Of Stripes and Dinner

HYE KYO'S INSTAGRAM UPDATES

 

Song Hye Kyo's Instagram Update 4

 

 

Hye Kyo couldn't sleep that night, that is why she is still struggling to sleep even though it's already 2:00 in the morning. She wiggles and sprawls underneath the blanket that covers her tiny frame but still, she couldn't make herself go to sleep. The conversation she and Joong Ki had, was still running in her mind. The message Joong Ki sent a while ago made her jolt implying that for once, she also knows how to be anxious too.

 

 

"You have to sleep, Song Hye Kyo. You still have a busy day tomorrow. Ahhh michyeosseo michyeosseo! I think I'm almost one step closer to being crazy!" Hye Kyo wailed and rolled over her bed repeatedly. She kicked her blanket off of her and got up. She searched for her pair of bunny slippers and went towards the kitchen.

 

 

"How about drinking milk? This should let you sleep, Kyo," she whispered to herself while pouring fresh milk inside her cup. She sat on the sofa enveloping the darkness and the quietness around the place. As she was about to lie down, the coffee table started vibrating along with her phone. She immediately picked her phone up and bit her lip as soon as she reads the name of the caller.

 

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

 

"Yeoboseyo? Hye Kyo sshi?"

 

 

That was when she snapped back in reality and composed herself before answering.

 

 

"De, Joong Ki sshi?"

 

 

She wasn't expecting for him to call. Not in the wee hour of the morning. She wasn't expecting for him to text her too. It just happened. Many things happened after they have met that previous day. Joong Ki texted her saying that he got her number from In Sung, and that he just wanted for them to be close with each other. Hye Kyo on the other hand, was feeling happy despite the fact that she knows where this would be heading, but she still doesn't want to assume that's why she agreed being close with Joong Ki. The formality they have from 'sunbae and hoobae' was changed to a simple 'Hye Kyo sshi and Joong Ki sshi'. Which made Hye Kyo flatter because a man younger than her insists on calling her 'Hye Kyo sshi' rather than addressing her as 'noona'.

 

 

Hye Kyo smiled at the thought.

 

 

"Yah. Hye Kyo sshi. Are you even listening?"

She was startled by the voice that called her name from the other line. She almost forgot.

 

 

"Oh! Mianhaeyo! I just woke up and I'm still being drowsy right now,"

she lied.

 

 

"No. I should be the one saying sorry. Did I disturb you?"

 

 

"Aniyo! You... didn't..."

she whispered and she heard a soft chuckle coming from Joong Ki. Her heart fluttered and she smiled.

 

 

"I can't sleep, that's why I decided to call you,"

he said which made Kyo blush and regret telling him that she was asleep before he called.

 

 

"Why couldn't you sleep?"

She asked with her gentle voice. She heard Joong Ki sigh.

 

 

"I was thinking about you,"

Joong Ki blurted. Hye Kyo felt her body froze. It's like being electrocuted repeatedly because of the jolt she's feeling. "Why am I having this feeling?" She asked herself.

 

 

"Aren't you too direct?"

She joked. Both of them chuckled.

 

 

"Why? Am I taking things too fast?"

 

 

"Yes. Can you... go slow? If you can,"

Hye Kyo requested. She can't take things too fast. Not when she is still confused whether she likes him as an actor or as a man. Or whether he likes her as a woman.

 

 

"Of course, I can,"

he responded which made Hye Kyo sigh in relief.

 

 

"Before I forget, are you free tomorrow night?"

Hye Kyo immediately scurried inside her room to search for her schedule. As soon as she found it, she grinned when her schedule for August 20, 2013, 8:00 PM is blank, which means she is totally free.

 

 

"De. I have a blank schedule here. Around 8:00 PM,"

she told Joong Ki trying to hide the excitement from her voice.

 

 

"Great! I'll pick you up at 8 then. Let's have dinner along with some friends. What do you think?"

Hye Kyo bit her tongue trying not to scream that's why she hummed in response. Joong Ki ended the call as soon as he heard Hye Kyo yawn fakely.

 

 

After the phone call, she was free to run around her room screaming in low volume and dropped her exhausted body on the bed. The next thing she knew, she already succedeed in falling asleep... with a smile on her face.

 

 

Hye Kyo's day went well. She was smiling happily the whole day, greeting the staffs with much enthusiasm and she even bought them food too. Lots of food, I might add. They were shocked at first but thought it's just Hye Kyo being Hye Kyo.

 

 

"Why are you so happy today?" Ms. Lee asked Kyo. Ms. Lee started to feel creeped out because who wouldn't be? Hye Kyo has been grinning in front of the mirror for 30 minutes already.

 

 

"Wae? What's wrong with being happy?" Kyo asked back. Ms. Lee just shook her head. After a few minutes, Hye Kyo's phone beeped and as if on cue, she stood up, grabbed her bag and checked herself in the mirror for the last time.

 

 

"Eonnie, I'm going out!" She shouted which made Ms. Lee raise her eyebrow.

 

 

"Who are you going with this time?"

 

 

"Some friends? Uhh yeah. Won't be home til 10. Jjalga!" Hye Kyo immediately said then stormed out of the room leaving Ms. Lee alone... and confused.

 

 

As she stepped out of her dressing room, the staff was starting to pack up and build their tents. They will be sleeping outside so that they can set up early the next day. Hye Kyo was about to exit when In Sung called her.

 

 

"Hye Kyo sshi!" She stopped and faced him, hiding the annoyance in her face because God, she's in a hurry.

 

 

"De?" She asked.

 

 

"Where are you going? Won't you join us tonight? We'll be grilling samgyeopsal and have a small party," he said which made Kyo puff her cheeks. She felt sorry because she has to decline the offer.

 

 

"Oh jinjja? But, I can't stay, though. I have an important event to to go to. It's my mom's birthday and we're having dinner," she lied. In Sung pursed his lips and nodded.

 

 

"I understand. Maybe next time?"

 

 

"Next time," she then excused herself and walked away from the set. As she was near a bus station, she saw a familiar figure leaning against the post. She can't be wrong.

 

 

"Joong Ki sshi!" She shouted, careful that there's no one around to hear.

 

 

"Oh you're here! Wah. You look pretty. Even when you're in your simple striped shirt," Joong Ki stated which made Hye Kyo blush.

 

 

"Yah. Quit fooling around. I'm hungry," she whined which made Joong Ki laugh.

 

 

"Arasseo. Kaja!"

 

 

The ride towards the restaurant took about 20 minutes. When they arrived, Joong Ki immediately opened the door for her. They walked side by side towards the VIP room. Hye Kyo was taken aback after seeing Joong Ki's circle of friends. She was anxious and regretted why she didn't dress properly.

 

 

"Relax. They like you so you don't have to worry," he said to her making her calm down. She nodded and smiled to everyone.

 

 

Joong Ki's friends were easy to talk to and comfortable. They were as humurous as him, and she didn't expect for them to welcome her warmly. Hye Kyo sat in front of Joong Ki. As she was eating, Joong Ki grabbed her phone and clicked the camera.

 

 

"Hye Kyo sshi! Say Hi!" He said which made Hye Kyo laugh and waved like a little kid.

 

 

*click*

 

 

"Wah. Choding! Aigoo," Joong Ki teased. Hye Kyo took her phone and slapped Joong Ki in the arms playfully.

 

 

After dinner, Joong Ki insisted to drive Kyo back to her apartment. As they arrived, she offered him to go inside but he refused. Instead, he kissed her forehead and bid goodbye.

 

 

Hye Kyo didn't move for a second after Joong Ki went home. She was still absorbing that Song Joong Ki kissed her forehead. Yes. HE KISSED HER FOREHEAD!

 

 

She walked inside her room still figuring out why he did that. She looked at her phone and saw the picture he took awhile ago. She opened her Instagram account and posted it. If only she can put the caption as "Thank you, Song Joong Ki sshi for the dinner and for this picture" but no, she can't. Instead she put, "밥 먹 는 다" (Rice is eaten).

 

 

"A kiss on the forehead is sweeter than a thousand kisses on the lips. Have a good night sleep, Hye Kyo ah."

 

 

She re-read the message over and over again until she plopped down the bed and stared at the ceiling. What is he trying to say?

 

 

I'm going crazy, aren't I?

 

 

Yah, Song Joong Ki. Stop making these butterflies inside my stomach fly everytime you do this kind of things.

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hello! Thank you so much for the comments and the new subscribers! Anyway, if you're confused about the dates, the flashbacks are around year 2013, TWTWB days of Kyo :) Since she joined Instagram around 2015, she also posted some pictures late. So it's just like I'm telling the story behind that post, but not really the exact same day when she posted it. Gosh I at explaining things. Lol forgive me juseyo. c: Thank you for reading! <3