No Reservations

Today I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It was the best time I had with a stranger."
~~~~~
 

Today I am going out for dinner, by myself. I declared today as a "me day" in which I spend the whole day doing stuff I like. I dressed up decently and checked everything before heading out. I am going to this famous restaurant in the heart of Seoul. It's nighttime and its crowded, as expected. Anyway, when I approached the restaurant, I was surprised that no one was waiting outside despite its popularity. I then spoke to the waitress outside who was manning the counter. 
"Table for one, please." I said. 
"Your name, ma'am?" She said. I was wondering why she asked me my name. 
"Oh. I am Wendy Son." 
The lady checked her logbook. Then it hit me. 
"I'm sorry, ma'am, but there seems to be no reservations made under your name." 
I FORGOT TO MAKE A FREAKIN' REESERVATION. 
"Uh. Yes. I forgot. Do you accept walk-in customers?" I said. 
"Yes, ma'am we do, but we highly recommend making reservations to eat here because not only is this reataurant popular, but it is also a fine dining one, which means it could take a long time before customer finishes dinner. The restaurant is packed full right now. You will have to wait for a while to have a seat, is that okay ma'am?" The lady said. 

 

And of course, I agreed, as if I had any other choice. No wonder there weren't any people waiting outside the restaurant, they all got reservations and now they're waiting for their meals inside, while I helplessly stayed outside alone, waiting for someone to finish their dinner. While waiting, I saw a really good looking guy seated by the window who seemed like he's ordering and then I found myself imagining him as my date and such. Maybe this was because of my hunger. I didn't know that I was staring at him so intently until he looked back and pointed at me while he talked to the waitress again. I snapped out of my imaginations and went back to reality. I immediately turned back and waited once more, trying not to remember what just happened. 

 

I can seriously hear my stomach growling. I was very hungry but no one has come out yet. Is this how long it takes to get a proper meal here? I was so ready to find another place to eat until the lady at the counter finally called out my name and said that there was an available table, but I didn't see anyone coming out yet. They probably going to make me seat somewhere at the back but at this point, I didn't care where I am going to be seated, I just want to eat. 
The lady escorted me to my table as we went in. She wasn't joking. It was packed full of hungry guests. I looked over the dining area but I couldn't find a single empty table. I was looking too far because that lady and I stopped in front of a table before I knew it. 


"Here's the only available spot in the whole restaurant, ma'am." The lady said and to my surprise, the good looking guy I just stared at was seating at that very table. 
"But isn't this table taken? There's clearly someone seated here." I said. 
"No. It's alright, have a seat." The guy said. He's quite a gentleman by his words and actions. 
"Are you sure, sir? I don't want to ruin your night." I replied to him. 
"No, really. It's fine. I saw you eyeing this empty seat a while ago. You must be really hungry." He said. 
I was so embarrassed. 
"But sir," I said. 
"Don't worry. I personally requested this. This table would be such a waste if it was only me seating here. I might as well offer it to someone else who needs it. Well, go on, take a seat and order

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter