21 (Crushing)

130 Mood: TRBL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You probably hated both people and love
Under your smooth talk and cold appearance is a soft heart
They say that you are pretty to the point where you ears are tired of it
But they only talk about you, they never actually listened to your story
I wonder how many you have had before me

I really wanna know you baby


Her vague smile is it a yes or no?
Whatever she does, just leave her alone
She’s mine.”

Crush’s birthday party was being held soon and he called you every day to remind you of it. You two had been busy lately, which made it impossible for you to meet and catch up. You tried to reject his invitation at first, because you had an upcoming exam, but he didn’t accept no as an answer, and so in the end, you found yourself standing at the entrance of the club.

“I’m sorry Miss, but you’re not on the list,” the bouncer said again, this time his voice was slightly irritated.

“I’m sure I am,” you insisted and urged him to check again. 

“Miss, I looked twice. Your name is not on there. And I have to ask you to step aside. Other guest are already waiting,” he told you politely and pointed behind. 

You rolled your eyes and let out a long sigh, leaving the queue. Of course you were a bit embarrassed. The bouncer practically denied your entrance to your best friend’s birthday party. The other guests shook their head at you and you could hear some muttering, “she has no shame.”

However, you decided to just ignore it, since being upset didn’t solve the problem. You fished your mobile phone out of your pocket and called Crush, telling him about the situation.

“! Haeri, I’m so sorry. I’ll come pick you up. Wait there. Don’t move.”

You stood there at the edge of the sidewalk, as you waited for your friend. You weren’t the most patient person and you easily got bored, so instead of standing still, you spun yourself around in a circle, until you heard a soft chuckle. Your body immediately froze at the sound and you quickly looked up just to be met by an unfamiliar face. The guy who was standing in front of you certainly wasn’t Crush, tough they had a very similar style, which had you looking twice to confirm the identity of the person. You scanned him from head to toe quickly. He was neatly dressed. Beneath his black coat he wore a plain hoodie. A white t-shirt peaked through his hoodie at the area of his neck and waist and his pants were black and ripped at his knees, showing some skin. You had to admit he was very good looking. For a while, you two just stared at each other wordlessly while the banging music from the club could be heard in the background, which made the silence between the two of you a little less awkward.

“You’re Haeri, right?” He asked you politely, reaching out his hands as a form of introduction. 

You shook it and bowed your head slightly. “Yes, and you?”

“Hyo Sub sent me to pick you up,” he explained quickly as he saw the confused expression planted on your pretty face. He was mesmerized by your beauty and he had definitely stared at you for a bit too long. But he quickly pulled himself together again, not wanting you to think of him as a creep. “I’m Hyuk or Dean. Whatever you want to call me.”



“Mhm. Let me guess, he’s too wasted to do it himself,” you joked and let out a little chuckle. Hyo Sub had always been like that. Whenever he partied, he partied hard. It was either entirely sober or completely drunk. There was no in between for him. And sometimes it ended pretty badly for him with a broken phone screen, or even a broken finger. 

“Well…let’s just say he is in his own world right now,” Dean joined your laughter and as he smiled small wrinkles formed at the corner of his eyes. 

~*~

When you spotted your best friend in the crowd you quickly walked up to him and greeted him with a hug, while stealing the glass out of his hands and taking a sip on your own.

“I’m so glad you came!” He shouted at you joyfully and hugged you back tightly. He swung you both back and forth to the music while his arms were still wrapped around you strongly. You wriggled out of his embrace, before you could lose your balance and fall over. You pushed the bag, containing his present into his hand and ruffled your hands through his hair.

“Happy Birthday!” You congratulated him sincerely and he thanked you, taking the gift into his possession happily. You then let your eyes travel around the private room he had booked for his birthday, in search for your favorite type of beer. The party hasn’t even officially started, yet the room already looked like a garbage dump. There were wadded cups and and cans spread all over the floor. The table was filled with snacks, drinks and overturned empty bottles. There were also many new faces that you hadn’t seen before, which only proved that it has been way too long since you last partied with him. You could feel some pair of eyes on you, but you chose to ignore it. You were used to it. Everywhere you went, you always generated attention. You had a face that many people seemed to like. You didn’t think of yourself as ugly, you just thought their reaction was a bit exaggerated because you didn’t consider yourself that beautiful. They had no reason to stare at you like hungry, -deprived animals. Maybe it was your body, you did have a toned body, but you didn’t wear revealing clothes often. You just didn’t feel comfortable in them. The furthest you would go was revealing a strip of your stomach with a crop top. But today, you were just dressed in a simple oversized black t-shirt, leather jacket and a pair of skinny jeans. It might be the simplicity that attracted them. But whatever it was, you hoped they would just leave you alone tonight. You were here to celebrate your best friend’s birthday and have a good time, not to look for a hook up.

Walking to the table, you grabbed an unopened bottle of beer while searching for a bottle opener, which you couldn’t find in between the mess. Suddenly you felt someone taking the bottle out of your hands, so you turned your head to the side bewildered. 



“Let me do it,” Dean flashed a smile at you and grabbed another bottle. He brushed the top of one bottle against the other and with a click, the cap fell onto the floor. He handed you the bottle and you thanked him.



“Perks of being strong,” you laughed.



“It’s not that difficult,” he shook his head humbly. “I can teach you, if you want.”



“Go ahead,” you agreed with a nod and took another bottle from the table, putting it into his hands. He showed and explained to you how to do it step by step and when it was your turn to try, you failed horribly. Instead of the bottle you intended to open, the bottle which was upside down sprung open and its content came pouring down.



Please Subscribe to read the full chapter