Of Promises and Tears

HYE KYO'S INSTAGRAM UPDATES

 

Hye Kyo's Instagram Update 5

 

 

 

Hye Kyo sat around the corner, sulking while sipping her frappe. She looked at her phone, then her watch, then the door of the shop and back at her watch again. She was waiting for her friend who promised to shop with her that day.

 

 

"Aish. Shall I go home?" She asked herself. She put her empty frappe on the table and crossed her legs, maintaining a good posture while waiting. Another way to hide the annoyance and the impatience she's been feeling since 1 hour ago when she decided to go shopping and her friend insisted to accompany her. She should have declined the offer, because it's already 15:00 and there's still no sign of her.

 

 

She puffed her cheeks, stood up and walked towards the cafe's counter. She bent down and watched the cakes displayed inside the glass. She picked the one that read Caramel Pecan Pie and savoured it with a new frappe to go with it.

 

 

"I'm going to get fat with these," she shook her head and continued eating anyway. Just then, the shop's door clicked open and her friend bursted in with an apologetic expression written all over her face. She looks constipated, by the way.

 

 

"Hye Kyo ah!" She called almost crying. Hye Kyo looked at her without a single emotion plastered on her face which made her more nervous.

 

 

"Wah. I'm surprised you still came despite the time," Hye Kyo coldly said. Shivers went through Hyun Kyoung's body as she came close to the angel in disguise, Song Hye Kyo.

 

 

"Yah mianhaeyo! I didn't mean to be late!" She cried out afraid of Hye Kyo's further scolding.

 

 

"Oh yes you did!" Hye Kyo spat back. Hyun Kyoung almost knelt down when a pair of hands grabbed her shoulders. She looked up and found a smiling Hye Kyo.

 

 

"I'm just kidding. You can stand up and order now," she beamed. Hyun Kyoung stared at her agaped, trying not to pull Kyo's hair because she has fallen into the trap of Korea's Goddess! Aigoo. So mischievous. Instead she sighed and sat in front of her.

 

 

"You got me. Aish. Anyway, shall we go shopping then?" She asked Hye Kyo who was busy sipping her frappe.

 

 

"Mmm mmm. Kaja!" Hye Kyo beamed. Hyun Kyoung shook her head and followed her friend outside the shop.

 

 

They went inside various stores, most were Hye Kyo's favorites and shopped til sun down. As they were walking, Hyun Kyoung fished out her phone from her purse and captured a candid shot of Kyo. She had her back against Hyun Kyoung while walking like a supermodel invading the streets of Seoul, well, minus the shopping bag she held in her hands.

 

 

"Hye Kyo ah! Aren't you tired?" She asked Kyo while acting that she's almost out of breath from the walks and the shopping they've been through. Hye Kyo just rolled her eyes.

 

 

"Let's eat dinner then. It's on me so you don't have to worry. In that case,you'll regain your oxygen back!" She joked which made Hyun Kyoung grin happily. She linked her arms around Kyo's and pulled her to a nearby restaurant.

 

 

"So, how are you?" Hyun Kyoung asked which made Hye Kyo confused.

 

 

"Mwo?"

 

 

"How are you? I mean, he's in the military right now, and you're here. Are you okay? Does it hurt? Being separated from him?" Hye Kyo almost dropped her spoon when she heard what her friend asked.

 

 

"What hurts?" She asked innocently.

 

 

"Don't play dumb with me! Does 'that' hurt?" She spat while pointing at Hye Kyo's chest. Ahhh. Her heart. Does her heart hurt?

 

 

"Yes... yes it does," she answered honestly. There's no use in lying anymore, right?

 

 

"Did he say something before he left?" Hye Kyo nodded slowly.

 

 

"What? What is it?"

 

 

August 26, 2013

(A day before Song Joong Ki entered the military)

 

 

They decided to have a little trip at Busan's Gwangalli Beach to spend the day where Joong Ki is still by her side in the last remaining hours before he'd leave her for the military.

 

 

She shook her head, trying to erase the thoughts and the concerns she's been thinking ever since they started dating.

 

 

"Lean your head on my shoulder," she was startled when Joong Ki said to do that, but she complied otherwise. It's their last day of seeing each other and  she wouldn't pass up a single opportunity. She doesn't want to regret some things.

 

 

"Are you thinking so many things about me?" He asked as he her hair carefully.

 

 

"Frankly, yes. I'm worried. I'm worried about missing you. About thinking of you too much that it may cause me such a great heartache. I'm worried about you. About us. What if you forget about me? What if when you get back you'll treat me as if like I'm invinsible. What if during your stay in the military you'll love me less? What if-"

 

 

"Stop," Joong Ki cut her off. He removed Hye Kyo's leaning head against him and faced her. He held Kyo's face, noticing the tears from her eyes. He carefully wiped it and kissed her forehead.

 

 

"Stop thinking about those things. What I need you to think about is that no matter what, I'd still love you and it will never change nor will I love you less. I just need you to think about the good memories we had since the day we met. The time that I confessed my feelings for you and the day you accepted my love. Think about how much I love you. Don't worry about me. I should be the one worrying about you," Joong Ki stated which made Hye Kyo cry harder.

 

 

"Yah. Uljimayo. Stop crying. How can I leave tomorrow if you're like this?" He continued while bringing Hye Kyo closer and hugging her tightly. Making her feel everything. How his heart also aches when he sees her crying, how he will miss her and think about her non-stop, and how he will love her until the end of time.

 

 

"It's a good thing then. So that you really can't leave me behind tomorrow," Hye Kyo said which made Joong Ki chuckle. He placed his hand on hers and intertwined it.

 

 

"Promise me. That you'll never love any other man while I'm away. It's just for 21 months. Wait for me. Can you do that, yeobo?" Hye Kyo nodded, still fighting the urge to cry the hardest this time.

 

 

"I promise. Please don't get tired of thinking about me, too," Joong Ki smiled and kissed her forehead intently.

 

 

"Saranghaeyo, Hye Kyo ah."

 

 

"Nado saranghaeyo, Joong Ki sshi."

 

 

"Yah! Why is it still Joong Ki sshi?!" Hye Kyo laughed at her whining boyfriend.

 

 

 

 

"Wah. You really gave all the details. I envy you for having such a romantic boyfriend," Hyun Kyoung stated while pouting. Hye Kyo stuck her tongue out. "So maybe this is why you go shopping almost everyday. To distract yourself from worrying and from thinking about him. Right?" Hyun Kyoung added which made Hye Kyo nod in agreement.

 

 

"I need to go ahead. Shall I drop you in your apartment then?" Hye Kyo asked while grabbing her things. Hyun Kyoung just shook her head.

 

 

"Aniyo. You should go. I still need to attend another friend's birthday. You take care, arasseo?"

 

 

"De. Gomawoyeo, for accompanying me today," Hye Kyo said for the last time and went home.

 

 

As she entered her apartment, she started to feel empty and lonely again. She just miss him. Everything about him is haunting her. Forcing her to think and worry about him when he already said not to.

 

 

Hye Kyo felt her knees go weak and before she knew it, she slumped on the floor, her shoulders bobbing up and down, releasing the sobs she's been holding inside for too long.

 

 

"Joong Ki ah! Bogoshipeoyo! Come back. Ppali. Ppali."

 

 

The room was filled with tears and silent prayers, wishing he'd come back tomorrow or the day after, or any day that week because she just miss him so much.

 

 

Mianhaeyo, Joong Ki sshi.

 

 

I'm sorry for being weak. Just come home, please. Ppali juseyo. I miss you. I love you.


 

A/N: Omooo. I just realized that this IG update is exactly 1 year right now. Lol. Thank you for reading! <3