Total tension

Who the HELL is that D.O?!

It wasn't supposed to be my business!

It wasn't supposed to be any of my business in the first place.

But now this is my topmost business. Why the hell did I even agree to this?

***the previous day***

"Hyo Shin please.....Do this for me please."

"I can't Tae Hee. What are you even talking about? How can I attend the concert when I don't have any interest?"

"This isn't about your interest. Your doing this for me. For your friend. Please....."

"Tae hee I ca--"

"Look I would't have bothered if that was a  normal routine concert. If I miss tomorrow, I can attend some other time. Not like I'm unable to afford for the tickets or something. I freaking have attended almost every concert of EXO.  But the thing is, this is not a normal one. If I win, I might get a chance to gift my BIAS. You don't know how unbelievable it is."

"Tae Hee relax. Even if I go you there tomorrow, you won't be able to see him or talk to him in person. So why bothering?"

"I know. But I can at least be happy over the fact that my present have reached him."

"You're overconfident. You'll not win. Certainly not among those crazy thousands."

"I trust the probability. Please Hyo Shin. That gift is my life and I wanna give him my life. He has to know how crazy I am over him."

"But if I go, I'll be the crazy one there. Why should I? Duh..."

"That's why I've attached a letter. I've written all the things I wanted to tell him. So don't worry about that okay?"

"You're all preset but I haven't attended any concerts before. I don't know what to do, where to go and how to behave. Like I freaking know nothing about concerts! I can't do this."

"Hyo Shin cool down. You just go to the venue. Get inside the entrance. Stand among the crowd. And if my coupon wins, just go give this gift to D.O on the stage and come back. That's it. As simple as that."

"But--"

"But remember two things thoroughly. One: Don't forget to act like a typical fan. Two: Never blurt out that your a fan's antifan proxy. Get that? I don't have any idea how the fans would react when they come to know you're a zero in EXO."

*sigh* "Tae Hee you're not getting me--"

"You're going."

"No I ca--"

"You're going."

"Tae Hee I--"

"YOU . ARE . GOING!" *Glares like a fire*

"Okay fine!!!"

I sigh clenching my fists. I've never felt so regretful in my life before. I should have never agreed in the first place. But that girl was shooting glares for Holy Mother's sake!

Too late. I'm already at the venue, in a corner of the entrance and right in front of a giant EXO banner. I'm really too late, ain't I?

So....This is the so called EXO? I swear I haven't seen so big banner in my life. Too much publicity. Who cares? That's how kpop works anyways.

Shrugging, I scan my eyes along the banner. My head rotates a big circle to get a closer glimpse of the complete picture. My face suddenly cringes when I see big crooked letters that read 'EXO PLANET'

What type of font is that?

And the terms, PLANET, GALAXY, POWERS....Are they aliens or something? How weird.

At last, the picture of the boys.

Seriously, how many are there exactly? One, two, three, four............ten, eleven, twelve. Freaking twelve members? Is this a band or a swarm? My God! I can't believe my own eyes. All the twelve are looking alike, full black, same suit, same pose and freaking gorgeous too...

I'm letting go of my pride here. I had to admit that they are really hot. No wonder they are having thousands of fans. Especially girls like Tae Hee. How could they pose so uniformly? Like no difference. All the twelve are looking similar and that I can't differentiate. Well why am I bothered about this?

"There are handsome, aren't they?" I hear a voice from my back. I turn back to see a girl, I bet must be around my age, striding towards me. She's wearing an oversized black tee shirt with the same crooked fonts from the banner, written EXO PLANET on the sleeves. She's holding a stick like thing with a hexagonal attachment on the top. God knows what that is. And a big back pack is clung to her shoulders. She must have brought some gifts too. From her appearances, I can make out that she is an EXO fan. Typical.

"Um..yeah. They are gorgeous." I agree nodding.

"An EXO-L?" She asks surveying me from the top to the bottom as if she would rip me off into pieces if I say I'm not. But what is EXO-L by the way?

"Yeah." I say smiling awkwardly. Whatever that EXO-L is...

She nods. "Who is your BIAS?"

BIAS? Bias Bias...oh yeah, I remember! Tae Hee told me that it's the most favourite member among the group. "D.O" I reply back.

"Oh. Mine is Chan Yeol. It was Beak Hyun before and then Luhan and now it's Channie. I actually fell for his rapping ya know." She breathes out hugging herself. I smile and nod as if I get what she is talking. But honestly, I didn't get a single thing she said. Well who cares...

"You're not having EXO glow stick." She points at my empty hand.

So that's called as a glow stick? "Um I forgot to buy." I admit sheepishly rubbing my neck. I can't say I didn't buy because I don't know what it is or I didn't know where to get it or whether I should actually buy one. It's not compulsory right?

"Oh. Here you go then. I have another one just in case." She smiles brightly offering the glow stick that she was having and pull out another one from her pant's back pocket. I grab it and survey it fully, careful that she shouldn't find me looking at the thing like it's something I've never seen before. But in reality, it is my first time.

"It's working well. Don't worry."she says taking my survey in a different perspective.

"Ah..." I manage to fake an embarrassing laugh. I flip the stick again and I find a switch on its side. I press it and the hexagonal thing starts glowing in a flickering manner. Cool stuff! "Thanks."

"No problem. We're all one in the EXO family. Anyways I'll keep going. Better not be late for the concert." She pats my shoulders and skips away.

"Okay."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Never had I ever attended a concert before and I have no idea how it would be. Because now, I'm regretting. Now that I'm inside the concert stadium, with thousands of crazy fans wide spread throughout looking like night sky full of stars. That glow stick is sure worth a buy. The stage is lit up with disco lights and smoke, a big watch screen is standing on my left which I guess for the zoomed view of the idols' faces. Tch. I should have attended at least one concert before. I should have went along with Tae Hee. This place is just so stunning, making me feel all sophisticated. I feel awed to be in between the crowd even though I have no idea what happens here.

The concert hasn't started yet but the fans have already started freaking out. All are having a gift in one hand and their respective coupons on the other, obviously waiting for the lucky draw event.

I'm standing at the very end, somewhere among the last ten rows. But still I get a good view of the stage through the screen. I don't have anyone to talk with. Seems like people have already come in groups that I don't know with whom I can join. I'm feeling lonely. I should have atleast come along with the girl I met outside. Tch.

I glance at Tae Hee's small gift which is sitting comfortably on my lap with the blue satin ribbon smiling at me. The letter attached to it is under the gift. It's thirteenth time I'm wondering what it is. Shrugging, I simply sit on the bench ignoring the lively audience and play with my glow stick when the speakers suddenly boom with sound. I guess it's started. Now I'm regretting why I came here. Fans start screaming like anything and my eardrums would burst anytime soon. No one is sitting on their places. All are up, dancing and jumping over the ground. Their heart out scream is directly poking my ears and I could feel the vibrations of the sound from the speakers, in my chest. So loud. Gosh this is dreadful.

"HERE COMES EXOOOOO! " Some guy in a grey tuxedo shouts to the crowd in the mic on the stage which only makes them scream wilder.

At once the stage light goes off and the whole audience crowd start waving their own glow stick in a uniform waving manner. It's beautiful. I literally feel like floating in the space. Maybe I should join them too. Not for the EXO though but I might like the experience.

I did. I did like it. My own glow stick is waving among the others and I can't help but to laugh overwhelmingly. I don't know anyone here. I don't know what's EXO. I'm not any crazy fan like the others. But I'm loving this.

"EXO! EXO! EXO!" Fans start chant-shouting rhythmically with the glow stick movement which feels more lively. Well I can join them too. I might enjoy that as well.

"EXO! EXO! EXO!" I start shouting along with them and trust me it's really fun. It's funny how I'm shouting for someone I hardly know. Well that's not the point here. The point is, I'm enjoying. Yeah baby! It's a real fun.

Gosh I can believe I'm fangirling over some X and O. This is so ridiculous. Well, who cares? No one can spot me here, can they?Like shouting 'There is an antifan among us and she is shouting EXO EXO EXO. Catch her before she does something to our boys!' Fans won't turn that creepy right?

Suddenly, the darkened stage lights brighten and so are the screams and shouts. A wide platform rises from the underground, up the stage, leading with stairs. I can spot a smudged glimpse of twelve uniform pillars aka must-be-EXO, standing erect on the platform, heads dropped. The fan screams get wilder and louder, if that's even possible.

Their faces aren't clear because of the smokey effect but I can be damn sure of one thing. They.are.damn.stunning!

"OPPA! JONG DAE OPPA! SARANGHAE!!!"

"MARRY ME BEAK HYUN AH!!!"

"LUHAN OPPA!!!!"

"EXO FIGHTING!!!"

"AAAHHHH.....KAI....SARANGHAE.....AAAAHHHH....."

Jesus! It's like the fans are possessed by some sort of frantic spirit or something. It's quite scary, to be honest. Fans have gone ballistic. Poor them.

~ ~ ~ Careless Careless! Shoot Anonymous Anonymous! Heartless Mindless, no one who care about me? ~ ~ ~

What is that?! A song? Don't tell me that's a song...

The screen on my left starts focusing on the members, clearly. Nice. All twelve, together, unison, well synchronized and uniform energy...I wonder how many times they would have practiced this choreography. It's flawless even though the song sounds pretty uniquely weird though.

"MAMA MAMA!" Fans accompany the chorus parts along with them. It's strange how fans, especially girls, love songs with an absurd tune and abnormal lyrics. The song is on it's middle, full packed with energy and wildness.

Believe it or not, at the end of the second chorus, I too join them "MAMA MAMA!" Why shouldn't I? After all, I can have my own fun here right? I can't stand here like a statue of Rome. Remember, act like a typical fan. Perhaps, this music is really good. It's addictive.

"WHO WANTS TO GROWL???" A tall guy among the twelve shouts at the audience. Whow man! What happened to his ears? Did he just borrow it from an elf?

I thank the screen because I am able to see all the faces, crystal clear. They are indeed flawless. Like princes. And from a second's glimpse of all the twelve, I hereby admit that I fell in love at first sight over the guy with really, really big eyes. Whoever that guy is...He's really cute, calm and squishy.

The second song's track starts playing in the background and the boys do another synchronized choreography. Wow. This song is really catchy. From the chorus I'm able to grab the lyrics - "I'm growling, growling, growling...." So this the Growl that Tae hee was talking about?

After a while, the third song continues without a pause and the word Overdose clearly strikes my ears. And this is the so called Overdose? Worth a praise.

Fans seem to enjoy beyond themselves and so am I. So this is how Tae Hee feels whenever she attends a concert? Poor her. She must've had so many experiences to share with me but all I did was either ignore her or dodge the subject in which I'm not pretty good. I didn't even allow her to open when I predicted that she would be talking about this kpop thing. Next time, I should atleast try listening to her.

I was really so into the songs, singing them, waving along, dancing a bit and admiring the freaking beautiful faces of the boys on the screen that I lost tracking the flying time. It's almost past ten and seems like the songs and dances has to wind up. The guy in the grey suit, who introduced EXO in the beginning, makes another appearance on the stage and stands at the center. The twelve boys fix themselves up from the breathtaking dances and orderly stand behind the suit guy.

"Now. Any guess of what's gonna happen next?" He beams into the crowd and all scream at the top of their lungs. Their voices come out tangled but anyone can tell they are shouting 'lucky draw event.' Everyone knows! After all, this was the very event that everyone had been eagerly waiting for. The crowd screams get louder when the suit guy smiles as a YES. A sudden pang of nervousness raises in me when all clap cheerfully. The very business reason I have come for. It will be starting within seconds. Gosh why am I getting so restless. It is not like I'm gonna win or something. I mean, it's not like Tae Hee's coupon gonna be drawn out, is it? But still, the 0.01% probability that she was talking about...will that take my unusual  restlessness as an advantage here? whoo....this is tension. Total tension!

I take a look around the fan girls at my sides and front. All are happy, smiling ear to ear, grinning like fools and some are having their hands joined, probably praying. pff...crazy! There are so many things happening around the world - Thousands of homeless people, suffering from varieties of diseases, flooded towns and villages, natural calamities, lack of food and water, daily death of bunches of people, poor orphans, earthquake attacked areas, tsunami sufferers, drug addicts etc.., etc.., etc..., there are so many thing for us to remember while praying and these crazy girls are just bothered about winning a stupid lucky draw??? How insane and foolish...

Wait!!! What am I? A priest?Why am I ranting about this now? Arrghhh...I'm getting tensed. Calm down Hyo Shin, its just a silly lucky draw...

"I can see all are really excited about the event, aren't you?" the guy probes around the crowd from the left to right with his hand shading over his forehead, as if he's searching for something. Dammit! Just start the event and finish it off soon, will ya?! "oooh...I can spot many glittery papers among you. So you all have bought a gift for the boys? How sweet..." Exactly , that's what you were expecting right? "Have all brought your own gifts?"

"YESSSSS!!!!" reply the crowd at once.

"Wonderful.Now can we start the event?"

"YESSSS!"

Geez...When exactly is he planning to start, huh? And with this crowd shouting till their throats out, I bet I'm gonna struggle to even listen to what  the nearby girl says. Man.....start soon! bugger!!!

"Bring the box please." He randomly commands someone from his left and at once all the twelve boys on stage flip their heads to look at what it is. So we do. A large lengthy cylindrical container emerges into the view. A man in full black, labelled as 'security' at his back is bringing it in a trolley. Looks as though its damn heavy, obviously made of a good quality metal. The suit guy pulls the trolley to his front and the boys come gathering around it, ready to drive a fan girl to oblivion within seconds. 
He inserts a big iron rod into the cylinder and starts shuffling. Yeah, this is how they do it when you have tons and tons to coupons to shuffle.

"Leader of EXO-K, pick one." He turns at one particular guy and I gape on the screen at the one stepping forward. I can tell his whole background now.

Name: Leader of EXO-K

Age: looks as though he's at his early twenties or who knows, he might be even a teenager.

Address: Heaven

Parents: Seruphim and Seraphim

Gawd....watta handsome angel he is....

"SUHO OPPA.....SARANGHAE...." I hear cries from behind at once he gets the mic and talk something that I actually missed listening. I swear, this so called Suho guy's handsome meter is beyond values. He must've named Gabriel or something.

"C'mon Suho. Pull a leaf out."

He smiles and put his hand inside. It's funny how he is trying to reach the base of the container to shuffle manually just for his own consciousness of giving a fair result. All are gaping at him nervously, some with their lips bitten, some tiptoeing to see clearly and some are with their eyes shut tight, probably still praying. Girl you must have gone to a church instead. And honesty, around me I feel typical aura of a chapel. He finally pulls his hand out after what seem to be an hour. The so far quite crowd starts shouting again, violently.

"I'm having a coupon in my hand now." The suit guy announces as he gets it from Suho. He carefully unfolds it and stares at the paper. Some random seven numbers which is gonna get someone damn lucky tonight. I can't help but to feel nervous too. C'mon it's a human thing. It's natural. You eventually start getting nervous when you are around a tensed group of people. Dammit Bastard! Read it soon!

"It's.......2...4...1...4...3...3...........NINE!!!" The confetti bursts immediately and loud form of claps erupts throughout. It's like someone has won an Olympic.

"Congratulation the winner!!!! I repeat. 2414339. Congratulations again. Come onto the stage please." He calls out looking into the crowd. All are having different emotions on their faces. Sad, happy, pouting jealously, grinning cheerfully and oh my, some are even crying.

"2414339. Please come onto the stage." He calls again. Oh please whoever is that 2414 blah blah blah....Make it fast! They are calling you!

Wait did I see mine, I mean Tae Hee's? Nah, who cares....it definitely won't be her's. Well, but just in case....

I quickly pull out Tae Hee's coupon from my Jean pocket and take a look at the numbers using the light from my cellphone. I knew it! It's not her's.

This has got 2414.3...3.......9!!!

!

!

Holy mackerel Mother of Galaxy father of bloody cow it's her's! It's freaking her's! Ta-Tae Hee won! Tae Hee just...oh my gosh....It can't..."It's me..." I try to tell but the words just come out in the form of a barricaded whisper.

"2414339. Please come onto the stage. It's the last call. If you don't turn up then I'm afraid we have to pull out another one."

"It's me! IT'S ME!!! That's the number I've got. See it's me." I'm shouting like a crazy, holding up my coupon for everyone to see. Somehow the news of my presence passes to the suit guy like a fire along the petrol soaked twine.

"Wow so she's there? Focus the spotlight on the person please." He announces and I see two bulky security grooving in through the crowd to find me and I'm here, freaking standing like a Frozen Elsa. I can't move. Well how can I? Something unbelievable has happened...

"This girl here. Yeah this one." Some fans around starts pointing at me and the security comes as he is told.

"Are you the one?"

"Ye-Yes it's me. Well actually this is my frien---"

Never blurt out that your a fan's antifan proxy.

"Er um...yea it's me." I hesitantly show him my coupon and he looks at it. He nods at me after looking at the proof and signals someone. At once, I find myself standing UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT! This is Daebak! I'm feeling like a rock star now.

Fans around: check.

Spotlight: check

Music: check

What else is missing? The stage!

Yup.

Here I come baby!