Fights

Hidden Elites

 The next day I followed my regular routine and made my way to school. Today I had ability control with Mr. Choi. Boy won't that be fun.

"Ahh Soo Jin your just in time for roll call.", he smiled and I nodded.

I took my seat before feeling someone tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Scarlet and Emi.

"Wow I didn't know you were in this class.", Emi beamed.

"Yeah. Didn't know you were in my class.", I said with an awkward smile.

"We got off on a bad start. Even though I apologized I am sorry for trying to kill you and got in your face the other day.", Scarlet said and I nodded.

"Its alright. It was part of the class.", I sighed.

"Your first assignment is in the name of the course. Ability control. Most of you in here are still learning about the maximum extent of your powers. The course senior Kwon Jiyong and myself will be assisting you in this course.", Mr. Choi explained as I felt a burning sensation in my chest.

"We do deal with all types of abilities ranging from flight to shapeshifting.", Jiyong smiled.

I raised my hand and Mr. Choi's eyes roamed to my space.

"Yes Ms. Jin.", he said.

"May I go to the restroom?", I asked and he nodded.

"Go ahead.", he agreed and I got up quietly heading outside.

After doing my business I moved to the water fountain. But before I could take a sip someone grabbed a fist full of my hair pulling my head back. I looked up to see TaeHee with a grin on his lips as Jerry stood behind me.

"Wasn't hard to get you out here. Tell me how bad it burned.", Red smirked.

"Well look who it is. May I ask how you know our little Suhoonie?", he asked and elbowed Jerry in the chest.

"You little .", Taehee sneered before he backhanded me causing me to yelp.

"Damn that hurt.", Jerry groaned.

I stood my ground causing TaeHee to smirk.

"Anyone else would've cried by now.", he said landing a punch in my side.

I quickly retaliated by bringing my knee up to his crotch and he doubled over. I quickly followed the action and shot out energy blasts to each of his groupies. As I turned to hit Jerry something hard hit me over the head and I feel to my knees. TaeHee kicked me over and I laid on the floor trying to stay conscious.

"I'll deal with you later.", he said as the bell rung.

I could hear a loud ringing in my head and noticed a red puddle forming around my head. Once they were out of sight I could hear my name being called.

"Jinnie! Jinnie!"

I could make out a few figures running towards me. A blurry Hyunmin hovered over me calling my name before my vision out.

Hyunmin POV

I stood outside the nurses office as she looked at Jinnie. I felt someone's presence next to me and I looked up to see Injun.

"How is she?", he asked and I shrugged before the door opened.

"She should be home getting some rest. Whoever hit her, hit her hard. She doesn't have any emergency contacts so-", she explained before I cut her off.

"She can stay with us.", I suggested.

"I don't know."

"We won't hurt her. She's our friend.", I added and the nurse nodded her head.

"She can sleep in Suhoon's room. He won't be here for the week so why not.", I said and Injun nodded.

"She's in good hands.", he told her and she moved aside to me pick up Jinnie.

"You will find out who hit her right?", Injun asked and she nodded.

"Of course. We don't condone that type of violence here. You should know that.", she smiled.

I carried her outside to my car before lying her across the back seat with her head in Injun lap. I looked in the rearview mirror to see Injun crinkle his nose as if something stinks.

"Will she be alright?", a little elf asked me and I nodded.

"She should be.", I told her before driving off.

I could still see her standing there watching us as we drove away. After a while we made it home and Injun helped me get Jinnie situated on Suhoon's bed.

"She just got here. Who would want to hurt her already?", I asked and Injun frowned.

"What?", I questioned.

"TaeHee's scent is all over her.", he mumbled and I narrowed my eyes.

"Seriously? Why the would he hurt her?", I whispered as I stared down at her.

Injun and I exchanged looks before my eyes flickered green. I sat next to her and pried through her mind.

"Aish. I can't get to her memories. I haven't tapped into that memory reading ability yet.", I sighed and Injun nodded.

"Guess we have to go by my nose then.", he said before we left the room.

The next morning I yawned to find myself on the couch. My eyes scanned the room and landed on the clock causing me to curse.

" were late. Injun.", I said and he walking in the living room still in his PJs.

"I told the head master that wed be taking care of Jinnie so he approved of us missing school until she wakes up.", he informed me with a smile.

I sighed and remembered yesterday's events. I stood up and stretched before going to the kitchen to grab breakfast. I decided on simple toaster waffles and orange juice. Injun sat across from me as we sat at the table silently.

"Do you really think TaeHee did this?", he asked me and I shrugged.

"Could be. I mean he's a possibility. But question is why. She hasn't messed with anyone around here.", I stated before soft footsteps were heard.

"What smells good in here?", Jinnie asked and we looked at her with wide eyes.