Chapter 9

The Most Beautiful Moment

 


 

" The Renaissance first originated in Italy in the 14th century.It was regarded as the cultural bridge between the Middle Ages and modern history....."

 

....

 

....

 

" Ahhhhh!!! This is crazy.I can't do this anymore."

 

Jungkook whispered to his tired self as he slam his forehead on the thick history book.Their teacher had announced a pop quiz on Friday on the ' Renaissance in Italy' and so here he was,sitting on his desk at 9 on a Wednesday night,trying to immerse himself in his book while his hyungs were having the time of their lives probably immersing themselves in video games and whatnot.When Jungkook opted to study and declined Taehyung's whine about playing One Piece and his tempting  bet on whoever wins gets to have the other's car for a week,the crazy thought on his mind was

 

" Its can't be that hard Jungkook.Its just history.You're the golden maknae,you can do it.Fighting!"

 

Its been exactly three hours since he opened his textbook,and exactly three hours since he's been on the first page and yet,surprisingly,the amazing golden maknae-who-knows-everything Jungkook still don't know what the word Renaissance meant,or what the people in his book were actually doing.All he knew was that the men in the pictures weren't even wearing pants.They were draped in clothes and he wondered whether it actually gave them warmth.Were they even wearing boxers underneath or something?Did they even know the meaning of underwear? If not,then what if the wind suddenly blows,then were their brinjals or their cucumbers on display?

 

" What the hell Jungkook!!??? AAAAAhhhh~~~ I'm going crazy!!" Jungkook messed up his hair and screamed in annoyance as he dashed downstairs,finally having had enough of reading about whatever those little clothed men had done thousands of years ago.

 

 

***

 

" Was that Jungkook?"

 

Jin immediately stopped mixing his ingredients for his chocolate chip cookies and asked an oblivious Namjoon sitting at the counter,glasses on and reading a book which looked so y and seductive and if Jin was any gayer than he was,he would've slammed him down right on that counter.Ehem! Okay.Just as he was about to go and see what was happening,Jungkook came running down the stairs and plopped on the seat next to Namjoon looking like .

 

" What's wrong Kookie? Are you tired from your studies.Do you want me to draw you a hot bath to help you relax?" Jin cooed at his youngest son who pouted like a 5 year old.

 

" Hyung~~ I thought I was only bad at English but I was wrong." Jungkook placed his head on the counter face flat.He had never felt so defeated in his life than he did now.It was hard enough to agree with his hyungs that English was NOT his forte eventhough he was the one who kept on teasing Jimin about his terrible Engrish and eventhough he listened to hundreds of English songs,making covers in his free time.He swore that English would be the only thing ever in this world that he would be bad at.But thhat all changed when he read about half men posing like one of those French girls.

 

" It can't be as bad as English right? I mean,I gotta say,a 4 on English when you do covers of English songs? that was something else." Namjoon laughed at the memory of Jungkook coming home from school,full of pure anger and disgust in hiis face as Jimin and Taehyung strolled behind him with a feeling of satisfaction,probably from yelling to everybody and anybody on the streets that the golden maknae got a 4 on his English test.

 

" Oh stop it Joonie! You got an I.Q of 148 and yet you don't even know how to properly hold a knife,or cut an onion." Jin gave Namjoon a warning glare,mentally telling him to stop torturing the poor boy,though it was unintentional on Namjoon's part.Jin turned to the dejected boy and pat him on the head.

 

" Come on Kookie.Eomma will bake you your favourite cookies to cheer you up okay? "

 

Jungkook sat straight and slightly nodded.Although he doubt eating chocolate cookies will help him in his struggle,he was grateful that Jin was trying to help.

 

" Ne eomma."

 

Namjoon just shook his head in disbelief.He was glad that Jin was like a mother to the group especially to Jungkook,but sometimes,it gets a little out of line.Shuddering at what he was witnessing,he finally closed his book and went to join the others in the living room.

 

 

" Yo Namjoon,wanna go next.I'm the king of games!!" 

Hoseok hollered as he wiggled his ,doing his silly victory dance.

" Hoseokie hyung~~It's not fair~~You've been playing this game a thousand times." Taehyung whined besides him,throwing a tatrum as he couldn't accept the fact that he had to give his car and credit card to Hoseok for a WHOLE WEEK because he lost to him five embarassing times.

" And you've been playing with me a thousand times Tae.Just admit it.I'm good at this while you're not.I won,you lost and I get to spend a nice time with your car and credit card.Thanks Tae.I'll use i to my heart's content." Hoseok had a satisfied smile on his face as he pat the younger one who was curled up in a corner,sniffing and cursing himself for coming up this stupid idea.

 

🎶 I'm in love nune kongkkakji ssuieosseo babe,

    Haui siljonge huin waisyeocheu babe,

   Saramiya cheonsaya oh jesus babe,

   Nunbusyeo babe,sunklass babe  🎶

 

"Oh! Isn't that Jungkook's phone." Hoseok asked as Bigbang's Bae Bae continued to play on the device.Jimin hopped from one side of the sofa to the other side where Yoongi was sleeping like a dead log,not even hearing the phone ringing from beside him.Jimin slightly turned Yoongi carefully to his side,afraid that he might wake him up and reach for the device that was stuck in between the covers.

 

🎶 Jeongsini mangsiniya hollyeosseo nege,

    Piga hanjjogeuro tto ssollyeosseo nege,

    Wiheomhae you're so.... 🎶

 

 

" Hello?"

 

Jimin quickly picked up the phone before it wakes Yoongi up and he was not ready to start his life in hell.

 

" Jungkookie hyung?"  A little voice chirped from the other line.

 

" Uhhh...who is this?"  Jimin asked confusedly.Last time he checked Jungkook had no little brother,or nephews.

 

"You're not Jungkookie hyung? Who are you ajusshi?"

The little boy sounded disappointed,and Jimin felt offended.

 

"Hah! Excuse me?" Jimin scoffed " Ya kid...who are you calling an ajusshi?Huh? I'm Jimin okay.y mochi Jimin." Jimin's blood sugar level rose as high as the Himalayas.He had never felt so offended in his life.

" Ehhhh~ Ajusshi stop lying.I know I'm a kid but I know rice cakes can't talk.Ahjumma Choi told me that if I ever tell a lie I would stop growing and become poor so you shouldn't lie ahjhussi." The little kid countered and lectured to Jimin about the consequences of lying which indirectly offended Jimin a ssecond time.

" Ya! How dare you call me short huh?Are you insulting me right now? How old are you huh? I bet you're about 5 or 6 years by the way you talk so that means you're about 110 cm which would be around 3'6,and I am 175 cm which is 5'7.Now I don't know if your little peanut brain can calculate that but I am 65 centimetres taller than you.Understand?"

 

" Ahjusshi I'm already 11 years old.And my height is 149 centimetres.That means....you're only 26 centimetre taller than me ahjhussi!"

Jimin felt his manly pride digging its own hole where it was ready to hide to never come out again.What? 149 centimetres? Only 26 cntimetres taller? Who was this kid? He's already 11 yet he talks like a baby.He must be some spoiled brat.Before he could make his comeback,the phone in Jimin's hand was swiftly taken by Jungkook.He gave Jimin a look questioning who it was as he placed the phone near his ear but all he recieved from the mochi was a pout.

 

" Hello?Who is this?"

 

" Jungkookie hyung!!! Its really you!?"  The little boy on the other end was extremely happy and excited to hear his favourite hyung's voice.

 

" Oh!? Is that you Chanwoo-ah? How have you been Channie!? " Jungkook felt like all his worries and stress disappeared the moment he heard Chanwoo's voice.It had been a while since he visited him and he was glad to hear from his other little friend.( Oh yeah.Jimin is his other little friend but hey! The guy doesn't have to know that right?)

 

" I'm fine hyung.I just miss you hyung because you never visit me anymore." Jungkook could feel the pout the little one was giving and he felt apologetic.

" I'm sorry Channie.Hyung has been really busy these days.I promise to visit you this Sunday,if you can forgive me.Hmm?" 

" Okay! I forgive you.Oh hyung,who was that weird ahjusshi on the phone earlier? He even said he was a mochi.Hyung,can mochis talk?" Jungkook laughed at the question,understanding why Jimin was so hyped up earlier.Looking at Jimin who was still standing in front of him curiously,he walked back towards the kitchen.

 

" You mean Jimin hyung? I know he's weird but he's not an ahjusshi Chanwoo-ah."

Hearing his name,Jimin's ear perked up " What?Are they talking about me?And yah! Jeon Jungkook I'm not weird."

Ignoring Jimin,Jungkook continued on his conversation." Shouldn't you be in bed now Channie? Its already 9:30." Jungkook sat on the chair near the kitchen counter,nibbling on a cookie.

 

" It's alright hyung.Its ahjumma's phone.I was trying to call Yerin noona too but she can't pick up.I miss you guys hyung~" Chanwoo whined cutelly.He hadn't seen either of his noona or hyung for a while now and he missed them.

" I miss you too Chanwoo-ah.By the way,who's Yerin noona?Your girlfriend?~" Jungkook teased the little boy who giggled at his hyung's joke.Yerin.Jungkook don't really know who Chanwoo was referring to but a certain brown haired girl with the beautiful smile with the same name whom he met two days ago came to his mind.

 

"No hyung..Yerin noona,you know the one who was there when we first met."

 

Jungkook tried hard to recall the day he first met Chanwoo. " Ahh...the one who beat up the bullies for you?" he remembered.

 

" Haha..yes hyung.My noona's the best! She'd beat you up too if you were being a bad boy." Chanwoo laughed heartily and sounded so proud,Jungkook thought it was adorable.

 

"Oh hyung! I have to go now.Ahjumma said I need to sleep now.Goodbye hyung.I love you hyung." Chanwoo chirped as they both bade their goodbyes.

 

" Who was that?" Jimin who had been there all along asked,munching on the cookies.

 

" Huh? It was Chanwoo.The one I told you guys that I met like 2 or 3 months ago?" Jungkook replied,hurriedly munching on the cookies before Jimin devours them all.It was HIS cookies that Jin baked for him.

" OH! The one who was bullied by the other kids? The orphan?" Jimin asked as he recalled Jungkook telling him about Chanwoo the day he he met the kid.Jungkook nodded at Jimin's question.

" Wow.I don't really like him but I can't imagine him getting bullied.He's still so young." Jimin had a sad face on as he used his hands to prop his head in a dramatic way.He might not have really liked the kid for hurting his ego big time,but no one deserves to be bullied.Especially at such young age.

 

" Yeah.But he's fine now.You know I never told you this part but there was actually a girl,I think she's the same age as us.Chanwoo and the other kids at the orphanage seemed to know her well.So,when she saw Chanwoo getting bullied,she turned into this crazy beast and attacked the bullies.And the funny part was,they were only like twelve years at the most.You should've seen her! It was crazy!!" Jungkook laughed as he recalled  the scene like it happened yesterday and told Jimin who was now laughing like a seal from hearing the story.

 

" Wow.Really??!! You should've taken a video or something man.What was she like? Was she pretty?" Jimin thought it was a pity that he didn't witness the scene.It was common for boys to fight,or girls fighting with each other.But a girl who was of the same age as him picking a fight with little kids,that was something Jimin would like to see.

 

" It was so crazy I didn't even know what to do." Jungkook answered as he thought about Jimin's other question.Was she pretty? He doesn't really remeber exactly.  " I don't really remember her face clearly anymore but I think she had uh...brown hair? Long wavy dark brown hair and fair skinned.Umm...She had red plumpy lips and she was actually really pretty when...."  As Jungkook recalled the face of the crazy girl she met that day,another face appeared on his mind.The one he met two days ago at his secret place.Yerin. 

 

" Wait.Yerin?Yerin?" Jungkook furrowed his brows and nibbled on his bottom lip,something he does when he was deep in thought while Jimin was giving him his most judgemental look.

 

" It couldn't be..."

 

Yerin.The crazy girl's name was Yerin.And so is the girl she met a few days ago.

 

" But Yerin is a common name..."

 

Jungkook thought hard on it and tried his best to clearly remember the crazy girl he met a few months back.Something in him tells him that they were the same person but he wasn't so sure.It had beens months ago and his  minds had been occupied with so many things.Wrecking his deepest cores of his brain,Jungkook replayed the scene in his head.Both had long wavy dark brown hair,fair skinned,plumpy red lips and round eyes.As he thought more about it,they had the exact same name and same features.After a few minutes of thinking,Jungkook's eyes went round in surprise.

 

" OH MY GOD!!!!"

 

*****

 

It was another uneventful day at school.Same old boring halls and classrooms,same old people with the same old pattern.Its amazing how the people who are attending school together,who sit in the same classrooms,who share their lunches and laugh at jokes together were assigned different fates.You never know that maybe the guy that gets bullied by the popular ones and is a pushover for the others could be the next President or a famous celebrity,or the girl who gets laughed at for her weird sense of style could be a famous model or actress or a world known designer in 10 years.They may all be huddled in a space together right now,but,the future is never known.

 

" I don't know how to ask him to go with me without sounding like i'm interested in him Yennie~" 

 

Nayeon was stressing out about the whole inviting Taehyung to Haneul's party as she and Yerin walked down the hallway to their lockers,finally done with the morning classes and getting ready for lunch.

 

" Aren't you interested in him though? Stop denying it Nana." Yerin nonchalantly said as she opened her locker.No matter how many times Nayeon had denied about her feelings for Taehyung,Yerin saw through it all.The girl was completely head over heels in love with the guy and Yerin don't know what was weirder,Nayeon falling in love or the fact that she's in love with idiot no.1 a.k.a Kim Taehyung.

 

" Fine.Yes yes I like him.And that's exactly why I'm suffering right now!! I can't let him know that I like him,and asking him to a party screams exactly that ! Doesn't it?" Nayeon banged her head on her locker.It was hard falling in love with a guy who is your friend,and even harder trying to hide it.Its suffocating.

 

" I don't see what your problem is Nayeon.I mean you guys have been hanging out 'together' so its not weird for you to invite him to a birthday bash.You're thinking too much on it.Besides,I don't understand why you can't just confess." 

 

Yerin sighed and turned to her bestfriend.It was a new sight for her to see Nayeon being depressed about this whole falling in love with a friend and trying to hide it thing.It was weird but it was definitely something to see..

 

" Well yeah.Tell me about it when you fall in love with a guy who is also a friend and treats you like his buddy."   Nayeon rolled her eyes sarcastically.  " Besides,whats up with you and Mr.Handsome? You haven't even told me the whole thing."  Nayeon folded her arms and gave Yerin a look that says ' spill it now girl or you'll pay the consequences.'

 

" What? Mr.Handsome who?" Yerin was dumbfounded.Who the hell was Nayeon referring to anyway?

 

" Don't play dumb Yennie.You know him.Jungkook! The guy who you spent 2 whole hours with when you got angry at me and fled before I can explain anything.The tall and handsome guy with the cold and mysterious look." Nayeon huffed impatiently.She swore,if this was Yerin's way of getting back at her for not telling her about Tae,she would definitely go berserk on her.Yerin wasn't the only one with a beast hidden inside of her.

 

" Oh!  Jungkook!?"

 Yerin half shouted questioningly.  " What's there even to tell? I don't even know the guy.And what,Mr.Handsome?Seriously Nayeon?"  Yerin scoffed as she turned her heels to get to the next class,Nayeon following suit.

 

" What's there NOT to tell?You guys spent TWO whole hours together in God-knows-where.And you were all smiley with him when you enterd the school.Don't lie cause I saw it with my own two perfectly working eyes Yerin." Nayeon as a matter of factly stated.She was surprised to see her anti-social bestfriend with a ridiculously handsome guy and she was even smiling at him.That was something that rarely or better yet never happens.

 

" It was nothing.I just happened to bump into him when I stormed off because a certain person pissed me off."  Yerin eyed a guilty looking Nayeon. " We chatted a bit by the pond only because I felt like I needed to let my anger out again because of that certain someone."  She eyed her again.

 

" Okay.Okay.I get it.Stop giving me the dirty look Yennie.But,hey,I didn't know there was a pond in our school.We should definitely go there."  Nayeon was surprised to know that there was a pond in the school perimeter.She knew her school campus was wide and there was a huge fountain out front,but a pond,she never heard of it.Turning to Yerin who suddenly became quiet,Nayeon called out to her.

 

" Yerin?What is it?You hungry?" 

 

Yerin shook her head and smiled,slowly down her steps,she heaved a heavy sigh.

 

 " Its in our hideout."

 

" What?"

 

Nayeon was confused.  " What are you talking about? We don't even have a hideout here in the campus? Wait,do we have a hideout?" Nayeon furrowed her brows trying to think hard.According to her memories and calculations,they didn't have a hideout.Well,not in their school.They do have a tree house back in Yerin's house,but there was no pond.

 

Yerin chuckled at Nayeon's expression and stopped walking.

 

" Our hideout Nana.Ours." 

 

When Nayeon looked at Yerin's face,she had an expression.A look she knew too well.A look she showed only when she's either thinking or talking about him.And she understood.

 

" Oh."

 

It was all Nayeon could come up with.The subject was a little touchy for Yerin so they never really talk about it,unless Yerin was the one who brought it up.

 

" I thought it didn't exist anymore." The two continued walking,side by side,a sad aura hovering over them.

 

" I thought so too.But,apparently it still does.Because my mind was clouded that day my feet unknowingly got me there.I didn't even notice it at first until.."   Yerin again sighed heavily   " until Jungkook came up to me.He said he found the place and renovated it.He cleaned the pond,re-planted the flowers.Even the cosmos was there."  Yerin told Nayeon all about it.How Jungkook came up to her surprising her.How the place looked exactly the same with the same old willow tree,the pond and the cosmos.How she felt nostalgic at that moment and how she suddenly remembered the past.Everything.

 

" Being there,you know,it kind of made me..." Yerin started but paused.Its been a while now and it was hard to admit something like that without feeling hurt.

 

" Miss him?"

 

Nayeon asked in the most soft and caring tone.If there was anyone who understood what Yerin was feeling and what was on her mind,it would be Nayeon.Yerin nodded slowly,admitting it.Nayeon felt sorry for her friend.For what Yerin had experienced and for her right now who must be feeling so heavy.And so she turned back her cheery mode on.

 

"Hah! Well,that Jungkook guy must have done one hell of a job.I can't believe he did all that.And by himself?That's just..Wow!" She slung her arms on Yerin and had the most brightest look on her,trying her best to lighten the mood and Yerin knew,and she was thankful for it.

 

" I know right.Its not easy to redo all those.And did I tell you that he looked sooo familiar.Like,that wasn't the first time I've seen him before.I know I've seen him somewhere before but I can't recall where."

Yerin confessed.It has been bugging her a bit about it.His face was familiar to her but she can't think of any place where she might've met him.And besides,the guy looked like he just met her so it would be weird to just ask him if they've met right? Also,she was a bit out of it that day.Blame the willow tree,the secret place and all those memories.Maybe that was why she showed a side of her to Jungkook that only the people close to her saw,and she regretted it.Who in their ing right mind shows their true self to a guy they just met?She doesn't even know him.

 

" Well,I'm sure you'll figure out soon.Come on.My empty stomach is crying to be filled." Nayeon patted her belly and pulled Yerin along with her.

" Is there anything else that fills your head other tahn food?" Yerin shook her head and giggled.

"Hey! I do think of other things too.In fact I do so much thinking my head is about to burst." Nayeon defended.

" Oh yes,how can I forget.Besides food,you're busy thinking about Taehyung.God,what am I supposed to do?My own best friend in this world doesn't even have space for me in her thick head."  Yerin teased and sigh dramatically as she walked past a gaping Nayeon,stopping only afew meters ahead when she saw someone standing there,waving at her.

 

" Hey Yerin "

 

 

***

 

Its true when people say,you never know who the person you meet might actually be,he could be a wolf in a lamb's cloth,or vice versa.He could be a really kind hearted guy who isn't ashamed to help old people cross the street,or someone who offers his help to others even if there is only little he could do,or someone whose looks can decieve you.His pretty eyes and attractive smile may hide his true intentionss.Or,he could be someone who unknowingly witnessed your worst moment,or better yet,your most embarassing moment.You truly never know.

 

" Oh,hello."

 

Yerin was surprised to see Jungkook,coolly leaning against the wall just a few feet ahead of her.

 

" Are you going to the cafeteria?"

 

Jungkook asked,standing straight with his hands tucked inside his pockets.Yerin could have said that she was or even ask him if he wanted to tag along or something,but all Yerin did was nod slowly because this was unexpected.Jungkook being there and talking to him was unexpected.After their meeting,they never really talked,just a simple hello or a nod of acknowledgement was all they did when they meet,and that also rarely since they were in different grades and different floors.Before any of them could say anything further,Nayeon interjected.

 

" Oh hi! You must be Jungkook.We haven't oficially met.I'm Nayeon.Yerin has told me so much about you."

Nayeon basically jumped in front of him,surprising both Yerin and Jungkook,and took out her hand waiting for the guy to shake  it or something.Jungkook unsurely extended out his hand and shook a very excited Nayeon's hand.The girl showed so much teeth as she was smiling,probably bigger than Taehyung's that Jungkook was caught offguard.She somehow reminded him of Taehyung.Ahhh...This must be the one Taehyung hyung was in love with.They do seem to fit together.

 

Yerin,who was watching on the side scoffed at Nayeon and heat rushed to her face.

" Hey! What....what are you talking about? Stop making up things." 

It was awkward enough for her that Jungkook talked to her and now her stupid bestfriend who she loved was now making things more awkward for her.

" But we were just talking about him.About how you guys met and all.." Nayeon,acting innocently blinked and trailed off.She had already made a plan inside her head to play cupid.Though she hadn't really known Jungkook,she could tell with just one look.He might be cold on the exterior but Nayeon just knew that he wasn't on the inside.Besides,Yerin did spent two hours with him.And she even smiled.Never forget that because like she said,its a rare thing.

 

" What..what....Nayeon!.." Yerin tried to say something along the lines of ' its because you kept asking me and bothering me.And it was only that day ' but cat got her tounge.

 

Jungkook chuckled at Yerin's expression.Her pale skin was flushed all read and she had this really cute expression on.It was more surprising to see her this way after witnessing the scene a few months back.He finally remembered that Yerin was the same girl,the crazy girl he met a few months back and it was interesting to see and know that the girl who went crazy and beat up kids was the same girl who was always calm and composed.

 

" Well....if you'd like to know about our meeting Nayeon-ssi,maybe I could enlighten you on that." Jungkook studied the confused expression on Yerin's face.She probably hadn't figured out who I am.

 

" Oh really!? Please do.You know I was actually surprised that our Yennie here skipped class and spent her time with you.That's not what she usually does." Nayeon was more than happy to be enlightened.She had her invisible horns and tail,her plan boiling already.Yerin didn't know what Jungkook was talking about.All that happened,she had already told Nayeon.And why was the girl so eager for him to tell her.It can't be that she had already formed a crush on Jungkook right? Yerin looked at Nayeon and then Jungkook,who were both engrossed in a conversation.No way.She's too in love with Taehyung,unfortunately.

 

" Ya.Nayeon-ah.I've told you already.We just happened to meet near the pond.That's all.Lets just get lunch already.Didn't you say you were hungry." Yerin tried to stir Nayeon away because she was feeling awkward and uncomfortable. 

 

" Oh! Nayeon-ssi,I guess Yerin didn't tell you that that wasn't really our first meeting." Jungkook said before the two could ran off to wherever,probably cafeteria,surprising Nayeon and of course,Yerin herself who had the most incredulous look on her face.Jungkook chuckled at her expression and found it quite fun.Her expressions seemed to be the best.

 

" What?Really!!?? Ya! Yerin,why didn't you tell me that it wasn't your first time meeting?Are you trying to keep a secret or something?" Nayeon huffed and planted her hands on her hips,a look on her face demanding Yerin to spill the truth.But what was Yerin supposed to say? She didn't know it herself.

 

" What!? No! I swear I haven't met him before Nana." Yerin confusedly look at Jungkook,telling him to quit bluffing.Again,it was her expression that Jungkook found so  adorable that made him act so unlikely of him.

 

" Well,I don't know if I should really be saying this here.I don't know if you'll be okay Yerin?" Jungkook dramatically scratched his nape as if it was something really hard to say and something that couldn't be said out loud.It wasn't actually his intention to say it,he was actually there waiting for Taehyung and Jimin but meeting Yerin and seeing her cute expressions,he figured he'd a little,or better yet,help her remember hhim.

 

" What?What shouldn't be said here? What's the thing that'll make Yerin not okay?Huh? Tell me Jungkook?" Nayeon was now so deeply curious.She grabbed Jungkook's blazer in the most dramatic way,urging Jungkook to tell her while Yerin just stood there dumbfounded.Was this some kind of drama?Both of them were acting so dramatic.And what is this guy even blabbering about anyway?

 

" You see,the day I first met Yerin,it was such an interesting day...." Jungkook began in the most dramatic voice he could muster he was internally laughing at himself,quetioning why the hell he was acting this way..Nayeon nodded as a cue for him to go on.Yerin folded her arms and sighed.She wanted to scream BULL but she couldn't find her voice,and even if she did she'd be hushed by Nayeon.Besides,she was curious to what Jungkook actually have to say about their first meeting,though she was sure it was near the pond.Was it that interesting for him?Tch.I can't believe this.It's probably nonsense.

 

" I was walking aimlessly that day,trying to free my mind from several things.Though the skies were cloudy and it looked like it was about to rain,it all vanished when Yerin came to the scene." Jungkook continued,flailing his arms around to make it even more dramatic. " It was areally hard day for me and I came out trying to get some fresh air and that's when I found a playground.It wasn't big but really small and cozy." 

 

While Nayeon was listening to Jungkook's story like it was the most interesting bedtime story even though it was so bad,terrible,Yerin had had enough.She had no hard feelings towards him,but right now,she just really wanted to tell him to OFF.Heaving a heavy sigh,Yerin pulled Nayeon by her arm and urged her to just come with her and told her that they might lose the chance to fill their stomachs.

 

" And suddenly,I heard a bunch of kids bullying someone.And when I turned to look at them,it was a little boy around 11 years old." Jungkook looked at Yerin from the corner of his eyes as she stopped in her tracks.Yerin quickly turned to look at Jungkook who was already looking at her,and had a smile on his face.

 

" What? A kid was bullied? Why!?"  Nayeon was so engrossed in the story she basically shrugged Yerin's hands off.She couldn't believe an 11 year old kid was bullied by other kids.She knew the world was cruel but the kid was only 11!!.Jungkook had a sympathic look on his face.

 

" I know right.He was crouching down on the ground,and tears were streaming down his face because he was scared and hurt.And so,I went up to them and told them to stop."

 

Nayeon was on the verge of crying when she imagined all that in her head  " And did they stop?Did the kids who bullied him get punished or something?Was the little boy okay?"

 

Jungkook nodded," Yeah,they did stop.And yes,they were punished,somehow." Jungkook grinned looking at Yerin who was spacing out,thinking back on the incident that happened to Chanwoo a few months back.The situation sounded familiar.Why was Jungkook telling HER story?

 

" A girl suddenly appeared and beat up all the kids.WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! I was really surprised."

 

Yerin turned to Jungkook so fast her necks could've snapped.Jungkook gave her a really wide grin.His cold expression,those dark and mysterious eyes of him which at the same time had softness in them,the smile on his face and that jet black hair.It all came tumbling down on Yerin as realization hit her like a truck.This guy.This Jeon Jungkook whom she met by the pond and who was now standing right in front of him was the same guy.The same guy who had helped Chanwoo that day.The mysterious guy.The same ing guy who had witnessed her most embarassing moment ever in her life! 

 

" What's wrong Yerin?You look surprised?"

 

" Huh?What?"

Yerin turned to Jungkook who had the most innocent look he could muster.Tch.How dare you play innocent.You were the one who saved Chanwoo that day.I was the one who beat up those kids and you ing saw it.Are you having fun?Huh? Now that you know that it was me you want to play around now huh? You think it'd be fun to see the others laughing at me when you tell them all about it huh? I guess everyone's the same.You act like you were a really nice quiet guy with really nice hair and really handsome face but I guess you're showing your true colours now.You're a jerk.

 

" What's wrong Yerin?" Nayeon asked,wondering why Yerin suddenly became quiet,and also staring at Jungkook ,more like glaring.

 

" Ah~~I guess Yerin found my story really interesting huh? Should I go on Yerin-ssi? I haven't even told you who that crazy girl was." Jungkook smirked at Yerin who he thought had probably killed him in her head from all the invisible lasers she had been shooting at him.

 

Tch.Crazy girl? CRAZY GIRL!!??? That's right.I'm crazy and I should just show you how crazy I can be when I reach my limit.YOU'RE.GOING.DOWN.JEON.JUNGKOOK.

 

 

" There you are.We've been looking for you Jungkook-ah.Oh! It's Yerin and Nayeon."

 

A very familiar voice that belongs to idiot no.2 said from behind Yerin.Yerin closed her eyes in annoyance and cursed her luck.Why? Why now of all times!? But wait a minute,do they know Jungkook?How? He's a freshman though.

 

"Oh.Hey Taehyung hyung,Jimin hyung."  Jungkook waved at the two who were slowly approaching them.Nayeon greeted them like usual which was returned and in a flash,Taehyung was already beside her.Seriously.How can these two be so dense and oblivious about each other's feelings.They're already acting like a couple!

 

" Why are you three huddled together over here? I've been starving waiting for you guys~" Taehyung whined and asked as he put his arm casually around Nayeon's shoulder and the other doesn't seem to mind.He's been doing it all times,besides,why would you hate it when your big time crush puts their arm around your shoulder even if he only thought of you as a friend.

 

" Wait.Do you guys know each other?" Yerin and Nayeon asked,pointing at Jungkook and then at Jimin and Taehyung. The three looked at the two confusedly.

 

" What do you mean? Of course we know each other.We live together." Jimin said as he looked at Nayeon and Yerin who had confusion written on their faces." He's Jungkook.The one we told you about.Remember?" Jimin said,eyes shifting from Nayeon to Yerin who looked surprised.

 

" Ah! Jungkook! The maknae? Wah~~~ I didn't know it was you." Nayeon said as she realized that Jungkook was the Jungkook they had been talking about.The golden maknae or something.

 

Jungkook lightly smile " Could happen.I'm way cooler than them." Jungkook gave both Jimin and Taehyung a cocky smile and the two scoffed in disbelief.

 

"So you guys didn't know it was him?" Jimin asked as Nayeon nodded and Yerin just stood there looking unfazed.

 

" Then why were you guys here looking like you were talking about something interesting.I thought Jungkook was probably making up weird stories about me again." He continued through his puffed cheeks,making the others excluding Yerin chuckle.

 

" Actually....." Jungkook said and looked at a bored and unhappy looking Yerin " I was telling them the story about the crazy girl "

 

Yerin again,turned to glare at Jungkook,threatening eyes daring him to say it if he didn't want his body to get chopped off and fed to the pigs.But all Jungkook gave her was that innocent bunny smile of his and Yerin was boiling inside.

 

" Oh! You mean the crazy girl who beat up little kids?" Jimin enthusiastically asked,surprising Yerin who gaped at him and then at Jungkook who only shrugged.So he had already spilled the beans to these idiots!? ! Her life was ruined.

 

" What crazy girl? I didn't know you met someone like that.Tell me! Tell me! " Taehyung hadn't heard of the story and urged Jungkook to tell him about it,forgetting all about his growling stomach.At times,gossip was far better than food for him.

 

" Should I? I can even tell you who the girl is." Jungkook tilted his head to the side as if he was thinking,all the while eyeing Yerin who had turned all red and was about to explode.

 

" Really!? Who is it? Does she go to our school? Daebak!! Did you figure out who she is?" Jimin was the most excited.He was wondering why Jungkook acted like a madman last night,much like Einstein shouting ' Eureka! Eureka! ',except he wasn't of course.

 

" Maybe."

 

Jungkook grinned at an excited Jimin and looked at Yerin who was having an inside battle.She can't let him spill it,not to these two.She thought she could handle it if it was Nayeon,it wasn't a big deal,but now that these two have entered the scene.NEVER.The whole school would find out as soon as Jungkook tell them.She isn't saying that the two couldn't keep a secret,more like they can't contain their emotions without shouting to the whole world without thinking of the consequences..And if that happpens,then her 'ice-queen' image would disappear.People will no longer look at her like the calm,composed,gentle and perfect person but as someone who goes around beating up kids.NO! She can't let that happen.Not even if it killed her.She can't let that happen and she won't.

 

" Come on.Tell us Jungkook.You're killing me~"

 

" Yeah.Say it quickly.I'm starving~~ Or you can tell us while we get  something to eat!"

 

" Tae's right.I'm starving too.Lets get lunch first guys.Come on Yennie."

 

" Maybe she'd be there in the cafeteria too.God,this is exciting! Haha."

 

Jimin pulled Jungkook,following Taehyung and Nayeon who were a step ahead.Yerin watched as the four began to move,still not knowing what to do.What could be done in these kind of situations?She didn't know.She had never been in one.She slowly trailed behind them,biting the insides of her cheek as she thought of ways to stop her image from dying.She looked at Jimin who was continuing to urge Jungkook to tell him and then to Jungkook who was smiling,and to Yerin he looked like he was about to spill the beans if Jimin urged him any more than that.Yerin stopped in her tracks.It has to be now Park Yerin.

 

" Ya! Jungkook! " 

 

The four of them stopped and turned to Yerin,who had a determined look on her face.Everyone was wondering what was up but Jungkook wa surprised.That was actually the first time Yerin called him by his name.From the moment they met near the pond to having small chats that day,to seeing each other on campus a few times and up till this moment,she hadn't called him by his name,until now.Though Jungkook called her by her name a few times already even today,it was all small nods of acknowledgement on Yerin's side.So it was surprising for Jungkook.Sooo surprising that he was actually blushing because it felt.....nice.

 

Yerin knew she had earned not only the attention of her friends but also a few other passersby as well and she was well aware that that was the first time she called him by his name and was actually burning up for unknown reasons inside,but she had to act now.It was now or later,which would be too late.Yerin slowly took cautious and nervous steps towards Jungkook who was only  a few steps ahead,stopping right in front of him.Gulping down hardly,Yerin calmed herself first before suddenly grabbing him by the arm,catching Jungkook off guard and surprising Nayeon,Taehyung and Jimin.Before any of them or even Jungkook could ask what she was doing,Yerin dragged Jungkook by his hand,and ran.

 

In that moment,Yerin knew she'd have lots to explain to Nayeon and the other students were probably spreading rumours by now,but this was all she could think of at the moment.Desperate times calls for desperate measures.On the other hand,the moment Yerin took hold of his hand and pulled him with her,Jungkook could no longer hear the calls coming from Jimin,he could no longer feel the stares the other students were giving them.All he could see was the hand that somehow perfectly fit in his hand and which,surprisingly felt warm.He could clearly see her side profile,how she was heavily breathing,how her forehead formed a crease and her slightly furrowed brows,her brown hair boucing up and down as the two ran down the stairs.Again,Jungkook thought she was beautiful.He was mesmerized a second time.All he could see at the moment was her,and all he could feel was his heart that was crazily beating against his chest.

 

What's happening to me?