Right or Wrong?

Hidden Elites

"Jinnie you're alright!", Injun stated excitedly.

"No yelling please.", she cringed holding her bandaged head.

"Sorry.", he said.

"Why are you up. You should be resting.", I stated and she looked at me with a confused look.

"Why I'm fine. Just a skull splitting headache.", she told me and I frowned.

"Do you remember why you're here?", I asked her and she put a finger on her chin.

"I remember going to the bathroom at school, running into TaeHee and then I woke up here.", she said and I sighed.

"So do you remember who hit you?", I said and it was her turn to frown.

"Someone from TaeHee's group I remember that. Not exactly who but one of them did it.", she said before a knock on the door was heard.

Injun got up to open it only to reveal a happy little elf with two other people.

"Hello. I'm Emi. This is Scarlet and Violet. We came to bring you guys' homework.", she smiled and I waved.

Injun moved to the side to let them in and Emi beamed upon seeing Jinnie.

"Soo Jin!", she shouted running up to her her.

"Call me Jinnie please. And not to loud.", she said causing Scarlet to laugh.

"That's the elf for you.", she stated causing Emi to pout.

"Ani. I just wanted to bring her homework.", she whined.

"Thank you for that. Who knows how much I've missed.", Jinnie laughed.

Before she could reply the sound of a key unlocking the door sounded. And my eyes widened when Suhoon walked in with a confused look.

"Hey you're home early.", Injun stated and Suhoon's eyes landed on Jinnie.

"What's going on?"

Suhoon's POV

"What's going on?", I asked never breaking my gaze from Soo Jin.

"There was an accident and someone had to watch Soo Jin until she woke up.", Hyunmin explained.

"Woke up? What happened?", I asked turning to look at him.

"Umm. She got into a fight and someone hit her over the head. That's all.", Injun told me.

"Well do you know who did it?", I asked and they frowned.

I turned to look at Soo Jin who was nervously tugging at her shirt.

"Who was it?", I asked again.

"When we brought her here TaeHee scent was all over her. We think they jumped her when she went to the bathroom.", Hyunmin explained.

I felt an unfamiliar tug in my chest as they told me TaeHee hurt her.

"But I'm fine now. So nothing to worry about.", Soo Jin said with a smile.

I took that moment to walk out slamming the door behind me ignoring Hyunmin calling my name. As I slowly walked down the street I could hear that unforgettable laugh that I try to forget. TaeHee smirked at me before tossing the basketball to Jerry.

"What can I do for you Suhoonie?", he asked and I cringed at the nickname.

"Why did you hurt her?", I asked and he chuckled.

"You mean your girlfriend? She wouldn't sit still so I hit her.", he told me.

"Sit still?", I questioned fearing the worst.

"Don't worry I didn't touch her in that way although I wouldn't mind. She just needs to stay out of the way is all. She interfered with our business so she suffered the consequences.", He told me.

" hits hard too.", Jerry groaned rubbing his stomach.

"Keep her out of this.", I warned.

"That's up to you Suhoon. She's your girlfriend.", Red added.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's Hyunmin's friend.", I muttered as I felt another tug.

"Well then I take it you know what to do.", TaeHee said brushing my hair out of my face.

I turned my head before walking off still hearing his dark chuckle. I made it back home ignoring Hyunmin and Injun's questions. I got to my room to see Soo Jin asleep on my bed. I let out a sigh before tossing my book bag to the floor.

"I have to do this.", I mumbled to myself as I sat next to her.

I placed my hands on her temples before my eyes change color. When I was done I slid to the floor with my face in my hands.

"I do consider you a friend. Which is why I can't have you getting involved in this.", I mumbled before Hyunmin walked in.

"Hey. You keeping watch?", he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. Just making sure she's alright.", I smiled.

"Alright. And thanks. I know you two don't talk really but this is nice. What you're doing.", he smiled and I felt guilt rush over me.

"Yeah.", I whispered.

"Anyway we should get ready for bed. Emi and the girls left a while ago and I'll be on the couch so you can have my bed for tonight.", he told me and I nodded.

"Thanks.", I said getting up.

The whole night I laid there staring at the ceiling wondering if I did the right thing. Why do I feel bad? I finally closed my eyes to let sleep take over but not without thinking of her.