Chapter II

Break Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter II

 

     “Do you have any schedule tomorrow, Joohyun?” her mother asked, using her real name, who was eating the meal she prepared for her daughter. Seohyun just got home from a photo shoot in China with her members and she was starving. She didn’t have a chance to eat at the plane because she chose to sleep.

     Seohyun swallowed the food in before answering. “Opsoyo Eomma,” she answered, shaking her head and taking another spoonful of food to .

     “That’s good. You’ll have time to rest,” her mother said, a relieved smile on her face.

     Seohyun knew her mother was worried for her. She can’t really blame her. SNSD had been in and out of the country for the past months doing photo shoots, promotions, appearances, not to mention rehearsals. Even Seohyun can’t keep up with their schedules. With their comeback and tour coming up, they had been all over the place, preparing and promoting. They barely even have time to have a proper sleep and rest. Having a break, even for a day, is like a week break for them. They consider it a blessing.

     After she couldn’t eat anymore, she took her plates to her mother, who was washing dishes in the sink.

     “I enjoyed the meal, Eomma,” she said, smiling to her mother, hugging her using her one arm. A smile of contentment appeared on her mother’s face.

     She was about to put her gloves on to help her mother with the dishes when her phone table rung

     “Go ahead and answer it,” her mother told her. “I’ll handle this.”

     She thanked her mother and went to pick up her phone on the dining table. It was Jungshin. She frowned. It’s been a long time since he called her. She decided to go to her room before answering.

     “Hello?”

     “Hello Jjinggu, I heard you’re back in Korea,” Jungshin said, his voice sounding weary on the other line. At least she wasn’t the only one.

     Seohyun guessed he probably saw the news of their arrival on social media. “Yeah. We just got back, actually.”

     “I know you’re tired but do you want to meet up later?” Jungshin asked, after a moment of hsitation, which took her by surprise.

     This was the first time he invited her again. In fact, this was the first time that they talked to each other in almost three months. It was also the same with the other of the CNBlue members, Minhyuk and Jonghyun. They also haven’t seen each other for a long time since they were all busy with their own schedules. From what she knew, CNBlue was busy having a comeback in Japan.

     “Hyunnie?” he asked when Seohyun didn’t answer.

     “What time?”

     “Maybe seven? So you have time to rest.”

    At least something hasn’t changed. They were always being concerned for her. She smiled and nodded, as though he could see her. She would ask them about what happened when she see them. “Sure,” she agreed. “Where do we meet?”

    “I don’t know yet. I’ll ask the others and text you the info later.”

    “Arasseo.”

    “I’ll let you go now. I know you have to rest.”

    “Thank you. I’ll see you guys later then?”

    “Hyunnie?” Jungshin asked, his voice now soft.

    “Yeah?”

    “We missed you.”

     She gripped the phone, and closed her eyes, stopping the tears that wanted to come out. “I missed you too, guys.” If they only knew how much.

     Relief was all the felt when she hung up the phone. Relief that she was right. They still love her. Seohyun didn’t know what happened but they have been avoiding her for some time now. She missed them so much. At least now, they’re talking to her again.

     Soehyun stared at her phone, staring at Jungshin’s name on the call list. Suddenly, she remembered a conversation she had with with him, making her miss her three friends more.

    She got a call from Jungshin, who was probably asked by the other two members to do the talking, a week after her break-up with Yonghwa. Although Seohyun knew they wanted to reach out to her when they learned about the break-up, they probably thought it was best to give her time to herself. That was one of the things she had always been thankful for about them. They always think about for her feelings.

     “Jjinggu.” His voice was the first thing she noticed. It wasn’t as lively and as playful as before. She could feel the worry from it.

    “Oh, Jungshin Jjinggu,” she tried to keep her voice normal, not wanting to worry her friend even more.

    “How are you?” he asked, his voice soft, careful even.

    “I’m not okay at the moment but I’ll be fine,” she answered honestly. She knew they won’t believe her if she said that she was okay. Besides, she owed them her honesty.

    Jungshin probably wasn’t expecting her to answer honestly because he was quiet for a while. “I’m sorry.”

    “Anieya. Why are you saying that? You don’t have anything to be sorry for,” she told him. “Unless you don’t want to be friends with me anymore?” she playfully asked.

    “Of course not!” Jungshin quickly said. “What are you talking about?”

    She laughed, probably the most genuine laughed in days, knowing that whatever happened between him and their hyung, they will always be friends. That she was sure about. “Then don’t be sorry,” she said.

     “We’re still friends, whatever happens,” Jungshin reassured her, making what she thought earlier true. "We're just here when you need us."

    “Thank you.” After debating mentally with herself if she should say what she was thinking, she finally let out a sigh and spoke up. “I know you care about me and how I feel and I’m thankful for that but you should always take your Hyung’s feelings first. He is your hyung after all.”

    She knew the members were torn on who they will comfort. Their hyung or their friend. Seohyun didn’t want to be the cause of conflict between them and Yonghwa. Seohyun was the one who was hurt but while Yonghwa may have been the one who broke up with her, she knew he was also hurt by what happened. He loved her. That she was sure of. And hurting the one you love is painful.

     “I’m sure he’s also having a hard time,” she continued after Jungshin didn’t say anything on the other line.

     Instead of answering her, he talked about anything, probably to take her mind out the break-up, which it did. They talked for an hour. Jungshin telling her silly things, Seohyun laughing. It was probably the first time she laughed out loud and smiled and really meant it.

     That was almost four months ago. They kept in touch the following weeks after that but then they suddenly kept their distance. Seohyun thought it was because they didn’t know how to act around her. But even though it crossed her mind that they wanted nothing to do with her anymore, she knew it wasn’t the case. Seohyun knew them and they wouldn’t do that to her. She knew them enough to know that they value their value their friendship like she did.

     Seohyun couldn’t blame them though. Even her Eonnis and the CN

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter