three

ANIMOSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

**

 

//

 

MONTHS AGO

 

After their dinner slash interrogation of Jaebum Mina had not heard anything from Sana. Her boss JB is also back at work as if nothing happened and seemed to be in a good mood most of the time so Mina assumed that he already made up with Sana.

 

“Hey I’ll be going now Mina! Take care!” one of Mina’s colleagues shouted before they parted ways. Mina simply waved back before she started walking on her own.

 

She passed by the nearby coffee shop first before going home. It became a habit of hers to buy some coffee first since drinking it was an effective way for her to relax and feel better.

 

“One Vanilla Latte please venti.” She gave the barista a small smile after she recited her order. After paying for the coffee Mina decided to take a seat and enjoy her coffee first.

 

She found comfort watching the people walk on the sidewalks and the cars bustling down the streets. She was sipping on her coffee when a familiar woman suddenly entered the shop. Mina almost choked when she saw the one who got inside. The woman looked around and a smile immediately crept on her face when she locked eyes with Mina.

 

“Minaahh!”

“Sa..Sana?!”

“Oh gosh what a small world huh?” Sana said when she reached the table Mina was occupying that moment. “Are you alone?”

“Ye..yeah!”

“It’s nice to see you again Mina! Oh can you wait I’ll just order some coffee and I’ll join you in a bit.”

“Ah yeah sure no problem.” Mina nods whilst Sana smiled

 

--

 

After getting what she ordered Sana joined Mina on her table again. Mina was just overwhelmed to see Sana again. She may not admit it but she really wants to see the latter after the last time they had dinner together.

 

“So how’s work? Hmmp?” Sana casually asked while stirring her coffee. Mina awkwardly scratched her head making the girl in front of her chuckle. “Why are you acting like you’re so nervous? I don’t bite Mina!” Sana joked

“I uhm I.. sorry it’s just that you’re my boss’ wife and it’s really weird for me.” Mina admitted honestly. “I don’t want you to feel that I am abusing your goodness to me Mrs. Im.”

“Hey don’t think about that okay?” Sana patted Mina’s shaking hands that were on the table. That gesture made Mina looked at Sana “I want us to be friends Mina.” She added with a sincere smile.

“Wha..t?”

“Can we be friends?” Sana playfully extended her hand “We should properly introduce our self to each other don’t you think?” Mina swore Sana was an angel sent from above.

“Yeah we..we should.”

“Okay so I’m Minatozaki Sana I am 27 and I work as a shareholder in my father’s company.” Mina finally accepts Sana’s hand as they did a handshake.

“I’m Myoui Mina and uh I work at Im Global and it’s really nice to meet you Miss Minatozaki!”

“Great so now that we’re actually friends..” Sana grinned “Don’t think of me as Jaebum’s wife from now on.” Mina’s eyes widened. “Just Sana Minatozaki okay?”

“Oh alright then.”

 

And just like that Mina and Sana became friends. They conversed and found some common things with one another like how they are both Japanese and what university they studied before or how they even got in Korea.

 

“If it wasn’t my father’s deal with the Im’s maybe I would still be living in Japan.” Sana stated when Mina asked the reason she left her country. “How about you Mina?”

Mina smiled then she answered. “Things were not doing pretty well back in Japan so my family had to move here.”

 

--

 

After a cup of coffee and sharing stories the two went out of the shop with smile on their faces.

 

“It was really nice seeing you Mina I hope we could do this again.” Sana said when they got out. Mina really enjoyed the time she spent with Sana and even if they just met each other she really find the latter’s company really comfortable.

“Yeah I had fun with you.” Mina admitted shyly

“Yeah..” the both of them got silent after that. It was just Sana’s phone that interrupted them. “Sorry it’s mine excuse me.”

 

Mina watched as Sana conversed with someone on the phone and she was unknowingly smiling all the way. She stared at her as if memorizing every inch of the other girl’s face. How her brown eyes looked so capturing or her pointed nose that Mina swore was the most perfect she had seen. Mina’s eyes even landed on her plump red lips and how they move up and down and and –

 

Sana turned her head so she can face Mina. “Uh sorry just my friend Jeongyeon being annoying.” Mina gulped and looked away nervously. “You’ve already met her right?”

“Yeah Yoo Jeongyeon?”

“It’s her.. so uhm Mina I actually changed my number so..” before Sana could even add a word to her sentence Mina already fished out her phone from her pocket.

“I..uh..here.” she handed her phone to Sana. Her hands were slightly trembling but she just cheekily smiled at Sana.

“Ah right.” Sana laughed as she punched the digits on the mobile. “Well I hope to see you soon if maybe you’re not busy?” she handed the phone back to Mina

“Of course!” Mina prayed it didn’t sound so excited when she said it. “I mean yeah I hope we’ll see each other soon.” She scratched her nape nervously making Sana chuckle.

“Alright I’ll be going now Mina! Goodbye!” Sana waved at the shorter girl before she walked towards where her car was parked.

 

“Goodbye Minatozaki Sana.” Mina mumbles with a smile.

 

//

 

Nayeon is busy reading the reports for this month’s profit. She had been working really hard for a certain project that she’s pursuing to land for the company.

 

“Ms. Im your father wants to see you.” Jihyo her secretary informs Nayeon as she peak slightly from the door. Nayeon merely glanced at her as she’s so focus on the report. “He’ll be here in 2 minutes.” Jihyo adds making Nayeon sigh and give in

“Alright alright!” the secretary smiled then closes the door.

 

After more than a minute a tall handsome looking man enters Nayeon’s office. He takes his eye glasses off then looks around the room for a while. Nayeon smiles watching her father look around the office.

 

“Nayeon.” Mr. Im called with his monotonous tone

“Father.” She bowed showing her respect for her old man. “What brings you here in such an odd time of the day?”

 

Mr. Im takes a seat and fixes his tie. He looks at Nayeon before speaking again. “I’ll be out of the country tomorrow and I’m bringing Jaebum with me.” Nayeon nods as she listens to her father “Your sister is still in London and there’s this meeting with the investors tomorrow and the following day.”

 

Nayeon was internally groaning since she knew what her father will tell her next. “You take charge while I’m gone.” He declares casually.

 

Nayeon wanted to argue since she already made plans for herself and someone special to her. She already has her tickets and everything is planned out but she has to cancel it to compromise for her father.

 

“May I ask why Jaebum has to come with you father?”

“He’ll be having a meeting with Mr. Tohashi, the old man requested to talk to him.” Nayeon can’t do anything but ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter