Prime Academy

Hidden Elites

Soo Jin POV

My alarm clock went off and I turned over to turn it off. I hit the snooze button before remembering I had somewhere to be.

"First day.", I mumbled before taking a shower and brushing my teeth.

I walked to my closet in a towel before grabbing a uniform and got dressed. I rolled my socks up to my thighs as I tried to decide what shoes to wear. I shrugged and went with my ankle boots that fold over before grabbing my shoulder bag and rubbing Mia's head.

"Wish me luck.", I said and she meowed as she stretch out on my bed.

I walked down the street to the school building which was huge I might say. My senses flared as people walked by me. This was not a normal school. I pulled out my schedule and looked at where my first class was. I was so caught up in reading I didn't see a person in front of me. I bumped into them causing me to lose my balance before I feel a hand shot out and pulled me back to my feet. I looked up to see a boy with innocent features looking at me.

"Thank you.". I said and he smiled before walking away.

I rushed to my class and went ahead to take my seat. I kept my head down and didn't look at anyone until someone cleared their throat.

"I usually get this seat.", a guy said an I looked up.

"Woah come on she's new. Hey how about you sit with Suhoon this year?", the guy beside him said.

"Alright. Only because she's a girl.", he agreed walking towards the back.

The second guy sat next to me causing me to gulp.

"Hi I'm Woo Hyunmin. I'm a second year here at Prime Academy. So why are you here?", he said and I was dumbfounded.

"Ah sorry. I take it you have a special abilities right?", he asked and I nodded.

"I'm Soo Jin. But please call me Jinnie.", I said and he nodded.

"So you run away, neglected, abused? Why are you on your own?", he asked and I sighed.

"Ran away.", I replied before a familiar face walked in.

The guy I bumped into earlier was in this class great. I turned my head to look out the window as he passed by before who I assumed was the teacher walked in.

"Good morning guys.", he greeted and everyone replied back.

"Are we ready for another exciting year together?", he asked the room erupted in cheers.

He scanned the room before his eyes landed on me and I sighed.

"It seems we have a new face. Come on don't be shy come introduce yourself. I'm Mr. Jung by the way.", he smiled and I shyly stood up.

I walked to the front of the class ignoring everyone's eyes on me.

"Tell us your name, age, why your here and your abilities.", he said motioning to me.

"Umm. I'm Soo Jin but I go by Jinnie. I'm 18. I don't really want to talk about my past. I have enhanced awareness, enhanced agility, a number of mental abilities and energy projection.", I stated and he nodded.

"Show us.", he said before a girl created a bow and arrow from pure energy and shot at me.

Without thinking my hand shot out and an energy blast flew forward stopping the arrow. I looked down at the white energy flowing from my hand and quickly dimmed it down. The room was silent before the teacher began clapping followed by the class.

"Good job. Your the first to successfully project energy like that. Well in my class you are so you may sit.", he stated and I nodded before moving back to my seat.

Hyunmin tapped my shoulder playfully and I looked to see a smile on his face.

"Your human aren't you?", he asked and I nodded.

"Isn't everyone here?", I asked and he shook his head.

"Nope. There are all types of supernatural races here. Witches, humans, elves, trolls, vampires, and even fairies.", he said and I scoffed.

"Yeah right.", I said and he laughed.

"You don't have to believe me.", he shrugged before turning to Injun.

"But Injun. He's a werewolf. Suhoon and I are human though.", he told me.

"Suhoon?", I asked and he pointed to the guy next to Injun.

The one I bumped into in the hall.

"Well then I guess I was wrong.", I said and Hyunmin laughed.

"Guess you were.", he said and I smiled.

"Alright class. As most of you know I'm Mr. Jung and your getting group work on your first day.", he said causing the class to groan.

"Get in a group of 4 and wait for instructions.", Mr. Jung instructed.

Hyunmin waved Injun and Suhoon over and the four of us became a group.

"Didn't really introduce myself but I'm Injun. And that's Suhoon. He would speak but he's mute.", Injun explained.

I turned to Suhoon who shyly waved at me. I waved back before Hyunmin flicked Injun's nose.

"Ow what did I do?", he asked.

"He's not entirely mute. Its selective mutism. He speaks but not to everyone.", he explained.

"Not saying you aren't cool enough to talk to but he's weird.", Injun added before Suhoon kicked him.

"Ow stop abusing me.", he whined before Suhoon's expression changed.

" Suhoon I'm sorry.", he panicked and Suhoon nodded.

"Its alright.", he whispered.

After we got our assignment Hyunmin and Injun decided to do all of it while Suhoon and I sat quietly. I took a piece of paper and began writing a simple note. Before passing it to Suhoon.

SJ: I didn't get the chance to say thanks for not letting me fall earlier.

S: I'm mute not deaf ha but your welcome. You seemed to be in a rush anyway.

SJ: I was.

S: So why are you here.

SJ: Ran away from my...people.

S: What happened?

SJ: They lied to me. Let's just leave it at that.

I slid it back before the bell rung and everyone began packing up for their next class. Suhoon smiled at me before we walked out of the room.

"Hey Jinnie. You should sit with us at lunch.", Hyunmin shouted and I nodded before walking to my next class.