Bad First Day

Hidden Elites

I slowly walked to my next class making sure I don't hit anyone. I looked at my schedule and sighed.

"Fighting?", I questioned as I made my way to the gym.

I pushed through the double doors only to be greeted with a ball flying at my face. I pushed it to the side as if it was going in slow motion before I heard a whistle.

"Quick reflexes. Good.", the coach said.

I could see some guys walking behind the bleachers with Suhoon and let my curiosity get the best of me before I followed behind them.

"Ahh come on Suhoon. Your just being quiet because were not your brother's friends.", one guy joked.

I peered around the corner to see all of them around Suhoon who looked as if he's about to have a mental breakdown. One guy grabbed Suhoon's shoulder causing my anger to flare. Nothing but a bunch of bullies.

"Jerry keep watch.", the main one commanded.

I concentrated my energy in my hands before stalking behind Jerry. I moved my hands as I pushed energy into his mind before going back to my spot.

"Leave him alone.", I spoke through Jerry.

"What did you just say?", The main guy snapped.

"I said leave him alone.", I repeated before Jerry caught a fist to the face.

I yelped as the pain in my cheek burned causing all of them to look my direction. I silently cursed as they stalked closer to where I was hiding. I held my fists up ready for a fight before a voice was heard.

"Hey what's going on over here?!"

". Let's go.", the main guy cursed before they all ran through the door.

I sighed in relief before another voice was heard.

"You can come out."

I slowly stood up my eyes meeting Suhoon's. Only he looked upset.

"Are you alright?", I asked.

"They could've hurt you. You realize that?", he retorted and I nodded.

"I know but I could've taken them. I know how to fight. Something you weren't doing.", I said and he sighed.

"I have my reasons. Next time just stay out of it.", he snapped.

I stared at him before letting out a scoff.

"Yeah stay put of it and let you get hurt.", I stated and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Look I don't know if you know this but you're Hyunmin's friend. You and I, were not friends and we probably won't be. Yeah we're human but were nothing alike. You're more like those bastards than me. So just mind your own business.", he spat before walking past me.

I stood there for a while before a tear finally rolled down my cheek. I sighed before running out the door and to the roof. I spent most of my second period sitting there crying to myself.

"You're just like those mindless bastards. No one can ever accept you ", I mumbled repeating some words my "dad" said to me.

"That's not true.", Hyunmin's said sounding hurt.

"Why are you up here? Coach called your name and you weren't there. First day and you're already missing classes.", he joked before sitting next to me.

He smile became a frown when he noticed my tears.

"Hey what's wrong?", he asked and I shrugged.

"I shouldn't be here.", I mumbled.

"Why do you think that.", he asked before his eye's changed from brown to green.

He began radiating anger before I put a mind block back on. I let myself be vulnerable to him.

"Stop reading my mind.", I stated.

"He's never snapped on someone before.", he whispered and my eyes widened.

"I just wanted to help.", I mumbled.

"He was letting them beat him up again.", Hyunmin sighed and I nodded.

"He always does it?", I asked and he sighed.

"Don't let that bother you.", he told me with a frown.

"I should be used to harsh words. But I guess I'm wrong again.", I said wiping my tears.

"Don't worry I'll straighten him out.", he joked and I gave a small smile.

"I heard the coach before they ran but he never showed up.", I said and he nodded.

"Suhoon can manipulate sounds. You all heard coach's voice but it was because Suhoon projected that.", he told me and I frowned.

"Come on we have to get back to gym.", he smiled helping me up.

I wiped my face as we walked back downstairs. When we got back the class had already begun with the basics.

"Great gonna get chewed out the first day.", I whined and Hyunmin laughed at me.

"Soo Jin!", I heard and looked up to see coach Tae staring at me with his arms crossed.

"I'm sorry! I'm coming!", I shouted and Hyunmin burst out in laughter.

"Yeah Yeah. Your going up against Scarlet. No restrictions. All abilities aloud. Safety word is Elite.", he told me as the girl stared me down.

"Great."

I stood as a girl with dark brown hair moved in front of me staring me down. It was the same girl from my first class who shot at me. I prepared for a fight when the coach blew the whistle. She charged towards me and went to hit me but I caught her fist and pushed her back. She chuckled before materializing a sword and lunging at me again. I dodged the blade but not without cutting my sleeve.

"You can't win by running away.", the coach pointed out.

As I looked at the coach Scarlet landed a swift kick to my stomach causing me to fall backwards.

"If you can fight back you don't deserve to live.", she sneered standing over me.

She brought her sword down and I quickly rolled put of the way. I noticed Suhoon watching me from the bleachers and I groaned.

"Why must you be watching?", I asked my self as she kicked me in the side.

The one thing that threw me off was the look of fear in his eyes. Scarlet brought the sword up and I felt as if my body acted on its own. I pushed her back with an energy blast and she flew to the other side of the gym hitting the wall in the process.

"Elite!!", she screamed.

My eyes widened as the coach ran to her side. She sat up with a bloodied arm and groaned before everyone looked at me.

"That's enough for today.", the coach said helping Scarlet up.

"Did you have to hit her so hard?", A guy asked.

"You could've killed her.", another girl spat.

"I'm sorry.", I said to Scarlet but she ignored me as they walked past me.