Of Reunions and Films

HYE KYO'S INSTAGRAM UPDATES

 

Hye Kyo's Instagram Update 6

 

 

"Hye Kyo ah! Someone's looking for you outside," Hye Kyo's mother shouted from the first floor of their house. She rolled her eyes and rose up the bed lazily, fixing her tangled hair and the white polo she's wearing which belongs to him. Hye Kyo shook her head and slapped both of her cheeks making her less drowsy.

 

 

"Who is it this time?" She was annoyed because of the sudden visitor who just ruined her beauty sleep.

 

 

"Hye Kyo ah! Come down this instant!" Song eomma shouted again.

 

 

"Nae!!!" She looked for her elastic band but to no avail. Instead she grabbed a handkerchief to tie her hair up. She yawned in the midst of walking down the stairs. As soon as she reached the front door, she was shocked to see one of the famous directors in the industry.

 

 

"Director Lee? Omo! Annyeonghaseyo. I'm so sorry for being unprepared. I just woke up and I didn't know you'd come. Heol. Jeoseonghapnida," Hye Kyo apologized and bowed repeatedly showing the director how sorry she is.

 

 

"Aniyo. You have nothing to worry about. I won't stay long anyway. I just dropped by to give you this. The script for the upcoming drama and we've chosen you as the main character. You won't decline, would you?" Director Lee asked her nervously. Who would decline an offer like this? To think of, she would really like to work with Director Lee Eung Bok, the person behind the successful korean drama 'Dream High'. And besides, she can sense that this project will be a great success too. Nothing could go wrong.

 

 

"No, I won't. I'd gladly accept this new project. Thank you so much for choosing me and I promise to do well. And also, thank you for dropping this personally, Director Lee. You didn't have to but you still did. Jeongmal kamsahamnida," Hye Kyo beamed at the director. He smiled and bowed at Hye Kyo.

 

 

"I'm looking forward to work with you, Korea's Goddess. Before I go, we will have our script reading tomorrow along with the other casts which I will not state who for now. It's a surprise. Be at the KBS building tomorrow. I will have someone to fetch you on the ground floor," he said which made Hye Kyo nod anxiously. It's not her first drama but this one totally made her shiver.

 

 

"Arasseoyo. Thank you, director," she said for the last time before Director Lee bid goodbye. As soon as she closed the door, she stared at the thick paper she's holding and brought it near to her chest. She can feel her heart pounding so loud but she doesn't know what's the reason behind her anxiousness. Is it because of her insecurities that she might not meet the expectations of Director Lee? Or is it because she just have a feeling that something is about to happen beyond her expectations? Why?

 

 

"Hye Kyo ah, gwaenchanhayo?" She snapped back to reality when she heard her mom's voice. She looked at her, eyes almost filled with tears.

 

 

"Aigoo. What's the matter?" Her mom asked again. She ran inside the embrace of her mother's arms as she started to break down and sob.

 

 

"I'm scared," she whispered amidst the sobs. Song eomma Hye Kyo's hair and kissed it gently.

 

 

"The last time I saw you cry was 2 years ago. When you called me at 3 AM to come fetch you up your apartment because you're lonely and you're missing him. Now you're crying again. What is it this time? Is it about him again?" Hye Kyo pulled away from her mom's embrace and wiped her face. She pulled her hair in frustration.

 

 

"I'm nervous. What if I can't do this?!" She yelled while holding the script in front of her mother's face almost shoving it. Her mom squinted her eyes just to read the writings clearly. Once she read it, she now knows why her daughter is breaking down like a little child right now.

 

 

"You're crying because of that script?" Hye Kyo nodded still sniffing, "Hye Kyo ah, you're a great actress. I've seen you act since your first drama and you're really a pro when it comes to that. Why would you think that you aren't good enough? You won't garner millions of viewers and fans if you're a lousy actress. I admire your passion and how you do it with so much seriousness and devotion. Maybe you're just scared because you're pressuring yourself. I understand that this drama will be your break again since That Winter the Wind Blows, but please, don't pressure yourself too much. Remember what I always tell you? Everything will be alright. I know you can do it," Song eomma comforted her. But, instead of calming down, she cried out loud touched by her mother's words wich she doesn't hear everyday. It's the first time her mom said something as touching as that to her.

 

 

"Eomma! Saranghaeyo! Thank you for trusting in me," she wailed which made her mom giggle.

 

 

"Aigoo my big baby. C'mon. Stop crying and eat your breakfast. And! Don't forget to take a shower before you start reading the script. I'll be going out to buy groceries and I'll be dropping off to your aunt's house so just eat lunch without me later. Arasseo?" Her mom instructed her like she was some kind of a little kid. Hye Kyo just smiled and hugged her mother before helping her put the scarf on her neck.

 

 

"Take care, eomma," she kissed her mother's cheek and opened the gate for her. As soon as her mother was out of sight, she hurriedly went back inside the house making sure to lock the door behind her. She then ran towards the bathroom, did her daily routine, took a shower and put on her favourite house clothes. She poured herself a cup of coffee and made her way to the living room so that she can start examining and reading the script.

 

 

"태양의 호예"

 

 

The title of the upcoming drama is Taeyangui Hooye (Descendants of the Sun). Her heart started to beat faster, and she knew that it was because of excitement. Her anxiousness faded a while ago when her mother comforted her. As she turned to the next page, she smiled because she knew that this would be a challenge for her. It will be her first time playing the role of a doctor. Will she bring the character to life?

 

 

Hye Kyo woke up the next day and primped herself up properly before heading towards the venue of their script reading. She felt something inside her tingle. Maybe because she's oblivious of who her co-stars might be. Or who Yoo Si Jin, her soldier boyfriend on the script, might be.

 

 

"I hope they're someone whom I'm familiar with," she said inside her mind. She really hoped so.

 

 

After an hour of driving, she parked her car at the back of the building and made her way inside. She was greeted with a bunch of staffs, probably PD-nim's and was stopped by a girl with glasses.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Eun Sook imnida. I am one of the writers who wrote the script for Descendants of the Sun. It's nice to meet you, Hye Kyo sshi," Hye Kyo stood frozen for a while before bowing 360° to the person in front of her.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Eun Sook-jagkanim. The pleasure is mine. I'm excited to work with you. I promise I'll do my best," she said which made Eun Sook smile from ear to ear.

 

 

"They are waiting for us on the third floor. Kaja," Hye Kyo followed her lead. Once they got inside the elevator, the atmosphere became a bit weird. Eun Sook is staring at her non-stop which even made her more anxious and conscious.

 

 

"Jeogiyo. Is something wrong with me? I mean, do I have something on my face? You have been staring at me for quite some time now," Hye Kyo stated out of the blue. Upon hearing what Kyo said, Eun Sook immediately shook her head and shifted her gaze downwards.

 

 

"Aniyo. It's just that you're much prettier up close," Hye Kyo just smiled in return. She remembered that statement from someone. Sighing, she bit her lip and fought the urge to cry again. She remembered him. She always does.

 

 

The elevator clicked open and both of them got out. Eun Sook still led the way inside the office. Before entering, Hye Kyo heaved a deep sigh for the last time and entered with an average smile plastered on her face. The people inside clapped their hands as soon as they saw the Goddess.

 

 

"Welcome to the set, Hye Kyo sshi!" Director Lee shouted which made everyone cheer some more. Hye Kyo laughed and thanked everyone for the very warm welcome. As she was standing at the center, she was glad that some of the faces she saw were familiar to her. The actor Jin Goo, the angel Kim Ji Won , SHINEE's leader who loves to eat chicken, Lee Jin Ki, her sunbaes, Lee Seung Joon and Seo Jeong Yeon, Song Joong Ki and some foreign and newbie actors... wait... did she just mentioned Song Joong Ki?

 

 

She squinted her eyes to take a closer look at the man sitting across the table wearing a white sweater and a black cap. She can't be wrong. It's really him. Song Joong Ki. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE.

 

 

"Hye Kyo sshi, please sit beside Song Joong Ki sshi," Director Lee instructed her. She argued with herself whether to or not to sit beside his boyfriend, wait, are they still dating? But complied to the director's instruction. All production crew isn't aware of the dead romance going on between them so she's safe from speculations. But, she still can't deny the fact that she felt awkward sitting  beside the man whom she thought has forgotten her and their relationship. Her heart pangs with pain but she just shrugged it off.

 

 

"Shall we introduce ourselves then?" Director Lee suggested.

 

 

"Hello, I'm Kim Ji Won and I'll be playing Yoon Myeong Ju."

 

 

"I'm Jin Goo and I'll be playing Seo Dae Yeong."

 

 

"I'm Song Hye Kyo playing Kang Mo Yeon,"

before Hye Kyo can sit, she can feel a pair of eyes staring at her intently, but chose to ignore it otherwise.

 

 

"I'm Song Joong Ki who just left the army,"

Joong Ki said which made everyone laugh, well, except for Song Hye Kyo who just smiled lightly.

 

 

"You just got discharged and you didn't tell me. Now you're acting like we don't have a thing at all. What a bad boyfriend," Hye Kyo said inside her head. She felt like rolling her eyes and scolding him but no, she must control herself.

 

 

"Sitting here makes me feel like I'm playing a script writer. I'm the script writer Kim Eun Sook. I met Hye Kyo first a while ago and all I can say is that she is really beautiful,"

she added. The staff laughed once again while Hye Kyo tried hard not to blush about the sudden compliment.

 

 

"I would appreciate if you kept the plot a secret,"

was all Director Lee could say before proceeding for the script reading.

 

 

It was Joong Ki's turn to deliver his line. Hye Kyo felt nervous, again, because it's one of the scenes which involves skinship.

 

 

"I wanted a melodrama, but this is a blockbuster."

 

 

After he said that, Hye Kyo looked upwards when she felt something warm rubbing against her shoulder. It was Joong Ki's forehead. The staff erupted into giggles and teasing sounds which made Hye Kyo a bit uncomfortable.

 

 

"Ah jinjja! How can he do that all of a sudden? I'm mad at him. Like really mad!" Hye Kyo sighed at the thought. She missed him, a lot. Only if he knew. But no, he doesn't and now he's acting like he didn't do something wrong.

 

 

It was then when she felt weight above her right hand. She looked down only to find Joong Ki's hand above hers, struggling to lift her hand and intertwine it with his own without the others noticing it. She gulped. She doesn't know how to react. She's mad at him. She's mad for not contacting her when he got discharged, for keeping everything from her. She's mad because she missed him so much but he seems like he doesn't even care. She's mad but the minute he held her hand, everything bursted and faded like a bubble.

 

 

"Mianhaeyo. I'll explain everything later. Will you hear me out?" He whispered. She bit her lip and nodded quickly.

 

 

Once the script reading ended, Hye Kyo stormed out the office and hurriedly went outside towards the parking lot. She went inside her car, waiting for Joong Ki, since he said that he'd follow her a few seconds after she's gone. A sudden knock came from the window and there she saw Song Joong Ki with red roses on his right hand and a cute fluffy bear on the other. Hye Kyo couldn't believe him.

 

 

"Yah. Aren't you going to let me in?" Hye Kyo smiled warmly and opened the door for him since he has no free hands to do it himself.

 

 

"These are for you. I'm sorry. For being such a jerk. For not reaching out to you after I got discharged. I just got scared, you know. I thought you forgot about me. I thought you don't love me anymore. I always follow you everytime you go outside your house. I always make sure that you're safe everytime you go out. I've been stalking you since I left the army. I just didn't have the courage to show myself to you. I'm s-" Hye Kyo cut him off with a kiss on the lips. It's their first kiss and it felt like heaven for them. He pulled her closer, making sure that there's no gap between them, and tasted the lips of her lover which meant everything to him. She pulled away first and rested her forehead against his before sobbing.

 

 

"I hate you. Why are you like this?! You made me worry. You made me cry every night. You're so unfair!" She cried out which made Joong Ki guilty for what he has done. If it weren't for him, Hye Kyo must've been happy.

 

 

"Jeoseonghapnida, my Hye Kyo. I promise I'll make it up to you," He whispered. He felt Hye Kyo nod at his embrace. He sighed in relief and hugged her tighter.

 

 

As Hye Kyo went inside her house, she smiled and hugged the bear he gave.

 

 

"Someone's happy," her mom said in a sing-song voice.

 

 

"Eommaaaa~ Song Joong Ki is back. He gave me this and apologized for everything. Plus, he's my lover in that upcoming drama I've accepted yesterday!" She beamed. Song eomma smiled inwardly because seeing her daughter happy makes her happy too.

 

 

"Come. I'll take a picture of you and that cute bear."

 

 

"Wah jinjja?!" Hye Kyo ran and plopped herself towards the sofa while hugging the bear, imagining it was Joong Ki.

 

 

"Hana, dul, set!"

 

 

As Hye Kyo was about to put the bear beside her, she noticed something sparkly from its neck. She took a look closer and was beyond shocked when she saw a ring disguised as a necklace. She smiled and unhooked the necklace from the bear's neck. She immediately put it on its own.

 

 

"링가" (the ring)

Then hit the post button.

 

 

Good night, Hye Kyo ah. 정말 사랑해요!

 

 

She smiled upon reading the message her boyfriend sent her.

 

 

Good night, my aegi. 나도 사랑해요 <3

 

 

She replied before going to sleep with a smile on her face.

 

 

Hye Kyo never thought that everything will be worth it once they see each other again for the first time in 21 months.

 

 

Thank you, Joong Ki ah. Thank you for coming back to me.


 

A/N: Omo. I'm shocked to see how long this chapter seems to be lol. thanks for reading <3