them all." He shrugged, his arms now propped on the bed behind him and leaning back a bit.

 

"And I'm sure I can manage both high school and business works oppa. Have a little faith in me will you. I'm your sister." Yerin replied with an assuring smile.

 

Bogum sighed defeatedly. He knew his younger sister was stubborn as hell but he at least had to try or else she would try to take up too much work which would stress her out too much.

 

"Fine. Just don't stress yourself out too much again. And if it gets hard just tell me. I'll help with the paperworks. And don't forget to take your medications." He stood up, hands in his pockets as he towered over his sister who smiled and gave him an okay sign.

 

"Night Yennie. Don't let the bed bugs bite." He ruffled her hair and walked out her room.

 

"Goodnight oppa."

 

After the door closed, Yerin turned to her desk and opened the drawer. She took out a bottle of white pills and sighed. She took out a pill on her palm, staring at it for a second before taking out another two and gulping them, flushing them down with water. She placed the bottle back on her drawer and let out a deep sigh before turning to her desk, deciding to do her paperworks which was due in two days.

 

"I probably won't get any sleep,again."

 


 

A/N:

Okay...Drum rooolll....*bam ra ram bam bam babaaamm*... aaaandd the prologue's up guys! I know it probably kinda (Bleh!) but I really hope you bear with it because I promise it'll get better.

This is kinda not my first but kinda my first fanfic since I wrote and discontinued the first two.And I can tell you that the plots and all is all my own imagination and if there are similarities with some other fanfics,I DID NOT PLAGARIZE it.

Anyway I have a great feeling about this one and had been in my mind for a long time,so hopefully this will be the first one that I will be actually finishing so please don't think that I'll be abandoning this fanfic,again.The first chapter will be up ina short while since I'm having my exams which finally will end this week.Please subscribe and leave your comments down below.

Poster credit goes to my co-author and sister @gudbutbadgurl .Its not the best one out there but hey! she still does it better than me...teehee