D (half moon)

130 Mood: TRBL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind is clouded by thoughts of you
My heart is messed up
I shouldn’t be like this just because you’re not here

But I keep rewinding back to that time

I can see the night sky from places you used to be

The half moon in the sky is a reflection of me
Just by looking into your eyes all my emptiness will disappear

I’ll be filled with longing after these boring days pass by
We used to joke around and call each other “one”

But you are you and I am I
I didn’t know it would become this clear
Having time apart to think and the feeling that time ran out
Time will pass by, but we can’t even say “come back”

There was not much of a difference. The air was the same. From the same bed to the same ceiling that you saw. Everything was still the same, but for some reason it felt oddly empty. You spaced out for hours, just day dreaming while you lay on your bed motionless. At first you thought it was only hunger, so you walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, in search for something to eat. You took out the left over food from yesterday and warmed it up in the microwave.

But even with a full stomach, you didn’t feel full. You tried to ignore that feeling and the TV in order to distract yourself. You flipped through the channels, but there wasn’t anything you wanted to watch. There was no point. It was useless.

You missed him and you wanted him to be next to you. You longed to lie in his strong arms while he brushed his finger through your hair. You wanted to feel his gentle kisses and tender touches. 

It wouldn’t feel so empty if he was here with you. You were sure of that. But it wasn’t physically possible. You two were more than miles apart. You were on entirely different continents, separated by the Pacific Ocean. He was in Los Angeles, to work on his music. It was his first studio session in a foreign country. You were his number one fan and you fully supported every decision he made in his musical career. You were the one who encouraged him to take on this challenge. Yet, at the same time, you wished he would pay a little bit more attention to you.

However, you know you weren’t the only one wishing for these boring days to pass by quickly so you could see him again. He missed you just as much as you did. And it was hard for him too, to be apart from you for such a long time. 

You were still zapping through the channels, indecisive what to watch, when you phone chimed. 


“Hyuk!” You greeted him joyfully, picking up almost immediately.

“Hey baby,” he greeted you back. His voice was huskier than usual and you wondered whether he was damaging his voice by singing too much. But even though you were worried about him, you didn’t ask, knowing you weren’t in the position to criticize him.


“I miss you,” you blurted out and threw the remote control down into the corner of the couch carelessly. You weren’t interested in watching TV anyways.

“You can’t imagine how much I miss you,” his soft and deep voice filled your ears. “Look at the sky,” he prompted all of the sudden. You did find his request weird, nonetheless you automatically  rose to your feet and walked over to the window. 





Please Subscribe to read the full chapter