Mama Mama

Who the HELL is that D.O?!

I start marching towards the stage with full excitement. I can't believe Tae Hee has just won. This is incredible. Out of so many, Tae Hee is the one chosen. That 0.01% probability...Whaa this is unbelievable.

Remember to act like a typical fan.

Right! A fan. And what am I doing now? strolling around the beach? C'mon act like a typical fan. I start increase my pace and end up jogging towards the stage. Gosh why did I even chose to sit at the back? All are looking at me as if I'm a bride in a black wedding gown. I smile all the while till I reach the steps. This is the best gift I can ever present her with for she has done so many things for me. Tae Hee... you better be proud my darling.

"All put your hands together to welcome the luckiest fan of tonight!" The suit guy announces in a bright voice. God I wish I knew his name. A roar of claps emerge from the audience side who are currently in front of me as I walk up the stairs and step on the stage. For a moment I feel verily overwhelming. So this is how these guys feel when they are up everytime? Nervous and staggering? This is how thousands of fans with their glow sticks look like? A night sea full of  luminous planktons....This is amazing. So beautiful.

"Good evening miss. It's nice to have you here. How do you feel now?" The suit guy snaps me from my fantasy daze as he holds the mic in front of my mouth.

"I...uh..." This is totally breathtaking. I didn't even know how I ended up in the centre of the stage with all the twelve boys standing exactly right behind and this suit guy at my left like an anxious news channel reporter. I clutch Tae Hee's gift box more tightly.

Just imagine this....

You are someone who is a very shy and reserved type, barely get out of the house, avoid meeting new people and creating new ambience just because you always feel you are not ready for it yet. You don't like to explore much about anything because you don't give a . You always like and go for something usual, regular and common than something unusal. You are a typical unsophisticated tyke. You never visited anywhere apart from your own house and the small 'Gold Flower' bakery near by. And above all, you are literally galaxies away from the real world happenings.

Now tell me, how exactly would you feel when you are standing in front of hundred thousand people who are directly looking at your freaking face; on a grand mega stage which is practically showing you the bird's view of the stadium; surrounded by twelve in' handsome boys for whom these hundred thousand people are dying every day; and on top of all these, a gift in your hand, mic at your left, camera on your right and a creepy feeling of twelve pair of eyes directly looking at your back.....what would you say?

"Aww she must be awestruck I suppose... Excuse me miss!" The suit guy is the one to bring me back to sanity, again. "You are not talking anything. Are you alright?" He is smiling enthusiastically which I feel too creepy at the moment to be honest.

"Uh ye-yeah. I'm alright." Thank heavens for giving me my voice back. "I was a bit t-taken aback. I'm sorry I'm very nervous right now since...you know this is.....um....my fir-first time." I voice out what I actually feel.

He smiles again, this time less creepier. "So are you happy?"

"Uh yes I'm so happy....very happy"

"Your face says that. So did you expect that you'd win? You know, like among thousands?"

I chuckle nervously, wiping off the sweat that suddenly starts dripping down my forehead. "Actually no. To be honest I didn't really expect that I would win tonight." But a friend of mine did and little does she know about this.

"Well that's obvious, isn't it? Anyways, hey we didn't get to know anything about you." He says as he hands me his mic. "Please..."

I laugh as I take it from him. I'm still all keyed up and shaky that I barely find my voice to ignite. "H-Hello" I successfully start up. "My name is Park Hyo Shin and I'm from Seoul too. Uh.....I'm a crazy fan of EXO. I've attended all their concerts and I love all their songs especially MAMA, overdose and growl (unfortunately, those are the only songs I knew) and yeah....I'm very excited." I say my speech coated with oblivious lies. If Tae Hee were here with me, i would probably end up chocking blood right here on the stage.

"Wow, so a die hard fan gets this immense opportunity? You must really be lucky my dear." He taps my shoulders gently. Yeah, say all what you want.

"So before we pass on to the main part" he purses his lips before facing the fans "I would like Hyo Shin to sing an exo song."

Whaaat duh fucccccgk!!!

Sing an exo song? Does he really have any idea about what type of problem he has woven me through?! I don't freaking know any exo song!!!

The audience together shout a 'YES' and I practically faint! Please don't...

He turns back to me smiling smugly "You can start now."

"Uh..." gosh what should I say now? "My throat is.....uh....in a very bad condition and I can't sing right now." I reply quickly. ! He's looking at me like a sub inspector investing the criminal for traces of honesty.

He raises a brow "So your throat is okay when you talk?" Immediately I hear giggles from behind. God this is so embarrassing....

"I'm sorry. But I'm not good at singing. I..... . I'm afraid I'll ruin their beautiful composition." I reply with a smile and managing myself to be calm. Seriously, I at singing. I hope he doesn't pry anymore. 

"Oh c'mon. No one is judging you here. Perhaps, exo are singing till their life's out just for the sake of fans like you and you guys are hesitating to sing them one little song?" He whines. Jean Jellies, emotional harassment ahead! Gosh this guy doesn't budge?! "C'mon I trust you. You can sing well..." He pushes the mic to me, which, with a little more pressure, would have been shoved inside my mouth.

"C'mon clap for her!!!" He shouts and all the fans start clapping the beat. I feel so frustrated. Can someone please burn me alive?!

I sigh at last. This is not gonna help. Do or die. Might as well face it and see what happens. I hope nobody undergoes a panic attack with my singing. With a prior mental apology, I close my eyes and start singing,

"I'm growling, growling, growling.....

I'm growling, growling, growling....

I'm growling, growling, growling....

MAMA MAMA!

I'm growling, growling, growling....

I'm growling, growling, growling....

I'm growling, growling, growling...

MAMA MAMA!

Someone call the doctor,

I'm overdosed!

MAMA MAMA!

Someone call the doctor,

I'm overdosed!

MAMA MAMA!

E

X

O

Yo!

I'm still standing with my eyes closed. I don't dare open them and look at the most-dumbstruck-faces-of-2016 in front of me. But I can't keep them closed forever so I just open them, slowly and reluctantly. As I open, all I can hear is mere silence. I think I'm gonna be doomed. I open my eyes fully and the next second I wish I hadn't done it. All the pair of eyes are pinned on me with unreadable expressions which I find too difficult to decipher.

"What was that?" The suit guy finally pierces the ice cold silence. My heart is hammering against my ribcage which can break open anytime. What should I say? That I ing know nothing about exo or their songs? Holy Almighty, Love me less and test me less! "What did you just do now?" He grills again starting to look serious.

"Uh..." I nervously scratch my forehead with my forefinger. "A.....um....medley ?" Gosh where did that come from!

"A medley?" He a brow.

"Yeah. Of all my favourite exo songs combined." Or to be honestly precise, a medley of the only known exo songs.

For a moment he just stands there looking at me like a perplexed fox and then the next second, everything changes upside down.

"That's BRILLIANT!!!" He shouts out of the blue. "Brilliant! Really....I can't believe a youngster like you has such a talent in creating her own medly. Isn't it just great?" He turns to look at the boys behind.

"That was fantastic." Suho angel chimes in. "That sounded really good. I think we should work on that and produce it officially." He says as he glances over the other members and they nod in agreement.

I standing here speechless with my mouth opened wide enough for a pudgy wasp to enter. Tae Hee used to say exo are gorgeous but she never said they are this dumb! Man...I want to lmao now! I can't believe my on the spot medley composition twisted this way. Oh Hail Almighty!

"This night is really gonna be interesting because of you." He winks at me. Yeah, I thought that too. Way too interesting (Please note the indirect sarcasm here).

"Okay jokes apart. Now it's the time for the fan to present her favourite member with the gift she brought." He takes a peek at my hands. "Ooh so she did bring something......tiny. Well, Hyo Shin," he beams at me.

"Yes?"

"Whose your BIAS?"

"D.O."

There's a moment's silence before he screams into the mic.

"Whaaa...so the exo member whose gonna be gifted by a fan tonight is none other than our KYUNG SOO!!!"

Is he deaf? Didn't he listen to me when I was talking? How can that be mistaken? It was all loud, proper and crisp clear when I told him, wasn't it?

"Um excuse me...." I tap him on his shoulders and he turns. "Its D.O"

"Huh?"

"I said D.O. My BIAS is D.O" I say again, proper enough to seep through his thick head.

He sighs. "Of course you little girl! Kyung Soo is gonna be happy with this. Though he looks a bit emotionless, trust me he's gonna be happy with this. Don't worry." He smiles. Darn you bloody moron! You are not getting me!

"No no no. It's D.O.!" I panic.

"Yeah. Is there any problem? I told you not to worry."

"No no that's not it. You're not getting me..I to--"

"Oh c'mon. You can do this dont--"

Dammit! "MY BIAS IS D.O. AND NOT KYUNG SOO!!!" I scream at once stoping everything from working. I freeze. They freeze. All freeze. Oh what have i done? "I'm sorry for shouting...I-I didn't mean to. But you don't get me. I don't like Kyung Soo. I like D.O." I mumble softly.

Gosh I can't explain Tae Hee if this mistake happens. Who can hold their sanity when they hear they got selected but the gift was handed to someone else by mistake? She'll kill me if that happens.

Did I say something wrong? Why is everyone staring at me like I'm a loony who just escaped from a mental hospital. Exo are looking at each others faces perplexedly and this suit guy here looks like any minute he might pass out. All of a sudden he laughs pointing at me hilariously.

"I know...hah...I know what's she...uh talking about....whew." He manages to utter in the midst of his ghostly laughter. "Some fans are out there who likes exo just as their natural self. I love that. She's one among them." What is he blabbering about? "Anyways, I'm really sorry. Let it be D.O then. So....it's your time now." He smiles as he leads his hands towards the twelve chiseled boy structures behind me. I turn back and stand there, completely awestruck. All twelve of them, right in front of me, this close....

Imagine this one too...

You're an average looking girl, no shape, no curves, no iness instead just a thin freaking chopsticks legged weakling.

You don't have the habit of sticking around with boys or dating them because you don't have any, in the first place.

You have cousin brothers but they grotesquely look like ducks! Your class boys....nah just a load of dweebs and goofballs. Your neighbour boy...nope, you don't even know if there are boys around your neighbourhood because remember, your an anti-socialiser.

And now you are here, with the twelve-most-breathtaking-boyfaces staring at you, how would you actually feel? I probably feel like passing out but I grab a hold of myself and stay still. Seriously, Tae Hee didn't have any luck today.

"You can give whatever you've brought to D.O" suit guy's voice snaps me out of my daze, for the 'n'th time today.

I sigh and look up.

Then it hits me like a teacher's chalk.

I freeze.

Who is D.O?