five

ANIMOSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

**

 

Mina is busy with reviewing the files that Jaebum gave her yesterday. There is an upcoming meeting with their investors so she has to finish her work on time. She typed save on her computer before cracking her knuckles ready for another revisions again. The phone beside her computer suddenly rings breaking her small break.

 

“Hello?”

“Mina come inside I need to ask you something.” Jaebum told her before hanging up the call. Mina gets up from her seat then enters JB’s office. She greeted her boss before walking towards his table.

“What is it Sir?”

“How’s the report I gave you yesterday?” he asks with his eyes on his laptop.

“I’m almost done with it Sir.” JB looks up at her then smiles

“That’s great!” he clasps his hands then leans back on his chair

“Is that all Sir?”

“No actually I want to ask you.” JB grins “You’re a girl and you know things.” He looks at Mina expectantly “Where do you think is the most romantic place Mina?”

 

Mina looks at Jaebum as if she’s answering a puzzle. It’s as if Jaebum is tricking him into a question. Does he suspect anything? Mina nervously scratches her nape.

 

“Uh they say Paris is romantic? City of love Sir.” JB smiles widely

“Yeah maybe that’ll do.” He types on his laptop again before speaking “I’m planning on taking my wife for a short vacation so I’m looking up places.” When Mina hears it her expressions becomes dim. “Have you heard of this famous restaurant in Hongdae? They serve really nice food here and I think Sana would really like it if I take her there.” Mina gives Jaebum a little smile. “Sana really loves eating at good restaurants.” Jaebum gush as he types on his laptop “How about you Mina? I haven’t seen you going out with someone? What happened to the guy in the marketing department?”

 

Mina shakes her head “There’s no one Sir.” It feels bitter when she says it especially to him. She can never tell anyone about Sana especially this man.

“Oh here I found a place in Paris with the perfect view and everything!” he looks really delighted with what he did.

“She must be really lucky Mr. Im.” Jaebum looks at Mina before shaking her head

“No I’m lucky she’s my wife but I haven’t been the best husband for her so I’m trying to make things right.” Mina can’t say anything so she keeps silent “By the way just leave the file here on my table when you finish it.”

“Yes Sir.”

 

And with that Mina leaves his office. She thinks on how hard it’ll be for Sana to make this divorce happen. She sighs before continuing her work she left earlier.

 

--

 

Jihyo enters Nayeon’s office with a cup of coffee in her hand. Her lady boss has been like this ever since the talk on the phone with her supposed lover Kim Dahyun. Jihyo knows they aren’t really official because Nayeon doesn’t want labels but she surely knows that Nayeon’s feelings for the girls are deeper than she says it to be. And add that the meetings she had with their investors which she doesn’t know if it went well. Being with Nayeon for a long time already she knows every little thing about her. Some would say she knows Nayeon better than Nayeon herself.

 

“You need this.” Jihyo says as she walks towards Nayeon’s table

“Oh hey Jihyo.” Nayeon merely looks at her

“Stop stressing yourself so much Nayeon-ah the meetings are over we’ll just wait for their decision okay?” Nayeon stops what she’s doing and looks at Jihyo “Don’t worry I know this will result in a good news.” She places the cup down on her table

“Thanks Jihyo I don’t know what I would do without you. ” she reaches for Jihyo’s hand and squeezes them softly “I don’t want Dad to be disappointed and telling me I can’t even handle his investors.”

“No don’t say that! You did well in the meeting.” Nayeon smiles a little “Did she call you or left a message already?” Nayeon shakes her head “I think she’s still upset.”

“Yeah I know who wouldn’t right? I don’t blame her she has all the rights to be mad at me.”

“Why don’t you talk to her?”

“I don’t know.” Nayeon retreats her hand and drinks on her coffee “What if she’s still mad?”

“You’ll never know until you go and find out about it.” Jihyo encourages her

“I guess you’re right I’ll talk to her later.”

 

//

 

Nayeon was at her office mending her headache when Jihyo entered with wide eyes and a troubled expression. Nayeon pinched the bridges of her nose before acknowledging her secretary.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

“There’s a package for you outside!”

“What package?” she drinks her coffee first before walking towards Jihyo “From whom is it?”

“Kim Dahyun.”

 

Nayeon was surprised she didn’t really expect that Kim Dahyun would do something like sending a package to her. Then she recalled what happened to them last night. She mentally face-palmed herself for letting those things happen.

 

“She did?!” her voice panicked

“Yes I signed it already.”

“What is it!?”

 

And just in time Nayeon’s phone ring breaking her and Jihyo’s conversation. An unknown number flashed on the screen with a message. She reads it to herself before showing Jihyo.

 

Hope you’ll like it. :)

Maybe we can have some coffee soon?

 

-Dahyun

 

“Nayeon!”

“I wanna see it!”

 

Nayeon and Jihyo went out of the room to see the package Dahyun sent. There was a huge bouquet of flowers, chocolates and a large rabbit plushie. It made Nayeon smile to herself.

 

“Wow.”

“I know Nayeon wow.”

 

//

 

PRESENT TIME

 

London, England

 

Krystal is carefully picking her outfit for the gallery opening later evening. She’s been in London for 2 days now because of an invitation from her former classmate. She accepted it since she’s been craving for a much needed vacation. After picking the dress she desires she walks to the living room and opens the big window overlooking the nice place. She hugs herself as she admires the view down her.

 

“Hmmm looks like someone is enjoying it here.” A familiar husky voice whispers behind her ear making her smile. The taller figure hugs her from the back as she place her chin on the latter’s shoulder.

“You’re here.” Krystal answers as she tightens the hug

“Yeah couldn’t let this opportunity pass.” She jokes earning a chuckle from the red-haired girl. Krystal slowly turns around then snakes her arms on the taller girl’s neck. “I missed you.”

“I miss you too Yoong.” And with that Krystal closes the gap between their lips

 

//

 

Krystal arrived late at their supposed family dinner at the mansion. Everyone else was already seated on their respective seats and enjoying the food their mother prepared. She kissed her father’s cheek then her Mom, her sister and lastly her brother.

 

“Take a seat Soojung-ah.” Mr. Jung said

“I’m sorry I am late.” Jessica looked at her sister before speaking

“Well what did our Soojung do to make her late for this important family dinner?”

 

Soojung scratched her nape before answerin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter