New Attitude

Hidden Elites

Soo Jin POV

I stood at the bottom of the stairs looking up at the school with a frown.

"New day. New attitude.", I said walking up the stairs.

I opened the door and went straight to my locker before opening it. After putting my books away a hand slammed my locker shut and I turned to see Scarlet with a scowl on her face.

"You could've killed me you know that?!", she shouted in my face.

"Look I didn't-"

"What? I should get rid of you right now.", she sneered.

"I was just-", I started again.

"Wanting to give yourself a name around here? Well that's too bad because you won't survive long enough. The people here will eat you alive.", she spat.

"Why don't you just shut up and ing listen for once!", I snapped and the hallway chatter went silent.

"You tried to kill me!", I screamed back and her eyes widened.

"I was defending myself from someone who had tried to hurt me twice and you want to tell me that I was trying to make a name for myself? I was trying to keep from getting killed and you were the first to witness that. Now if you don't mind I have a class to get to.", I snapped walking through the hall to my next class.

I ignored the looks I was getting and went straight to an empty seat. I stared at my hands as someone walked in and sat in the seat next to me. The person cleared their throat and I looked over to see Suhoon with a black eye. I frowned but refused to say anything as the teacher walked in with a stack of papers in his hands.

"I'm sorry about the things I said.", Suhoon whispered and I nodded.

"I-I shouldn't have said those things.", he said shyly.

"Its fine.", I snapped.

"Then why are you acting like this?", he asked.

"I'm minding my own business as you requested.", I stated and looked at the teacher.

After a few minutes of silence I let out a defeated sigh.

"Hyunmin didn't do that did he?", I asked and he shook his head.

"No."

"Meet me after school were going to my place. No exceptions.", I told him and he hesitated before nodding.

The class is going to take a while since all we did was introduce ourselves. Suhoon raised his hand and asked to go to the restroom before getting up and leaving. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see a girl with point ears.

"An elf?", I asked and she nodded happily.

"Yep. You must be the girl everyone is talking about, Soo Jin. I'm Emi by the way.", she said and I nodded.

"I saw you talking to Suhoon. He's such a cutie.", she stated.

"Yeah I'd totally sleep with him but too bad he's demiual.", a girl beside her sighed.

"Really? I thought he was panual.", Emi said surprised and the girl shook her head.

"Nope. He's demi. Won't experience ual attraction unless he forms a strong emotional connection with someone.", she explained and Emi sighed.

"I know what demiual means Violet.", She said and the girl let out a laugh.

"Besides don't you have a boyfriend?", Violet asked.

"I called Suhoon cute. I didn't say I'd date him or something.", Emi defended and I chuckled.

Suhoon shortly came back and I turned around in my seat to finish our assignment. After the bell rung indicating class was over I grabbed my things and made my way to my locker.

"Attention all students and staff. Due to some issues in the witch craft lab school will release early at 1:30.", a voice boomed over the intercom.

I checked my watch at saw it was 1:15 and shrugged my shoulders. I felt a small tap and turned to see Scarlet with a frown.

"Yes?", I asked.

"I'm sorry. You were just protecting yourself and I took that as a threat.", she sighed.

"It's okay. Wasn't expecting things to go smoothly after that fight. But thanks for apologizing. I guess I'm sorry for pushing you into a wall.", I said and she smiled.

"We should start over. Hi I'm Scarlet.", she outstretched her hand and I took it.

"I'm Soo Jin.", I smiled and I let go.

"So maybe I'll see you tomorrow then.", she said awkwardly.

"Yeah. See you then.", I nodded when I saw Suhoon standing at the door.

I walked towards him and we began walking to my house. I could help but feel someone's eyes on me and looked around to see no one. I shook my head and we remained silent the whole walk.

"Just get comfortable and I'll be right back.", I said walking upstairs as he locked the door.

I grabbed my first aid kit and walked back downstairs to see Mia lying in Suhoon's arms as he laughed softly.

"Hey Mia.", I greeted and she meowed.

"Alright let me see.", I said and he moved his hair out of the way.

"Its okay Suhoon let me see.", I said again and he frowned before setting Mia down to lift his shirt.

My eyes widened at the bruised skin and I felt my anger boil.

"Is something the matter?". He asked quietly.

"No. Not at all.", I replied.

I dabbed the wet rag against the dried blood spots and let out a sigh.
 

"Something is wrong.", he muttered and I wrapped the gauze around his stomach.

I remained quiet as I finished dressing his wounds and setting my first aid kit to the side. He turned to look at me but my gaze remained fixed on the floor.

"You want to know why.", he said.

I lifted my head to look him in the eye and he had a sad expression.

"Its just the way I am. I'm used to people hurting me. I don't even attempt to fight back anymore.", he mumbled.

I balled my fist as I listened to him speak about himself.

"Because you let them.", I muttered.

"I can't fight back.", he retorted.

"Don't give me that bull. You have to ability to fight back yet you choose not to. That's why they hurt you. They see you as an easy target.", I argued.

"You wouldn't understand.", he sighed with a frown.

"Yeah I wouldn't. The two people I believed to be my parents experimented on me. A small child they found on the side of the road. They never stopped until I fought back and left.", I explained.

Suhoon remained quiet and I ran a hand through my hair.

"You don't fight back you'll eventually end up dead.", I told him and he grabbed his backpack off of the counter.

"Thanks for the bandages.", he whispered as he walked out the door.

I bit my lip before locking my door and going upstairs. With Mia on my chest I decided to go to bed early tonight. I her fur with a smile as I turned my lamp off.  

"At least he's talking to me.", I said closing my eyes.